PDA

View Full Version : 3rd oil pastel near completion- of Tad Robinson

Adam Huffer
02-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Had to show some love for Tad Robinson, a true living legend and one of the greatest blues/soul singers of all time. I have had the pleasure of seeing him perform twice and get vocal/musician advice from him every now and then. ALRIGHTT so enough of my ranting I did this on a 20X16 blackboard with cray pas it is pretty much finished I just have a little more tweaking to do.

Yannse
02-20-2013, 12:42 AM
My teacher sometime said,great thing is make things simple,and you did it! The singer is outstanding , full of life, and color just simple , warm and cold. You handle it very well, I really feel the emotion on his face, and the air , is his singing. Great job! Thanks for your share! I am looking foreword more of your arts.

Pat Isaac
02-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Good job...I can feel the emotion of his singing...

Pat

RainySea
02-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Wonderful expression on his face as he sings, you have captured that perfectly. . . how very into the performance he is. I admire the material of his jacket, how it shines as if its silk or leather. Very nicely done.

BTW, what is blackboard?

Flycatcher10
02-22-2013, 12:17 AM
This is a fantastic painting. As already noted, the painting is filled with emotion - great job on his body form, facial features and extra note - you nailed his coat fabric!

Adam Huffer
02-22-2013, 02:11 AM
thank yall! i greatly appreciate the motivating words!! i should have stated exactly what the blackboard is i just called it that off the top of my head...it says: Canson Black Drawing Artboard. loved working on this definitely going to do many more larger works on this type of support. glad I could pull it off i will admit it was very difficult working from another black and white picture i couldn't get the photographer to send me a color version :/

SammyH
02-22-2013, 03:29 PM
I like this very much.

mirizar
02-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Very nice!