PDA

View Full Version : Mission Santa Barbara

D.W. Flint
02-21-2013, 11:54 PM
It's been a while since I've done any painting and I found out that you can sure get rusty if you don't keep at it.
This is from a picture I took several years ago.
Any comment always welcome. Thanks...http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Feb-2013/108422-Santa_Barbara_Mission_002.jpg

rossmarie
02-22-2013, 05:14 AM
I like this very much Darrell. The contrast between the white of the Mission building and the very dark shadow under the tree on the right is very effective and the warmth & colour tones of the brick wall are lovely.

Mike :clap: :wave:

D.W. Flint
02-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Thank you Mike, much appreciated...

crafor
02-22-2013, 05:26 PM
It is vey nice.
I'm caught at the block wall. I'm putting one in a piece now and I want to learn perspective. Seems to me the top lines of the wall would be level horizontally, not on a slope. When they reach a point, don't they "step" down? I like your coloring, so I think I'll use something similar instead of gray.
Check the perspective of the lines of the building, too.

I think the color on the hillside behind the trees needs adjusted, I think it's too gray. Why is it not similar to the hill to the left of the building?
Ella

D.W. Flint
02-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Ella, You noticed what concerned me too. The "hill" on the left side of the building is actually a tile roof. I'm not sure what to say about the block wall. You might be right. Thanks for insight....It is vey nice.
I'm caught at the block wall. I'm putting one in a piece now and I want to learn perspective. Seems to me the top lines of the wall would be level horizontally, not on a slope. When they reach a point, don't they "step" down? I like your coloring, so I think I'll use something similar instead of gray.
Check the perspective of the lines of the building, too.

I think the color on the hillside behind the trees needs adjusted, I think it's too gray. Why is it not similar to the hill to the left of the building?
Ella