PDA

View Full Version : ~***DAILY WASH ~ FRIDAY 22nd ~ FEBRUARY ~ 2013***~

laudesan
02-22-2013, 12:32 AM
be right back :wave: just checking, blue is not my favourite colour, well unless it leans on the purple side. :p

Good afternoon..

Sun is shining..

Char, GoPro Hero3 HD (http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition) is a neat little camera one can take anywhere. It has a waterproof housing, and can be attached to virtually anything. I can attach it to my bike, bike helmet, me chest, my head :D when walking. It is a high quality miniature camera. Has video, time-lapse, slow motion, you name it it can do it. Have a look at the link and the wee video.
It was cheaper than the 18-200 lens I was going to buy for my Canon, and I will get more fun out of it, I am sure. Once I figure out how to set up the wifi..

(((Kev))) I hope your setback isn't too bad. I really do feel for you, you have had such a terrible time with that darn hip. :grouphug:

Lynn, what an absolutely beautiful view to wake up to in the morning.. I am jealous!!! Your sewing protect sounds a challenge, but I have utmost faith in you. You are magic with needle and thread!

Darla, what a nuisance Larry has to work. I am glad you are still going. Lucky you getting to go to that awesome workshop. You need to buy yourself a TENS Machine..

I am smiling at "fluid outfits" My wardrobe consists of shorts and trousers. I have one dress, for emergencies. I don't like it though.

Caryl, that is some easel. I have a smaller version, Alan built for me years ago.

Ellen, that is some snow!!!!! You will have muscles on muscles girl shovelling it all. :heart: I bet the kitties would love to play in it..

((((Lyn)))) I am always thinking of you my friend. You have a special place in my heart, you were the first friend I made here..

Uschi, I love my long hair too. I doubt it will ever be cut above my shoulders again. :)

Well, I have been ringing the insurance company, as I am still waiting for their decision. In the meantime, the last lost of winds, completely flattened the one side of the garden arbor that was half standing, and the rains are washing my soil from the upper level to the bottom level faster than I would like. Going to be a major repair now. :(

Ok, back to trying to get this wifi to work on my camera through my smart phone.

:wave:

shipbroker
02-22-2013, 02:13 AM
Morning JJ and following.

I looked in at first awakening at 2am and thought it was too early to start then looked in sleepily a while later and realised iPod needed charging so went back to bed, managed about 6 hours in 3 tranches so not too bad.

Today, no idea what I am doing yet

geoff

Yorky
02-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Good morning all.

Looks like we'll be getting action shots in future JJ:lol:

Hi Geoff, a chilly 0C here but dry so far. I had my regulation 5 hours.

Just changed the bedding, Peter is coming for the weekend then he flies to Germany for a week then home.

Just been listening to Farming Today. The farmers are unable to plant crops because their land is waterlogged after 10 months of rain :rolleyes:

Doug

JudyL
02-22-2013, 02:25 AM
Hi, this time Jack's Chemo day is Friday instead of Thursday because of Presidents Day, so I have his lunch in the fridge and ready to pack up. It's not a bad experience, kind of relaxing, at least for me, I read and walk around the hospital. Jack sits in a very nice recliner, with a needle in his arm, reads the paper, eats lunch and takes a nap. Oh and under a very nice warm blanket. :smug: if I'm cold they give me one as well :) We love those, which is why I was given a towel warmer for my birthday (Brookstones) SO worth it and not very $$$ at all.
He spent most of the day fixing up our rental, we will let the Agency deal with the painting, but he does like to get his hand in. It was really nice to see the place (inside) since it's been 5 years since we were inside. The renters took good care of the place and are now in their own place. They have family who would like to rent it so :crossfingers:

Mustache, it' bed time

TTFN and again, Lyn "Keep your pecker up" as they say in the UK.

doppler
02-22-2013, 02:28 AM
Good evening all.

JJ I wondered about the last downfall.

GEOFF ! Sleep!!! I could come and chat to you. It works on Roger every time ;)

Did my clothes shopping. Saw a beautiful silk blouse thingy to be worn over tight trousers. Beautiful lasted until I saw the price tag. Nonchalent walk around the rest then outta there!

Next shops, first worse, next better. No dresses. Don't know how to stride in dresses unless I have boots on. Lovely subdued greenish top and black trousers. Will have to shuffle through the fetish cupboard to find shoes to match. They are in there. Truly. I have boots too. :rolleyes: Lots.

