PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Thursday 21st February 2013**

shipbroker
02-20-2013, 09:45 PM
Good Morning World,

Little chance of blue ears at this time??

Today was supposed to be a golf day but have had a recall from Hospital Retinal Screening so going there on village bus as not allowed to drive thereafter.
thereafter start looking for builders for studio roof etc. now weather improving......might get some painting done then.

Back later.

(((((((((((lyn)))))))))))

geoff

CharM
02-20-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm just off to bed as you're rising... I hope you slept well, Geoff... Good luck with your eye appointment.

And ((Lyn))... check in a little more often... we worry. Just sayin'...

G'nite to all... sweet dreams.

Lulu
02-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Hi everyone, Fabulous day here, took a picnic and wandered.....

And a very happy 70th birthday to my bestest buddy in the whole world :heart:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Feb-2013/1118-IMG_1612aa.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Feb-2013/1118-IMG_1615aa.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Feb-2013/1118-IMG_1614aa.jpg

New Gamboge
02-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Hi all - I thought I'd only missed a day, but found I had to catch up on days.

Nipper - so nice to see your painting, and good luck on finding your vehicle.

Char - lovely cherries.

We had a clear, windy day the other day, and I thought I'd hang the laundry out - hanging the second load and thinking I hope I don't drop anything as the ducks live below my clothes line, when the line pulled out of the house and I had to retrieve and rewash everything - the air was a little blue.

SIL found a salamander yesterday while cleaning up the yard - knew we had rough skinned newts and alligator lizards, but hadn't seen any salamanders before.

Bill - glad to hear you have very sensible game wardens - who wants someone else's problem animals dumpted in their area.

Well, off to bed now, curling tomorrow morning. Betty :cat:

doppler
02-21-2013, 02:34 AM
Good day to all.

Geoff of the dilated pupils :wave:

(((Lyn)))

Char sleeping thinking of magnificent cherries!!

Lulu, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOHN. Enjoy your planned feasting this weekend.

Betty, now that is something to grumble about.:eek: Our line as such is an old fashioned Hills Hoist. We had one at Wynnum that we called Jodrell Bank. This one is slightly smaller.

A few scudding showers and cloud cover today. A meeting at work that went on and on. I woke up before the end.:rolleyes:

Clothes shopping tomorrow as well as the general shopping. Have to buy something presentable for a nieces wedding I am going to in March. The whole family will be there. I've got more than enough shoes, after getting over that fetish.:rolleyes: Just have to find something fluid and feminine, that I like. Therein lies the problem. I do have a fall back plan and it isn't jeans and a shirt. Its marginally more upmarket than that, I think.

Oh well, Roger is home, cats are in and everyone is looking at me. :wave: I can take a hint.

Yorky
02-21-2013, 03:14 AM
Good morning all. A bit early to get up for your appointment Geoff :evil: ;)

Hope the examination goes well.

Well, it's a dry, cold morning here with soft clouds and patches of blue. Still 0C, so I have the car to scrape.

Happy Birthday to John Lulu, he's in great shape.

Pity about the laundry Betty. We dry all ours in the house.

Hi Annie :wave:

Art class this morning the Ruth's physio this afternoon.

Doug

shipbroker
02-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Yes Doug 0245 was a little early!! Did manage another two hours between 0400-0600 though.....

Very grey and November like today so will be wrapping up well for my journey

Happy 70th John, have a good one.

geoff

Scene Chaser
02-21-2013, 05:34 AM
Good Day All,
I'm in-between sleeps.

Happy Birthday to Lulu's John

Doris, I saw your nephew on BBC last night. He's going to the Academy Awards. They had a nice few minutes on him and his movie.

Geoff, hope the hospital recall goes well.

Betty, yes, our game wardens want coon destroyed rather than relocated. Such over population.
We dry our laundry outside on our deck when weather permits. Smells fresh and saves energy. We, too, have had our mishaps, but not with ducks.:)

Very cold here at 15 F.

:wave: Annie, Doug

Bill

Roun2it
02-21-2013, 05:54 AM
Mornin' each ......... :wave:

Happy Birthday John, 70 years of supporting the All Blacks and the Kiwis at cricket hasn't taken much of a toll on you ............ :p One each in this series where is this one going to go?

Just to let you know I'm back on crutches for another 6 weeks ,,,,,,,, :eek: After ditching the crutches on Christmas Eve I thought all would be well, but the pain came back when I started weight bearing exercises, I've had all the tests to see what is happening and the surgeon has consulted with 2 Professors and they have come up with ...... Put him back on crutches for 6 weeks great eh!

