PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Wednesday February 6 2013***

Lulu
02-06-2013, 02:01 AM
:clear:
and greetings on Waitangi Day, a national holiday here.

Went to see a fabulous movie today, The Intouchables. Highly recommend, I'd give it 5/5! A French, sub-titled movie, based on a true story, with superb acting, and lots of laughter. Could easily see it again.

Yorky
02-06-2013, 02:23 AM
Good morning Lulu and all to follow. You are safe to post m
Now Geoff :lol:

Had a good night, no leaks that I can see :crossfingers:

Looks like a dry day ahead so the roofers can complete the roof.

Haven't been to the cinema since Marigold Hotel Lulu.

Doug

Lulu
02-06-2013, 02:36 AM
Haven't been to the cinema since Marigold Hotel Lulu.

That was 10 months ago Doug :heart:
Glad there are no leaks!

Lulu
02-06-2013, 02:59 AM
Looked in a few times during night but resisted temptation!!

......and here I was wanting to wrestle with you for the blue ears.........:lol:

Edit: Must have magic fingers - How did this post get before Geoff's??? lol

shipbroker
02-06-2013, 03:00 AM
Thanks Doug didnt want to spoil Peters chances!
Looked in a few times during night but resisted temptation!!

Cinema. Last time Eileen and I went to movies was 1976 to see Jesus Christ, Superstar and last time with Claire was for 7th birthday in 1982 and we saw Flash Gordon. When. i lived in London I saw up to 10 a week!

Back after market

geoff

doppler
02-06-2013, 03:36 AM
Good evening from brain dead Mt Nebo. That's probably only me BTW.

Huge ruckus up here that we have been bypassed for disaster funding .... OK by the local grapevine, which is usually as accurate as Neville Chamberlins great announcement prior to world war 2.

Mt Glorious was hammered and did lose power for 6 plus days with road access cut as well. Parts of Mt Nebo were hammered similarly too. One neighbour has just removed the gum tree that was uprooted and landed on his verandah, taking the power lines with it. Down Forestry road was a wilderness. THEY should be able to claim some help and will be able to.

Roger and I wouldn't even try to claim anything. House intact and undamaged. Power back after 3 1/2 days. OK a few dollars of food into the landfill bin. (I was horrified at some of the use by dates from deep within the recesses of the freezer ..... to everything there is a purpose :lol: ) We were OK and safe. Now back at work so what more do we want? A HOLIDAY!!! :lol: :lol: :angel:

Post traumatic community babble.

BTW our ADSL is back. Separate muck up by Telstra has had our Internet line down apart from the 3G network what works my ipad. One guy said if it didn't come back soon, he'd have to read a book or go for a walk? :rolleyes:

Culinary adventure of pie and chips coming. Roger has gravy. I have tomato
sauce. Read ketchup. :wave:

Oh Happy (?) Waitangi Day Lulu.

shipbroker
02-06-2013, 04:04 AM
Lulu...not first time that posts have switched here!

Char...well done Matt.

Gail....Ginger ale..love it though not as a pre-treatment drink.

JJ. Most of the medicines that you and the North Americans mention here I have never ever heard of...advil?? Have seen Ibuprof types in Pharmacies though......I am supposed to take 2 Asprins a day......I don't.....the only over the counter drug I take at all is Paracetamol and that only rarely,like now with my cold(?) headaches...Eileen is supposed to take 8 a day but doesn't even though it helps her creaking bones...but it makes her queasy!......so many horses but not enough courses.....

Sun is shining,still cold and I don't want to go to market or papers......

geoff

ollieowl
02-06-2013, 05:05 AM
morning all

didn't want to spoil Peters chances!
sorry Geoff :finished work @7 get home 7;30 made cup coffee fell a sleep
have just woken up still holding cup 9;55 with coffee in it

Me thinks I go have bubble and squeak for breakfast

last time I went to the pictures I watched paint your wagon with
Lee Marvin & Clint Eastwood

HAWLTAIN

doppler
02-06-2013, 05:12 AM
Methinks you have the inaugural RAINCOAT award Peter. No spillage?:thumbsup: :lol: :angel:

ollieowl
02-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Methinks you have the inaugural RAINCOAT award Peter. No spillage?:thumbsup: :lol: :angel:
Oh thankyou Annie yes still full to top :thumbsup::D

P.s and this bubble and squeak taste great

Yorky
02-06-2013, 05:21 AM
Just about to set off to get Ruth's new car.

Had to congratulate Matt on getting the job :clap:

LOL Peter :lol:

Doug

Island Nipper
02-06-2013, 05:52 AM
Good morning everyone, sunny with light southerly breeze.

Whoopee, Caspar arrived 21:00 hrs last night. 9 lbs 14 ozs and thick black hair. Natural birth in the end and no stitches, didn't she do well! Mother and baby fine but exhausted. We also were able to. Have 9 year Old Esme to stay overnight which was great.

