PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Friday 15 th February 2013 ***

doppler
02-15-2013, 01:55 AM
GOOD that I remembered the date. Got to go and check out cross posts. I am sure Geoff is lurking somewhere. :lol:

You must be sleeping Geoff so all power to you.

Disrupted Friday here. Had to housework and wash before shopping. The alarm needed a technician to change batteries. Sheesh. :rolleyes: The installer could have showed me that. This bloke showed me how to do it so the interminable phone calls from the company will cease. Then dump before the road down and shopping and now I am exhausted. Not really. Just lazy. It rained a bit and is misty moisty so the stuff STILL on line is now on rinse cycle.

Accountant is probably calling the Lifeline helpline after my digital, done by real fingers/digits and biro, depositions of yesterday.:rolleyes: it's all salient points and it does not matter how you make the marks. It's just more readable with printout.

Anyways, I bought lots of ingredients that I am going to do something really interesting with tonight.:crossfingers:

The house over the road has had its fire lit today. Big question. Why?? It's warm.

BBL

Lulu
02-15-2013, 02:35 AM
Hi Annie, I saw Geoff lurking earlier and didn't feel up to the challenge so left quietly.....:lol:
Weather is cooling here at nights now, but still not fire weather! perhaps they were burning rubbish?

Just finished skyping the family :heart: so late dinner tonight.
Enjoy your weekend everyone:wave:

Yorky
02-15-2013, 03:07 AM
Good evening Annie, Lulu, good morning all.

It's a fine morning here, not sure how warm, the outdoor thermometer needs a new battery.

Sadly Jean goes home today on the 9.15 train :crying:

Doug

doppler
02-15-2013, 03:11 AM
You don't burn rubbish inside Lulu, except for my original and wonderful dinner.

We are allowed bonfires here as long as they are maximum 1 metre squared. Amazing how high you can stack the cube. After that you have to rouse the local fire brigade. Everyone loves a PARTY. barbecue.:lol: We burn stuff regularly, after rain. best thing to end a weekend with.

Did I say that Roger and I harvested the figs ??? One. Ripe and delicious. He had half and I had the other half. Straight from the tree. More netting coming up. Fresh figs are ambrosia.:heart:

Got to go and deal with cooking :wave:

PS Hi Doug :wave:

laudesan
02-15-2013, 03:24 AM
:wave:

It is hosing down!!!

Doug, it is such a shame Jean doesn't live closer..

My bike is in my studio!!!! (mental note to buy bike stand) I drove down in the car to pick it up, and I am glad I did. I sat on it to have a wee ride once the seat was adjusted nicely, and couldn't sit on it longer than 30 seconds. My whatsit is still too painful from last weekends ride. :D

I have ordered a new ubeaut seat online. It is a mountain bike seat, gel padded, and on a half price sale.:thumbsup: I am on the lookout for padded pants too. I don't want the short shorts, I am looking for something to me knee. I was going to buy board shorts, but I hate wearing them, and wont be comfortable. Those who know me, know I like my clothes fitted.

So I am all set to ride, once I can sit long enough. :p

Love and hugs :heart: :grouphug:

:wave:

shipbroker
02-15-2013, 03:56 AM
Morning all........

Lulu...quite right I was lurking about 3.30 and then again about 4.45am,but three blue ears means you lose a Kewpie Doll............

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Feb-2013/84585-2.jpg

Weather fine and bright after a cool night...new moon........off to town for papers now and then load the caravan.......

geoff

Lulu
02-15-2013, 04:05 AM
Hi Doug :wave:

Annie, our fig tree got halved by the wind in the winter, so no more figs for us, but the birds got them anyway lol

JJ, I'm sorry but I'm falling about laughing at your descriptions....:lol:
Your sore whatsit, your padded pants to yer knees etc are just too much for this here creative mind......:lol:

Funny Geoff lol

To bed to bed :wave:

doppler
02-15-2013, 04:08 AM
Tender, Geoff. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear. :lol: JJ no Lycra ? Please. Some of the stuff on bikes riding our road is a crime against humanity.