It is very difficult trying to remember to pick up the crutches when you don't feel that you really need them and when you have been without them for about 7 weeks. So no dog walking again. Toby keeps looking at me wondering when it's time to get his lead on.

Anyway I have just finished a commission piece took me longer than I had first thought and the good thing is the recipient has been very pleased with the result. I will put it in the gallery later.

Ok hope everyone is in good health and if not a speedy recovery is forthcoming.

laudesan
02-21-2013, 06:19 AM
:wave:

Went out to dinner, and found it less than satisfactory, and expensive.. A hotel dining room too. :(

On the brighter side my GoPro 3HD arrived today. To say I am excited is an understatement.. Took forever to get the update installed on my ancient Toshiba Laptop, but all is done now. Look out tomorrow, I am going to have fun!!!

BIG happy birthday to Lulu's John..

SIL found a salamander yesterday while cleaning up the yard - knew we had rough skinned newts and alligator lizards, but hadn't seen any salamanders before.How cool is that..

:grouphug: :heart: Lyn :heart: :grouphug:

Geoff, how did the retina screening go??

Annie, I have no doubt, you will scrub up beautifully!!!!!

:wave: Bill, Doug, and Kev.. :heart:

Flattwo
02-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Hi to All

Nice day here

Geoff, good luck with the eye test

Lulu, happy 70th to cousin John :lol: he is looking lean and mean!

One for the UK folk......

The Tesco horse meat scandal has now moved onto B&Q. Their wooden flooring has laminit.

Snow in Arizona :confused:

Speak Later

Henry

WthrLady
02-21-2013, 07:44 AM
JJ thats the one I use! With the backpack screen. You'll love it!
Kev no other words other than UGH!!
Pollen count is already off the charts here, so no outdoor laundry.:-(
Happy bday John!
Kuku I like the mailbox shot. Like little colourful beach cabanas.
Moring Bill Doug Geoff Annie and Char xposted w Henry, morning Henry.

LynnM
02-21-2013, 08:15 AM
:wave: Good day all! Pretty nippy out there, but bright....nice sunrise, my view from my bedroom today...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Feb-2013/97813-sunset.jpg

Sorry to hear your news, Kevin :crossfingers: that it fixes the problem.

Happy birthday to your John, Lulu, lovely view in that photo, young fellow's not too bad either :)

What a nuisance, Betty! Murphy's law in operation.....at least you have a line, I miss mine.

Hope the eye exam went well, Geoff.

Good luck with the dress search, Annie, wouldn't know where to look here, I'd have to go in costume!

Hi Bill, Caryl, Henry, JJ, Doug and all to come.........have a rewarding day all! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

shipbroker
02-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Nice view Lynn........we still have some snow in the hedgebacks and on the hills and wouldn't be at all surprised to see more this weekend.....2C at moment but cold wind chill...

Screening result won't be known to me for about 10 days but I know that right eye losing strength each visit......

Kev (((((((()))))))))

geoff

olliewood0702
02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
HAppy Thursday all,

It's COLD and grey out there this morning. A typical winter day and I think we are expecting a bit of snow tonight...and/or freezing drizzle.:confused:

Larry just found out he's got to work both Saturday and Sunday this weekend; and we are supposed to go to Detroit for a Redwings game and spend the night. Josh will be there. So I haven't heard from him about what he's planning to do. I guess we'll have to drive home after the game on Saturday night. But that means not much time to spend with Josh and Callum.

We had some errands to do last night, shopping so we ate out at one of our nice restaurants. Leftovers for our lunches today.:thumbsup: It was delicious. I had Bourbon glazed salmon!Larry isn't a big fish lover so he had Broccoli/Chicken Fettucinne Alfredo.

We will be ordering our airline tickets this weekend for our Europe trip at the end of May.:thumbsup:

(((KEV))) that is no good; you being back on crutches.:heart: I sure hope it gives your leg/hip the time it needs to completely heal. Your commission is FAB!

LuLU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOHN! Lovely photos; glad you enjoyed your day.

Lynn, that is the same scene I saw this morning! BRR..

(((GEOFF))) keeping my :crossfingers: crossed that your screening won't turn up anything major.

I hope you all have a most wonderful day and are able to wet your brushes at least a bit!:thumbsup:

G'Day:wave: :heart:

WthrLady
02-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Hubby just sent me this from work. Put the coffee down! You've been warned.

What if animal's bodies where big bouncey balls.......?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M27Rq_Q7nWA

CharM
02-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Good Morning! It's kind of dull and dreary here this morning and cool at -3C... there's just a hint of snow in the air.

I shall bake cookies today... and then I'll paint.

Happy Birthday to Lulu's John! Love the mailboxes.

Snow and possible tornadoes in Oklahoma, Henry! :eek:

That was a beautiful sunrise, Lynn...

((Darla)) The best laid plans, eh?

What a disappointing setback, ((Kev))... your commission is beautiful and I can see why your Client loved it.

JJ (and Caryl) I have no idea what you received and installed.

It'll make a good laundry day story, Betty... in a few years... :)

Annie, I feel your pain in buying fluid and flowing feminine outfits... :lol:

Hi to the three amigos, Bill, Geoff and Doug...

I hope yours is the best possible day!

Uschi
02-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

Bitter cold but gorgeous sun!! Bunny in my garden is enjoying it:rolleyes: :)

Going for lunch with my friend, we were supposed to go on Tuesday, as always, but because Monday was a holiday and I thought Tuesday was Monday I promptly forgot. I pick her up at home, so not the end of the world but still........:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Then I have to get the new sticker for the car and get my license renewed - another UGLY black and white photo:rolleyes:

Somewhere along the way I'll do my 1/2 hou walk on the treadmill.

((((((((((((Kev))))))))))))) Truly, I feel for you!! Your painting is lovely!!!

Darla, is there no way Larry could say NO????

Lulu, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOHN!!! Lovely photos!!!

Lynn, I think you better walk the stairs again:D

Geoff, I hope nothing more wrong with your eyes than needing stronger glasses.

Annie, if it is not jeans, sweat pants or peddle pushers buying clothing is a hardship, even worse if you weat it once and never again.

Betty :eek: :eek: but yes, Murphies Law:D

((((((((((Lyn))))))))))))

:wave: to JJ, Doug, Caryl, Henry, Bill, Char and all yet to come!! Sending best wishes to all of you who are not well!!

Uschi

Flattwo
02-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi

I meant to post this earlier

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Feb-2013/3457-562991_581714848523241_1602398342_n1.jpg

Henry

WthrLady
02-21-2013, 11:25 AM
it's a youtube video Char. and FUNNY

kaypainter
02-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Hello Washers,

Happy Birthday to Lulu's John. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Caryl I think Char meant the "GoPro 3HD." By the way congrats on your move! No more big stink.

The Tesco horse meat scandal has now moved onto B&Q. Their wooden flooring has laminit.

Snow in Arizona :confused:
Henry

Oh Henry! :lol:

There are mountains in Arizona and the Grand Canyon is there.
From Wikipedia: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona)
"Elevation
- Highest point
Humphreys Peak[5][6][7] 12,637 ft (3852 m)
- Mean 4,100 ft (1250 m)
- Lowest point
Colorado River at the Sonora border[6][7] 72 ft (22 m)"

That said, we had snow down to 1500 ft here in Southern California over the last couple of days. They closed the grapevine. It was cold. We went from 80F on Saturday to 59F on Tuesday. It rained cats and dogs. Then with the wind on Wednesday it was probably colder but clear. There were lethal palm fronds flying everywhere like unmanned witches broomsticks.

(((((Lyn))))))) Hope they get to the bottom of all this.

:( Darla.

Hope your eye test went well Geoff.

Oh Betty. I'm sorry but the vision is worthy of Lulu's pencils.

Great photos Lulu. I like the mailboxes too. And the fuchsias. Love Fuchsias. That young man isn't bad either. :D

Uschi I thought Tuesday was Wednesday this week. Then realized I had a whole extra day. :lol:

Lynn that would be a cool wedding, everyone dressed in period garb.

Annie I hope you find something suitable. I haven't bought a dress in . . . memory fails me.

Oh ((((Kev))))) I do hope they can get to the bottom of your hip pain.

:wave: :wave: to Bill, Sylvia, Doug, Char, and all on the way.

Kay

WthrLady
02-21-2013, 12:48 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Feb-2013/385681-20130221_112459.jpg The JackRicheson Lobo Lyptus easel is here and put together. I'm going to put a full instructional and review on my blog. give me a bit to type it all up!
Questions are welcome!

