PDA

View Full Version : Girl With Balloon

AllisonR
02-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Oil on canvas - small (maybe 12 x 16 inch)
WIP. Still can change a lot. Suggestions.
There is terrible glare from photographing it while still wet. Oh well.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Feb-2013/133314-DSC_0026_GirlWithBalloonWIP_750.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Feb-2013/133314-DSC_0026_GirlWithBalloonWIP_crop500.jpg

Andrewcody
02-20-2013, 05:01 PM
You have a challenge there with the unusual pose
Check the right foot and lower leg, the foot looks small and the leg thinner than left leg.
Regards
Andrew

AllisonR
02-21-2013, 12:00 PM
You have a challenge there with the unusual pose
Check the right foot and lower leg, the foot looks small and the leg thinner than left leg.
Regards
Andrew

Yes! Thank you, just the kind of info I needed. Fixed.

La_
02-21-2013, 01:46 PM
marvelously fun piece!
i'm highly distracted by how she could possibly be blowing up a balloon while holding the blowy uppy end in her fist - is there an add on tool i've not heard of?

la

crafor
02-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Some balloons have really long necks. Don't know if they are that long.
Cute pose. Both hands appear wel done. I think the nose may be a bit tiny.
Ella

she1122
02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Eyes are at the midpoint between the top of the head and the edge of the jaw. Allowing that her jaw is slightly open, that would change the proportion slightly. Looking closely at her forehead and eye placement, she would benefit from a bit more at the top of her head . Congratulations on drawing such an unusual pose !

AllisonR
02-22-2013, 09:52 AM
marvelously fun piece!
i'm highly distracted by how she could possibly be blowing up a balloon while holding the blowy uppy end in her fist - is there an add on tool i've not heard of?

la

Ah, so I guess my cheat didn't work. I think she actually had finished blowing it up and then held it back to her mouth as if she was still blowing it. And I totally cheated and made the balloon about twice as big as it really was - wanted to make it have more impact.
she112 - yes I see that she needs more hair up there - her hair is in highlight but it looks like her skull is clipped.