PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Saturday 23rd February 2013**

shipbroker
02-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Morning all.

My train doesnt go till 0700 so awAke in plenty of time!

Mary, sympathise with your daughter in London but as a place it is still interessting....

Back later folks.

geoff

Scene Chaser
02-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Have a good trip, Geoff.
Bill

JudyL
02-23-2013, 12:22 AM
We loved London when we were living in the UK! Of course we were not working there just enjoying it. Our favorite places to eat there were Wagamama and Pizza Hut :lol: I loved going to the museums (which were FREE!) We still have our oyster cards and plan to use them.

shipbroker
02-23-2013, 01:07 AM
Hi again,

Bever been to Wagarama Judy although I have eaten at Pizza Hut a couple of times in my life.....today it is chicken salad sandwiches bought from Lidl!

cheers

geoff

djdedman
02-23-2013, 01:18 AM
Good Mornin Geoff, Bill, Judy and all who follows. Geoff wishing you a safe trip,. Warm wishes to All, still haven't picked up my paints but still plan to.Have a great day, be back later. Happy Painting:wave:

doppler
02-23-2013, 01:48 AM
Good evening.

What a day? Glorious blue sky and sunshine in the morning so at early hours Roger and I got up, after COFFEE, and mowed the sprouting fields to turn them into lawns again. The easy bits anyway. We are expecting more rain next week. I shudder looking at the secret forest. Then for me it was into a shower, iron something semi presentable and then down to the gallery.

Good thing. I have nearly finished the musk lorikeets painting. Sweet Ellen who runs the Gallery is also a Ranger here. She spotted the photos straight away and was impressed. She had never seen them up here. We are at the very northern end of their range ... then a quizzing. With a bird bath in dought, they all come.

Then a saunter home feeling the effects of the mornings mowing. Creak and groan. Haven't been able to do enough of it between crisping dry and then torrential rain.

Happy Happy birthday Uschi. The next ten or more years please :heart:

BBL Roger has just sat on the mosquito coil

Yorky
02-23-2013, 02:48 AM
Good morning all. Same as here 0C dry.

We're enjoying Peter's visit, he is just about to head off to North Wales to work for the day. He is sorting out their software. David should join us for a meal this evening.

have a good trip Geoff.

Doug

shipbroker
02-23-2013, 04:01 AM
On the train south of Peterborough, train is full

Have a good day everyone.

geoff

Lulu
02-23-2013, 04:16 AM
Hi everyone:wave:
No time to talk.......but fabulous fabulous day, enough food left over to last at least for the next few meals:thumbsup:

A pic of the birthday boy and me today:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Feb-2013/1118-IMG_1628aa.jpg

doppler
02-23-2013, 04:29 AM
BEAUTIFUL Lulu and John. :thumbsup: :heart: Looking good BOTH.

Yorky
02-23-2013, 04:45 AM
Wonderful photograph Lulu, you both look great!

Doug

Island Nipper
02-23-2013, 05:59 AM
Good morning everyone, grey sky, 1.2 deg C, 15knot NE wind, BRRRR.

Henry nice studio very cosy. Unfortunately I have not sailed the west coast of Scotland, I have only ever been to Arran, that was when I was 11 camping for three weeks.

Lyn you lovely lady, I do hope your health problems will improve soon, you gave me great comfort with your kind messages.

Hap, I know what you mean. Our catamarans will handle a force 6 and fairly rough sea in the right hands, our problem in these conditions is launching from the beach.. The surf runs wild in any wind with East in it, the cats tend to bury their noses in the surf and stand on end,( pitch pole ),then in the shallow sea and surf they suffer much damage. If I was race officer on these days I would cancel racing, much to the annoyance of the young dare devils but to the relief of everyone else including our insurers. It was then to the club house to listen to the old boys telling us how they braved these conditions easily in their days, with none of the modern wimpy life jackets and things.

The new baby is paying a visit today, still not sure what his final name is yet. Esme my 9 year old granddaughter has offered to show me how to take a video on my IPad, she tells me she is the best in her class at computers! Brilliant.
I have to log on to her cat games each day and play roulette to win points so that when she visits she can buy things for the cats. Keeps you young don't it.

Just started to snow here, I do hope the visit is not cancelled.

Just had guitar Keith stretch some Fabriano paper for me. I am not sure I like to look of the surface, very regimented dimples.

