PDA

View Full Version : The (almost) Start of a Journey.

planedfromInk
02-14-2013, 05:16 AM
Good morning,

It has been recommended that I introduce myself on here and so here I am.

My name is Mark and I'm 30, married with two children. I have in the last year decided to start watercolour. I have always loved art and have always sketched from a child but am pretty keen to learn to paint and learn more about art in general. My wife gave me some watercolours she hadn't used in years and now...now I'm addicted.

I will post some work on here as I have been attempting to teach myself (hence the almost start of a journey) and have found a few things out but now I think I need some guidance for the next steps. I think to feel safer I will be attempting ink and watercolours for the time being, I am comfortable in my drawing.

Hope to speak to some of you soon.

Mark

laudesan
02-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Welcome Mark. You are among friends.. !! :thumbsup:

GramPat
02-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Welcome Mark. There are so many helpful and talented people here. Hope to see and hear more from you.
Gram Pat

Mike3839
02-14-2013, 08:00 AM
Welcome aboard Mark. You'll find lots of information available here and a lot of advice for the asking from many talented individuals. Above all, there is a sense of camaraderie and friendship throughout the forum.

Mike

Yorky
02-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Welcome to the forum Mark, you will make great friends here. There are lots of useful threads here, see the links in my signature.

Doug

painterbear
02-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Hi Mark,
Welcome to the Watercolor Forum! Nice to meet you.

One of the nicest things about our forum is that we have watercolor artists who are at all levels of their artistic journey...beginners like you to professionals like Virgil and Ona and others. The best thing of all is we all try to help one another with encouragement, advice, and camaraderie!

Check out the links in Doug's and my signature lines for lots of great informational threads to help you start.

Sylvia

olliewood0702
02-14-2013, 08:45 AM
WELCOME MARK! I'm so glad you are embracing watercolor as your medium of choice. You will love it. There are so many helpful links here to ponder over and exercises to try. You are not alone and there is always someone near to give good advice. Keep those brushes wet and please post some of your work in the gallery.

planedfromInk
02-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Wow, what a lovely response. Thank you.

I will post some of my pictures that I have done recently to give people an idea about where I am. I will want critique on most as I, as I'm sure everyone on here does, want to improve and learn much more. In the mean time, many thanks for the welcome and I'm sure I'll talk to some of you soon.

Mark

CharM
02-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Welcome to WC, Mark! Each journey begins with that first step and by introducing yourself, you've begun! Posting your work is one of the ways that you'll be able to grow your art. Also, have a look at the Studio and Learning Zones for Challenges and Classes. You'll learn new things, interact with other Members and have lots of fun!

Antiqueteacher
02-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Mark, welcome to the Watercolor Forum! We are glad to have you with us on this journey we call Watercolor!! Do check out the Studio and the Learning Zone and have fun!!

Katherine

janinco
02-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Welcome, Mark! I started painting two years ago (no art training) and this site has been amazing. Be sure to check the links mentioned and read back through old posts. I used the search quite a bit to find information on various topics.

Jan

cloudchaser
02-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the site Mark, you can't help but learn from all the great people here. Enjoy your watercolours!
Tony.

doppler
02-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Welcome Mark !!! :)

noge
02-16-2013, 01:39 AM
Welcome :wave: