PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Thursday 7th February 2013**

shipbroker
02-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Good Morning all,

Do you remember the song? It's almost tomorrow? Well it is somwhere and as Peter scorned the Kewpie Doll chance yesterday I might as well start.

Firstly. Have you visited the Gail Notes thread yet? please do

Secondly, Kay what great news workwise so nice for something so positive in these dark days, Well done

This morning off to Teesside for the Mass then straight back here as have hospital appointment with Podiatrist for my 6 monthly check up as part of diabetic clinic,I will be walking on air thereafter ....

geoff

Doris345
02-07-2013, 01:31 AM
Good morning washers

Hi Geoff. Hope you are starting to be able to unwind and slow life down a little.

Bill, I also made coleslaw on Wednesday - used my little plastic mandolin. Piece of cake.

Uschi, I also wish we could have Vioxx back again. It was the only thing that kept my upright and walking for many years. When I finally got old enough (and the technology improved) I had two knee replacements and ten years later they are probably the best functioning, healthiest part of my body. :D

JJ - Congrats on your film success. Will you also get $$ for residuals?

OK washers - here is another shameless boast about my brilliant nephew: http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/the-complete-annotated-oscar-nominees-class-photo

Scroll down to #24.
He went to the luncheon that is held every year for Academy Award nominees. George Clooney wasn't there, but he says that Ben Affleck is a really nice guy and Naomi Watts was charming.

His film, Fresh Guacamole, is the shortest film ever nominated. Less than 2 min., including credits.

Incidentally, his wife could not make it to the luncheon because she had their second child on Saturday. Baby Teddy - Theodora - was 5 lbs. 9 oz.

No special plans today. Darla's weather will be hitting us on Friday, so I will just do some local chores, marketing, cleaners. I actually started my taxes. Is that not weird?

Back later.
Hugs and white lights to all.
Doris

doppler
02-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Good evening Geoff and Doris and all to follow.

Doris there is no shame in being proud. I'll scoot off after this and check the link?

Done that, handsome young father :clap: :clap: .

Nipper :thumbsup: On the new grandson.

Kay YIPPEE for you.:clap: :clap:

JJ for you :clap: :clap:

BBL

Lulu
02-07-2013, 01:50 AM
Hi Geoff, have googled the song yet, vaguely remember.........who sang it?

Doris, that is so so clever! I could watch it over and over!

Hi Annie!

Dinner time here - fish:thumbsup:

shipbroker
02-07-2013, 02:48 AM
Me again.

Actually went back to sleep for 3 hours, how novel was that! I dreampt about playing golf......at the moment that is as near as I get " in my dreams"

Cold icy clear morning.....still sneezing

geoff

Yorky
02-07-2013, 03:26 AM
Good morning all.

Freezing here! Had a very uncomfortable night with my back. Had a HOT shower and feeling a little easier now.

May try to get to the art class, we're doing colour charts today.

Hugs for Gail and congratulations to Kay.

Roofers should finish their work today :crossfingers:

Then the clean up will start - the loft is a mess of insulation an fragments of roofing felt.

Doug

Scene Chaser
02-07-2013, 05:13 AM
Good Day All,

Thoughts are with ((Gail)) today.

Congrats to Kay for winning a part in a new series. Looking forward to watching.

Geoff, I hope you will be walking on air after your meeting with the Podiatrist.

Doris, you are such a show-off with the mandolin. :lol:

Doug, thinking of you, too. I know that pain.

The varmint got at Ms. Feralís food again this morning. Too dark to see if it has been trapped, yet.
Bill

doppler
02-07-2013, 05:17 AM
We had fush too Lulu.

Cheered myself by watching the news :angel: Shouldn't have bothered.

Wonder when the next legal class action will occur .... Players versus their trainers (you know, professionals ... Pharmacists, physiotherapists , doctors, coaches... Management? Who must have funded the drugs and certainly administered them with or without consent. Waivers don't work in that situation) Awful that twenty something feeling lucky fit and wonderful kids will be crucified (attempted) by the the aforementioned scum.

Sport plus gambling equals corruption. This is not about the players but IS about the management.

