PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts of .......Dreamtime

Dahzl
09-07-2003, 02:56 AM
Hi Everyone :D

I haven't posted anything in a while and still have a few bits and pieces on disc that I can show until I manage to get hold of a digi cam to photograph all the rest and more recent stuff.
Here are a couple of pieces I did a few years ago in a little series of 2. All or Any :D Comments are very welcome. :D

Cheers and Thanking you in anticipation.

Dahzl :D

No 1.

Title: Thoughts of Dreamtime.

Size: 22"x 28"

Medium: Acrylic

Support: Canvas Board.

Dahzl
09-07-2003, 03:01 AM
Whoops :D Would help to attach an image - so here goes.....

Dahzl
09-07-2003, 03:04 AM
A little Closer:

Dahzl
09-07-2003, 03:10 AM
and.... Here is No. 2

Titled: Thoughts of Egypt.

Size 22" x 28''

Medium: Acrylic and ink

Support: Canvas Board

Thanks Again Everybody ! Hope you enjoy

Cheers Dahzl :D

P.S. Please 'scuse my not so good photography skills.

Maysun
09-07-2003, 03:57 AM
Hey, Dahzl, good balance in all three ! Even the close up might do on it's own.

Maysun:)

surreal
09-07-2003, 10:18 AM
Hi Dahzl,
I like both of these paintings.

I like the design element in both pieces.
I also like your use of hard edge forms.

Lovely work!
:D :cat: :D

*I'll be back after my morning coffee*
:)

Dahzl
09-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Thank you so much Maysun and Nina for your lovely responses
I really appreciate it ! :D :D

- enjoy your morning coffee Nina :D :D I am just about ready for a Milo and bed or maybe a little wine or two and bed hmmm....choices.. choices.... :D :D

Thanks again guys !

P.S. the glass of wine won :D

Tamana
09-07-2003, 12:00 PM
Scuse's her not so good photography skills along side her "own" not so good ones... he he. ;)

I had no idea you were so geometrical.

The first reminds me of floating. The lines that you see on those machines they have hooked to people who are sleeping. Cept of course, the colors are different.

I'm an Egypt freak, so I love the second. Like the geometrical contrast with the soft entwined flowing of lines, specially on that lower portion directly above the red. Ummm red :D

Were these done as a set?

Glad to see you posting :) Can't wait for your others as well.

surreal
09-07-2003, 12:03 PM
I love the snake-like forms in #1.

heh
09-07-2003, 12:16 PM
that dreamtime one is right on
makes my head float
up up up and far away

Tamana
09-07-2003, 12:21 PM
They do look like mates gliding along, don't they, Nina? :) What I really like is that it looks like the red one is swimming into the black and the black into the red....interesting.

somerset
09-07-2003, 01:28 PM
Hey Dahzl, you know if I see more than one I'm gonna pick one;)
Dreamtime's patterns just envelop me and take me somewhere peaceful.

Dahzl
09-08-2003, 10:18 AM
Thankyou so much everyone for all your wonderfully kind responses and comments !! :D :D

Cheers and Regards to you all,

Dahzl :D

Tamana
09-08-2003, 10:27 AM
(involving a desk)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

;)

Dahzl
09-08-2003, 10:33 AM
Hi Tam Tam !!:D :D I'm waving to you :D

Luv Dahz xxx:D

Tamana
09-08-2003, 10:39 AM
*waves back*

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwah!

marc
09-20-2003, 04:21 PM
Cool, Dahzllerz is posting :D

I like 'em both, especially the first one. The second one seems a bit unfinished with the triangle..?

The first one reminds me of asian themes and dragon festivals.. In the second one I really like the flowing waves of smoke in between the hard lines, in fact I think I would like a composition centered around that without the triangle :)

GeniusOfInsanity
09-20-2003, 06:29 PM
The Egypt one is my favorite as well. I love the geometric and color combo's going on here ...

Dahzl
09-21-2003, 01:13 AM
Oi ! :D Marc ! you've pulled out another one from the back pages! Thankyou for your comments - yep! more old stuff again- I have moved on from them - but like I mentioned in the last thread had to post something ! Still waiting for a digi cam to appear from somewhere :D I am sure I will find one sooner or later. sigh.........

