PDA

View Full Version : This is so cool. Ever wanted to know about the planes flying overhead?

laudesan
02-19-2013, 08:20 AM
You can. With a Flight Tracker. Click here (http://www.flightradar24.com/#!/)

Have you ever wondered where that plane flying over head is going and what type of aircraft?

You will be amazed at how many aircraft are flying in your area... Especially if you live in a major city. Hover your mouse over the plane and it's number comes up. Click on the plane and you can see where it has come from, and where it is going.

Planes in Flight...
If you can get this working for you it will tell you who is flying and where they are going.

These are all the aircraft in the air right now.
In the left hand column, there is a box called "planes."
The number in the box is the number of aircraft airborne.
This view is what the traffic management people see for planning purposes at the various airports.
Every day you see planes in the sky, sometimes very high..with or without con-trails.

We ask ourselves questions :
What type of plane, airbus A320,330,350? boeing.....or other.
Where does it come from, where is it going, what altitude, what speed, what company etc.
You can see all the information instantly on your screen.
Some tricks;
Drag the map to take you to the area you want to view

To view your region or town, you can zoom in by tapping with your mouse.
On the map you will see all the planes in the air.
Click on a airplane, and on the left screen you will get all the info.
airline, type, speed, altitude in real time, re calculated every 10 seconds.

‘view from the cockpit. needs Google Earch installed..

Have fun

olliewood0702
02-19-2013, 09:17 AM
How cool is that? It's interesting to see where they all are going. It's un-believeable how many people are in the skies at any one time. Thanks for sharing JJ.:thumbsup:

noge
02-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Thanx :thumbsup:

DebraB
02-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Wow! I live about 200 miles east of Denver Colorado...what fun is this! I knew Denver was a busy hub but this is an eye opener!

Yorky
02-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks JJ, that will be useful.

Doug

WthrLady
02-19-2013, 12:18 PM
I love flight tracker. It's been around since 1998. I used it to follow DHs plane around when he traveled, then later let the Boy watch daddy fly and land. :) It sure comes in handy.

LynnM
02-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks, JJ, fascinating!

tommyjav
02-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Nice and entertaining!
Tommy

FoxEnova
02-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Too Cool. thanks

tamy
02-19-2013, 02:08 PM
waow - thaks JJ
Tamy

mozapony
02-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Wooheee, funfun,
I live near 2 gov't air force bases . . . hmmm, wonder if it will let me spy on what planes are lifting off on gov't business from the base and which ones are on training. I doubt it, but I'll see. I'll be looking now. lol My son works with Air Canada, he'll love this gizmo.

thanks, JJ. My goodness how did you ever find this little tool?
rgds
me

CharM
02-19-2013, 06:59 PM
That's a lot of air pollution! :) My BIL is going to love this!

laudesan
02-19-2013, 08:03 PM
My goodness how did you ever find this little tool? Arnold Lowry sent it to me. :)

btate
02-19-2013, 08:28 PM
A little fact about the number of aircraft in the air.

Did you know that there are not enough spaces on the ground to land every plane that is currently flying?

You may recall that immediately after 911 one of the largest problems was where to park all these aircraft. Ended up packing them on aprons, second runways etc. etc. any space that could accommodate the wingspans interleaved, was used.

Used to know but have forgotten the percentage of the world's commercial aircraft that are in the air every minute of the day. The number was astounding though.

Brian Barnes
02-20-2013, 02:34 AM
This has really improved over when I first started using flight tracker to time my trips to the airport to pick up visitors etc. So much more user friendly and with more info. :thumbsup:

I don't see TP's plane on there yet though.:( :lol:

BrianB

shipbroker
02-20-2013, 06:09 AM
I had this last year and it jammed everything up...reason unknown so abandoned it...as I did with my mobile 'where the ships are'.......

geoff

M.L. Schaefer
02-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Hmmmm...I don't know if I really WANT to know this....I keep thinking of the pollution, too (we have a small airport within walking distance) so between the railroad tracks, the CARS (so many) and the planes...I'm thinking MORE house plants?

The Blue Angels (Armed Forces jets doing manouevers) during Sea Fair that flew over my Mom's house each year. I could actually SEE the pilots in the cockpits....which was way too much for me (and way to close for me!)

:heart: Margarete