PDA

View Full Version : Bell P-59 WIP

Bergere
02-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Have been wanting to do another Military Aircraft. Have many pictures I have personally taken over the years too choose from and goodness is it ever hard to choose.
Decided on the above... another " In Your Face" style I like but a different angle.
Just started penciling it in, will take a couple of days to do this.

It will be in my usual style for this type of Art, a term my DH has dubbed,
"High end Illustration Comic book Art".
What a mouth full, but it seems to suit. LOL

Next one I ....Added the under color to the blue field of the flag and the upper stripes. Starting to work on some of the under shading too, making the folds and movement come to life.
Once this is done, I will paint in the darker final colors of the flag, before starting to do the under color to the Bell.

And the latest...
Started to add more depth of color to the upper part of the flag and adding the under color to part of the fighter.
Using some of the new watercolor pencils, as they have a couple of the colors closer to what I need. Taking a bit to get used too, as they do not lay down quite the same as the Derwents.

NeilF92
02-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Going well - colour pencils produce some very vibrant /strong images in expert hands . I enjoy seeing them used like this.

Bergere
02-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Thank you Neil!

Gray539
02-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Looks to be a good start, Bergere.

Bergere
02-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Thank you Gray!
Should have an update here shortly.

Neverstsfyd
02-17-2013, 10:12 PM
What paper/board and what size?

Bergere
03-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Had quite the storm yesterday, which gave me some time to work on my latest painting.
Added another layer of color to the green area to the nose of the fighter. Also started doing a lot more detail color to the plane's tail area, as you can see below.
Is slowly coming along.

(there is a little bit of a bow in the paper)

Bergere
03-07-2013, 07:39 AM
The paper is Hot Press by Aquarello Fabriano Artistico Extra White.
Size is 14"x20"

Gray539
03-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Looking super, Bergere.