Wind Song
02-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:

Wow Caryl that is a great easel! Have fun!

Uschi you got me thinking and I had to look at my license because I thought it was in colour, but it is not! lol

Lulu Happy Birthday to your husband! Mine just turned 68, although he says that he feels like he is 25 most of the time.

Kev sorry to hear about being back on crutches! Hope you get it sorted out soon!

I have to go and take some photos of some paintings while the light is right, and then off to watch the end of House Hunters international in Turkey!

Have a great one!

olliewood0702
02-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Uschi, no the hours are mandatory. He could use a vacation day though. He makes time and a half working Saturdays and double time on Sundays...that is good money to pass up.;) He hasn't decided what he's doing yet, I'm leaving it up to him. G.M. must be gearing up for something because they were told they'd be working 19 days steady (10 hour days) and two off. So he'll be working two weekends then have one off.

I forgot to tell you that this year's workshop in the UP that I always attend with my aunt and stay at her place; is with this fellow;

http://www.ratindradas.net/

My aunt has taken from him before and said he's great. That very same weekend I could take a workshop in my hometown from this fellow;

http://www.jfettingis.com/color.html

I LOVE both of their work however the workshop with my Aunt is usually VERY cheap for me. The last one was $125.00(if I remember right-3 day) and that was with Mark Mehaffey. They get art grants that pay for a good share of the workshops. The Joe Fettingis one in my hometown is $325.00 for a 3 day. And being I'm saving my money for our trip I'll most likely go to the Ratindra Das one.

Nice easel Caryl, great pic of you! That is one HUGE easel; great for painting full sheets.

I did something to my hip; hurts like the dickens. It hurts when I stand and walk. Feels like muscle pain; but it also feels king of like the joint itself too:confused: ...and I went to my chiropractor last evening. It didn't hurt until had my adjustment. He is a great doctor though and I don't blame him. I haven't been able to walk the last two nights and perhaps it's the muscle freezing up on me. I do stretches before my walk. I'll get back at it tonight...just start out slow.:thumbsup: I'm hobbling around like an old lady today.:rolleyes:

I was bad.....I had chocolate after lunch.....I needed it....because my hip hurts.:evil: That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:thumbsup:

Ellen in Ont
02-21-2013, 02:14 PM
:wave: everyone,
Just popping in for a minute. Company for supper so I need to get working on that.

Here is a photo (if it uploads) of what I've been shovelling. It is of my deck out the patio door. Can you see the table and chairs just sticking out? It has stopped snowing at last and is supposed to warm up this weekend. That will just make everything wet and heavy.:rolleyes:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Feb-2013/46258-snow_1.jpg

Gotta run. Soup is ready but what else to feed them?

shipbroker
02-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Caryl........I don't use an easel myself...at all....but if I did I would want a giant like yours!

geoff

WthrLady
02-21-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm going to put a large board on it and use it like you would a large drafting table. :) Work high, work low, work on an angle. ANd get hid of the low table I have now that's giving me a seamstress' hump!

shipbroker
02-21-2013, 03:20 PM
......I use the top of a washing machine if I am in the studio...on the flat.....

The only time I have my paper at an angle is if I am sketching....

geoff

Scene Chaser
02-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Same here, Geoff. I use a homemade table easel on an old desk the school threw out. I do have a portable plein air easel, but I have yet to use it.

Ellen, why don't you just call in a backhoe? That's a killer of a snow job.

Darla, hope your hip pain leaves. I occasionally, every other day, get a stabbing pain deep in my hip. I have no other hip pains. I'll get it checked one of these days. Have lost a lot of faith in doctors and hospitals, though, lately.

Bill

Yorky
02-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Wow Caryl that's a monster easel. Nothing like being ambitious :lol:

I work on a drafting table or on my knee plein air.

Just back from a historical talk on the Lancastrian and Tudor kings.

Poor Kev, will it never end.

(((Darla))) may be bursitis?

You need a snow blower Ellen :eek:

Watching golf from Arizona - held up by snow.

Doug

Uschi
02-21-2013, 04:23 PM
It's -6C and still a bit of cold wind but ended up being a beautiful day, the sun is warming things up.

Caryl, OMG, that is one HUGE easel, you won't be taking that one for plein air painting:evil: :lol: Really nice to see a photo of you, looking great!!!!!