The reprovisioning went well. The dump was the dump. Was going to cut the grass but a rain shower came through :thumbsup:

Edit ... Hi Doug

Judy, huge huge hug from here. I dont want to imagine what you are going through with Jacks illness. Looking in from the outside, caring and unable to influence it. STAY strong.

BBL

Lulu
02-22-2013, 03:19 AM
Hi everyone:wave:
yet another warm day.....29.5C today.
Just finished the ironing...

I have a feeling that it is Uschi's birthday - it is Madmum's and something in the recesses of my tiny little mind remembers them being the wetc twins.......will check, but in case I don't get back I will wish Uschi a very happy birthday!!

ps I LOVE wearing dresses/skirts! makes me feel feminine.:) Trousers/pants are more practical for everyday wear though.

shipbroker
02-22-2013, 04:01 AM
Same temperature here Doug.....possibility of snow showers this weekend!
I'm off to London for a meeting at the 'crackof' tomorrow, bet I have difficulty getting up!

JudyL......strange really, when I was having my longer chemo treatment a couple of years back it was all very warm and relaxing and I almost missed going there every Wednesday.........nice people who knew what they were doing and did it without any rush.....as my appointment was always 1030/1100 it meant I got lunch as well...usually baked potato and salad and a yogurt or ice cream.............((((((((((Jack))))))))))

JudyL...again, 'Homes under the Hammer' featured a property ex hairdressers in Knaresborough this week, on one of the caravan forums a Scottish friend said his wife liked the look of the place and could they bring the caravan there this summer!......so about 6 of us from North Yorkshire chipped in with what to do and where to go........

Off for my seedy toast now...

geoff

ScarletLake
02-22-2013, 04:21 AM
Hello to Everyone:wave: :wave: :wave:

Our area in Ohio had freezing rain last night. I heard it hitting our patio door and windows. I imagine that schools will be having delays or closings this morning.

I just read Thursdays posts --

Long hear vs short hair ---I feel more comfortable in short hair. I haven't worn my hair long since I was a little girl. It is very thick and naturally curly and it seems to like being short.

Clothing - my usual daily outfit is jeans and mock turtlenecks or jeans and a white button down shirt with scarf. I love dresses - long and flowey and feminine. Can't wait till spring to wear those.

LuLu - A very Happy 70th to John.

Uschi - A Happy Birthday to you if it is your BD

Darla - sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead and a couple of busy months ahead with your workshop and planning your trip. ENJOY

Kev - I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having so much trouble with their hip replacements. God Bless You

Caryl - Great pic of you and your easel. That's a monster. Bet you can't wait to move.

Kay - any news on your part in the show

Doug - Enjoy your visit with your son

Gail - Hope you are doing well

Tenn Lyn - So sorry to hear this

as for me ---Finished Downton Abbey on Sunday evening. Can't wait for next season.

Had a very hard day on Tuesday ---my little beagle Ms. Tilly is ill and the vet said that her heart is even more enlarged. She is in the end stages of heart failure. She now has a new medication so now 3 pills a day but we may not have her for very much longer 3 mos, 6 mos who knows. So I cried ALL day on Tuesday. One of those days where I cried about everything.

Wednesday afternoon spent at nursing home with Dad and Stepmom - he was not having a good day. He had bowel troubles and I spent 3 hours of taking him to the bathroom every 10 mins. Up and down, up and down.

I came home and took an Aleve for my aching arms and hip and I passed out watching Jeopardy and didn't wake up till after midnight. My husband had come to bed and I was still on top of the covers in my clothes. Never heard anything when he came to bed. I think I went to another universe.

Thurs - went to hospital to visit my friend Paula who had to have her cholestomy redone and moved across to the other side of her abdomen. Whomever did the first surgery put the stoma through the weaker of the abdominal muscle and hernia's developed and blocked off the intestine. She was having alot of pain but came through it.

Today I am planning on going to the coffee shop and just chill out for a couple of hours visiting with friends.

Everybody have a great day

Anita

doppler
02-22-2013, 04:39 AM
Hey Anita. Days like those (((((())))))) :heart:

painterbear
02-22-2013, 05:49 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter to six here in icy Oakwood. Unfortunately, I was supposed to go to a meeting of my Tri-Art Club this morning, but with ice on the roads, I won't be going anywhere. Just getting out of our garage backing up a hill between two walls would be "fun", then driving 20 minutes south on ice covered roads would be more "fun". :rolleyes: Nita Leland is the guest speaker this month and she will talk about photographing references and art work the best way. Sorry to miss that. :o

I'm working on my orchid painting at this time. Putting in the little white flowers that were beside my main star. Trying to keep them a bit abstract so when I do the orchid it will have maximum impact. :D

A belated Happy Birthday to John, Lulu. Hope he had a great time at the big celebration you planned to honor the momentous occasion. :D

Happy Birthday to Uschi!