I take piles of Ibruphen, as my muscles have shrunk there is nothing to support my joints so very painful, I wonder of the timescale of the adverse affects on the bladder, if it is more than a few years it won't affect me!

Nurse Beryl has just left to take Esme home to Brighstone and so to see the baby, I will have to wait but pics will be sent.

The postman has just ran up two flights of stairs to deliver the mail and is now running across the lawns, those were the days!

Have just ordered some stylus pens for Ipad as the paint program's and the virtual piano are difficult for me left handed. I play along to the Gypsy Jazz stream from NewYork which is nice now the guitar is almost impossible now.

Well painting calls, peace and light to everyone.

Scene Chaser
02-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Good Day All,

Lulu, Happy Waitangi Day!

Havenít been to the movies since I saw ďAngelaís AshesĒ in Ireland twelve years ago. If it were up to us, the industry would go out of business.

Char, congratulations to Matt. Heís off to a good start, it seems.
Please keep us informed of Gailís health.
I hope you keep the black and white (Guiness) cat.

I made coleslaw last night and sliced the cabbage with a knife.

Congratulations grandpa Geoff H.

Itís getting warmer here. 14 F this morning.
Bill

Flattwo
02-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Hi

It is a beautiful sunny morning here!

Doug, I love the smell of new cars, happy motoring

Lulu, I don't go to the movies these days, but have seen Love Story about eight times, with eight different girlfriends, seemed to soften them up, I hated the movie :evil:

My wife and I were all set up to go to the hospital for her bone scan, they phoned first thing and put it back until tomorrow at another hosptial not too far away.

I have to exhibition coming up and I am trying to motivate myself to get paintings prepared for them, time is running out!

Char, well done Matt!

painterbear
02-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just after 7:00 a.m. here in still dark Oakwood. I can just barely see the tree that is only a few feet outside the window.

We're off to visit our neighbor Doris who has just moved into a Rehibilitation Center after surgery. Unfortunately, she is having trouble walking and may be wheelchair bound in the future. So she is talking about having to sell her home because it is a two-story one. :(

Char, Congratulations to Matt for getting his first professional job! :thumbsup: Awwww, another kitty for you to take care of. Guess the herd is jeolous of the attention you are paying to him.

Nipper, Congratulations to you as well, Granddad! Caspar is a BIG baby! Glad Mom and new baby are both doing well. I'm sure big sister is excited about seeing them too. We had a postman who used to jog along his route too. Told my husband he likes the exercise and finishes his route faster than any of the other delivery people. :lol:

Thinking of Gail this morning. :crossfingers: her surgery goes well and she feels much better as she recovers. :grouphug: to her.

Doug, If the felt lining for the roof is wet, will it cause a problem with mold when they put the shingles on top of it? Do they have to wait for it to dry out a bit? Happy New Car day today. :D

Larry and I haven't gone to a movie theater to see a movie since seeing The Last Emperor when it came out in ????. People are just too noisy and rude any more to enjoy the movie, so we wait until they come out on cable and watch them on our TV.

White light and healing vibes to all our Washers and their families who are ill or aching.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

laudesan
02-06-2013, 07:28 AM
:heart: :grouphug: to all in need :grouphug: :heart:

I am quite chuffed. I was contacted by ABC's 360 Degree Films (http://www.360degreefilms.com.au/), about using one of my videos I took of the possums in their new Documentary Possum Wars. It is all official, and they are paying me $100.00 for a 2 minute clip. I am quite chuffed.. :)

I have had two contractors come and quote my damaged yard, just waiting for them to email me. I have two more to go. That darned TV aerial of the neighbours is still on my roof. The house is a rental, and Tash isn't allowed to remove it, she has to wait for the "aerial man" sent by the real estate agent. She has had no TV for over a week, poor girl.

Congratulations Nipper!!! Double Woot to the Mum and Babe....

:wave:

Strawberry Wine
02-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Morning Washers !

Heading out the door in about 10 minutes. Sugery is scheduled for 10;30. Dan and Gilly are enjoying their morning coffee and I am enjoying the aroma which is making my tummy grumble.

Char, Congratulations to Matt !:thumbsup:

Grandpa Nipper , Congratulations ! on the birth of Caspar Best wishes and Congrats. to your daughter and family. That is a big baby.

:wave: to all

Cheers,

Gail

Yorky
02-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Best wishes for an easy op and a speedy recovery Gail.

Congratulations on your big grandson Nipper.

The felt is dry with the wind Sylvia, but concrete tiles don't rot and there are sufficient air gaps for it to dry out in any case. 3/4 of the roof is now one and the weather is fine.

Well, we collected the new car and it's got the auto stop/start feature when you pull up at a stop sign. Auto aircon and cruise control :thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Feb-2013/1046-CitroenPicasso2.jpg

Just reading the manual to sort out the speedo display.

Doug

Doug

shipbroker
02-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Nice car Doug.

