PDA

View Full Version : Write up your Gail Notes Here!

CharM
02-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Hi everyone. I just got off the phone from Gillian (Gail's daughter)... Both she and Dan waited and waited and waited to speak with the Dr. after Gail's surgery. He never showed.

So, we know that Gail's surgery is over and done with, she's out of Recovery in her room. She's in a lot of pain, but it's being managed. She was given an epidural to freeze the upper part of her body, but it wasn't enough. She was administered with additional meds and those helped reduce the pain from a 10 to a 7. That's all they know. They're going to get to the hospital early tomorrow to see if they can catch the Doctor.

Let me be the first in this thread to blast some white healing light her way. My prayers are filled with positive energy and good thoughts for her recovery. :heart:

Uschi
02-06-2013, 07:48 PM
I too have been on pins and needles waiting to hear. I am sooooo sorry she is in so much pain and :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: that something more can be done about it.

White light, healing prayers and the very best of wishes whooshing in Gail's direction.

Thanks Char for letting us know!!!!

:grouphug:

Uschi

WthrLady
02-06-2013, 07:52 PM
(((((Gentle Hugs Gail))))

gardenart
02-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Thank you Char for keeping us informed.
Gail, I will continue to pray for you.I hope the pain soon passes and the healing begins.
Sue

artmom
02-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Gail, best wishes for quick recovery.

Lyn

NancyR
02-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Gail, strong white light being focused on you to ease your pain and speed your healing.

wcartistsr
02-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Praying the pain will begin to subside and you can rest.

Shirley

Lulu
02-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Gentle healing hugs and lots of healing prayers sent your way Gail! :heart:

painterbear
02-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Gail,
Comfort and healing vibes heading your way from down here in Ohio.

Hope the pain is easing now and you can get some rest and comfortable sleep.

:grouphug: to you. :heart:

Sylvia

kaypainter
02-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Here's wishing a speedy recovery and easing of your pain. Blasting white light your way.

Kay

shipbroker
02-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Good Morning.

Gail , lots of (((((((()))))))) and white light from here too and look forward to getting some pain free news soon.

Love

Geoff

juneto
02-06-2013, 10:38 PM
SO glad to hear it's OVER !!
So much stress before something like this .
Hope the morning will bring less much pain than a 7 and a more comfortable day for her .
Praying that the worst is over and the Good life will be just around the corner again.
June :cat: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :wave:

laudesan
02-06-2013, 11:22 PM
(((((((((( :heart: GAIL :heart: )))))))))) My heart goes out to you, I feel your pain. Hang in there sweetie. I am blasting healing vibes to you.. :grouphug:

JudyL
02-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Take your time with the recovery gentle gentle gentle recovery :grouphug:

Antiqueteacher
02-07-2013, 12:29 AM
(((((((GAIL))))))) Praying that you are finding such relief from the pain and that you are healing quickly!!:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

God bless, Katherine

Doris345
02-07-2013, 12:48 AM
(((GAIL)))
Warm hugs, white light, and lots of love.
Doris

doppler
02-07-2013, 01:39 AM
Gail, lots of gentle hugs from here too. It should only get better from now on(((((()))))))

Yorky
02-07-2013, 03:19 AM
:grouphug: Gail :grouphug: I hope you are feeling better soon.

Doug

ona
02-07-2013, 03:36 AM
((((hugs))))

Flattwo
02-07-2013, 04:40 AM
I hope your pain eases soom

Henry

Scene Chaser
02-07-2013, 04:55 AM
Many hugs for you, Gail. My thoughts will be with you today that the pain will cease.
Bill

Roun2it
02-07-2013, 05:33 AM
Hi Gail ....... :wave: Hope all is going well and that you are feeling much better soon.

Hey I'd give you a hug but you know me ......... :lol: Ahhhhhh go on then ((((Gail))))

FLNH
02-07-2013, 06:35 AM
I hope things are easing a bit for you and you are on your way to a full recovery.

Ellen in Ont
02-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Blasting white light and sending gentle hugs. I hope the pain is controlled quickly and the healing can start.:heart: :heart: :heart:

olliewood0702
02-07-2013, 08:31 AM
:grouphug: Gail, I'm sending my very best healing vibes your way and I hpe and pray that the doctors/nurses can manage your pain better. May you get some much needed rest and have a very speedy recovery.

We are all thinking about you and will miss you here; but you'll be back sooner than you think.:heart: :wave:

LynnM
02-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Thinking of you, Gail :heart: :grouphug: :heart:

seedy
02-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Hang in there, Gail.

Wind Song
02-07-2013, 10:52 AM
:grouphug: Thinking of you Gail.:grouphug:

cloudchaser
02-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Gail, my prayers are with you for a quick recovery and easing of yourpain.
White light for you ((((Gail))))
Tony:wave:

artist144
02-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Hope and pray you feel better real soon. (((((Gail))))):grouphug::grouphug:

Europa
02-07-2013, 05:39 PM
((Gail)) wishing you a speedy recovery and sending lots of white light and hugs across the pond.

Pat xxxx :grouphug: :grouphug: :heart:

Irishman
02-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Celtic healing from Ireland sent your way

CharM
02-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi Everyone... I finally have an update for you. Dan telephoned after supper tonight and was in excellent spirits.

Gail's epidural pain management was finally sorted out and she was much more comfortable once it began to work properly. The drain in her back is now running clear which is great news. The surgeon removed 1/3 of the lower third of her lung. It was definitely cancerous, but the surgeon was able to remove a good quality margin and is very hopeful. The surgeon is also very positive about her prognosis because it was discovered so early. She won't know what her treatment will be until she visits the Dr. in mid March.

All in all, things sound as positive as they can be under the circumstances. And, here's surprisingly great news... she believes that she'll be released tomorrow to go home! :clap:

Keep sending her your positive energy. It works!

LynnM
02-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Great news, Char, sending more white light!

Doris345
02-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Wonderful news. (((Gail)))

Doris

painterbear
02-07-2013, 09:27 PM
That is really good news on all counts, Char.

Sylvia

happhoto
02-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the update Char! Hopefully the surgeon got good clear margins and everything was removed that needed to be removed! Healing and supportive vibes are headed Gail's way. And to Dan as well...I know that fear and it's NO fun at all!
hap

Char...I thought I had Gail's snaily mail address but apparently I do not...if I sent a painted getwell card to you, could you get it to Gail??

Uschi
02-07-2013, 10:41 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and masses of good wishes!!!

Uschi

Thanks Char!!!

juneto
02-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Char , Hard to believe that they let a patient with a serious op like that go home so soon . I am floored .

They wouldn't let Louie go home until he could walk , about 2 months ???
They did let him go home after the Brain operation in 2 days.
Glad she is beginning to feel human again,
June :) :wave:

New Gamboge
02-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Char - thank you so much for keeping us updated.

Gail - best wishes for a speedy recovery. Betty

Lulu
02-08-2013, 12:11 AM
:heart: :heart: :heart:

olliewood0702
02-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks Char for this update.:heart: (((((GAIL)))):grouphug: wow...going home tomorrow possibly? That seems so soon; although I do know you can rest better at home.

Great news that they got it all and that her drain is running clear.

Hugs to Gail, Dan and family.

Yorky
02-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the news Charm good to hear that Gail's prognosis is positive.

Doug

kaypainter
02-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the update Char.

:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :heart: :grouphug: Gail

Kay

Lawrence Fox
02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Char:

Thanks for the update--glad to hear that the prognosis is good (that's a terrific relief to her and the rest of the family--been there, done that with Dad a long time ago!).

Gail--we're all pulling for you!

Lawrence

doppler
02-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Best wishes Gail and get well :heart: :heart:

laudesan
02-08-2013, 04:56 PM
:heart:

Captain G
02-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Best wishes for a quick recovery!