Annie, Do have someone (Roger?) take a photo of you in your stylish green top and black trousers. :D

Anita, :grouphug: for your rough day.

Judy, Ahhh, you brought back memories for me. Glad Jack is doing so well with his treatments. :thumbsup:

Kev, Darn! Sorry to read you are back on crutches. :o {{{{{Kev}}}}}

Darla, Those two workshops sound like really interesting and fun times for you. Enjoy.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Ellen in Ont
02-22-2013, 06:00 AM
:wave: everyone,
Dashing through on my way to work.

Uschi - happy Birthday if it really is. Happy unbirthday if it isn't. My dress colour is called cobalt blue but is closer to an ultramarine. The wedding colours are pink and blue and I would look terrible in pink. :D

(((Kev))) - sorry you are back on crutches. I hope that will be the end of the hip problems.

Gotta run so I'll just wish everyone a great start to the weekend.

Uschi
02-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Dull but not so bitter cold.

HAPPY 74th BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!! Time for Lynn, Sylvia and Lyn to play catchup again:)

Girls from table tennis are taking me for lunch to the Indian Restaurant before playing in the afternoon. Family dinner tomorrow evening.

Lulu, thanks for remembering and you are right, it is also Ruth's Birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUTH, although I don't think she comes here any more.

Sylvia, Ellen, Anita, thanks for the good wishes.

Sylvia, I too would stay home if the road was all ice.

Ellen, we will see the photos after the wedding, right!!!!

(((((((((Anita)))))))) Sorry you had such a hard day.

Doug, Peter's visit is a GIFT!!! Enjoy!!

Annie, so is it tight trousers and a nice blouse??

JJ, these insurance companies sure take a long time to let go of the money.

Geoff, much better to forego your nice visits to the hospital.

Judy, I am glad you are enjoying it while you have to be there.

:wave: to all here and all yet to come and :grouphug: to those not well.

Uschi

shipbroker
02-22-2013, 08:21 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/84585-13320-th_birthday_5.gif

Uschi.......and Ruth..............

geoff

laudesan
02-22-2013, 08:26 AM
:clap: :thumbsup: :heart: HAPPY BIRTHDAY USCHI :heart: :thumbsup: :clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/22284-10732-happy_birthday.gif

CharM
02-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Good morning Washers! Blowing and snowing. That's it. Cold and windy. I'm definitely ready for Spring.

The kitty herd has been dealt with and I've made coffee... trouble is Matt is too tired from his night shift (he just got home) and Ted is still sleeping. The garbage needs to be taken to the transfer station... and that's it... perhaps I'll make soup... it seems to be a soup day.

We went for a *drive* yesterday as Ted needed to get some bird seed (we buy 50 lb. bags) and return an item to Canadian Tire. We even went out for lunch... It was nice. I never did sit down to paint. Will do that today, though.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/20514-0106.gif Uschi!!!

((Judy and Jack)) Do you know how many more treatments are needed?

Hi JJ... Insurance companies are very quick to demand their money and very slow to pay it out... :( I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with this new camera!

Hi Geoff... not the best sleep, but at least a few hours of rest.

Doug, I'm not surprised that your farmers will be having trouble getting on the land because of your soggy fall and winter. You must be so glad that Peter will be home again for a short time!!

Hi Annie... As a shoe minimalist, I'm in awe of anyone who can just go to the closet and pull out a pair that will match *something*... :lol:

Lulu, you're right about the Birthday Twins... I hope that our Ruth is lurking...

(((Anita))) Some days are *coal*. AND, you love big hats, eh?

I can't wait to see your orchid, Sylvia... I love them. Mine has only flowered the once and I just wish it would send up new blooms!

:wave: Ellen!

Ted's finally crawled out from under the covers... time for some lemon water and then breakfast! Have a great day, everyone.

olliewood0702
02-22-2013, 08:41 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR USCHI!! May it be a GREAT year ahead for you.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/20956-birthday_cake_w_candles.jpg

Happy Birthday to you too Ruth, if you are peeking in.

