PDA

View Full Version : In the desert

Coen1
02-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Oil on canvas
80x60 cm
I'm aware of that it doesn't look like a desert.
Is it too noisy? Does it interest? Any other crit or comment.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Feb-2013/1065522-DSC01130.JPG

mr.gee
02-05-2013, 12:40 AM
interesting desert. it took me by surprise.

Andrewcody
02-05-2013, 01:34 AM
True, not a desert, thought the face devoid of expression, emotion could be a desert. A fun piece with colourful reptiles and fabrics.
Andrew

wakeup&create!
02-05-2013, 11:25 AM
eyes on top of the the lizard's heads would make their faces POP!

AllisonR
02-06-2013, 04:47 PM
A lot going on compositionally, with color and value - though not too busy. Even though you have all the cheerful bold colors, that guys chopped off head and his odd stare gives me the creeps. You have some really lovely details, I especially like the green and red fabric being reflected on his forehead and neck.

Coen1
02-07-2013, 10:09 AM
@ mr.gee: Thank you.
@ Andrewcody: Thank you, Andrew. I was thinking of a person in the desert; no need to show emotions when you're on your own.
@ wakeup&create: Wonderful nickname by the way.:). Their eyes are already popping out, though not on top.:)
@ AllisonR: His stare was intended, the head being chopped off, wasn't. Thanks, also for noticing the red and green gloss.

La_
02-09-2013, 03:20 PM
not sure how i missed seeing this!
wildly amusing with an edge, liking it a lot
the li'l guy on the left is my favorite!

first bit of study had me thinking, k, he's wearing a big colorful cape/moomoo/sarong and flopped himself down for a relax and got some company, cool, simple

i don't think it's that simple ... the tree root wrapped around his neck three times tells me there's more to this story and i think of the saying 'he bit off his nose to spite his face' ... extrapolate that into 'he cut down all the trees and stranded himself in desert'

course i could be waaaay off base too ; )

either way it's a funky cool piece

la

BettiePage
02-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Wouh, that is really something! So much creativity and style in this piece... i like it a lot!

reverseengineering
02-17-2013, 04:22 PM
What's wrong with being loud? This is quite intricate and has remnants of Dali and Escher. Great work!

Debzy
02-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Very creative, very colorful and very well done I think! Makes the viewer come up with all manner of thoughts! Cheers =)) Debs

Coen1
02-27-2013, 06:57 AM
@ LA: Thanks for commenting extensive. Also thanks for filling in your own story. To me it is not important wether it's the same to mine or isn't. The treeroots though aren't there:angel: I tried to paint some tablets, the upper one with a head on it. So that shows some weaknesses in painting.
@ BettyPage: Thank you for being enthusiastic: it inspires!
@ reverseengineering: When I prepare a canvas, it gets fuller and fuller. Sometimes I get in doubt. You (and others) took it away, thank you.
@ Debzy: Thank you very much. One of my goals is to set the viewer thinking, as you apparently did.

I would like to thank everybody commenting and criticizing on this work of mine. It is highly appreciated.

arnieb
02-27-2013, 08:00 AM
Definately interesting and colourful. Makes you think. Arnie