Scene Chaser
02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Thinking of you, Gail. So glad you can go home. I'm sure you will regain your health.
Bill

mozapony
02-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Dearest Gail:
sheesh! pain . . . and fear . . . ack! anywhooo! You've been
through enough, now you are good to go . . . get well soon.

sounds like the drugs are good,
soon the new and improved YOU will be back with us;
sending wishes on the wings of little snow birds that are visiting
in the garden and at your window.
They are with you at this time when we others are so far away.
Wishing you a fast and the best-est recovery in body, mind and spirit.

What a darn way to keep a good painter down,
but not for long with blessings and thoughtful light your way,
hey, the best is yet to be Gail girl . . . soooo
eat up your greens and raw veggies
and take your vitamins and minerals, all will help!
loves&cares
Sandee

CharM
02-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Hi Folks... I spoke with Dan (Gail's Husband) tonight. She didn't come home. The snow kept him housebound. He tried his best to get out, but it was hopeless. They have nearly two feet on the ground and it's still snowing.

So... Gail's not quite as good. The freezing from the epidural in her back is wearing off. Dan talked with the Surgeon who told him that all those nerve ends are screaming and will continue to cause her pain for about two weeks. She was given gravol (because it was making her nauseous) and some oxycodone... that helped.

Her brother owns a 4-wheel drive Jeep and will pick up Dan tomorrow. They'll be trying to get our girl home. :crossfingers:

Send your good thoughts and positive energy.

painterbear
02-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Ahhhh, Mother Nature throws up a road block to Gail going home. Darn! :mad:

Sorry about the pain she is experiencing, it is probably going to be a long two weeks for her.

White light and healing vibes heading her way from Ohio.

{{{{{Gail and Dan}}}}}

Sylvia

Uschi
02-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Gail, I am soooooo sorry the pain is back:crying: :crying: I hope the oxycodone will keep you at least reasonably pain free. We are holding your hand and I hope that helps a little bit.

Also sending masses of good energy your way and :heart: :heart:

Uschi

JudyL
02-09-2013, 12:34 AM
I hope going home is the right move, considering the snow and all, but the doctors know best.

Gail, think and plan of the arty things you will do when you can :grouphug:

noge
02-09-2013, 02:11 AM
All the best for her :crossfingers:

Scotslass
02-09-2013, 03:41 AM
Very best wishes from Scotland for a speedy recovery - and I hope your pain decreases soon as you heal. Best wishes to family and supporters too.
Suzanne

laudesan
02-09-2013, 04:05 AM
:grouphug: :heart:GAIL:heart: :grouphug:

I am so sorry you are in so much pain. My heart is with you....:heart:

ScarletLake
02-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Gail

So sorry to hear of all this for you. I'm glad that the surgery is over and glad that you got to stay in the hospital longer for pain management and to be cared for by the Dr.'s and Nurses. (even if someone up above caused a little snowstorm to see you didn't get kicked out early:wink2: :wink2: )

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you recover and find out your course of treatment.

We're all praying for you

Anita

SquashedToad
02-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Sending you lots of white light and hoping you have a speedy recovery!

charliez
02-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the news Char.
All our prayers for the wellbeing of Gail and
for the pain to stop!!

olliewood0702
02-09-2013, 10:57 AM
:heart: :heart: :heart: (((GAIL))):heart: :heart: Praying that you will find relief from your pain; that the doctors will find something that will keep it at bay. They do know best when you should be released so rest while you can. Also praying for Dan who must be so very concerned. Sending positive vibes and white HEALING light and prayers from Mid-Michigan, USA.:grouphug:

bluegenes
02-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Gail, I'm sorry to hear that you are going through all this....sending tons of healing vibes, and wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care. :heart:

Patty

Antiqueteacher
02-09-2013, 03:49 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Feb-2013/146894-13320-get_well_soon_09.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Feb-2013/146894-ATT00060.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Feb-2013/146894-babyswing.gif

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Feb-2013/146894-13320-get_well_soon_18.jpg

(((((Gail and Dan)))))

Hugs, Katherine

Doris345
02-10-2013, 04:20 AM
(((GAIL)))
Sorry to hear of this (hopefully minor) setback, hoping the pain will ease.
Loads of HAWL

Doris

tamy
02-10-2013, 05:35 AM
Thank you for keeping us update Char.
Gail, sending healing vibs your way :grouphug:
Tamy

Yorky
02-10-2013, 08:01 AM
:grouphug: Gail :grouphug: That's great news! Glad they have got your post op pain under control. I wish you speedy and complete recovery.