It's CRAZY nasty out there this morning. Snowing and blowing and horrible to drive in. The heavy wet snow was clinging to my windshield wipers and making it SO difficult to see. It's a white out too so it was almost impossible to see. I'm just glad I'm here safe and sound.:thumbsup: I saw a van wrapped around a telephone at one intersection.:confused: They are saying 2-4 inches but we have almost 4 inches now and it's supposed to snow until around 1pm.

(((ANITA))) I'm so sorry about your furkid's prognosis. That is tough. You must have needed that good sleep.

Annie, glad you found something to wear!

Ellen, your destination wedding sounds like so much fun; I'm sure everything will go great and you'll make lots of great memories.

Geoff, I hope your trip to London is a good, safe one.

Sylvia, probably a good move to not travel this morning.

JUdy, I'm glad that Jack's chemo experience isn't too traumatizing for you and he.

JJ, that mini camera looks like a SUPER nifty thing!

Doug, enjoy Peter's weekend visit!

Char, we buy our birdseed in 50 lb bags too. Larry has a huge plastic garbage bin with a cover, that we put it in.

I talked to my Mom last evening. She's doing well and sounded good.

I hope you all have a most wonderful day and weekend.

BBL:wave: :heart:

Strawberry Wine
02-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Good Day Washers!

- 8 C. and overcast this morning. No exciting plans for today. :)

:music: Happy Birthday Uschi :music: I know that you will enjoy your lunch out and that it will involve some kind of Curry !

Anita, sorry to read about Ms. Tilly :grouphug: Our furry companions lives are much too short even when they live good long lives. Sounds like hanging out with friends is just what you need to do today.

Ellen, glad you have got the dress issue settled. I know you are heading south for the Wedding but I can't remember where and when it is. Soon ?

Lulu, I hope John's Birthday party was a huge success and that you all enjoyed a wonderful day of celebration.

Geoff, no doubt you will sleep well tonight.

Kev, sorry to read that you are having pain issues with the new hip, yet again. Obviously something to do with full weight bearing but other than another six weeks on crutches do they have any other suggestions.

:wave: to all I have missed

Cheers,

Gail

Scene Chaser
02-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Good Day All,
Happy Birthday Uschi!!
I like hair long or short on a lady. Even bald is beautiful.

Geoff, same sleep I had. Probably won't need a nap now.

JJ, I wish my life was as exciting as yours. Love your new camera.

Ladies, we men canít see your legs if you always cover them with pants. A dress occasionally is a good thing. :wink2:

Doug, say hi to Peter for me.

Anita, Sorry your beagle is ailing. Hope your day is better.

Sylvia, good choice to not drive on ice. I would really like to know the best way to photograph my art. Would love to hear Nita's talk.

Ellen, dashing through the snow. You need a one-horse open sleigh.:)

Char, lemon water to start the day? Is it to pucker your lips to greet Ted in the morning? :)
What has happened to your new drop-off cat? Did you find a home for it?

Darla, drive carefully. Glad your Mom sounds good.

Gail, hope you are feeling stronger each day.

Itís snowing here and we expect one to three inches. I will shovel snow for the third day in a row.
Bill

LynnM
02-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Good day all! just zipping through, off to the grocery store for our biweekly visit.

Just had to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, USCHI!

And Happy Birthday to Ruth, too!

BBL

painterbear
02-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Good Morning again to all,

Well, after I typed my message above, a couple of hours later I got a call that the meeting has been cancelled due to the icy conditions on the road and walkways (i.e., parking lots and sidewalks). The weatherman was outside showing how everything was covered with a layer of ice. By noon, temps are supposed to be above freezing and it may begin to melt, but until then staying indoors is best. All the schools and other places where people gather are announcing they are closed. :D Hopefully, they will reschedule Nita's talk to a later meeting.

I saw this little experiment on Facebook a couple of weeks ago and decided to give it a try. It would make a fun activity to do with kids...your own or grands whichever is available. :D

When you have a head of lettuce (I used Boston, but the article mentioned Romaine), cut off the stem end with a little bit of the head left on. Put it in a bowl with about 1/2" of water and change it daily. After a couple of days, I saw a little nub of green form in the middle, this is what it looks like today. Fun!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/9833-ALettuce.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/9833-BLettuce.jpg

Now that we know officially,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, USCHI! a trailblazer all the way. ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/9833-Birthdaycake.jpg

Char, I love your description "shoe minimalist"...that fits me to a T as well. I have very wide feet, so shoes were always a trial for me, and I remember when the first round of pointy toes and high, high heels were the fashion only too well. Painful and silly trying to wear them, especially to work in all day long. :rolleyes:

:wave: to all who were here between my visits.