Off to play with the downsizing site, I typed in 800 x 600 last time but my picture was reproduced very small. Still it looked better like that!

Peace and light to everyone, I hope all who ail feel better soon. :wave:

Doris345
02-23-2013, 07:42 AM
Hello, washers.

Haven't been around in a few days - had an unexpected visitor from the UK and was busy showing her around. Kathy was my neighbor when I lived in East Anglia for a year (until it was 'gently suggested' that I leave the country) and we had a great time catching up.

I am going to finish catching up on the washes and gallery, but will give a warm :grouphug: to all in need of one, and a :wave: and :clap: to the birthday guys and girls.

BBL

Doris

CharM
02-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Good morning from dull, damp and dreary SW of Ontario... we're enjoying our warmest temperature now as it will get colder throughout the day... although not all that cold, truly, at -4c.

I'm meeting a friend this afternoon at the Capitol Theatre for a Collective of Black Artists: A Visual Arts Exhibition highlights the work of three Chatham-Kent artists: Lionel Shadd, T.J. Brown and Brandon Shadd. We'll be able to meet the Artists at a Reception being held in their honour.

I've fed the kitty herd who had decided that a group wake-up call was a necessity... fed and watered, they're playing outside for awhile. Matt should be home from work any minute and I have coffee ready to brew. Although, he may just head directly to bed since he has to work at the Superstore later today.

:wave: Geoff, Bill, Judy and Jackie.

Hi Annie... are your lorikeets to be found in the Gouache Corner?

How wonderful that you'll have both boys home for dinner, Doug! :clap:

What a fabulous photo, Lulu... but your dress... it's... blue...

Nipper, those dimples should stretch out flat as your paper dries. :crossfingers: It took me several weeks to name my eldest son... :lol: Sounds like you have a great day planned, filled with the Grands!

Doris! How mysteriously wild of you!!!! A checkered past... :)

((Lyn)) I hope you're feeling some better today...

Magoo just came in the door... no coffee for him this morning, he's off to bed... I'm going to brew the pot anyway because Ted will be rousting any minute...

I hope that everyone has the best possible day. HAWLTAIN. :grouphug:

Ellen in Ont
02-23-2013, 08:27 AM
:wave: everyone,
I have a couple of day a off from work and I'm determined to get the first of washes of paint on my painting today. I'm tired of fiddling with the drawing. :rolleyes: I'll end up lifting most of it off anyway before I paint.

Lulu - you both look wonderful. Young and happy.:heart:

Nipper - it's amazing what kids can do on computers. My grandson is 15 months and if you hand him an iPad he can open it, find his file (only identified by his name below the box), select which game he wants to play, play a minute or two, close it and selects another one. :eek:

Have a good trip Geoff.

Enjoy the visit with your sons Doug.

Char - how much longer does Matt have to work at the two jobs? It's a good thing he's young. :D

I need a cup of coffee and get started on my day. Good morning to everyone else before or after. Enjoy your weekend.

Strawberry Wine
02-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Good Day Washers! 1.5 C and overcast here in the Grove this morning. Damp cold ! I would rather have - 6 C with blue skies.

Gillian and 4 running mates are basking in the warmth of Disney World this weekend gearing up for for tomorrows Princess 1/2 Marathon. I know they are having a "magical" time.

Nipper, have you tried Saunders Waterford 200 lb. paper. Love it for landscapes and absolutely no stretching required. Less $$$ than Arches 140 lb.

Kathy was my neighbor when I lived in East Anglia for a year (until it was 'gently suggested' that I leave the country Doris, now there hangs a tale.:)

Lulu and John, lovely photo ! Blue ????? Is a good match to John's shirt though.

Ellen, amazing how fast they learn. Liam is now explaining things to me. LOL

Time to get something to eat.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

wcartistsr
02-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Hope snow has ended. We got about 3” or so yesterday. Pretty, but I am ready for spring. The cold is getting to me.
Yesterday I worked on my painting and also planned out the table runner. Here is a pic of the chair pads I had made, and the pillow I made to go with it. The table runner will have a bit of both fabrics.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Feb-2013/34846-chair_pad_and_pillow_wcJPG.jpg

Tonight we are going to a dinner/dance. Am looking forward to it. Will have a live combo.

