PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Saturday 16th February 2013***

doppler
02-16-2013, 02:04 AM
Strike two!!

Off to check now. All is well. blue ears are still northern.

That meteor explosion over Russia was really something. Nevet before seen on film... OK digital age. Natural disasters, or events, like the Tsunami in Japan and now the falling rocks from space. Shaking head icon.

A tiny niggle in my head was saying as I watched, isn't it good the cold war is over? Obviously the BIG 28000 km away beastie has passed our little orb closely by.

Bill, enchanting photos. :lol: Tossed off but cute looking raccoon in a cage, and beautiful cat saying " How come you took so long? Glad (merest hint of ... cats! ...admiration) that you did " I hope you keep her summer house and folly along with the main residence.

JudyL. (((())))) Survive the day. :heart:

Gail, you are doing so well!!!

Nipper, what's this I read in the gallery that you advised heading for Yarmouth post haste? Experience??? :thumbsup: How are things in your household after you and Beryl have decided to be human and inconvenient to the health authorities? :heart: :wave: Remember, rattle those doors !!

Got to go and cat herd and feed and then cook another stunning dinner. Last nights was quite delish. Cubed potatoes and onions, roasted, followed by lamb strips, roasted. Then finish with massaman curry paste, mushrooms and tomatoes, roasted. Serve on a bed of lettuce and fresh tomatoes and good quality mayo. Sprinkle with fried noodles.

BBL tonight will be less spectacular.

shipbroker
02-16-2013, 03:17 AM
Morning Annie abs following

Blue ears in River Humber long away....

Cool but dry and thats inside caravan!

geoff

Lulu
02-16-2013, 03:43 AM
Morning Annie abs following

really??? Pencils pencils, wherefore art thou..........:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I just read the end of yesterday's Wash and then came here, so naturally my eyes saw the abs...........and well, my mind did the rest!:D

Helloooo everyone:wave:
Yet another warm and dry day here, looking more and more drought-ish every day........

Will just check on the yoghurt I have made this afternoon and then head for an early night:wave:

Yorky
02-16-2013, 04:05 AM
Good morning all. Woke at 6 and promply went back to sleep until past 8 which is a good thing. Dreamt about being lost in a strange town again, which is bad. I reckon I must be anxious I don't get Alzheimers :rolleyes:

Move your finger one key to the right Geoff - abs becomes and. :) The joys of ipod typing!

Well, it's a dry calm morning and set fair for the day. I may just cement those couple of loose paving flags down on the front drive if I can muscle up the energy. I am getting so lazy these days :rolleyes:

I'm working on a powerpoint talk on "History through Maps" showing the development of the area over the centuries.

Doug

Doris345
02-16-2013, 04:14 AM
Good morning washers,

So much news, hard to respond to everyone.
Geoff, I'm glad the caravan is dry - sounds cozy.
Annie - "cat herding . . . then cook" ? :lol: :lol:
Hi Lulu and Doug (thanks for the translation of abs).
Pat - I'm impressed at any professional who makes house calls. Not here.
JJ - It's called "The 7-year Itch," funny movie.

Char - it was my fear of dentists for many years that put me in this situaiton. I had two teeth removed on Wed. in preparation for implants, and they turned seriously infected by late yesterday. Really gross. Feeling better now. My DSO calls my pain pills "better living through chemistry."

Waves and (( )) to all to come.

Doris

doppler
02-16-2013, 04:42 AM
I don't have abs Geoff. Truly. Ruly. :lol:

As Doug said, type better.Maybe. I might have an Ab left neglected and abandoned. I shall see to it tomorrow.

Doris, I did not cook the herdees.....they lie replete and satiated and entirely satisfied on our pillows as I speak.:rolleyes: I have such problems with grammar :lol: :lol:

Dentists are zombie awful apocalyptic sadists. But they do look after your teeth.

Now having serious problems with the upper eyelids which keep falling down ...:wave: Until tomorrow ....

ollieowl
02-16-2013, 05:08 AM
morning all

Now having serious problems with the upper eyelids which keep falling down ...:wave: Until tomorrow .... Annie :I sink I no what thee mean
my eyelids are doowing like dat now :D

not done a lot sines I got home bar trying to make a bumblebee box but knife slip cut finger yes same as before so cant feel it yet

hope all are well

HAWLTAIN :heart:2 all else

doppler
02-16-2013, 05:34 AM
Peter.....SLEEEEEEEPPPP.

painterbear
02-16-2013, 05:38 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 5:30 a.m. here in still very dark Oakwood. Had some snow showers yesterday, they left a dusting on the grassy areas. Chilly today, but no snow in forecast.

Will paint my color wheel today to show my Beginners Class. Maybe I'll finish my mushrooms painting too if I get my brushes wet. :D

Annie, You and I were on the same channel yesterday about what might have happened if that meteorite had come in during the Cold War era. :eek: Those pictures were really amazing to watch. Your dinner sounds like it was yummy.

Judy, Thinking of you today. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Bill, :thumbsup: on corralling the raccoon. Hope your friend takes him farrrrrr away from your home so he doesn't make his way back. Love the look on Ms Feral's face. :heart:

Doris, Ouch. Hope the infection heals up quickly so you can move on with the implants. I had one done a year ago and I am really happy with it. It takes a while, but is worth it in the end. :D

Gail, Glad you are feeling so much better. :thumbsup:

:wave: to Doug, Lulu, Peter, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

laudesan
02-16-2013, 05:49 AM
:wave:

Hosed down here for most of the day..

:grouphug: Judy :grouphug:

I have stomach weight. Unfortunately I have to wear it all the time :lol:Doug:lol: :lol:

Hya Annie..

:wave: To the Kewpie Doll collector. Geoff.

Lulu, do you make yoghurt cheese too? Sleep well.

Doris, I have seen that film, yes it is indeed very funny. :-D

:heart: Peter..

Later.......

Uschi
02-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Cold, -9C, dull but supposed to get some sun later on.

Same old, same old, with one exception, my son has skype now and my sister in Austria contacted him, they skyped last weekend and I am supposed to go to son's this afternoon to do it again. Last time I saw my sister was 12 years ago when I was over there for our mother's 90th birthday.

I don't know what I did but for some reason I can't see any of your posts but what I remember is

Annie :thumbsup: for a good dinner.

Talking about food, my newest lunch sandwiches - delicious, toasted 12 grain bread, spread on it half an avocado, spread on that some mustard, covered with ham or chicken/turkey breast cold cuts - YUMMMY and sooooo healthy.

Geoff, enjoy your caravaning.

Doug is feeling lazy - you are not the only one:lol:

Doris, hope your tooth (or nontooth) problem gets better quickly.

(((((((((((((((((((Judy))))))))))))))))))

Sylvia, I am actually toying with the idea to do a colourwheel painting.

Lulu, is threatening again:lol: :lol:

JJ is still staying OFF that seat:lol: :lol:

Peter, sleep well, actually it is afternoon over there so you are probably up - stay away from knifes:rolleyes:

:wave: to ALL and thinking of our friends who are not feeling well!!

Uschi

wcartistsr
02-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Good Morning,
Been absent in saying hello, but have read some of the wash. Nothing new to report. Had granddaughter yesterday. She brought rolls of colorful duct tape and made covers for her ipod. Hmm. The possibilities are endless I know.

Got my paintings about ready to enter in the Guild show on March 1. I sent for a frame only to learn it was on backorder, so just ordered another one from another company. Cost $15 more, but I have to have it.

Other than that just the normal day to day. Waiting for the chair pads to be made. I hope they will be done by next week. Finished my living room pillows. Am ready to start the two pillows and table runner for the breakfast room.

Have started painting a hibicus.

Shirley

CharM
02-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Good Morning... Brilliant sunshine here, warming and brightening our day.

Electronics Matt is off to work and Ted and I are leaving shortly to make a run to London (Ontario)... Curry's.

My heart is with you ((Judy))...

((Doris)) *shudder* I sure hope your poor mouth heals quickly...

I'd love to see a LuluToon of tummy weights and abs... :lol:

Damage from the meteor's shock wave was something of a surprise (to me) and, of course, it only makes sense... but we don't think about these things I guess...

How wonderful that you'll be chatting with your Sister, Uschi!

:wave: All I've missed... I need to get ready... Art supplies are beckoning.

FLNH
02-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Warm and cloudy in Coral Gables, but I'm in Boston where it is cold and snowing. This isn't so bad except tomorrow the snow continues and wind gusts are to be 40-50mph and windchill around 5F. Not so sure I will be flying home as planned.

My DD and GDs and SIL are here so this is nice. No exciting activities planned altho it is her birthday tomorrow.

The meteor videos were impressive.

Planning my next picture. Probably will do our house at the lake. I did this subject years ago, but my "style" has changed so will give it a go. I never thought I had a " style." :)

I hope all of you in pain will find relief.

shipbroker
02-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Afternoon all

OK I know I made another typo...difficult not to with a sticking plaster pn your finger end

just been to collect two unsold seascapes from an exhibition now closed, in old days I could bring 6 paintings a time to show but now only two for long term shows, not worth the fuel cost.

lovely Spring day here about 11/12C.

geoff

WthrLady
02-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Morning all.
Annie- I was thinking the exact same thing! If this was the 1960s ,the world would have been ablaze by now. Actually, bolides are caught on "film" several times a year, usually at night. The size of this one, and the fact that so many in Russia have video in their cars running at all times, gave us a pre-start to finish shot from many many many angles. Amazing.

Site is a great place that has all the videos being posted, or at least he's TRYING to keep up!
http://say26.com/meteorite-in-russia-all-videos-in-one-place (http://say26.com/meteorite-in-russia-all-videos-in-one-place)

There are groups over there saying it was a Chinese or American weapon instead of a meteorite.

Chilly down here today. Noisy migrating birds passing through dropping blue poo juice on my car. ICK.

Must cover the garlic tonight as it's going to be dripping near freezing.

Hoping to get outside and paint today or at least read in the sunshine.

Ellen in Ont
02-16-2013, 11:13 AM
:wave: everyone,
It is sunny and cold here (of course). :D I managed to get my Wii machine working. There was no power going to it but by googling the problem it is now up and running.:clap: I tried my first Zumba workout this morning (quite the workout).

I am nightshift tonight and tomorrow so I'll have to have a little nap later. That doesn't leave much time for other things. At least we can have leftovers of last nights roast for an easy supper.

I need to figure out lunch so I'll just say what Uschi said and get moving.

Sending lots of hugs and white light to everyone not well. Enjoy the weekend.

Scene Chaser
02-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Good Day All,

A cold weekend for us so will spend it inside.

Abs? Some guys go for the six-pack, but I went straight for the barrel. Now I'm trying to trim it.
To think this conversation arose from a typo.

Am working on a simple scene and a gluing project.
Bill

Yorky
02-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Abs? Some guys go for the six-pack, but I went straight for the barrel.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one Bill:)

Doug

Wind Song
02-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Hi Everyone:wave:

It is -14 here today but feels like -20!

I am still dragging myself around with this cold in it's 17th day.

If I can find any energy I will paint as I have Gold Hill drawn up for my next watercolour. I am thinking ink and wash!

I am drinking plenty of tropical juices, benedryl and taking steamy showers!

Have a great one!:grouphug:

Yorky
02-16-2013, 11:32 AM
(((Sharon))) I look forward to seeing your Gold Hill.

Doug

LynnM
02-16-2013, 11:52 AM
:wave: Good day all! cold but bright here.

Had a good talk with my DS last night, he is holding the fort at home while his DW deals with the aftermath of her father's death halfway across Canada.....never an easy time, especially since they had another unexpected death in the family only last year. My heart goes out to them all. DS is keeping up his resolve to get more fit, very aware of the dangers of a sedentary life and he'll be 49 this year. So we support each other in our efforts!

Housework day today, overdue :eek: but I have a drawing to transfer to the paper, just might get something done before I walk this afternoon.

(((Doris)))

(((Sharon)))

(((Judy)))

That's neat, Uschi, skype is an amazing thing!

I hope you all have a rewarding day :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

olliewood0702
02-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Hello all;

UGHHH...I feel like poo. I still have a headache, ran a fever in the night, cough, ear ache, stuffy....etc.:confused: I had another rough night.

We are cleaning the house; Larry doesn't want me to do anything but I want to help. I'm :crossfingers: that he doesn't get it.

Sharon, I sure hope this doesn't last as long as yours has. I've heard that it does though.

I wanted to paint yesterday but couldn't hold my head up for long so didn't. Maybe later today...if the ibuprofen kicks in. I really need to finish the tulip painting.

I hope you all have a great day, I've read everyone's post just dont' have the energy to post to all individuals.

G'DAY:wave: :heart:

djdedman
02-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Wishing All a great day, slept too late today, old age I guess. :D
Not much going on except they say it will get down to freezing tonight.
Happy Painting, until later......:wave:

Yorky
02-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Stay warm Jackie :heart:

Doug

kaypainter
02-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Hi gang,

Read but haven't posted for a few days. Some weeks seem to go like that. Was determined to do laundry this week. And I mean the loads I don't do very often. Had a bunch of throws that needed doing. Most were from my mother's house and were used to wrap things I was hauling down here. I'm thinking of donating them to the veterinary hospital. They have a sign up in the lobby that they need donations of towels and blankets. I look at them and see them spread over my mother's lap with her dog asleep on them. But you have to let go. I have the memories and pix as well. Now I need to do the clothes as well as I seem to have run out of clean ones. How does that happen? :rolleyes:

(((((((Judy)))))) (((((((Sharon)))))) ((((((Darla)))))) Like your tulips Darla. I tried to load that page for over an hour yesterday and gave up.

Bill :lol: Are you going to have a kegger party soon?

Doug I think I would like one of those bikes. :lol:

Uschi your sandwich sounds delicious. I would add a slice of tomato and a lettuce leaf as well. MMMMmmmmm You've given me an idea.

Annie so glad the cats were only herded and not roasted.

Nice to "meet" you Jackie.

Karl hope you make it back to Florida safely.

Doris -- :eek: Hope all is well soon.

Peter fingers are not for garnishes! Hope you are sleeping now.

:wave: :wave: :wave: to all I haven't mentioned and all on the way. I must away to the dishes and laundry. I want to do some jewelry as well. Yes I know I haven't photographed the new pieces yet. Another item on the to do list. "Sigh."

HAWLTAIN

Kay

LynnM
02-16-2013, 01:11 PM
(((Darla))) I hope you shake it off quickly, that's no fun.

Kay, that's a good idea about the donation. I have the granny square afghan I made for my mum that she took to hospital for warmth and comfort....still folded up in the cupboard, I can't get it out, and my daughter says she will take it, but not yet..... I hear you about the laundry, I'm in the same state.

Listening to Rigoletto from the Met....they say it's set in Las Vegas in the 60's....I'm glad I can't see it, it wouldn't be the same without the costumes I love!

WthrLady
02-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Turns out they had meteor sonic booms in San Franciso and Cuba yesterday and we just had one here too at 1:04! window rattling

Island Nipper
02-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone, sunny still day here today 9 degs.

Had a great day out on my scooter Thursday, down to the stink pot at Shanklin where the lads from the sailing club had fixed a weather station to the water board post 200m out to sea, very handy info on club site so I will be able to see the wind direction and strength from home.
Along then to the Pioneer Cafe est 1922 at lake revetments, an open air cafe open all winter so idiots like me can sit in scarfs and overcoats drinking coffee and yarning. It is right next to the sea under high cliffs, all there were friends so much leg pulling and laughter.
Off then to the pier at Sandown to meet nurse Beryl. Told off for being out so long and marched home
Went to bed at four in the afternoon and woke exhausted at ten the next day, sorry Geoff! Friday and today in bed again but it was worth it.

Annie, I once capsized eight times out there in a squall, run out of strength and still upended when theYarmouth sailing club tender appeared through the waves to rescue me, the sea gets wild very quickly there. Mikes painting brought all that back to me!

Char I will post it but it is really not good, thanks for your encouragement.

I must have yet another rest now but should be up tomorrow :crossfingers:

Love and light to everyone.

Flattwo
02-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi to All

Quiet day here, had a quick visit to my elderly Mother, she needs a new pacemaker, her heart is only opertating at 25% the one she has now is 10 years in situ

Nipper, capsizing is a scary rhought, have you ever sailed the west coast of Scotland?

henry

NancyR
02-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Good afternoon all! Slept in late today, have done my laundry, and will be having R&R up north to test the new hearing aid. It has passed the restaurant test. I can carry on a conversation with DH while all the other noises are totally in the background. :clap:

This week DH starts umpiring high school baseball games and tournaments, so I will be left to my own devices in the evenings. :clap: I will get a lot of cleaning done, if I have enough energy after work.

Co-worker will be having her baby on Friday by c-section because her daughter is breach. :eek: I have to finish a Zentangle marking the occasion for her nursery.

Nipper, so glad that you were able to spend a day with your friends--even though you are tired.

Caryl, Strange to have so many of those sonic booms in a 24-hour period. I saw the sonic boom's damage in Russia, lucky no one was killed from the flying glass.

Cannot read or post at work anymore. They are starting to crack down on how we use the Internet. We were scolded by e-mail. I also know that they have a program that tracks what sites you go to, and how long you are on them. At least we have a TV right across from my desk tuned to CNN all day with closed captioning on, so that I can see what is going on the world...over and over and over every 15 minutes.

Got to run and get ready to go on our adventure across the Red River. White light and hugs to all in need.

ScarletLake
02-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi Everyone:wave: :wave:

A very cold snow flurry Saturday here in OHIO.

Just got in from the nursing home with visiting with dad and stepmom. He's had lunch, been walked and pottied. Left him in bed watching the Tenn vs Kentucky basketball game.

Tonight a surprise 60th birthday party for my brother in law. FYI - I found out today that Hallmark makes birthday cards for every 5 years up to the age of 100 years old. A sign of the times for sure.:eek: :eek:

Wishing all those with health issues a speedy recovery.

Anita