SYL,

Sylvia

CharM
02-22-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm procrastinating... I need to climb the stairs and get the bed made and the bathroom cleaned... and I don't want to... :lol:

Darla, we used to store the bird seed in the house in a big plastic bin. It came home once with miller moths... and my house was infested with them in just a couple of days! :eek: Ted keeps it outside in the garage now (in that bin). Be careful driving home...

Gail, I wondered the same thing about Kev's crutches...

Bill, I haven't been able to find a home for him. He's a friendly boy who *talks* to me when I go outside. I feed him and I've put a box on the porch for his shelter when he's visiting. He's been sleeping under our neighbour's porch, I think. The lemon water each day supposedly helps balance your body's ph... I'm not entirely convinced.

Happy shopping Lynn!

All right... I'll head up to the shower and then get my chores out of the way. :wave:

Yorky
02-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Happy birthday rainbow
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Dec-2006/20514-birth.gif
>>>> Uschi and Ruth <<<<

Waiting for a call from Peter ....

Doug

Scene Chaser
02-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Sylvia, Darla mentioned this some time ago, so I thought I'd try it too. Here's my romaine. I may harvest it tonight.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/83119-roamine.JPG

Bill

Flattwo
02-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi to All

Happy birthday Uschi and Ruth!

Wet here!

Bought this little Famous Grouse bottle of Scotch and a glass for £2.50 at our local supermarket, will maybe drink it to celebrate next new year!

The lettuce trick is fun, I throw more out than eat

Speak Later

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/3457-DSCN4646.jpg

Henry

wcartistsr
02-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Good Day to all. Snowing furiously out and I am glad I have nowhere to go today. Plan to paint and maybe work on my table runner. Didnít do much yesterday, docs appointment and did get my hydrangea framed.
JJ, that looks like a nice camera to take on your adventures.
Kev, so sorry you are still having hip troubles. Hopefully the added rest will help it.
Anita, I know how hard it is to have a failing pet.
Lyn, so sorry to hear of your new troubles. Thinking of you.
Caryl, what a lovely easel and at a good price
Uschi, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!
Sylvia, looking forward to seeing your orchid painting. My orchid has finally decided to send up a bloom stalk after a year of rest. I had replanted it and I think it needed time to recover.

Better get moving.

Shirley

JudyL
02-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Hi, :wave:
Off in a few minutes, kids come and gone. There is something missing from
13 year old boys I think and his Mum agrees. It was 32 degrees at their place and 39 at ours. He was in shirt sleeves, and came in needing a jacket, you know "Oh mom! I'm fine!" Happily I keep jackets and sweatshirts on hand, just in case :rolleyes: Boys!

Thanks for the good wishes, we don't know how long but we will really miss the staff when it's done. Such warm welcoming people. I told Jack's doctor (they are surprised at how well he is doing) that Jack "does not do sick" and he laughed, hope he is still laughing this time next year!

:grouphug: to all, got to get dressed :wave:

Keep some sunshine in your soul today :grouphug:

artist144
02-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Good morning everyone. I have been reading all the washes, but not saying anything. So many have such big problems and I do want you to know that all my best wishes and hugs go out to you.

Gail I hope you feel stronger. Rest and get better. ((((()))))

Kev I hope using the crutches longer works. ((((())))

Lyn I hope they can solve your atrial fibrillation problems soon. I know tired it can make you feel. I just went through an ablation for it. I have had a fib for a few years and went through cardio version and then meds for a while. Then nothing worked. I hope this ablation does the job. After testing, they operate on your heart by going through veins in your groin. Scar tissue is created to stop the electrical impulses of a fib from getting through. It doesn't work for everyone. I hope it will work for me and I hope they can find a solution for you. I also hope they do well for your other problems. ((((()))))Good luck, I am thinking of you.

Lulu, happy belated birthday to your husband. I am sure the party went well.

Henry, hope you feel better soon.

JJ, good luck with your new camera, and the insurance for your damage.

Annie let's see your new outfit.

Yorkie, enjoy your time with Peter.

I know there is more to say to others, but I am just going to go now with best to all I missed.