Thanks very much GeniusOfinsanity ! :D Much appreciated!

mmk
09-21-2003, 02:58 AM
i love the design and colors of Thoughts of Egypt. so cool

Dahzl
09-21-2003, 03:23 AM
Hey Thanks mmk :D :D

Cheers Dahzl :)

gnu
09-21-2003, 04:10 AM
love that first one!! awesome..
uh..the triangle..I instantly thought of the 'made in NZ' logo..it's a triangle.same colours..you may want to ponder that one!!:D:D

anney
09-21-2003, 05:01 AM
Hello,

Maybe you have seen that I wanted to propose a "cultural diversity" project. Initially I just thought of a "arboriginal inspiration", but enlarging to any culture would probably bring more participants.

Cultural diversity project

The aim of this project is to take inspiration from the art of a culture that is not yours e.g. kachina dolls, arboriginal painting, inuit sculpture. A famous example in art history is the inspiration Picasso took from african masks.

The trick is not to copy, nor to make alike art not only because you are not initiated, but also in respect toward these populations, their beliefs and culture. One path can be to find how to express your attachment to the Earth, another to go deaper in studying the technique used...

Give us the opportunity to follow your path through the progress entries or via discussions in the creativity forum

Further idea, reference images, links, rewording welcome,

Anne.

Dahzl
09-21-2003, 06:32 AM
uh..the triangle..I instantly thought of the 'made in NZ' logo..it's a triangle.same colours..you may want to ponder that one!!

Ha Ha Ha...... I didn't know that gnu :D perhaps I should retitle that one to Thoughts of New Zealand ??? :D :D even tho I was thinking of Egypt at the time I was creating. :D lol But thankyou just the same.

Hello Anne :D No I am sorry to say that I haven't seen your proposed project - but it does sound very interesting - Have you put it here in Abstract ?? _ i will have a look - unfortunately I do tend to miss quite a few things happening 'round here as my computer time is often quite limited or cut short for various reasons - so I am often busy trying to catch up with everything and everyone.

Thank you for the info

anney
09-21-2003, 06:52 AM
Hello,

In fact I tried to make a thread in the "Creativity corner", but there is not so much audience there, then I went to Acrylics and just go one answer. The project is not created yet, I'll probably do that on Monday and send a PM to those who arlready demonstrated interest.

Anne.

Dahzl
09-21-2003, 07:02 AM
Thanks for that Anne :D I am sorry to hear that you haven't had very much reponse yet - Don't worry I'm sure it will all work out once the project has been announced and up and running. :D I will keep my eye out for it tomorrow.

marc
09-21-2003, 09:01 AM
you've pulled out another one from the back pages!

It's what I do best ;) - and it always adds a whole slew of new comments :)

Tamana
09-21-2003, 09:48 AM
:music: walk like

an

E

gyp

tion :music:

Dahzl
09-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Ha Ha Ha............ :clap:

Thanks You Guys :D :D

anney
09-27-2003, 11:57 AM
You can join the "Cultural project" project!

Direct link to the project (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=539)

Discuss about the project in the Abstract/Contemporary Art forum (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=539)

See you there !

Anne

Gilberte
11-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Hi Dahzl,

Can't tell you how I got here really. Two nice abstracts you have here, colors and lines are especially appealing to me !

osiris
12-08-2003, 06:52 PM
very impressive sense of proprtion, rhythm and space.:) Imagination flies to many things which is what sincere art can do so well. Await to see more of your work as you get your digital camera going.:clap:
Tarek

Dahzl
12-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Oi ! :D This is back again - Goodness me!

Thank you Gilberte :D I am have been so 'snowed' under with things for awhile that I have only managed a few very short visits here - am missing everybody here so much :crying: never mind am trying my hardest to grab some time to play again.

Tarek :D Thank you so much too for your lovely thoughts - very much appreciated !
- and yes the digi-cam saga - I am still working on that one - has been very frustrating- tho there are a couple of possible options on the horizon at last- hooray ! :D - I just have to be patient for a little while longer.

Many thanks to both of you again.

orchid black
12-09-2003, 01:57 AM
The ebb and flow of colour is fantastic! I love your choices here. Thank you for posting this.

osiris
01-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Luv your thoughts of Egypt. I wonder why!!!:D

Tarek:D :D