Nipper..best wishes to your family......what a child!

geoff

Scene Chaser
02-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Henry, :thumbsup: :lol:

JJ, :clap: :thumbsup:

Doug, :thumbsup:

Bill

olliewood0702
02-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Hello everyone,

It's brilliant sunshine but COLD this morning. We had a tiny bit of freezing drizzle last evening and it was slippery in spots driving into work this morn.

More snow is on the way they are saying. These little "clippers" as they call them are about every other day.

CONGRATULATIONS NIPPER (GEOFF) on the birth of your new grandson! I'm glad she is doing so well without any stitches...that was a BIG baby! Also glad you got to spend the evening with little Esme. I bet she'll be a proud big sister.

(((GAIL))) best wishes for a very successful surgery and a speedy recovery.:heart: You can have your coffee later.;)

The last movie Larry and I saw was "ARGO" about the US hostages in Iran during the later 70's. Excellent movie directed by Ben Affleck.

JJ, WHOOHOO....how cool is that? And to get paid for that little slice of film too.:thumbsup: I'm glad the tsunami watch was cancelled for you and LuLu's neck of the woods. I see where 5 people were killed on some island. That was a BIG earthquake!

Doug, that is a nice looking car and it sounds like it's all set up with the latest gagets.:thumbsup:

Sylvia, that is too bad about your neighbor. It must make her so sad to have to leave the neighborhood after all those years. Life sure can take some surprising turns doesn't it?:(

((LULU)) I hope your back is feeling better today.:heart:

Geoff, you needn't be scared to start the wash....we've already told you that you look GREAT in blue!:evil:

Peter, I'm glad that your bubble and squeak tasted so good...whatever that is.

Char, WHOOOHOO....CONGRATULATE MAtt on getting the job!:clap: Another stray??:confused:

Henry, congrats on your upcoming exhibition! You have so many beautiful paintings from which to chose.

Uschi, HI...we crossed posted!

Have a GREAT DAY ALL!:wave: :heart:

olliewood0702
02-06-2013, 08:27 AM
oops....hiccup:D

Uschi
02-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

-15 with windchill, sun is up:thumbsup:

Just a quick post to give Gail a :grouphug:, looks like I am already too late.

Char, CONGRATULATIONS to Matt!!!! Both he and you must be very relieved!

(((((((((Nipper Geoff)))))))) and :clap: :clap: to becoming a grandpa again!!! BIG baby!!

Doug, nice car!! What is the auto stop/start feature?? and YEAHH to the roof being finished!!

JJ, WOOHOO that IS exciting!!

Annie, good that everything is getting back to normal!!

I have to get going (table tennis) and looking forward to watch Ave at her swimming lesson today, she should be doing soooo much better!!

:wave: to all here and all yet to come!!

Uschi

Philippe56
02-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Hello all

Yes LULU I still laugth about "Intouchables" it was a good revelation here.

Sun, rain, sun, rain, grey, always cold wind it changes in 10 minutes, anyway I'm inside today.:D

CharM
02-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Good morning! We have brilliant sunshine this morning... the snow glimmers crystalline in this glorious light...

I have to begin making some telephone calls this morning for a project that my Service Club is sponsoring. I hate doing this. I have a Class this afternoon at the Centre. It's the second last of this session and the Students have nearly completed their paintings.

That's the sum total of my daily excitement... :)

I'm going to say "What Darla said" this morning... Matt thanks you all for the nice comments. He's pretty excited.

Congratulations to Grandpa Nipper and family. :grouphug:

I wish everyone the very best possible day!

lifespalette
02-06-2013, 09:22 AM
A goooooood Wednesday morning and day to all...........sun's up, the nightly chill is quickly fading, suppose to hit low to mid 60's today........didn't paint or work on remodel plans yesterday, instead I fabricated a new 71" long wood window sill for the window opening we closed up. The finished install will be a wood siding inset in the brick opening with accent light in the soffit to highlight a new wrought iron metal wall hung element........it was just too nice out yesterday to stay inside.........

Nipper, congrats on the new grandbaby....

Doug, nice car........you be rollin in style man........ here in Memphis, it would be purple, lowered and have low profile tires with spinners by the end of the week with a sound system that would rattle windows 2 blocks over.........

I think the last the movie my wife and I went too was "You've Got Mail" maybe 13 or 14 years ago.....we were the only ones in the theater and I told my wife I had made special arrangements for a private viewing......don't know if she believed me or not, but I did get a special reward latter for the thought...... wahoooooooo! ;) ;) ;)

The cost of a night out at the movies here has gotten absurd.....for 2 adults it's $25 just to get in the door. Add 2 large buttered popcorns, 2 large drinks and you've got another $30 on top.......and then odds are your movie enjoyment is going to be ruined by teenagers talking, someone's cell phone or the couple behind you that has to comment on every line spoken in the movie..........no thank you. That's why someone invented home theater systems, wide screen flat HD TV's and Red Box............ besides, if I have to go to the bathroom, refill my coffee or the wife wants to get jiggy :crossfingers: :crossfingers: , I can pause the movie and not miss a beat.........hey, I can say jiggy, I maybe old, but I'm not dead......