Once we can change our tiny head without problems I will go back to my old one where I have my hair long and pulled back, I'm growing it again. It's funny, because lots of people say I look younger with the short hair and yet I feel younger and soooo much more like my inner self with a bun in the back (not in the oven:eek: :lol: )

Ellen, that is a LOT of snow, pretty though:) Glad you got your dress shopping over and done with - what colour???

Kay, my friend Jodi's husband is in LA visiting his son, he won't be too happy with that weather, still better than our cold:thumbsup:

Henry, now who on earth would want to look at that every day:lol:

Darla, I would pick the first one anyway because he paints sooo differently. Lots of colour balanced with lots of white. His workshop would be fun and I think it wouldn't matter that much if you make some mistakes. Poor Larry, he is going to be exhausted.

Sharon, yes, black and white - UGLY!!!

Lynn, I hope you waited for the afternoon for your walk.

My friend Lynn (the one I go to Tuesday's lunch with), and I went to Swiss Chalet for lunch. Wonderful meal for $ 10:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'll have one of those Avocado/mustard/turkey breast sandwiches and some fruit for supper - easy, peasy:lol:

:wave: Uschi

Flattwo
02-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Caryl, what a monster! I can safely assume that you won't be painting dainty watercolours on this!

I am envious though, I could have done with something like this when painting 40 x 30 inch acrylics a while back

Henry

artmom
02-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Blood work results - kidneys worsening rapidly.

Know I'm reading, even if not posting.

Thanks, friends.

Lyn

Yorky
02-21-2013, 04:46 PM
:grouphug: Lyn :grouphug: we are thinking of you always.

Doug

Uschi
02-21-2013, 05:00 PM
:grouphug: Lyn :grouphug: we are thinking of you always.

Doug

YUP!!!!!!! Plus yet another :grouphug:

Uschi

shipbroker
02-21-2013, 05:20 PM
(((((((((((((((((Lyn))))))))))))))))))

geoff

WthrLady
02-21-2013, 05:55 PM
((((LYN))))

Sure why not Dainty?!

Like I said, I'm going to make it into a drafting type table :) I'll attach my paper to the table surface and work from there. (like seen in the video that was posted the other day)

CharM
02-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Hiya... just waiting for my roast chicken to come up to temperature... it's nearly there... everything else is ready.

I made up some yummy coconut macaroons and a small batch of banana ice cream... it's so easy... just frozen bananas with a little milk pureed in my food processor.

(((Lyn))) You're sure in my thoughts...

That's one BIG easel, Caryl... I have a Best easel that's similar but much smaller.

Spring's on its way, Ellen... honest...

What a choice you have to make, Darla!

To all I've missed... I'll be back in a little while, hopefully... :wave:

Flattwo
02-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Caryl, that explains it :thumbsup:

Henry

CharM
02-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Dinner's been had and all cleaned up...

Uschi, I don't like living with short hair either... I felt much more comfortable with it long and totally *get* what you're saying.

It's always a bonus when you gain an extra day, Kay! Have you uploaded your avatar to Moon????

Sharon and Uschi... did they explain why the licence photos are black and white? I had mine done in August and it's colour. Awful, but colour.

I LOVE that period in history, Doug!

So... I'm not sure what's on tv tonight... I have no interest in Idol... but I do have a good book to read... Enjoy your evening/morning! :wave:

Lulu
02-21-2013, 10:19 PM
I feel younger and soooo much more like my inner self with a bun in the back (not in the oven:eek: :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: I totally 'get it' too Uschi, I love my hair! Have had it long now forever it seems, cut it to my shoulders, grow, cut, grow, lol but always where I can tie it back, braid, put up, top-knot, wear to the side, etc etc I do lots of different things with it, having the same hairstyle day after day would bore me to tears! Plus it's not much work.:thumbsup:
My friends would think I was sick if I did it the same way all the time, that goes for clothes too, they always expect me to wear something a bit 'different' lol John loves that too!

And he thanks you all for his birthday wishes - having a busy day today in preparation, just got portable gazebo, sun umbrellas in place etc to give us a bit more shade - it is still very warm, 28C today and the same expected tomorrow.

((((Lyn))) :heart: Me too!

Great easel Caryl! and lovely photo of you too!

Kev, (( )). you had better be rid of those crutches before you go on holiday, you can't do the hula with them very easily you know;) (and you're not getting out of it like you did with the haka either).:p

:wave: to everyone, will come back later for a longer read.:wave:

JudyL
02-22-2013, 02:10 AM
((((((((Lyn)))))))) so sorry to hear of that, hang in there!