Great picture of Lulu and John!
Ellen, I am astonished at your grandson and the tablet at that age. That must be amazing to watch.
Doug, glad you are enjoying Peter’s visit.
Thinking of Lyn, Winnie, Kev, John and others with health concerns. May each day find an improvement and a joy.

Have a great day.
Shirley

Scene Chaser
02-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Good Day Again, All,
Nipper, hope your company does not cancel. Enjoy the day.

It is above freezing here for a change. I may actually walk out to the mailbox today.

Shirley, your chair pad and pillow look beautiful. Too nice to sit on.

Doris, we are all wondering just how bad you have been. :lol:

Ruth, Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed that yesterday. Enjoy dinner with your sons tonight.

Must eat,
Bill

shipbroker
02-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Gail. My favourite paper and good for a soaking if needed!!

Sitting at Kings Cross station waiting for train.

Lulu / John nice photo.

geoff

Wind Song
02-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi Everyone:wave:

Lulu and John you look fabulous darling!
Your dress is adorable!

Shirley great cushion and chair pad! Nice fabric!

Doug very nice that both of your son's will be with you for dinner!

Geoff wishing you a safe train trip today!

Nipper Geoff have fun with you new grandchild!

Char have a great time at the artist's reception!

Gail I bet Gillian is having a wonderful time!

Anne those lorikeets are beautiful birds!

Doris I see a tale brewing!

I am off to paint!

Have a great one!

olliewood0702
02-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Hello all,

A lazy morning so far. Larry had to work but I'm still sitting here drinking coffee. I am going to do some laundry and paint. I need to finish up my tulip painting and move on.

Nice pic of you and John, Lulu. The birthday boy looks quite happy as does his lady. ;)

Ellen, I know it's just un-real how early these kids can handle the electronics. Klaira too; she un-locks her Mom and Dad's phones and starts playing with it.

We will leave for Detroit later today for the game tonight. We are staying at the Detroit Renaissance Center where the Tattoo Convention is taking place. We will have a nice visit with Josh and his shop-mates. They all are attending this particular convention. Our weekend will fly by but it should be fun.

Shirley, those chair pads and your pillows are BEAUTIFUL. What a lovely print you selected and with the blue and green your runner will look Fab.

Doug, whoohoo, I know what it feels like to have both of your boys home. HAVE FUN!:thumbsup:

Geoff, have a happy day in LOndon.

Nipper, have a fun visit with Esme.

Annie, glad you and Roger were able to get the lawn mowed inbetween the un-cooperative weather systems.

Gail, wow...what fun for Gillian.

Char, Matt is a hard working man. Enjoy your day.

Doris, now you've got me thinking...:confused:

Waving to you Judy!

Hello Bill, we had all our snow gone but yesterday's solved that for us.:rolleyes:

Dj, get those brushes wet!

Hello there Sharon!

Off now to throw a batch of clothes in the washer and to tackle the background of my painting. More coats needed.

Have a most WONDERFUL day all.:wave: :heart:

LynnM
02-23-2013, 11:27 AM
:wave: Good day all! Grey and dreary here too. I have to get out and find a box to ship my humidifier back....sprang a leak all over my feet when I turned it on, and the company says it is a faulty gasket. They will send me a different model, but first I have to send this one back, and of course that is the one box I used for something else, so a trip to the liquor store is in order, best boxes! And I can get my vodka for the Spectra Fix.

Well, vodka purchased, nice little half size bottle, but no boxes. Hardware store says come back on Tuesday....:crossfingers:

Lovely photo, Lulu, you both look so happy!!!

Very handsome cushions, Shirley!

Ellen, 15 years ago one of my grandsons was that age, and I was so impressed that he could run the VHS player.....how things progress! Max is a bright boy :)

Sounds like an interesting show, Char.

I hope the snow doesn't interfere with your visit with the new grandson, Nipper, and good luck with your uploading. You may have got the right size, but a low resolution, check to see how many pixels per inch you selected.

Edit: have fun, Darla!

Have a good day everyone! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Yorky
02-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi folks, it has been a reasonable day, kept dry and the temperature crept up to 6C.

It has been decided we shall go out for dinner to a restaurant near where David lives at Preston.