Okay... here I'm burning daylight again. Need to take the dog for her morning walk and decide what I'm going to do today.......thinking today is a day to stay seated, yesterday was a bit much on the legs and I'm definitely feeling it this morning.

Here's thoughts for sunny skies, warm winds and a spring in your steps today..........:grouphug:

Thought for the day: Don't curse the detours........sometimes the best blessing are found on the road less traveled and the route we didn't plan on.......:)

wcartistsr
02-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Good Morning. Sun is out, hooray! Have had a lot of gray lately.
Yesterday was art class. Worked on drawing up a new painting. Guess I will do another flower as I do not have time right now to dream up a landscape. I have a couple of landscapes in mind but they need some refinement.

I decided to have the seat cushions made instead of me doing it. I think it would be difficult to get them looking professional enough and I cannot find the right density of foam I want for the seat and then there is the cutting of the foam to the right shape. So they are off to the upholsterer and I should have them in a couple of weeks. I have continued with the sofa pillows and have one more to go.

Today I want to photograph my hydrangea painting which is now finished and cut a mat to it so I can get a frame ordered. The Guild show is the first of March and I would like to enter it.

Thinking of Gail this morning and praying for good results and fast healing.
Congratulations to Matt on his new job!
Doug, the car is lovely. I love a white car. New roof is looking good.
Congratulations to Goeff and family on the birth of new grandbaby, a big one at that.
JJ, congratulations on your video. What a nice thing to happen.
Henry, thinking of you and hoping your wife's bone scan turns out well.

Off to start my day.

Shirley

Yorky
02-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi folks, my back just out my back out ::rolleyes: A simple bend and twist in the bathroom and I can hardly stand :mad: I have take 2 ibuprofen, hope they work. It's art class tomorrow and I was planning to go to an art exhibition on Friday in Salford. :crying:

Doug

lifespalette
02-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Doug... been there, done that and didn't even bother to get the t-shirt......profen should help, lay down flat on a heating pad, put a pillow under your knees and wait. If it's just muscles that will relieve the constriction..... if you pinched a nerve, you're going to need something stronger and much more time.............good luck buddy.

lifespalette
02-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Hey... .can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong. Trying to add a profile picture . Have it sized properly, it's a .jpg and it keeps telling me it can't save my Avitar.........? I'm an Avitar now....? I don't want to be an Avitar, they're blue.

Yorky
02-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks Steve, silly isn't it? I wasn't even lifting any weight.

Doug

Yorky
02-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Steve, the avater uploader is out of action. You may be able to load a Profile picture which is shown when someone clicks on your name. Otherwise choose a standard avatar for now.

Doug

shipbroker
02-06-2013, 10:35 AM
:mad: I have take 2 ibuprofen, hope they work.
Doug

Don't let JJ know about your pills Doug!.............It is so so easy to do these silly turns, been there myself.

Went into town to get a Teesside local paper as my Mothers 'obit' was scheduled to be in there....it wasn't, so Eileen rang the Undertakers who found that the paper had put it out on Monday ( which we didn't see) and who have apologised and reprinting tomorrow....

However, we are now also involved with our friends funeral, he died on Sunday in Harrogate and whilst his sons have come back home to keep their Mother company they don't have the social contacts we have, as we ran a winemaking club together until a couple of years ago.....so the e-mails are spreading around....The service will be the day after our ashes scattering........

geoff

lifespalette
02-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Doug... I'm using the load a profile picture button, not Add an Avatar button and still getting the "can't save avatar" message..... I guess both of them are out of action..........oh well, if any one really wants to see my profile picture they can always go to the post office........I'm sure it's hanging there somewhere in the Wanted section.

LynnM
02-06-2013, 10:49 AM
:wave: Good day everyone! lovely sun here, but cool. Nice white clean ground, but not enough snow to please the snow bunnies. The skating rink is in regular use, though, nice to see.

Decongestant works on the ear pain, so it must be a blocked Eustachian tube...I found a neat diagnosis page on the web, nice flow chart of symptoms led me right to the diagnosis. If it doesn't stay away, I'll be back to the doc for further investigation.

Congratulations, Nipper, that is quite a size! My sympathies to your daughter (in-law?) Both my babies were that size, I know what she has been through :eek:

Congrats too to Matt, Char, that is good news! Hope you can find a home for the new kitty, if that's what you decide.

(((Gail)))

Congrats to you, JJ, also, they are lovely videos, well deserved.

Lovely car, Doug, that is one of life's pleasures, a new car. I have good memories of my only new one, a Nissan truck, lovely cheery yellow with a cap back, great for carting large pictures around, but I sold it when I wanted to be able to have the grandchildren with me, just not enough room in the cab. Sorry about your back, I hope rest will cure it.

I hope Winnie is a little more comfortable, Pat, you are having a time of it!

Ibuprofen, I am pretty safe, can only take it for two days and then my stomach revolts. Still, it is good for an arthritic flareup, the two days usually calms it down.

I can smell my coffee done, time to do something productive. I hope you all have a rewarding day!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

olliewood0702
02-06-2013, 11:02 AM
:heart: (((DOUG))) :heart: that is awful....rest it, heat then ice, hope it won't last long; it doesn't take doing much at all for either LArry's or my back to go out...and painful as heck.

Steve you are too funny.(wanted poster at the PO):lol: Glad you are getting some home improvements done. Too bad you cannot put in a profile pic.

Lynn, I'm :crossfingers: that you won't have to go to a doctor for your earache.

Shirley, PLEASE show us your hydrangea painting! Good idea to take the cushions to the upholster.:thumbsup:

Now they are saying we are going to get a storm with 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow and tomorrow night. They've been saying this for weeks now and we don't end up getting anything. I wonder if they "cry wolf" again and we don't heed the warning if it'll actually happen:confused: They are saying the weather systems they use are differing on when the fronts will collide and where exactly. The northeast of the US could see TWO FEET of snow.:eek: ..I hope it's NOT where June lives.

JudyL
02-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi :wave:

Kids up and eating breakfast before I got downstairs, I did bring out some pineapple which excited the boy, who is known as "the fruit bat" here. He almost finished off the stuff before I nabbed one for myself.

Aleve is NAPROXEN SODIUM and I don't think you have it in the UK, it lasts 8 hours which is why I like it. A UK doctor once told me, when I had Sacroilitis (sp) I could take both Acetaminophen (Tylonal) and Iburprophen (Advil) as they work on different parts of the body, one the brain and one at the site of the pain. I did that for awhile as the pain was amazing :eek:

Foggy here Grampa Jack has taken the sprouts to school.

BBL

Flattwo
02-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Doug, sorry to hear that you put your back out!

Re drugs, my wife went into Anaphylactic Shock after coming out of theatre when given Ibuprofen

Henry

Yorky
02-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Doug, sorry to hear that you put your back out!

Re drugs, my wife went into Anaphylactic Shock after coming out of theatre when given Ibuprofen

Henry
:eek: :eek: OK so far :o

I dug out the massage /heat pad.

Doug

Europa
02-06-2013, 11:44 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Mum still having lots of pain with her shoulder - just spent most of the day dealing with medical people trying to get all her appts sorted out. Finally got her letter and prescription from the chest clinic (only 2 weeks late!!).

Then spent half an hour trying to get through to Wrightington to sort out her shoulder operation - finally found someone with a bit of sense who said it had been referred back to the consultant so made an appt to see him next month.

Also rang the hospital dealing with her cataract operation - now have an appt with them in April.

Got a phone call from the doctors - seems the Gynaecologist referred Mum back to the GP cos I hadn't contacted them re an appt - actually I had rung them but evidently some people don't make note of phone calls - very annoying. So now will be getting a phone call from the GP tomorrow to see if Mum still wants to be re referred.

Had to phone Npower as our monthly DD had gone up even though it was on a fixed tariff till May - they have now dropped it back down to the original tariff but have had to compose a letter for Mum to sign giving them permission to talk to me about her account. When it will get signed I do not know as she can't move her arm to write.

Can my life get any more exciting I ask myself..........LOL.

Re Movies - last time I went to the pictures I took Mum to see Titanic - she hadn't been for 40 years :eek: - best part was when she said it was too loud and could it be turned down......lol.

I don't like going to the cinema now - can't stand all the rustling and chatter and kids....prefer to watch movies in the comfort of my own home with no distractions.......am I getting old???.....lol

((((((Gail))))))

JJ - or should I say the next Spielberg - congrats on your movie.....:thumbsup:

Doug - ouch - poor you - take care. :heart: ....nice car btw.

Am still trying to shake off this cold but good old paracetamol is my choice of drug - although sometimes I think hard drugs and vodka would be better. :evil:

Char - Many congrats to Matt - big hug from me x

Nipper - congrats on the grandbaby....:clap:

Well time to make a move - sending white light to those in need and hugs all around.

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Flattwo
02-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Doug, you could try a Tens machine, they work wonders for some people

LLoyds do a basic model for £12.99

Pat, :lol: at your mum asking for the sound to be turned down! In the 80's I was watching a movie on TV with subtitles, they were too far down on the screen to read the bottom line, I phone Channel 4 and asked if they could raise the text a bit, they did while I was talking to them and asked if it was ok now, I was was saying to them, up a bit, left a bit.....true story

Henry

NancyR
02-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Just a quick note to say hello to everyone. Good weather is holding out here in North Texas.

On Monday night, DH and I went out to dinner. When we were walking to the car, I had a vertigo episode that had the parking lot swaying. I grabbed onto the car and DH helped me in. Did not have any other symptoms, and I was fine by the time I got home.