Happy birthday, Uschi:music::music:

Wind Song
02-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi Everyone:wave:

Happy Birthday Uschi!!!

Happy Birthday Ruth!!!

Have a great one!

ona
02-22-2013, 11:34 AM
just had to pop in to wish Uschi a happy birthday. Hope you have a great day :)

waving to everyone and (((hugs to Lyn)))

Ona

CharM
02-22-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm working on my Service Club Newsletter, so I seem to be tied to the computer for now... It has stopped snowing. But it sure is chilly out there! The birds are ravenously devouring their seed at the feeder station.

Bill and Sylvia, I've been growing celery for awhile now... once the cutting has begun to root and put up stalks, I plant it! We don't get nice big celery stalks, but the tender shoots are tasty toppers on salads.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/20514-CeleryStarts.jpg

Henry, that photo wasn't taken in your Studio by any chance, was it? :)

kaypainter
02-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Must pop in to say:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/130068-graphics-happy-birthday-168951.gif

To Uschi and Ruth!!!!!

((((((Anita))))))) What a difficult Tuesday you had. I know how upsetting it can be to have an ill furkid. I hope life smooths out for you soon.

(((((Lyn)))))) Lots of white light blasting your way.

Hope the party was lovely Lulu. I'm sure it was.

Darla I'd go to the workshop with your aunt. I agree with Uschi about his style, but more than that, I think you need the time away with your aunt. And for less money! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry all -- that snow storm seems to have been sent from SoCal. That's what the weatherman said. Just know it's nothing personal. :lol:

Doug enjoy your visit with Peter.

Judy glad the chemo treatments are so low key and relaxing.

Geoff enjoy London for me. I miss it so.

(((Kev)))) I'm with Gail -- have they nothing else to offer? No muscle strengthening or something?

Well I need to get it together here. Jewelry class today. Must get organized.

Oh -- read a good thriller by Ridley Pearson called The Risk Agent. Very good.

Char that's my favorite part of the celery.

:wave: :wave: and HAWLTAIN

Kay

WthrLady
02-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Morning all. Was up at 3 and went back to bed at 730, then up again at 930.

Stormy and wet and warm.

Shoe Minimalist here too. I'm a woman that owns exactly ONE pair of shoes. Asics running shoes, that's it.

((Anita))

Sylvia - of all the weather in the world, ICE is the one I cannot stand. OC growing up in Ohio valley, we've seen some doozies, haven't we?!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USCHI!

have a good day everyone...

shipbroker
02-22-2013, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE][Geoff enjoy London for me. I miss it so.

/QUOTE]

I don't Kay and I lived and or worked there for 16 years.....it has changed a lot...it doesnt have Londoners anymore..........

geoff

cloudchaser
02-22-2013, 12:40 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY USCHI, from across the pond, may you have many more.

Tony

Ellen in Ont
02-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Just popping in to see what's going on while having my lunch at work.

Char - lemon water does nothing to balance your pH. It is done by the kidneys and to a lesser degree the lungs. Stomach acid is more acidic than even undisputed lemon juice so unless you really like it, you can skip the early morning lemonade. :D

Happy birthday to Ruth as well.

Going back to work. Enjoy your day.

Flattwo
02-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi

Geoff, I don't miss London either, I too worked and lived there....for about 18 years.

I know its a matter of taste, but I don't know how anyone can eat Celery, it has a very odd flavour!

They now say that beef stock cubes have been contaminated by horse meat, they are now off the menu. I'm thinking about becoming a vegetarian, but cannot resist a juicy steak :evil: I will probably stay clear of supermarket processed food and buy meat from a local butcher

Henry

FLNH
02-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Warm and sunny in Coral Gables. I periodically need to have a pint of blood removed and have for many years. Doesn't usually bother me but a little zonked today. Guess I can't do taxes.:)

Happy birthday, Uschi.

:grouphug: Anita,Kevin,Lyn:grouphug:

shipbroker
02-22-2013, 02:05 PM
I know its a matter of taste, but I don't know how anyone can eat Celery, it has a very odd flavour!

Henry I love it..........great for diabetics too!

geoff

Scene Chaser
02-22-2013, 02:17 PM
I use celery in all my stir-fries. We, also, like to eat it filled with egg salad. And, I do love a little scotch with a splash of water once in a while. That was a good buy, Henry.
Bill

painterbear
02-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Henry,

Try a piece of celery stalk filled with peanut butter, chunky preferably, topped with raisins for a taste treat. Crunchy and tasty, for sure.

