PDA

View Full Version : *X* Daily Wash Monday 18th February 2013*X*

ollieowl
02-17-2013, 10:17 PM
morning all

Annie : did not get much Zzzzzzzz familly problem :( nothing mayor

JJ I can't make my mind up weather to come your pace for cup cake or go to Caryl for rice pudding And roast chicken :thumbsup:

Char : me tooooooooooooooooo

Hap : I check very Sunday morning And Wednesday morning for the same reason :D

WthrLady
02-17-2013, 10:46 PM
I made plenty,8 cups of rice pudding. Start Swimming ! LOL.
Tomorrow is homemade rolls, and pot roast.

ollieowl
02-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Oh this owl not on kean water:D

shipbroker
02-18-2013, 12:38 AM
Pot Roast sounds nice too. Followed by a nice cup cake!

Morning all, mot much sleep here either but that is now the norm.

Some early shopping needed otherwise 3 loads of washing to do,

geoff

doppler
02-18-2013, 02:25 AM
Good evening all.

Work went Ok.

Weather is back to pouring rain for next few days. Odd when the southern half of the country is still on fire :confused: Northern parts of Melbourne (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-18/emergency-warning-for-wollert/4525392) are under threat. Our friends in Balingup in Western Australia dodged the torch too.

We'll be having a chicken potato onion bake with cheese sauce. salad alongside.

Got to go, just found a leech on my leg :eek: I'm outside on the verandah BTW very shortly to go in.

Yorky
02-18-2013, 03:42 AM
Good morning all. Dull but dry so far abd 2C.

So today is X rated Peter, what are you up to? :D

Rain us better than fire Annie, but another leech? :eek:

Nothing planned.

Doug

Philippe56
02-18-2013, 03:44 AM
Hello all, nice warm sun ... and frosty ground.
good I don't have to drive today.
Hope you are well (_)D coffee for breakfast or tea whatever you like.

doppler
02-18-2013, 04:01 AM
Doug, it's wet. I saw it and remembered a cabinetmaker friends advice as it stuck from thumb to thumb as I tried to get rid of it. His advice was roll it like snot and throw it. It worked. Sorry for grossing everyone out :angel:

Ah the flies, the heat and the incessant beat of those native drums :lol:

Water is better than fire, especially if you live on a mountain. I hope JJs infrastructure remains intact. That's not the bicycle bits either. Just house.

Phillipe, caffeine in the early morning is the best :thumbsup:

Lulu
02-18-2013, 04:33 AM
Hi everyone:wave:
A warm day, and warmer yet to come according to the forecasters.
Must be because of all the candles the birthday boy is going to blow out on Thursday lol

We are getting the garden/house etc ready for a get-together (to celebrate the above). I think it's a good idea to have 'something' on, at least every six months, really motivates you to spruce everything up!

A leech? :eek: What a good remedy, but I'm thinking you wouldn't be able to marry into the family of Downton Abbey Annie :lol::lol:

With everything I do I am finding out more and more how much one uses one's thumbs for......lots!

We are looking after a dog for friends who have gone on holiday.......can you tell that Gazza doesn't like him?? lol Thankfully he eventually came down - after the dog had been put in his kennel for the night lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Feb-2013/1118-IMG_1579aa.jpg

Off to bed with sleepyhead :wave:

doppler
02-18-2013, 04:52 AM
[QUOTE

A leech? :eek: What a good remedy, but I'm thinking you wouldn't be able to marry into the family of Downton Abbey Annie :lol::lol:
[/QUOTE]

Why not??? :lol: Can you not see a gently garbed somewhat attractive brunette female plucking off a leech from her hugely expensive frock and going Yeohhhhh!!! As she spun and flung the nasty creature away without dirtying her gloves. Probably hit someone important in the face. :angel: All lies except for the fling. :lol: :lol:

OK I am married to the best man in the world.:heart: Who needs Downton?

Garry is not looking spectacularly happy with your new choice of housemate Lulu, but is still looking superior.

ZZZZZs calling :wave:

shipbroker
02-18-2013, 06:15 AM
BBC have just about finished filming War & Peace in 6 parts.......should please many.

geoff

Scene Chaser
02-18-2013, 07:09 AM
Good Day all,

Cold here and the temps will rise to 40 F with rain today. All the snow will melt and flooding will occur. :(

:thumbsup: for Lulu. I can only imagine the handicap of thumbless hand.
Gazza is a smart cat.

She just casually flicks off a leech and proceeds to sit down for dinner. What a gal!

Finances to work on today. Required for survival.
Bill

shipbroker
02-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Quiet around here today??

Bright and cold outside..

Enjoy this one......

So this is where you live??

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Feb-2013/84585-racoon.jpg

geoff

laudesan
02-18-2013, 08:32 AM
It is still raining......

JJ I can't make my mind up weather to come your pace for cup cake or go to Caryl for rice pudding And roast chicken :thumbsup: You are welcome anytime Peter!!!

Geoff, I didn't sleep well either. A ceiling fan in one of the other rooms was knocking all night. I was loath to get out of bed to turn it off.. My fault then eh..

Annie, you, I saw the shocking fires on the news too. It is a huge country, and fires one, floods the other are the norm; these days..

:wave: Philippe, Doug, Caryl.

Poor Gazza Lulu. I hope that thumb of your settles down soon.

Do you still have snow, Bill?

Cute photo Geoff. I do have a soft spot for raccoons, and squirrels, and moose, and deer, and, and, and, and...............

Uschi
02-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

-15C and sunny, temperature is supposed to go up to around 0 later on and then tomorrow snow forecast.

It is a holiday here - "Family Day". I might call my scrabble buddies and invite them over for a few games.

I haven't yet watched the last episode of Downton Abbey but did watch a half hour about the castle (Highclere) where it is being filmed. It seems it costs about a million dollars each year for upkeep. It was also mentioned that the writer of Downton Abbey, an aquaintance of the family, wrote it specifically with this castle in mind. I wonder how many rooms this place hase, will have to Google.

Lulu, that is NOT a happy kitty:eek: We probably use all the other fingers equally often and just don't don't realize it until it is no longer available.

Geoff, the racoons are pretty.

Breakfast is calling, :wave: to all of you!!!

Uschi

olliewood0702
02-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Hello all,

I'm at work and feeling somewhat better; no fever, headache gone but still stuffy and have that cough. Yesterday afternoon was the first time in 4 days that I felt like doing anything. SAturday I helped Larry clean house but sure didn't feel like it. He didn't want me to help but I did.:smug:

We had the girls for dinner last evening and they spent the night as they have school off today for Presidents Day. Many places are closed but not us.

IT's sunny today but cold. I think it's supposed to warm up and rain later tonight then turn to snow. It should be a fun drive into work tomorrow morning.

I got tickets (won them at work) for tomorrow night's Michigan State University and Indiana University's basketbal game. Larry and I are going. Then on Saturday we are heading to Detroit for a Detroit Redwings hockey game that Josh bought our tickets for. He'll be in Detroit doing a convention. We are meeting with Callum, his friend from Scotland, to plan out trip there in June. So needless to day I'm hoping that Larry doesn't get the crud.

The girls watched "THE WALKING DEAD" last night; so many people are so into this zombie thing. We just laughed...but I know this particular show has a cult following. It was just stupid to me.:rolleyes: THey said "Nana you will love it if you just watch it." NOT!:lol:

I hope you all have a simply marvelous day!

BBL:wave: :heart:

Scene Chaser
02-18-2013, 09:40 AM
racoons are pretty. Uschi

Uschi, looks can be deceiving. I know many here think these varmints are cute, but they are dirty, destructive, carry rabies and way too plentiful. Our game wardens want us to destroy them rather than relocate them for others to worry about.

Darla, glad you are feeling better. You are so active, I hope you are regaining your strength.

Bill

Yorky
02-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Darla there are lots of places to see, but I recommend Balmoral (http://www.balmoralcastle.com/) and Crathes Castle and Gardens. (http://www.nts.org.uk/property/crathes-castle-garden-estate/)

It's been a lovely day here and the temperature has soared to 14C.

Doug

olliewood0702
02-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks Doug, I'm thinking he'll probably take us to those two places. I'll ask him about them. I'm starting to get real excited!

NancyR
02-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Good morning everyone. Sun is shining and wind is blowing, but temps near 70 today.

I have my DHs HTC pad now to use at work. So, I can do all my personal stuff on it.

Darla, I work for a city government and we are open, too.

Bill, we even have coyotees and red foxes in our area because we have a wild live preserve close to our house. I used to have a fish pond, and an owl loved his quick dinners, and I lost all my fish.

Back to work! Hugs to all in need.

Flattwo
02-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi to All

A lovely day here today

Darla, I woke up feeling like the walking dead...head cold back again!

Here are 3 new shots from my brother in Thailand. The guy in the boat is heading for his favourite fishing spot.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Feb-2013/3457-861189_10151508399134853_293952468_o1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Feb-2013/3457-551269_10151508262764853_600144317_n1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Feb-2013/3457-859542_10151503619189853_972095143_o1.jpg

Henry

Yorky
02-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi Henry, sorry you are under the weather.

Your brother takes some wonderful photos.

Doug

Scene Chaser
02-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Nancy, I've chased a gray fox, nearly as big as a coyote, out of my garage that was following my cat. Coyote are so plentiful here that they hunt them regularly. Raccoon and possum are constantly trying to break into my house, and no offense, but I'm tired of people telling me they were here first.:) It's a matter of survival in this world.

Henry, I feel like that in the morning, too. If Darla's grandkids could see us in the morning, we would become their cult leaders.
Bill

happhoto
02-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Happy Monday Washeroonies!!

Had a fairly quiet day at home yesterday, Anne was not quite feeling up to much more than resting up. So we stayed in and did what we could. Today will be a different story; Anne has a morning dental appointment and then we need to get some errands and chores done, including going to my studio and then out to lunch. She’ll like that part as I’m taking her to one of her favorites for lunch right down on the waterfront so she can enjoy the water view and maybe a seal, or eagle will pass by as well. :crossfingers:

Peter, I only check my lotto ticket once a month…that way I get to fantasize longer for less money! If all I’m getting is fantasy value I want to get as much as I can!!

Caryl, we had pot roast this weekend…I think pork will be on the menu this week! With all the extra water about, you’ll be knee deep in skeeters before long!! :eek:

Geoff, I just finished several loads of laundry so I feel ahead of the game at this point….won’t last though!!:wink2:

Annie…work went “ok’?? Work never goes “ok” otherwise it would not be called work. I guess you could work at making it ok…but that would be a lot of work wouldn’t it??:angel: Have you tried sprinkling salt on the leech yet? Snot flicking leeches….good name for ‘em!!

Nothing planned Doug…sounds like a GOOD plan to me!!:thumbsup:

Philippe, coffee for me s’il vous plait!

LuLu! Gary certainly looks at you with wide eyed dismay! :cat: “Mum! You brought a DOG into our home????”:eek:

Bill, perhaps you should contact one of the baseball bat manufacturing companies! They might be interested in all that ash wood!! Did finances yesterday…today I mourn my fate of poverty.

Geoff, cute photo! I have no soft spot for raccoons or possums here, Off with their heads I say!:evil:

JJ I was not even sure it is a rude gesture in Oz.. Perhaps you can find someone who can paint your bike red for you!:D

Uschi…a nice quiet day at home? Scrabble sounds like fun! I should look for our game and Annie and I can enjoy a round!

Darla, glad you felt good enough to make it to work, and hope you continue to get better. Exciting week ahead for you! :clap: You will LOVE Scotland! I have a friend who’s kids are convinced that zombies are REAL…and want him to prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse! SHEESH!! :confused: :eek:

Bill, I’m right there with the Game Wardens, and I agree with you, they are destructive pests!

Nancy, that’s a great way to stay in touch!! I’ve been “hinting” that I might like an Ipad…so far no signs of comprehension from wifey yet…must be too subtle…so far!:wink2:

Henry your brother has a great eye…does he market his work? If not he should consider it.

Bill, when it comes down to me or them….it’s too bad for them!! :evil:

Have not seen Sylvia for a couple of days, hope she’s feeling alright!:crossfingers:

Chores and errands beckon! Hopefully I’ll manage to get back here later!
Make it a spiffy day ya’ll!
hap

LynnM
02-18-2013, 10:57 AM
:wave:

Flattwo
02-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks Doug, Bill and Hap

Hap, he is not professional, but a talented photographer, here are web pages showing his work, but beware, there are some nude shots in there, so please don't open if you are of a sensitive nature :thumbsup:

http://500px.com/krobert6

Henry

shipbroker
02-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Henry.....You Robertson boys are a talented lot........I can see why he is in Thailand and not Strathclyde though.......beautiful work certainly not offensive.......

geoff

WthrLady
02-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Hap, we've been hip high in them all winter! It never got cold enough to kill them off! Now that it warms up to 75' in the daytime and stays in the 50s at night......UGH about dusk it's miserable!

I went "down" to the river last night, which is starting to slowly crawl back into its banks. The problem is all the water that is trapped on this side of the flood control system. That will take a while to go down.

We used to have a critter feeding station at one of our houses several moves ago. It was about 50 yards from the house in the woods. We would put the compost out there. It was a large try, bolted to a tree that had been cut off about 4 feet off the ground. Putting stuff out there, kept the critters from breaking into the attic, the house, and the rubbish bins. That doesn't work here with gators and bears ! LOL!

Changing pot roast to homemade pizza for supper since scouts starts an hour early tonight.

Counting the days until the LOBO arrives........

ok laundry calls

happhoto
02-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Caryl...what's a LOBO??

WthrLady
02-18-2013, 11:33 AM
sorry... a Jack Richeson Lobo easel....

Europa
02-18-2013, 12:03 PM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Just popping in while I am waiting for the online banking people to answer the darn phone - the page is only showing transactions up to 11th Feb.....very annoying.

Should be fun tomorrow - we have to be up at 8am as Mum has an appt with the surgeon re her shoulder at 9.30am - did try to get a later time to no avail so no choice really as she is a lot of pain at the moment. Am hoping he may be able to give her a cortisone injection to see her through till the operation.

She also has a chiropodist coming tomorrow afternoon - when I spoke to the girl it seems she used to go to junior school with me....lol.....am sure I will remember her once I see her in the flesh......well I hope I do - if not will pretend ....lol

Had a lovely chat with Miss Emilie (yahooserious) over the weekend- once again the magic of Wet Canvas worked - you talk as if you have known each other for years even though you have never met.

Henry - sorry you are feeling a bit under the weather.

Darla - I love Walking Dead - it is a great series - must admit that zombies normally freak me out but am ok with these ones....lol.

I cannot believe they are cancelling the new series of Dallas - seems the viewing figures have dropped considerably - I for one am really enjoying it - pfffft....not fair.

Oh gotta go - someone answered at the bank....just time to say bye while he gets the screen up on his computer.

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

NancyR
02-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Pat, Dallas has not been cancelled yet. It is doing quite well in the ratings. The scenes are being shot all over town. In fact, one the parks with the lake in the background is less than one mile from my house here in Plano. Southfork is in the next town over in Parker. :rolleyes:

They have had to modify the scripts because JR died, but it is still going strong.

juneto
02-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Freezing here ,14 D last night . Louie said ,"Hear the wind"? I said wind doesn't blow continuously , went up to bed and heard it ,H e was right !!!! Kept hin awake the night before . Wonder if the grass is littered with branches again . Such a wierd winter
Haircuts today and Dr. visit on Friday , I hate the bother, but must do it .
I agree Bill , the Racoons marauded my feeder on the deck Nightly for years ,ate all the seed and brought their kids too ,so I had to quit feeding the birds :( :( :( . They still come at night to check, after 10 years, to see if I forgot to shut the box !!! Nothing stopped them , double weights on the feeder , chasing them , taking them away , Nothing. Squirrels , too , broke into the screens to eat my peaches and tomatoes at the window .
They are a relentless pain and not safe to have around .
Be good ,
June:) :wave:

Lulu
02-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Henry.....You Robertson boys are a talented lot

It's all because of the surname..........:thumbsup: (John's mum's maiden name):)

ScarletLake
02-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Darla

I'm with you on the Walking Dead show. I've watched it a few times and find it hysterical. I don't get this zombie craze either. It reminds me of the old shock theater but not as good.

I'd love to see some of those old movies that I used to watch on Sat afternoons after all my chores were done.

Henry - your brothers photography is AWESOME

Maybe Sylvia went to visit her grandsons ---today most schools are out for Presidents Day here in the USA

Anita

olliewood0702
02-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Almost time to go home; throat is a bit scratchy and I'm wheezing in my chest. I think I may need my inhaler (asthma). I'm tired and ready to go home.:rolleyes: I don't even know what I'm going to make for dinner yet.

HENRY...your brother is a FABULOUS photographer; he has a way of photographing women beautifully. :thumbsup:

Anita, I know right? I do have to admit that I enjoyed the Twilight movies though...I guess I like vampires better than zombies.:lol:

We have a winter weather advisory for early morning and all day tomorrow. Rain changing to snow...1-3 inches and winds will make the snow drift. Great.

Yesterday I put a background in my tulip painting; but I think I want it darker, so will go over it...wish me luck.:crossfingers: that I don't ruin it. I was also playing with my gouache yesterday.

I hope you all have a good night/morning.:wave: :heart:

Lulu
02-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Henry, have just looked at your brother's photography too, wow, he sure has talent!
The women are beautiful, and also so tiny, when we were in Bangkok I felt like a giant beside them!

Hope you feel better soon (((Darla))).

We are sweltering here, very warm and humid.

shipbroker
02-18-2013, 06:04 PM
It's all because of the surname..........:thumbsup: (John's mum's maiden name):)

Well Eileen's Mother was a Macbeth!

geoff

happhoto
02-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Henry, I just looked at your brother's portfolio as well..and he's certainly got the talent, and a bevy of gorgeous models as well! I will say he shoots better than some pro's I know (but will not name:angel: ).

Flattwo
02-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Thanks Hap, he will appreciate your comments

Cheers

Henry