GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Untitled
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 10x8
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I just finished this one this morning. I have no idea what to title her.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What sort of overall impression do you get from this peice?
Does it need anything to give it more interest?

roberj
09-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Nice color, nice composition, would be better bigger.

Picasso meets pretty.

Bob

designditz
09-08-2003, 01:36 AM
I love this.. hard to tell it is so small, is it more difficult to work in such a small space? The whole piece works well together!

MeliaDawn
09-08-2003, 09:46 AM
Actually with a toddler around the house, it is easier to work in this size. I can work wherever she is and she doesn't pay as much attention to me.
I have a similar one that I started that is 36x24" that my daughter took a permamnant marker to when I was halfway done. So I am a little gun shy on starting soemthing so large right now. Although I have 3 more large canvases still to paint.

Gilberte
09-08-2003, 10:01 AM
I think, just think ........ it doesn't need more work.

To me it reads as the astrologic Virgin.

MeliaDawn
09-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Thank you.
I have been doing drawings like this for over a year now. But I didn't start painting them until earlier this summer. I have only completed 9 so far. Of course other than my mandalas, this is the largest number of works that are similar since I got my art degree long ago and far away.

I am hoping to get together a large enough body of work to consider art festivals next spring. Right now I am selling on ebay.

shirleyq
09-09-2003, 11:30 AM
Very interesting style and composition. I think this would do well at festivals.