HERE (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-07/doping-probe-rocks-australian-sport/4505884)

Never did like European soccer either.

doppler
02-07-2013, 05:27 AM
Feel free to move the last post or delete it Doug. Lance Armstrong has apparently offered to help anti doping agencies too. The world is nuts.

On the other hand a lot of libraries here have moved his autobiography into the fiction section.

:wave:

Flattwo
02-07-2013, 05:40 AM
Hi to All

My wifes bone scan was postoned again, so here I am!

Was sunny earlier, now clouding over

Kay, congratulations on your new part...exciting!

Annie, sadly where there is money there is dope

Bill, hope you cought that theiving critter, how dare it steal Ms
Ferals dinner!

Doug, glad to hear that your back has eased

Doris, you should be so proud

Geoff, When I dream about playing golf, I am always under par!

Here is a photo of my neice (the one on the left) on a mad ride in Las Vegas yesterday, she is braver than me!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Feb-2013/3457-320350_10150304961752198_1281180075_n1.jpg

Hi to everyon else

Henry

laudesan
02-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Hey all :wave:

Just got in, from a fun night out, with one of my meetup group. There were 30 of us out to dinner at the Pine Bamboo Chinese Restaurant. The food is always good there..

Henry, your niece is very brave. :eek:

Good luck with the varmit trapping Bill. :)

Thank you Doris, I don't think so..

Thinking of Gail..:heart:

Roun2it
02-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Mornin' each ... :wave:

Cold here but the wind has died down. Just taken the dog for a walk and bumped into a couple of our neighbours so been out taliking in the freezing cold .......... brrrrrrrr!!!!

Got tea to think about, but as this is my fasting day it will have to be calorie counted. I'm doing well on the 5 - 2 Fasting Diet I'm 10lbs down since I started at the beginning of January. It's really good because for the 5 days in the week I eat what I like when I like, and just count the calories on the other 2.

Henry I wouldn't mind being in Vegas right now but I don't think I'd be sat in that seat!!!!!!

I never dream of golf, I'd class it as a nightmare if I did ....... :lol:

OK of to look in the fridge for something with zero calories .....

Philippe56
02-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Hi all, hope it's all good for you

olliewood0702
02-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Happy Thursday,

We are expecting the snow to start around noon with the heavest amounts falling late this afternoon and evening. I imagine right when I get out of work at 5pm. Was going to get my hair trimmed after work too but now I think I'll just get home.:thumbsup:

Kay, CONGRATULATIONS on your contract to be in a show!

Bill, grr....whatever it is I hope you trap it.

Henry, OMG....that looks WAY TOO SCARY of a ride for me. I'm sorry your wife's bonescan was cancelled yet again.

(((DOUG))) I'm so sorry you are hurting; and I too know what that pain feels like and it's all-consuming.:grouphug: I hope and pray that you'll be feeling much better soon. Get some rest.

Doris, Your nephew is a handsome lad; sooo very talented too. YOu have every right to brag.

Annie, so true.

Kev, good for you on your weight loss. I've heard of that diet; I should give it a try.

JJ, I'm glad you had fun at dinner with your group.

Hello Philippe!

I hope each and everyone of you has a very productive and creative day.

G'Day:wave: :heart:

Ellen in Ont
02-07-2013, 08:51 AM
:wave: everyone,
Nightshift tonight but hoping it is better than the bad day shift we had yesterday.:rolleyes:

The windchill is -42 right now so I'm curled up under a blanket and going to read a book for awhile this morning. My son's family are coming over for supper but we are ordering out. :D It's hard to coordinate all our work schedules for a meal together.

I just caught up on three days of the wash so I'll try to remember everyone I wanted to reply to but please forgive me if I leave someone out.

First, sending hugs out to Gail. Hope your pain eases.

Char - Congratulations to Mat getting a casual position. If its anything like here, he will be able to pick up lots of shifts. I hope the new kitty fits in with the rest of the gang soon.

Kay - congratulations on the part in the web series. How long are each of the episodes? My son has been in many and each one lasts from a minute or two up to about 10 minutes. Are yours longer? He has just gotten a position teaching web series design at the Toronto Film School.

Lots of new babies announced. May they grow happy and healthy.

Doris - I loved your nephews work. I will be cheering for him.