So, yesterday, I went to my Ear, Nose, & Throat specialist, because it felt like I had water in my ear and that would account for the vertigo. Surprise, no fluid in the ear. One hearing/pressure test later, I have lost hearing in the conversation high-level sounds. :crying: But never fear, five years ago I had a similar problem and bought a hearing aid. However, it did not help my hearing problem. I pulled it out last night, and I can hear everything. :clap:

I have an appointment on Friday with the hearing aid consultant. After researching, I want one that has blue tooth built in and is an open canal version. I will have this one adjusted and use it as my backup. I only have one ear, so I have to do everything I can to protect my hearing.

Nipper Geoff, Congratulations on the new grandson. I, too, had large babies and know what it is like for your daughter. :eek:

Char, What wonderful news for Matt. He worked so hard to achieve this goal, and now he can utilize his education helping patients. ;)

Doug, My smart car had magic heated seats. Whenever I twisted my back, I would get into the car and drive. After about a half hour, the kink and pain were gone. Does your new car have heated seats? You might want to give that a try. I bent over one time and heard and felt a zipping sensation go up my spine.

Darla, Be careful driving if the snow prediction comes through. I just read an article that said Lake Michigan is at its lowest level due to lack of rain and snow. Back in the late 60s, I remember it was swallowing up expensive homes built on the waterfront in Indiana. It also ate up a lot of the sand dunes along the lake shore.

Pat, I can only imagine what you are going through. It is the worst when they are in real pain, and no one will listen to you about trying to get help for them. Mom has settled down, likes where she is, and is quite happy now. It is a big relief to me. In fact, she asked me to bring her boombox and some CDs to listen to. She gets tired of watching TV and cannot read anymore.

Movies are just too expensive. We had gift cards that we used last week, and the refreshments cost more than the tickets for the movie. I'd rather spend my fun money at the casino where I have a slight chance to win some.

Well, lunch is over, and I have a bunch of work to do. So, whatever everyone said and white light and big hugs to everyone in need.

Uschi
02-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Beautiful day, bright sunshine!!!!

That table tennis trainer REALLY works us, I am beat when I get home. Even normal play seems to be quite demanding because I can walk on the treadmill for 1/2 hour at a decent pace and never even break into a sweat or take my cardigan off. With table tennis, after 5 minutes playing I am hot.

I have never hooked into the North American movie going tradition of food and drink. A senior's ticket costs me $ 7.95 and that's all the expense I have:thumbsup:

I HOPE Gail's operation went well and she is off on the healing path!!

((((( Doug))))) I hope you can untwist your back quickly too.

Nancy, so you have caught up to your hearing aid:lol: I hope the vertigo doesn't have a serious cause.

(((((Pat))))) you are occupied in a full time job. Too bad that your mom's shoulder is aching even if she is not moving it. I hope all can be sorted out quickly:crossfingers:

Too bad they took Vioxx off the market, there has nothing like that been before nor after. Worked like a charm and NO stomach affliction. The heart specialist suggested (gave me a prescrption) for the 24 hour baby asperin. It is coated and even so, after a day my stomach started playing up so I am no longer taking it.

Shorley, pictures of EVERYTHING please:)

Darla, unbelievable, we are in February and there is barely an inch of snow on the ground. We should be having feet of it. All this cold weather and no snow, not good for the plants.

Lynn, I :heart: :heart: :heart: Google and self diagnosis:lol:

Geoff, since you are surrounded by death, go into your garden and look at the snowdrops and primulas for energy and new life!!

Steven, I like your "thought for the day":thumbsup:

When I came home I soaked the dishes in VERY hot water, too hot for me to do them right away:evil: but no more excuses now.

:wave: Uschi

olliewood0702
02-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Nancy, I read that article too, yes both Lake Michigan AND Lake Huron are at the lowest levels EVER since records started being kept in 1918! We've had so many winters now with not much snow. When I was a girl the levels were high.

Uschi, yes I'm concerned for my perennials AND bulbs. Such crazy winters these days. And the storms are getting more severe.

They changed our forecast to a WINTER STORM WATCH...we could get 6-12 inches of snow if the forecast model they are going by is right. I may not make it in to work on Friday. Although I'm always the one who shows up.

The sun is still shining and it looks so pretty out; the calm before the storm I guess.

I hope GAil's surgery went well too and that she's resting comfortably. I'm glad Dan and Gilly were going to be with her. And poor Pearl had to go to the breeder; but I bet she'll do just fine.

Have a great evening/afternoon!

New Gamboge
02-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Good Afternoon everyone - I've been sitting here catching up on WC and keeping watch for 2 bald eagles that have been eying our ducks for weeks.

JJ, Matt, Nipper (and anyone else I've missed) - congratulations.

We have decided to start up a seniors' drop in centre for people in the South Cowichan area - at first to try and get shut-ins out for a meal once a week (with volunteer drivers), but eventually to have other activities - only 2 meetings so far, so it's still pretty early.

And I'm still curling 2-3 times a week until mid-March.

We have snowdrops up, crocuses next.

Doug, as the dr told my ex - it's not that one little thing you did, that was just the final straw - hope you get better soon.

Betty

kaypainter
02-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Hello all,

Popping in to say hi. Got sidetracked the last couple of days with other things. You mean I actually have a life other than WC? :lol:

Happy belated Birthday to Atticus and Brian. Did I miss someone? Probably.

Bill please don't say that about movies. :eek: That's part of my livelihood (when I can get the work)! There are some wonderful movies out there. I'm with Darla on "Argo." "Silver Linings Playbook" is wonderful too. As for cost, I know it can be very expensive. Movies at premier theaters here in LA can run $14. I do go to the $2 matinees out in Pasadena sometimes. Don't know if I'm saving all that much with the cost of gas.

:grouphug: Pat:grouphug: What a time of it you are having. Hope you can get all that sorted.

Oh ouch Doug. The bend and twist. Been there done that too many times to count. I've had a spasm between and under my shoulder blades for days. Finally went away. Feel better. Nice car.

((((((((Geoff)))))))))

Congrats to Matt Char! WhoooHoo!

:crossfingers: Gail that all has gone well.

Steve and anyone else trying to upload pix to WC. WC will not upload anything with the extension .jpg -- change it to .jpeg and it will usually upload. I discovered that by accident. My iMac saves all pix with jpg, and for some reason I just decided to see if jpeg would make a difference, and by golly, it did. So try that.

I've had a brain freeze. Can't remember all the things I was going to say. Been working on the jewelry. Finished a couple of pieces. Must get back to it. Beautiful and sunny here. 60's F.

HAWLTAIN

:wave: :wave:

Kay

Lulu
02-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Larry and I haven't gone to a movie theater to see a movie since seeing The Last Emperor when it came out in ????. People are just too noisy and rude any more to enjoy the movie, so we wait until they come out on cable and watch them on our TV.

Really? !! Hope that never happens here, everyone is respectfully quiet in our theatres, they'd be tossed out if they weren't, no talking except the odd comment, laughter allowed of course! but cell phones have to be switched off too.
I love the big screen, and of course I love the artistic side of it all. I'm with you Kay! love the movies.
Philippe, I hope The Intouchables wins major awards, it deserves to.

Doug, so sorry you hurt your back :heart: Look out though, the drug police will getcha! :lol:
Love the new car, hopefully we'll get a ride in it sometime in the future:crossfingers:

Nipper, :clap: yay new baby! and what a big boy!! welcome to the world Caspar!

Congrats JJ, that's quite a feather in your cap! Let us know when it's done so we can google it to watch.

((((Gail)))):heart:

Must scoot, have tomato relish on the boil and don't want it to stick......
bbl

juneto
02-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Gail . Wishing you the best. Everyone here pulling for you , so you have a lot of support .
Doug ,I did something liken that too . One morning I leaned across the bathroom cabinet at the sink . Just leaned and suddenly felt a screaming pain in my shoulder . Just a lean across.! The old Muscles and Ligaments ain't what they used to be !:D :cat:
I had an excruciating pain in the shoulder for weeks , afraid I would not be able to pull myself up to the lift up to bed . It slowly healed ,but took about 3 months to do it . I could not put my shoe on or pull on a sweater without terrific pain.
We were sick of the awful prices for a movie too , all the noise and bad behavior either . We now have about 4 Movie selections and Louie chooses a Movie every night after dinner for us. It is cheaper , more fun and much more comfortable . As you can guess we love Movies . Ann brings us Free Movies from the Library when she comes home for a week-end .
So we have Fun entertainment every night .
Congrats to Matt , Char . He earned it, by Golly !!!
June:) :wave:
All are talk about a BLIZZARD coming our way . It is so balmy and sunny out it is hard to believe .Talking about 6 feet of snow !!!!:eek:
Say it isn't so!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

shipbroker
02-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Uschi......yes the snowdrops are doing well,I'm not doing too bad either thanks...getting somewhat immune to situation now...weary but pleased that new life appears all over...take Nippers extra large grandson...or the lady in front in the market whose daughter had twin girls at 7lb each!!

We have had a few snow flutters tonight...tomorrow have cancelled golf mainly because of my cold but the SIL's have arranged a Mass for my Mother and despite neither her nor I being of 'that branch of the faith' we will be going 'early doors;

geoff

Scene Chaser
02-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Kay, I'll try to get to a movie just for you. I may have to go to NZ, though, to see it in peace.
Would like to see a movie you were in. I had a few relatives in the business years ago. Three cousins worked as sound mixers for MGM in Culver City, and another was associate producer for "Murder She Wrote," and "Columbo."
Bill

shipbroker
02-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Bill...I understand UK movie goers are just as noisy foodwise,telephones and the like so suits me not to go...

geoff

Lulu
02-06-2013, 05:01 PM
pleased that new life appears all over...take the lady in front in the market whose daughter had twin girls at 7lb each!!