Doris345
02-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Good morning washers,

Hi Annie - I agree, fresh figs are ambrosia. Just try and get them here.
Sorry about your whatsit, JJ. Hope you hela soon.
Geoff, where in the world do you find those hysterical photos? Have fun caravaning.
Hello Lulu, Doug.

Off in a big rush - kid brother coming to take me to dentist, had real problem yesterday with tooth they removed on Wed.

Will report later.

Doris

Uschi
02-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

-4C and dull, supposed to get some sun later on.

Apart from playing table tennis this afternoon, nothing exciting happening.

JJ, I saw that seat on your bike and wondered how long you would last on it even without an already hurting whatsit:lol: :lol:

Geoff, off caravaning without a worry in the world - enjoy!!!!

Doug, aaaawwww, Jean leaving already. She certainly makes sure she doesn't overstay her welcome:)

Annie, what a shame that the birds get your figs. Same problem here with cherries, peaches etc. and if the birds don't get them some bugs do.

Lulu, that skyping sure makes the seperation so much easier:heart:

Doris, I hope your tooth problem can be fixed quickly.

:wave: to all here and all yet to come and sending good wishes to all not feeling well.

Lyn, are you locked out again or just not in the writing mood???

Uschi

Scene Chaser
02-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Good Day All and good night to some,
TRAPPED!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Feb-2013/83119-Raccoon.JPG
I decided to put cat food in the trap, since that was what it wanted. My neighbor will take him away for me.

THANKS, BILL!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Feb-2013/83119-Kitty.JPG

She can rest now.

Annie, my BIL and sister who live just south of Windsor, Ontario, have several fig trees. He keeps them in his greenhouse and covers them in winter. His fresh figs are delicious

Doug, seems like Jean just got there. Four trains to get home?

JJ, we really do need a cartoonist on the Wash. :lol:

Cute photo, Geoff.

Doris, ouch! Hope it’s okay.

Uschi, at least you get out and enjoy life.

Chores to do,
Bill

Philippe56
02-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Hello all.... Sunny here today that's good.

why are you traping animals like that ? :eek: will you expériment new fur for brushes?

Ellen in Ont
02-15-2013, 09:00 AM
:wave: everyone,
I got most of the housework done yesterday so today will just be vacuuming, and cleaning the kitchen a little. I think I'll put a pot roast in the oven for supper but need some ingredients so a trip for groceries as well. Not much else new. Work tomorrow night.

I just checked the tracking on a parcel and it should arrive today. I ordered a set of Sunveil clothes for Max for the wedding trip - hat, jacket and pants to protect him from sunburn. They are lightweight, the breeze goes through them so they aren't hot, and they keep off bugs as well. He can use it here all summer at their camper.:D

I need to get Brian to figure out how to get my Wii system working. He moved it from the basement TV to one upstairs and I bought (at a garage sale) an exercise game I want to try in it. It is a Zumba workout and might be fun. Anything that gets me to actually stick to some exercise would be worth trying.

Anyway, I need a bite to eat and get started on the day. Have a great start to the weekend everyone.

Strawberry Wine
02-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Good Day Washers!

Overcast and hovering around 0 C. again this morning.

Yesterday was an amazing day. Started out at the Library and then to the doctors. He was totally amazed at how I was doing ! the dressing is off, the incision is healed and I can have a shower this morning. :thumbsup: They removed the lower 1/3 portion of my left lung and it is already close to being as fully expanded as what it was prior to surgery. He is pleased I am pleased. We then did a bit of grocery shopping at Zehr's and I had no trouble walking the aisles , although I was walking with the cart and my pace was moderately slow. Today will be a rest day.

Char, yes, they have those carts but I was a little nervous about driving one and I really didn't need it.

Darla, hoping that you only have a little cold coming on and not the dreaded plague. Stay home and rest.

Doris, hoping the area settles down. If you accidently rinsed you may have washed away the protective clot.

JJ, padded seat? maybe ! padded pants ???? :lol: Lulu, time to get your pencils back out. :)

Bill, YEAH !!!! Heaven is the only spot for him to be. Maybe they have a racoon section.

Ellen, I have forgotton; when is the Wedding? Did you ever find that dress you were looking for last summer?

Time to eat

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

Flattwo
02-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Hi to All

Large meteor hits Russia 900 injured, buildings damage by explosions, amazing images on news!

A big one is due to pass close to earth tonight!

Henry

Scene Chaser
02-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Gail, glad you are doing so well.

Philippe, :lol:
The raccoon was stealing food from my cat.

Henry, I've seen clips of the meteor and windows breaking. I'm certain that various religious groups will blame it on our many sinful ways.

Bill

Yorky
02-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Doug, aaaawwww, Jean leaving already. She certainly makes sure she doesn't overstay her welcome

Sadly Jean has great-grandma duties at home.

Well done Bill, hope he doesn't show up again.

Amazing pictures of the damage from the Russian meteor. The big one is due in around 5 hours time :eek:

Glad you are healing well Gail, you are an amazing woman. What is it with you Canadian women you all seem super human? :lol:

It's a beautiful day here too Philippe.

Doug

LynnM
02-15-2013, 09:35 AM
:wave: Good day all! Sun here, looks nice for a walk, but I hear the temp is going down for the weekend. Still, - 6C is pretty nice too!

Wonderful news, Gail!!! you must be taking good care of yourself :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's a pretty huge raccoon, Bill, they can be pretty nasty as you know. Mrs. Feral looks happy.

Zumba sounds like fun Ellen, yes, increase the activity, although you seem to be pretty active anyway :)

Hope your jaw recovers quickly, Doris, is a worry.

Good plan, JJ, those seats do help....once you are healed. Been there.....

Hi Geoff, Annie, Lulu, Doug, Philippe, Uschi (sent PM), Henry, and all to come, hope you have a rewarding day!

edit: Just good Canadian genes, Doug! hybrid vigor, I think it's called!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

CharM
02-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Good morning... it's only a little chilly at -1C this morning. After thawing slightly yesterday, the lake froze over again during the night and is smooth as a baby's behind... :) I want to skate so much...

Ah well...

I have nearly finished the cherries painting and only the stems need to be painted. I don't know why I left them to last. I mixed up the English cherry colour with viridian and quinacridone magenta... What a gorgeous colour it made!!

Nurse Matt is working... his was an incredibly busy day yesterday with *falls* and illnesses. He bought some colourful scrubs yesterday... I think it's neat that he has choices other than navy, black or brown...

Annie, your laundry will smell so nice and fresh if it ever dries... :p We harvested peaches from our new trees last summer... I'd actually forgotten how GOOD tree ripened fruit tastes... I've never had a fresh fig.

((Lulu)) Just because...

Awh, ((Doug))... It's just too bad that you don't live closer to one another.

JJ... padded seat and padded shorts should really help prevent whatsit injury! :lol: :p

Geoff... so... not a good night then... was hoping on your behalf... love the pic...

((Doris)) Oh how much I fear the Dentist...

Hit em hard, Uschi!

I'm glad you captured your varmint, Bill... and appreciate so much that you'll have him relocated... he just wants to eat and thrive, too... Ms. Feral looks beautiful.

Hi Philippe!

Ellen, sun screen is SO toxic... the suit is a great choice!

:clap: Gail... wonderful progress! Those carts are fun to drive...

We saw that on this morning's news, Henry! :eek:

Laziness is my middle name today and I'm not even dressed for the day yet... I'm off to the shower! Have yourselves a great day, everyone!

We x-posted Lynn, Doug and Bill... :wave:

JudyL
02-15-2013, 10:38 AM
:wave: Hiya
Memorial service today, North Carolina Son and wife are here and we all are heading up to Gridley later. All the cousins and what Aunts and Uncles who are still able will be there. All this has made me think about what I want to be done with me when the time comes.

Oh well

Europa
02-15-2013, 11:40 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGAROOS!!

Same old same old here in Brogan Towers - just made an appt for the chiropodist to come out to see SWMBO - she wasn't happy that it wasn't the man himself (he is a very good looking man with a lovely Irish lilt.....lol). I told her she has to be nice to whoever turns up. :eek:

Weather has taken a turn for the better here in downtown Wigan - it is quite balmy one would say. I cannot believe the amount of light that now streams into the conservatory since next doors trees were cropped.

Saw the amazing pics on the meteor hit in Russia - will be watching out for that asteriod later.

Things are getting worse over here with the horse meat crisis - to be honest it doesn't bother me if I have eaten horse meat but I think the main thing is we weren't told and they could have had horse tranquilliser in them.

The child sex abuse scandal is getting worse too - every week there seems to be another famous face being arrested - people you would never have dreamed off - then again - innocent until proven guilty in my book.

Bill - aaaaaw how cute is that little raccoon - I can say that as we don't have them over here.

Doug - sorry Jean is on her way home though am sure her visit was a joy - she is such a joy to have around - she always makes me laugh and is up for more or less anything as we know.....LOL.

JJ - you are getting too energetic girl - I haven't been on a bike for years but my friend bought one last year - I had a go on it - soon got off - it was NOT comfy at all.......ouch!!! Think I will stick with my little floor bike where I can sit in comfort on the couch and use it....lol

Gail - you go girl - glad you are progressing so well - I remember when my brother had his left lung removed the doctor told him if you were going to have one removed the left one is better as the right one is split into three parts so can compensate better or something. Keep up the progress but don't tire yourself out.....(wagging finger...lol)

Char - glad Matt has a choice of scrubs - I have some scrubs as well - the green ones - they are very comfortable - he will have to watch out for female patients swooning.....lol

Waving to everyone :wave: and sending love and hugs all around

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Uschi
02-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Bill :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and oooohhh, she IS cute!!

Gail :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

((((((((Judy)))))))))

BBL Uschi

olliewood0702
02-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Hello all,

I did stay home from work today, I had so much drainage in my throat last night that I couldn't lay down; had to try to sleep propped up. I think it's just a cold but un-like any I've ever had before. It's a doosey. I still have the pounding headache and sore throat, swollen glands, even my teeth ache; now I'm getting all stuffed up.:confused:

So I'm going to paint today in between naps. In a minute I'm going to head to my desk and see what I can get into.:thumbsup:

I'm SO VERY HAPPY Gail about your great news!:clap: You must be a terrific healer and in my book you are a tough woman.:heart:

JJ, I hope you find just the right biking gear to wear that you want.

Bill. WHOOHOO!! Ms Feral looks like she's just bored with the whole thing.:lol:

Doug, Already time for Jean to go home? I'm glad you enjoy her visits so much.

Ellen, I am still walking on my treadmill; and I have little weights that I've been holding as I walk. I can adjust the pace and height/incline and you can get a pretty good workout on it. I do stretching exercises before and after. I walked last night even though I didn't feel well. I don't think I will today but you just never know, maybe later.

Annie, I, like Char have never tasted a fresh fig. I bet they are so sweet. I LOVE dates too. I hope your creation for dinner turns out well for you.

LuLu, glad you got to skype with the family.

Hello Lynn and PHillipe!

(((DORIS))) :heart:

(((JUDY))) funerals do make one think about what they want their's to be like. Thinking of you all today.:heart:

Char, I can't wait to see your cherries. Your new color sounds positively delicious!

Pat, Winnie never ceases to amaze me. She's got a :evil: side to her. LOL

I've posted my tulip painting over in the studio for some suggestions on a BG for it. It's here:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1308012

Now I am off to see all about this meteor in Russia. I hope you all enjoy your day.:wave: :heart:

Yorky
02-15-2013, 01:00 PM
JJ you bought the wrong model!

You should have chosen the deluxe comfort version:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/soscyclingartists/7115558373/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Off to see Darla's. tulips.

Doug

Andrew
02-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Been trying to catch up on things around here. It has been quite a while since I have had the chance to be on WC that wasn't hit and miss.