Doug - I hope your back feels better soon.

I can't remember what else I was going to say so I'll just wish everyone a great day and get a cup of coffee.

CharM
02-07-2013, 09:20 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Feb-2013/20514-531775_342000292577924_1981507081_n.jpg

Good morning... I'm not exactly sure what we're expecting today... apparently SW Ontario is not in the "Storm Watch" zones, but we could get freezing rain...

We were thinking of making a run to Windsor today, but will wait to see what our weather does. So, I'll do a little Service Club work and then paint awhile...

Thank you, Geoff.

((Doug)) I sure hope your back pain has eased today!

Darla and Ellen have expressed my thoughts so well... I do need to reinforce congratulations to Doris, though... :) And Ellen, we don't want this poor kitty... we can't let him starve, but I'm trying to find a home for him.

Coffee is calling me... I didn't sleep particularly well (Ted really snores) and need a pickmeup... I also want to work up a quick "Line and Wash" session for next week. Most of my Students finished their paintings a week ahead of schedule and I need to fill up a few more hours of time! :)

I hope your day is a happy and creative one. :heart:

Uschi
02-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Cold and BLAH. We too are expecting "the snow" this evening and overnight. We'll see what actually materializes.

Not much planned for today; I'll go to the Future Shop to get myself a decent head set so I can listen to my iPod, the ones I have keep falling out of the ears. Then to the gym and on the way home to the library.

Rita was to come over for coffee clatsch this afternoon but her back went out last week and she says she still can't sit for any length of time.

:grouphug:Gail :grouphug:

Kay, WONDERFUL NEWS:clap: :clap:

Doris, yes, handsome fellow your newphew!! That photo must be an absolute treasure for him. Keeping fingers crossed!!

Doug, :grouphug: for you too!!!

Char, Bummer when they finish their paintings before it's time:D Looks like they are ready for a painting group rather than lessons, now you know why Ron Sainsbury was less than enthusiastic to have me in his class:lol: :lol: BUT I enjoyed his class and was more than willing to pay for it.

My son has been in many and each one lasts from a minute or two up to about 10 minutes. Are yours longer? He has just gotten a position teaching web series design at the Toronto Film School.

Ellen, that is such good news. You and Brian must be relieved - steady income:clap: :clap:

Kev, :thumbsup: about your weight loss!!

Henry, without a lie, a million dollars wouldn't get me sitting in that spot:eek:

Annie, there is no end to it, an honest athlete wouldn't have a chance in the world, how terribly disappointing for them.

Bill, I hope you caught the little beggar. Mind you, he/she must think they have reached the garden of Eden:lol: So here comes the question "is it better to have gorged and lost, than never to have gorged at all":lol:

Time is moving on, maybe I should get dressed???

:wave: to JJ, Geoff, Lulu, Philippe, Darla and all yet to come!!!

Uschi

Yorky
02-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Well, the roofers have finished an gone, just the rubbish skip to go now and it has started to rain.

If my back continues to ease we may go to an art and crafts show in Manchester tomorrow with a friend.

I'm OK sitting an OK standing, it's the bit in between that is painful :rolleyes:

Doug

WthrLady
02-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Morning all. DARK DARK DARK and rainy down here this morning. It's a nice change, but it makes everyone SO sleepy! We'll be back to sunny and 70 tomorrow for the weekend.

It's so dark that I think it's a sewing day, household mending and the embroidery machine needs played with.

::waving to all::

shipbroker
02-07-2013, 11:22 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Feb-2013/84585-waxcat.jpg

Back later...but one for the cat fraternity!

geoff

Wind Song
02-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Hi Everyone:wave:

It is snowing and blowing here and we are under the storm warning for today and tomorrow!

Kay congratulations on the part!

I will say everything that Uschi said!

Have a great one

JudyL
02-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Morning, wish I had something to report but don't.

Char Is that your work, I love it :clap:

Jack off running, I will take the my shower now.

BBL

juneto
02-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Well we await the 6 to 12 inch Blizzard and High winds again .:(
I am trying to get what we need to alone here for 3 or 4 days , trtying to be :cool: . Hoping for a pass by again . I hear lots of states will be hit with this one .
I prefer snow to rain , as branches don't fall so easily but with wind , not so sure this time .
Everything was returning to normal for awhile . It was sure short lived .:lol:
How is Gail doing today ?
June:cat: :wave:

shipbroker
02-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Well, I have seen mmost of the Jacqui Lawson cartoons, usually at Christmas and Easter,however this one fetaures both art and kittens so I could not leave it behind!

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1560479383964&source=jl999

geoff

Island Nipper
02-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Good evening everyone, light NW breeze 4 deg C and wintry showers forecast, I shan't be going out in the near future, Beryl has just arrived home shramed.

Thank you everyone for your congratulations for Caspars birth, the lad is to visit me on Sunday.:clap: My two new Grandsons give me a fresh reason to fight my ALS, I want to see them both off to school with their satchels on their backs.

Doug, nice car but sorry about your back, it is such a miserable and restricting pain.

JJ and Kay, Well Done:) :)

Geoff, I do hope the spring will bring a lighter heart to you.

The house is being polished, The young Doctor is coming to see me tomorrow.I am told to stay out of her way during this important work. If it was not for the fact that he is coming to see me, I think I would be placed in the corner with a dust sheet over me!

Lampard iis getting a new contract for Chelsea.:clap: :clap:

Must off to watch Lewis (recorded).love and light to all.

WthrLady
02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Don't stop there Geoff! Plan to Dance at their weddings!

shipbroker
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Not a bad day overall......

Nice Mass, pity the SIL who requested it couldn't come as she has dreaded lurgy from he grandkids! Mine is abating and I feel lots better.

We then came back to do some food shopping then I had my appointment at podiatry clinic....quick and easy that was too.......

By chance we called at a furniture shop that a caravanning friend had owned, now his son runs it...and found just the 2 seat and 3 seat leather couches we had been seeking for weeks...and as we have so many vistors this coming week we needed to change our old one and quickly.....so if it will come through the door it should be here in the morning!

geoff

Europa
02-07-2013, 06:03 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Just zipping in - we finally got a letter re Mum's postponed shoulder operation - she wasn't very happy that he called her obese...........ooops......so have banned her cakes (I haven't really.......lol).

Anyhoos - seems that the general anaesthetic was deemed too dangerous so they are going with the inter scalene block - seems there is a 5 - 10 % failure rate with it so am happy with those odds.........had to explain it the other way to Mum - ie you have a 90 to 95 % chance of success.

I was reading through her different medical problems and she kept saying - I haven't got anything wrong with my heart - I haven't got anything wrong with my kidneys......etc etc.........so again I told her - you are taking medication for them that is why they aren't troubling you but try without the medication and see how long you last..............:evil:

Had a bit of a setback with the business again - this time through a long time friend of our John's (and the family). Can't go into detail at the moment but once it is sorted will let you know - suffice to say he has certainly underestimated us by thinking he can get away with what he is trying to do.

Better make a move - time for SWMBO's cup of tea - waving to everyone - sending white light and hugs.

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

CharM
02-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Good evening... we did make the run to Windsor this afternoon... bought up our bulk staples at Costco... I repackaged the food items, separating them into meal size portions and have all that put away. Ted made dinner!

The weather never happened down here... we could be faced with some freezing rain tonight, though. Of course, Matt's first full day as a nurse is begins tomorrow morning... :rolleyes:

Judy, I wish I were that talented! I pulled it from facebook.

Uschi, I'm ok with it when the Students finish early... I usually have some small project for them "just in case"... I think you're going to get the deluge of snow!

I hope you and Louis stay warm, safe and dry June!

Geoff, you know it made me laugh... congratulations on the new furniture.

Always a positive note, Nipper... and new life is just SO wonderful!

Hi Doug, Sharon and Caryl...

Oh ((Pat)) I'm sorry about the setback... sheesh...

I've posted an update in Gail's thread. It's positive news!

Hugs to all...

juneto
02-07-2013, 10:39 PM
They are talking about 12 to 20 inches now!:eek: :eek:

I can't believe that . We never get that kind of snow here , Maine yes, but not here .
How crazy is this .
Hope we have connections tomorrow.
June:cat: :wave: