PDA

View Full Version : Lombok

Marty C
09-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Hi All,
A place called Desert Point on the island of Lombok with Bali and Nusa Lombogan in the background. This is an older one of mine, I went for an overcast look but the image has come up even darker. 90 by 60cm on board.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Sep-2003/16809-Desert_Point1.JPG

serge
09-08-2003, 05:49 AM
Hello Marty,

I like it. I have no comment... it's good like that.

Greetings

Serge

Linarty
09-08-2003, 08:05 AM
Am in USA, and got stunned at 'Bali in the background". Just the concept of that being a part of your life, while I sit here in the middle of the cornfields, is overwhelming. OMG.

Linda

paintergirl
09-08-2003, 10:10 AM
Same here Linarty....just prairies around me here!:D

I am captivated with the grasses in the forground...wonderful!

kunoichi
09-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Is this from an actual photograph that you took on location? Also, I am curious to know where Lombok is located.:cool:

Marty C
09-08-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi Kunoichi,
Yes, this is from a photo which a friend gave me. Lombok is the first big Island to the east of Bali, Nusa Lombogan is a smaller island between Bali and Lombok. Desert Point is usually reached by a boat trip either from Bali or from Lombok itself. It can be reached overland, but it is a rough 5 hour trip by 4WD. The wave itself is rated as one of the best left handers in the world but it only breaks infrequently. A friend of mine has just returned from a trip there and got one of the best waves of his life!
Hi Serge, Paintergirl, Linarty - thanks for looking and the comments. Here in Western Oz we live in one of the most isolated cities in the world. One consolation is that Indonesia and Bali is closer than many parts of the rest of Australia and as a consequence many WA residents holiday in Bali as it is cheaper and easier to get to than the rest of OZ! I have been there four times myself but I know people who go every year, sometimes twice a year.