Blimey :eek: :clap: and John's nephew and his wife are expecting their 7th in two months! They have 5 boys and 1 girl. 2 of the boys are twins. All home-schooled too! I take my (red) hat off to them, they are a lovely family.

kaypainter
02-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Kay, I'll try to get to a movie just for you. I may have to go to NZ, though, to see it in peace.
Would like to see a movie you were in. I had a few relatives in the business years ago. Three cousins worked as sound mixers for MGM in Culver City, and another was associate producer for "Murder She Wrote," and "Columbo."
Bill

I'm so surprised. But then again I live in a movie town. Have had to shush talkers sometimes. I am spoiled though. Most of the time I see movies as screenings usually in screening rooms (AKA movie theaters that are only used for industry screenings). Whole audience is in the business, so a lot more respect. When I have to see a movie with the hoi polloi :lol: :angel: I try to go to a late afternoon/dinner showing. The theatre tends to be nearly empty then.

So okay -- I can reveal the news now . . . since I signed the contract . . . drumroll please . . . am cast in a new web series, "Moonbound 24." Have no idea when it will appear. Will let you all know.

Two 7lb twins :eek: :eek: Although my sisters kids were - first one - 10lbs, 11 oz. and second child - 11lbs. :eek:

Kay

Scene Chaser
02-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Oh goodie, Kay. I love scifi. Can't wait. And, I won't have to go to the theater to see it.
Bill

LynnM
02-06-2013, 06:13 PM
That's wonderful, Kay, congratulations!!!!! do let us know when it is on.

Uschi, I was just looking at my now comfortably cool dishwater.....ran it xhot before I went out :)

CharM
02-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Hiya... I'm a little teary... relieved and worried at the same time... I've finally had news from Gail's family and have begun a Thread Here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1307043)... I know I'm a worry wart, so don't mind me... She's in her room. Gillian, Gail's daughter, told me she even laughed a minute...

Congratulations Kay!

My children were ALL 9 lbs. and over... Middle son was 10 lbs.

Hugs... you're all so damned important to me... :grouphug:

Lulu
02-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Yay Kay!! :clap::clap: Congratulations!

((((Gail)))) :heart:

((((Char)))) yes indeedy! :heart: and wow, those were bigggg babies!

painterbear
02-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Kay,
Congratulations!!!! Looking forward to hearing when it is going to be on and hoping to be able to see it. :thumbsup:

Char,
:clap: that Gail is now back in her room. Hope she can get a good night's rest.

None of my babies were over 8 lb., all in the 7 lb range...but they all grew up to be taller than me and even their Dad in Kent's case. :lol: They all had hair when they were born too. ;)

Doug, Hope your back feels better now. I remember how excruciating that pain was when I had the sacroilitis a few months back. Not fun at all. :grouphug:

juneto
02-06-2013, 10:58 PM
KAY , Super News !! Can't wait to see it and see You in person . WOW , TERRIFIC!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Funny although I was 5"8 1/2 and Louie was a little over 6 ft.
I had two 7'1/2 lb . babies . One grew up to be 6:3 and can lift his father in the air like he was a feather, she got to be 5 "7 and I always thought she would be Tiny like the rest of the girls in the family. Never can tell about these things .:cat:
Seems we Are going to have lots of Snow on Friday, Was hoping it would pass us by , no such luck. Phooie !!:( :( :(
June:( :wave:

laudesan
02-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Thank you Bill, Darla, Uschi, Shirley, Lynn, Pat, Betty, and Lulu, for your congratulations. :) I am still smiling. It is a big deal to me.

Don't let JJ know about your pills Doug!............:lol: :heart: :lol:

I
So okay -- I can reveal the news now . . . since I signed the contract . . . drumroll please . . . am cast in a new web series, "Moonbound 24." Have no idea when it will appear. Will let you all know.:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: Whooooooopppeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

:grouphug: to all in need :grouphug:

JudyL
02-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Ouch! sacroilitis I had that when we were in the UK, I had an umbrella I put a rubber cane stopper gizmo and put that on the brolly, worked a treat like a cane, could not do that here, not enough rain, but then I don't walk as much here as I did then.

I love going to the movies, we have been several times with the kids, the last one was Lincoln, a really good movie, worth the cost.

Yorky
02-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Congratulations Kay :clap:
Steve and anyone else trying to upload pix to WC. WC will not upload anything with the extension .jpg -- change it to .jpeg and it will usually upload. I discovered that by accident. My iMac saves all pix with jpg, and for some reason I just decided to see if jpeg would make a difference, and by golly, it did. So try that.

Thanks for the tip Kay, I'll put it on the list.

Had a terrible uncomfortable night :(

Doug