Still betting missing d's :rolleyes:

Doug

JudyL
02-23-2013, 12:05 PM
:wave: Hi again
Geoff, if your sitting in Kings Cross you are lucky, we did find, after a bit that If we got First Class seats, :smug: Not only did we get food and wine included, but could go to the first class lounge, that had food and wine and soda included as well. SO worth it! Had enough of standing in the cold at KC.
Only problem we did find the 1st class coach was at the end of the train at Harrogate, lots of walking fast.
I have been chosen to take the 17 year old G Daughter to get a hair cut, not a problem, it's in Old Town Elk Grove which is where the Art Center is :) and lovely stores. The rest of the family is watching the 13 year old wrestle, I do not enjoy sitting in bleachers watching.....well you get the idea, the boy is ok with this, I asked but I do give him food.

mustache, have a good one EVERYBODY!

WthrLady
02-23-2013, 12:18 PM
16 days 11.24 inches of rain..... glub glub glub
needless to say, we are out of drought and the river is up again. Another 4 inches plus for Monday plus severe weather.

Ahhhh Spring.

February challenge is sketched out, now I just need to sit down.
Have a great day everyone!

noge
02-23-2013, 01:06 PM
He folks - spring is coming :wave:
Took this today :thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Feb-2013/148675-Spring.jpg

Flattwo
02-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi to All

Geoff, watch out that someone does not mug you for your i pad

Its been a beautiful day here, sunny all day!

Speak later

Henry

NancyR
02-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Good afternoon all,

I woke with a start this morning thinking that I had overslept, then I remembered it was Saturday. Slept in until 8:30 a.m. I have been playing on the computer all morning. Was going to clean the house this morning, but it's not in bad shape at all. So, today will be a paperwork and income tax day. :(

DH has two baseball games this afternoon, and my oldest daughter is going to drop by so that I can show her how to handle my mother's affairs in case something happens to me. Mom is going strong and will be with us for a few more years.

Talked to my middle daughter today. Her DH has been offered a job in Bollywood, and it looks like that will be their next adventure. They can get a brand new 2,300 sf apartment for $400 a month. She went to FIT in New York and worked as a designer for David Dart many years ago. One of her designs was bought by Nordstroms and graced the cover of their catalogue. So, she cannot wait to get there to buy fabric.

Trees have started blooming this week, and the temperatures took a dip. The best part is the days are getting longer again.

Uschi---Happy birthday and many, many more.

Lulu---Please wish DH a very belated, but happy birthday. I love the photo of the beautiful couple.

Nipper---I hope you had a wonderful visit with your grandchildren. It is so special to spend time with them when they are young.

Gail---My youngest daughter lives in Florida, and that was the first marathon she entered. She just ran the full marathon that went through all four parks. Gillian will have a blast!

Shirley---I love the chair cushion and pillow. They are so cheerful.

Darla---I know you are going to have a great weekend.

Geoff---Hope you have a great time on your trip.

July---I do not blame you for not going to watch wrestling. I gave up trying to attend any of their sporting events, because I just don't have the time or energy.

I guess I have stalled long enough. Time to get dressed and get started on my banking stuff. Hugs to all in need.

Uschi
02-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Good Afternoon!!!

Gray in gray out there and not exactly warm either. Uninspiring day.

I too have achieved very little so far, the gym at the senior center is being used for something else so NO table tennis this morning:crying: :crying:

I am definitely ggoing to paint a bit after this, then for family dinner at DIL's parents place.

Lulu, gosh, you have such wonderful genetic material:thumbsup: :envy: Wonderful photo of the two of you!!!!

Shirley, I LOVE your two cushions, colour combination is wonderful!!

Ellen, I too am flabbergasted at Max's talents. Did we all have talents like that inside of us when we were young and just wasted them with no opportunity to use?????

Darla, Larry must have taken the time off after all, good for him, gives you a nice outing with your sons!! and another "flabbergasted" for Klaira!!

Egon, AAAWWWW, sooo pretty. Not deluded about the arrival of Spring though, won't happen until middle of April. The Schneegloecklein are big TEASERS:lol:

I have been meaning to plant Snowdrops ever since I had the garden and every year I forget in the fall when the bulbs are available. Can one of you PLEASE remind me when the time comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nipper Geoff, I hope Esme arrived and you are learning lots:)

Doug, trippe bonus, one son + one son + dinner out!!! Can't get much better than that!

Gail, Gillie will be in her element:D

Char, I hope their art is impressive and enjoyable for you.

