PDA

View Full Version : Coming back from Timor Leste

Mostho
02-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Yes,
and now I came as a father.

So also this short but intense deployment was so hard, even more because I left my wife at home. And all the worst happened, but after 26 hours of flight I reached the hospital and always was done: now I have one wonderful baby.
After one month the baby is born I'm starting now to sketch again. I'm so happy because now I've another free model! And a new diary to make...
Okay, leaving my personal side back, Yes, I sketched some things.

This is my first sketching from Timor Leste. I remember that was so hot that I made most of this sketching from inside the car. BUt i gave up and I finished in my room, quietly. in the same evening. Full story on my blog.

http://www.broworkshop.com/sketching/wp-content/uploads/Sketching-in-Timor-Leste-01-600px.jpg

More pictures will come soon, even from my diary that I (obviously) made there!

Cheers!
Stefano

DrDebby
02-17-2013, 05:31 PM
Congrats on being a new father. Great sketch.

MartinaL
02-18-2013, 05:30 AM
Congratulations!
And your sketch is great!

Martina

Joan T
02-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Stefano - Congratulations on the birth of your son!!! I am so happy that everything went well with the birth. I am eager to see your sketches of him. That will be a wonderful subject for a sketchbook.

Pardon my ignorance but where is Timor Leste and what were you doing there? The church looks like it has its own style of air conditioning to let the cool air inside the raised church. Nicely done. I visited your blog to read a bit more about your adventure.

JTMB
02-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Nice job on the sketch - I really like the pen and wash style for journals.

RainySea
02-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Congrats and nice work on the sketch!

Mostho
03-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Thanks all for the kind words!

@Joan: Timor Leste is a small beautiful island between Australia and Indonesia. It's one of the poorest countries in the world, and the world youngest democracy. It's really beautiful but still holding some problems.
I went there for humanitarian work.

Cheers