PDA

View Full Version : From a Different Perspective

Dahzl
09-07-2003, 03:28 AM
Hi Again :D

Another little thing I did a few years ago- we were given an exercise in a class to paint anything/subject etc... of our choice - but to approach it from a different perspective. I came up with this one - still needs a little more work in areas Ah well ... anyway it was a really interesting exercise to tackle :D

Any/all comments much appreciated.

Cheers Dahzl :D

Size: 16" x 20"

Medium: Acrylic

Support: Canvas Board

Dahzl
09-07-2003, 03:32 AM
and a litlle closer.....

Again please excuse my photographic skills :D

Cheers and Thanks,

Dahzl :D

surreal
09-07-2003, 11:58 AM
Nice work!

Tamana
09-07-2003, 12:03 PM
It's simple but yet catchy. I like the wash of color. Looks like it was painted by candlelight, or a very low light source. Well done.

Can we eat now? ;)

:D

somerset
09-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Hmmm, painting from under the table after a few too many glasses of wine?;)

Agree with Tam here (shudders) looks like a low light source like a candle is implied which is rather ingenious.

Dahzl
09-08-2003, 10:30 AM
Nina, Tam, Michael and Maysun :D :D

Thank you my dear friends !!

Yep lotsa vino, lotsa candles :D and look what happens when you slide under the table hic.....

and Maysun - I really have to say a big thankyou for your lovely thread for Dahzl's Forks so cute! :D one vino too many ??? :D

You are all Fantastic !!

Cheers to you,

arourapope
09-08-2003, 02:48 PM
Very clever! This works really well. Wish I'd thought of it!

Bill J
09-08-2003, 05:25 PM
Excellent Dahzi ! I'll put this in my shadows/reflections file

bill

Pilan
09-08-2003, 06:48 PM
Dahiz this is beautiful and strong. I love the way you used your subject and Color.

:)

Dahzl
09-08-2003, 11:17 PM
Wow ! :D Aurora, Bill J and Pilan, - Thanks so much guys - I feel really flattered ! :D

Very clever! This works really well. Wish I'd thought of it!

After viewing all your wonderful work and fantastic ideas Aurora !
What a lovely compliment! :D Thankyou so much for dropping in here ! Very much appreciated.

Matt Cooper
09-09-2003, 08:13 AM
I like your use of colors. The shadows coming down from from the forks makes this really look great.

cyrillejubert
09-10-2003, 04:57 PM
Hi sweetheart

Is not it a bit "show off" to present so all your familly's silver cuttelry ?
in french "l'argenterie de famille"

It is a shame to curve them so ... is the meet so hard in Ossieland ?

nark nark :evil: he is back

Tamana
09-10-2003, 08:03 PM
And I bet she's going to be soooooooo s u r p r i s e d too!!!!

Aren't you Dahz?!?!:angel:

Dahzl
09-11-2003, 05:49 AM
Thank you very much Matt :D - and I see you are new here Welcome to the basement ! :D

Dahzl
09-11-2003, 06:03 AM
Ahh... Cyrille ! Dahlink ! :D :D You're Back ! :clap: :clap: How wonderful ! Yes Tam Tam tis a lovely suprise ! :D and Uh Oh.....
Here comes trouble :evil: :D

Curved Forks Cyrille ?? not for hard meat just for large scoops into big mouths here in Aussie - land ha ha.....

Talk to you soon Monsieur Cyrille - I want to know all the details about your recent exhibition - I have had all my fingers and toes crossed for lots of success for you !!

Luv Dahzl xx

cyrillejubert
09-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Dahzl
Ahh... Cyrille ! Dahlink ! :D :D You're Back ! :clap: :clap: How wonderful ! Yes Tam Tam tis a lovely suprise ! :D and Uh Oh.....
Here comes trouble :evil: :D

Curved Forks Cyrille ?? not for hard meat just for large scoops into big mouths here in Aussie - land ha ha.....

Luv Dahzl xx

I see that my lovely Princesse, Ossie have ver LAAAARRRRGGGGGE mouth
I think it comes from this very bad manner of bringing the knife to the mouth from time to time.... when eating bread, cheese or crocodile's tail...
:evil: .. as you can read it, I did not lost my french accent in Belgium !:D

... The good side of it, is this wonderfull smile on your tiny face :D

Rosic
09-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Really cool Daz! I like the linear patterns the shadows create. How can something so simple speak so boldly... must be ART! Long time no see... hope all is going well with you... come for a visit in the figure forum sometime.
Rosic:)

Dahzl
09-12-2003, 01:47 AM
Thankyou so much Rosic !! :D :D How Lovely to see you !!

Long time no see... hope all is going well with you... come for a visit in the figure forum sometime.

I have missed you too!! :D So THAT is where you have been hiding ! :D Sometimes the different forums feel like being away in another country - if that makes sense?

Actually I was planning on spending some time in the figure forum again - my first figure drawing sessions hopefully start this Sunday. But Now I have an even better reason - to go see what you have been up to!! :D

Cheers and Thanks My Friend :D

Dahzl
09-12-2003, 01:53 AM
see that my lovely Princesse, Ossie have ver LAAAARRRRGGGGGE mouth
:D :evil:

think it comes from this very bad manner of bringing the knife to the mouth from time to time.... when eating bread, cheese or crocodile's tail...

Oi !! I have LOVELY table manners !! :angel:

The good side of it, is this wonderfull smile on your tiny face

That is more like it !! :D :D Monsieur cheeky Cyrille ! :D

:angel:

GeniusOfInsanity
09-12-2003, 02:18 AM
I love the shape of the shadows from the fork prongs. They seem like ghostly arms reaching down to my feet. Also, love the shading.

Dahzl
09-12-2003, 02:31 AM
Thankyou for your lovely comments too Geniusofinsanity :D Great name by the way- tho I'm sure you have been told many times already :D

I really appreciate your time and kind response!

amanda
09-12-2003, 04:12 AM
Wow, this is wonderful. What a great idea to do something like that so close up and from that viewpoint. I like it a lot, oh and I love the colour too.

marc
09-20-2003, 04:25 PM
Hi again Dahzzlerz :D

Very nicely executed with great colours to set it off! I've seen several very similar experiments with silverware on photo.net. Great perspective :)

Dahzl
09-21-2003, 01:04 AM
Ooops ! I have just realised that I havent thanked you Amanda for your lovely comments - so sorry :o so here's a belated big Thank you to you ! :D

Marc ! :D A big Thankyou to you too ! :D Old stuff but at least something to post ! better then nothing at all. :D

M.A.
09-21-2003, 08:49 AM
Wonderful!

angi612
09-21-2003, 12:50 PM
Dahzl, this is stunning! An unexpected angle for everyday objects. Great work.

cyrillejubert
09-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Psttttt ?
Psssssst ?
Hey Dahzl ? Sweetypie ... stop your charm with Marc
he dont even say me hello you are Hypnotic

Come and have fun with my donkey

This thread is located at:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=133781&goto=newpost

If you see Rieko tells her that the cake is burning

marc
09-21-2003, 03:17 PM
Sieurmon Bujert!

Excuzezzz moi!

I do too even say you hello!

HELLO!

In between helloing I have business to attend to

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2003/21810-spacecraft.gif

cyrillejubert
09-21-2003, 05:49 PM
Cram ih
uoy era woh
sram no syadiloh doog evah

VieSaintSo
09-21-2003, 05:52 PM
What a fun piece,reminds me a bit a of the naughty old days...enough said on that! :eek:

And love that blue!!!!!
Don't see enough of your art :( keep posting!