Geoff, thanks! and have a good trip!

:wave: to all I did not personally address and hope everyone is having a good day!!

Uschi

happhoto
02-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Good Morning Washers!!

Supposed to be rainy all weekend…but it’s sunny out right now:confused: …I may even get my walk in today!! Anne slept in and then wanted to go out to Brekkies…so who am I to argue! Easier for me to fix, just reach for the wallet! Nothing really planned for the day, so open to “opportunities” as they arise. Would like to get to the studio but it’s not likely this weekend Anne is still feeling tired so we’ll probably stay home and relax.

Geoff, I love a good train ride! Have not been on one for years though. Have fun in London town!

Judy, still happy that Jack’s chemo is having few of the less enjoyable side effects. Hope that it stays that way and does it’s work too! :crossfingers:

Jackie, hope you pick up your brushes soon! We’ll do what we can to inspire you!!

Annie, have not seen the lorikeets painting yet, will have to look for it! No leeches today? Roger sat on the mosquito coil? Did he spring up?:evil:

Doug, enjoy the visit! Will you cook this evening or dine “out”? Ah you answered that later in the wash!:thumbsup:

LuLu…happy photo! You know we were all there in spirit…but we did not eat much!!

Nipper Geoff, I am becoming of an age where I’m one of those telling the stories of “the old days”…and some of them are even :eek: TRUE!! Never was much for the catamarans..When I lived in Hawaii I did belong to a catamaran canoe club though..paddling not sailing! Still racing is fun and technically challenging to do well. I still enjoy watching it on TV when I can find it on anywhere Love the America’s Cup challenges! Have a good visit with the new grandson!

Doris…oooooh Banished by the Queen eh? :clear: BTW if your film has been frozen it’s very likely still good. I still have film frozen from 2001 that is still good. Just let it thaw to room temp before you use it. AND if you’re looking for processing, give B&H a call they’ll know where you can get it done!!

Char, coffee is goooood ! Good for Magoo knowing enough to head straight to bed for what rest he CAN get!

Ellen Yay for days OFF!! Now you can slow down and rest…oh wait:eek: …I forgot who I was talking too!! Have fun painting!!

Gail, I wish I still COULD run! But I will get in my walk today! How are YOU doing, getting better by the day? Be smart and listen to your body…I tell that to my Annie too…sometimes she even listens to ME!

Shirley pretty work!!! I can sew a button on…learned that in the navy…that’s the extent of my sewing skills…still, looks interesting!!

Bill Thanks for reminding me! Happy Birthday to Uschi and Ruth!! How far a walk is it to your mailbox??

Sharon, have fun painting! Not likely that I’ll get paper wet until Monday. Unless Anne wants to go to the studio

Darla is Larry going to work Sunday as well…how long a drive is it back from Detroit? Have fun with Josh and cheer for the redwings!!

Lynn, explain the vodka and spectra fix??

Judy, my daughter’s cat’s Vet is in Elk Grove. Closest thing to a grandchild I have at the moment! Have fun at the art stores!!

Caryl…sounds like a normal day in Washinton to me! Glubby glub glub to you too! Check your toes for webbing…I don’t need to check…webs intact!!:D

Egon Yes, spring IS coming…:clap:

Henry, nice studio space! When do the injections start ?

Aiiiii Nancy! You reminded me…Income tax this weekend…darn! Oh well it’s gotta be done, render unto Caesar and all that…What does daughter’s hubby do that he gets offered a job in Bollywood? I’d love to visit India someday!

Well now that Nancy has reminded me, I need to start gathering up a bunch of tax “stuff” and get Turbo Tax fired up and start doing some “business work”…

Uschi...belated happy Birthday to you!! Yes...Paint....oh...and BUY some snowdrop bullbs!!!:evil:

Make it a great day everyone!!

hap

Flattwo
02-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Hap, thanks

The injections start after my Prostate test shows no problems, in about 10 days. The injections cannot be given if I have Prostate problems, which I don't, but they test anyway :confused:

I'm just about to get tucked into an Indian take out, Vegetable Buryani and Chapatis...yum yum!

Cheers

Henry

NancyR
02-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Hap, SIL is a cameraman who worked his way up in the industry. He worked with Will Smith on the Mohammed Ali movie, Survivor, even filmed some of the new Vegas TV drama. He worked on one movie a year ago in India and has a 10 year work permit. There are two film companies that are making him an offer for working on two films.