Char and Bill,
Love your celery stalks and Romaine lettuce leaves. What fun recycling bits we normally toss out. :D

Re the horse meat scandal: when I was a teenager, one of our favorite treats was steak sandwiches on long bread rolls, i.e. "Philly Steaks". Naturally, we all had our favorite places that made them. One day we were all shocked to discover one of our favorites was shut down because it was discovered that they were using horse meat in their sandwiches. Of course we were shocked, but we were also surprised because we said, "But their steak sandwiches were some of the best tasting ones around!" I imagine some of the people who were eating the horse meat unknowingly may have enjoyed it before they knew what it was. :angel:

:wave: to all before me again.

SYL,

Sylvia

Flattwo
02-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Char, yes it was, here a couple of photos of my studio

Painting area, with one on my board ready to go
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/3457-DSCN4647.JPG

The other side of the Studio, that photo on the wall is me aged 5
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2013/3457-DSCN4649.JPG

Sylvia, its just the thought of eating horse that puts me off, cattle are bred for beef, horses are or were bred as beasts of burden and therefore the meat must be tough a old leather

Hard luck about your Philly Steaks :crying:

I have tried Celery with everything, still cannot take to it!

Henry

Uschi
02-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Buffet at Indian restaurant was excellent as usual!! I could eat there every single day:heart: Ten minutes after they opened the place was packed, we were there a few inutes before the door opened:thumbsup: Table tennis was great too and now I am tired and having a nice coffee to relax here with you.

Lots of goings-on in the wash today. Love the idea about regrowing lettuce and celery:thumbsup:

Thank you all so much for your lovely birthday greetings:heart: Am requesting that we ALL celebrate together again next year:crossfingers: :thumbsup:

Very gray and damp cold including wind.

:wave: Uschi

shipbroker
02-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Sylvia..
Peanut Butter thats something from the past, I don't think I have seen a jar of that since I was 12 and used to take it fishing. It isnt something that features highly around here.

regds

geoff

paintcrazy022
02-22-2013, 06:18 PM
[quote][Geoff enjoy London for me. I miss it so.

/QUOTE]

I don't Kay and I lived and or worked there for 16 years.....it has changed a lot...it doesnt have Londoners anymore..........

geoff

Hi all,...A major lurker stepping in for a bit.
Geoff, our daughter is over in London working for a year at a hotel. She says the same thing as you...it doesn't have Londoners..... It is now such an international city. Where she works there are employees there from Poland, Slovakia, Spain, India..... and many people ask her WHY would you want to come from Canada to work here?...they all want to come to Canada to work.
She dislikes the food that's offered there...mostly Asian...she gets sick of curry & rice all the time.
She had opportunity to holiday in Scotland for a little over a week & LOVED it. She went to Inverness. My dh is of Scottish descent, and she absolutely gushed that we must go & visit the area there. She loved the friendliness of the people.

Europa
02-22-2013, 07:38 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USCHI AND RUTH AND BELATED ON FOR JOHN!!! :clap: :clap:

Been off line since yesterday - finally got back this morning - and the tv was off as well - had an interesting evening trying to explain to Mum the difference between Virgin Media cable tv and freeview tv........aaaaaaargh!!! In the end I just told her to shout me when she wanted the channels changing.....lol.

Had my yearly check up at the doctors this afternoon - liver ok - kidneys ok - blood pressure ok - bloods ok - cholesterol slightly raised but nothing major and I have lost a few pounds in weight.....yeahhhhhhhhhhh.

Jamie rang whilst I was in the nurses office and she caught sight of his photo on my phone -she thought he was my toyboy......lol.....Jamie was not impressed....lol.

Major prayers and white light needed for my friend Shelia's son in law - unfortunately he is deteriorating - they are talking a few weeks - Sheila has gone to be with her daughter Katherine to support her - so so sad - Richie is only in his early 40s - it's at time like this one feels so helpless to be so far away.

Kev - sorry to hear you are back on crutches lad but better to be safe than sorry - hope things improve.

Mum has her pre op assessment for her shoulder op in a couple of weeks so am thinking that the op maybe the week after.

Lots of varied photos to admire in the Wash today.

(((((Lyn))))) ((((Jack)))) (((( Anita )))) and all others in need - sending lots of white light.

Well better make a move and see if SWMBO wants a cuppa before she goes to bed.

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx