PDA

View Full Version : Watching TV

tstellma
02-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Oil painting, 50x70 cm, ref own sketch.
Before I finish I would like to hear/read your opinion or critique about it.
Thanks!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Feb-2013/199900-DSCN1930.jpg

rossmarie
02-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Tstellma - I think their heads need to be turned more to the left if they are watching TV. They appear to be looking straight ahead to me.

Mike :wave:

crafor
02-16-2013, 02:22 PM
That's my thought, too.
Interesting subject, though, oddly, and the room is interesting. Pretty good perspective and coloring.
(Might be more interesting if he were holding her foot and looking at her instead of the talking head...:)
Ella

Revilo
02-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Love it! A museum piece for posterity. Don't wreck it.

reverseengineering
02-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Are they wearing 3D glasses? I agree that they should have their heads turned slightly. Great painting though! Oil is a tough medium.

Andrewcody
02-18-2013, 12:19 AM
Who is watching the watchers.
Interesting subject
My only crit would be that the far leg of the table would be visible
Regards
Andrew

Debzy
02-18-2013, 07:25 AM
This is an awesome painting! It has a very funny appeal! Do you know anything about "TheFar Side" cards and calendars that have been around for years? They always have comical pictures with funny captions. This could be one of them! Caption could be "Arthur and Enid put on their 3D glasses and wonder where the TV went?" I love this painting. No insult meant, no crits from me! It's great! =)) cheers from Debs.

tstellma
02-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks for your mostly positive replies.
Yes, I will check if I can do the glasses better. Also I should shift the heads to the TV (where they see my former chief).
The TV should be dominant in the living room and I wanted to avoid loving care between the two persons.
The painting for posteriority-really?
It is a table on two legs-and the distant one you canīt see (it is in the middle and not in the corner)
"Far Side" cards are unknown to me. Maybe my painting is like a funny comic. My painting allows several interpretations.