The last year hasn't been kind artistically speaking. After losing my job back in March, and focusing on finding a new one, starting said new job in September, and living away from my wife and studio since, it has been a long up hill struggle. Adjusting to the new work schedule, and living in a cramped one bedroom apartment has forced me to re-think some of my time honored practices and mediums.

Watercolour and Gouache have become my companions rather than sitting in the wings. And having to work nearly exclusively from collections of photos and on location scribbles, my entire work process has had to change.

I have been invited to join in an art show the begining of April. Need to get off my keister and get some work mounted and framed and finish up a my stragglers in time for the installation. The plus side of this new job is that it is nearly Nerdvanna. Everyone one here is in some way into gaming, sci-fi, fantasy, reading, computers, and/or art. Seems so different compared to my last place I was the odd man out and everyone else was more into muddin', shootin', and drinkin' along with various other full contact sports.

Nice Raccoon. We have several around our house in Ottumwa, and they used to stay away, as Sam used to chase them off. Zoe on the other hand, makes friends with them, and the rabbits, woodchucks, possums, etc. No hunting instincts at all in that girl.

Take care all!
Andrew

WthrLady
02-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Hey all.
Started the day with a long power outtage. No idea, but as it was the whole base, it made for a LONG morning.

And as the astroid DIDN"T come down and obliterate the commissary, I had to go to the market, on a Friday, on Payday. UGH... I dispise marketing.

But now it's done.

I'm puttering in the studio, but finding it ahrd with the lovely weather to stay inside. The plein air set up might must have to find its way out soon!

Take care everyone!

laudesan
02-15-2013, 07:10 PM
JJ you bought the wrong model!

You should have chosen the deluxe comfort version:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/soscyclingartists/7115558373/

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:p :p :p

It is fair hosing down here. So much water running down the gutters on the road, that ducks could swim in it.

Darla I have leg weights. I used them when I first started building up my leg muscles back in 2008 The are not very heavy, but repetition makes them very beneficial.

Gail, you go you. :heart:

Andrew, there is a 7 year cycle. Every 7 years our lives change, we change, usually for the better. Hang in there. Good luck with the art show.

Pat, you know me, can't sit me down for long. Hugs to you and Nan..

:grouphug: Judy :grouphug: :heart:

Char a photo of Matt in his new scrubs if you can. :)

Lynn, I hope you had a wonderful walk..

Hya Ellen. Max will love his sunveil wear. I still use mine on bush walks. I may even use it for long bike rides too. They are so cool. Hope your wifi is working now.

Bill, that is one very adoring look from Ms Feral. :heart: That Raccoon is beautiful. I am glad you are rehabitating him. The ones I saw in Ontario were grey in colour, yours is brown.

Uschi, table tennis is exciting!

I love figs, fresh or dried.

Doris, I hope dentist went well.

Lulu, how is your thumb going? :D I bet your mind is working overtime.

Oh dear. :lol: JJ no Lycra ? Please. Some of the stuff on bikes riding our road is a crime against humanity. we shall see. But you know me.. :p

olliewood0702
02-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Larry and I are watching the Redwing hockey game; so far it's tied 1-1.

I had a nice nap this afternoon and slept so long that I didn't have time to paint. I needed it as I didn't sleep well last night.:thumbsup: Now though I won't be tired for a while.

Larry and I had pizza for dinner, and I've been surfing the net; more planning for our trip.:smug:

We are expecting cold weather tonight and some fresh snow.

There sure have been some lovely paintings in the gallery lately. The amount of talent here on WetCanvas; in EVERY forum never ceases to amaze me.:clap:

Now I'm going to read my Watercolor Artist magazine that I just got in the mail yesterday.;)

Good night:wave:

Yorky
02-16-2013, 03:31 AM
Darla I have leg weights.
I have stomach weight. Unfortunately I have to wear it all the time :lol:

Doug

Lulu
02-16-2013, 03:41 AM
I have stomach weight. Unfortunately I have to wear it all the time :lol:

Doug

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

olliewood0702