PS this was posted 6 minutes AFTER Gail :rolleyes:

Doug

Strawberry Wine
02-10-2013, 08:02 AM
I Am HOME !!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to each every one of you for your positive thoughts and healing vibes. I am on the road to recovery.

Char - sis, thanks for starting this thread and keeping everyone informed. :heart:

Michael and Dan picked me up yesterday morning and the drive home was pretty good as the sun was shining so the roads were almost free of snow. Dan got me comfortable in bed and then went to pick up Pearl who was very glad to be home again. She gently jumped up on the bed to lay beside me and give me a few welcome home licks before heading back downstairs to be Dan's shadow once again.

The first few hours post op were very painful but the pain management nurse and the anethetist got things sorted out as quickly as possible. Once I was relatively pain free the healing began. I was up out of bed by 7:00 a.m. the next morning and walking in the afternoon. I had a bit of a relapse on the 2nd day post op (which is normal as they were reducing the quantity of drip on the epidural) and again the pain management nurse had things sorted out quickly.

So nothing to do but heal over the next 6 weeks until I see the surgeon with the results of the lymph node biopsies.

Keep those wonderful healing vibes coming. !!!!

Hugs and Cheers,

Gail

zoodlemaker
02-10-2013, 08:09 AM
All the best, Gail. Glad to hear you're back home and recovering.

painterbear
02-10-2013, 08:35 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's GRRRRREEEEAAAATTTT news, Gail. So glad you are home and the pain is managable. :thumbsup:

:heart:

Sylvia

CharM
02-10-2013, 08:36 AM
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Uschi
02-10-2013, 09:10 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: and :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

A BIG step in your progress has been achieved - you are HOME!!!!!!! I KNOW Dan will take good care of you!!:heart:

Uschi

kaypainter
02-10-2013, 12:10 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :cat: :cat: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sending lots of healing vibes your way. Great news.

Kay

mozapony
02-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Waves Hello Gail,
*smiles to see you home safe in your cave* Feels better already. sighs

I'm keeping my eyes on you, all three of them, while you bask in all the healing thoughts and well wishes. Great to see your friendly words and positive energy. Good stuff!

Gosh, I too am really hoping for a good report back from the biopsies, I guess those lymph nodes get my thoughts of healing too, silly things; they better start doing their part in this recovery. Perhaps Dan & Gillian can lightly brush the skin along the flow of the nodal pathways to help them pump the gum of drugs and toxins out. I say "mozey along", out of the body. Let's get well.

Golly-gee, get yourself feeling better, you've got pics to paint, waiting students who love the way you teach them about landscapes and colour.

Sorry I can't be there to help you with eating green. Green is clean, detoxifying (sprouts - broccoli, alfalfa, green raw veggie drinks, raw veggies (green and orange), fruits, spices, etc.) It would be so great if you never have to go back to that hospital again.
You deserve all the good blessings and wishes for health. Take care of you.
Hugsandloves
Sandee

rickyhpierre
02-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Gail
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and release from pain.

Ricky

ReggieS
02-10-2013, 03:38 PM
:clap: Gail so glad you are home and feeling a bit better. Take your pain meds and rest. You have a great guy to take care of you and a wonderful lab baby to keep you company! I am praying for you and know you'll soon be feeling a lot better!

Love,

Reggie

Lawrence Fox
02-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Gail:

Glad to hear that you're home and mending. There's NOTHING like sleeping in your own bed to start you on the road back!

Neeman
02-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Speedy recovery, all in good time