PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Art Shows that YOU are in

cas888
09-07-2003, 06:41 PM
As I mentioned in an earlier thread I am involved in the creation/writing of a new arts web magazine called International Art Treasures.

We are always looking for information, in advance, of upcoming art exhibitions, shows, etc - for possible inclusion either as a full article or in "Worth a Look".

Reading through the posts - please when you are announcing you are in an art exhibition - Post the web link to the show if there is one. There are so many out there, so to be honest, if it's one step easier for us we need to take that step.

Please do not EMAIL me with your art shows announcements - I read them here given I am aware of 3 months lead time on the Web Magazine.

And one minor point - we are G-rated, erotic will never be covered by us.

Thanks!

International Art Treasures Web Magazine (http://www.internationalarttreasures.com)

timelady
09-08-2003, 05:34 AM
Thanks for letting us know about this! :) Great opportunity... you might also want to have an occassional browse through the Cafe too, some people talk about events over there because that's their regular 'hang out' forum.

Just so people know, are you just covering Canadian shows? Or US ones as well? (and international?) I see your magazine is called international, just wondering if your main readership is focused on certain areas though. So we know. :)

Tina.

cas888
09-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Our audience is international and our goal inclusion.

Art is not limited to paint and sculptures - but all mediums including cg.

Our first edition has articles discussing:

a juried art show in Toronto in Emerging Artists a regular column - we plan to always cover contemporary artists
the Milwaukee Art Gallery (O'Keeffee exhibition and the new addition by Santiago Calatrava)
Genoa : EU capital of culture - the Rubens exhibit is worth the trip a once in a life time opportunity to see privately held works.

future articles include upcoming contemporary/regional artshows in New Zealand, Germany etc.

Even if we can't provide a full article - we have a column "Worth a Look" to recommend exhibitions, art shows and so forth.

You're correct - this is a fantastic resource - I've been lurking for a long time.

We celebrate art and artists: past, present and emerging talent.