Scene Chaser
02-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Hap, you need a portable home studio. My mailbox is about 250 feet from my door. Seems longer when it's cold and snowy. Today it is snow covered ice. I walked on the lawn portion as much as possible.

Lynn, you and my wife like the same beverage.

Bill

shipbroker
02-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Evening all....back home again.

Egon, our snowdrops have been through for about three weeks but a bit slow to form bunches...

Henry....I have an iPod not an iPad...IPads are what all the 10 year olds have in London...they were out in force in KingsX taking pictures of the Hogwarts Platform,that isn't.........

Travelled back with three quite posh ladies in their 40's who had been to town for shows and shopping and out of boredom had sunk 7 bottles of wine between themselves last night!.........they had two bottles on the train before they got up here.....two of them seem to be involved in racehorses as they live at Richard the Thirds old haunt in Middleham .......and were talking of going for a drink when they got home....wouldn't like their livers!

geoff

ReggieS
02-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi all! Been trying to sit down and post all week but have been busy cleaning etc expecting some company from Connecticiut and they ended up not coming, disappointing!.

Well, my job is now definite. I sent an email confirmation of acceptance of their offer yesterday and the contract and benefits package shall arrive here in a few days!!! Now to get my state license which is a complicated process so will be working on that this on Monday. I should be working by mid April!

Painted yesterday with my class of Watercolor Soceity friends in Weston. It felt great to sit and paint a whole painting for the first time in ages!

Hap- I love they way you and Anne go for Breakkies so often! It is so sweet the way you do such nice little things together! You are such a loving couple!

Darla- have a great trip!

Uschi - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Ruth -HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

GEoff - have a safe trip!

Nipper- Have fun with your new grandbaby!

Shirley- nice pillow!!

Bill- Winter is almost over!

Egon- Nice pic of Spring peeking out of the snow!

Doug- have fun with Peter and David!

Gail- you sound like you are doing really well in your recovery! I'm so glad to hear it!

Char- how is Matt's job coming along?

Well time to go list some more items onEBAY. To all that I may have missed and all to come , have a great evening!!

Reggie

Scene Chaser
02-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Hi Reggie, congrats on the job. You will do well.

Geoff, fast trip.

Bill

shipbroker
02-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Good news indeed Reggie......

Anyone out there remember this era??

http://oldfortyfives.com/TakeMeBackToTheFifties.htm

rgds
geoff

Yorky
02-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Well, we had a lovely meal, bang goes my diet!

Congratulations on the job Reggie.

Doug

LynnM
02-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Hap, the vodka is because we can't buy 100% alcohol here in Canada, and Spectra Fix (environmentally friendly) comes with a concentrate that has to be diluted with alcohol. Vodka is the nearest thing, so they say, so I will try it. Char has good results, but uses an airgun. Will see if I can manage the spray bottle.

Well Bill, I don't drink it, just spray it on watercolours! My taste buds prefer good Scotch, or wine, but my head says no.....

Kay, I meant to say the other day, the costume idea for a wedding is acted out frequently at our Heritage Village, they make a good income from the weddings held there, and many are in costume. Are we going to see your current jewellery artistry?

That video rang quite a few bells for me, Geoff!

That's great, Reggie!

Thanks for the cheering photo, Egon, sometimes it's hard to remember what sleeps under the ice and snow.

Sounds like quite an adventure for your daughter, Nancy.

I am painting and baking this afternoon, and watching CBC sports, skating right now.

Scene Chaser
02-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Geoff, all good memories at the sock hop. What we called the Friday night dance in the late fifties.

Lynn, at least you put it to good use.
Bill

ReggieS
02-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Thanks Doug, Geoff, Lynn and Bill! Very encouraging Bill!
WE used to have Friday night CYO (Catholic Youth Organization) "record hops" in the late 50s and early 60's. What fun nights, the boys lined up on one side of the gym and the girls on the other until the boys got up the courage to ask the girls to dance so they had to cross to the other side!! Hard to believe that was over 50 years ago!!!

Reggie

painterbear
02-23-2013, 09:21 PM
That was a fun blast from the past, Geoff. I was a teenager during that time, so it really brought back the memories for me. :thumbsup:

Night all,

SYTomorrow.

Sylvia