me well but going around the bend
mother-in law still in hospital
farther -in-law also in hospital
difference hospitals but otherwise
alls well

HAWLTAIN :heart:2 ALL

Scene Chaser
02-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Peter, sorry to hear your in-laws are in hospital. Check in more often, we miss you. Good night, I'll see you in my morning.
Bill

shipbroker
02-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Thanks Peter, I was awake at 1.30 but no way did I want another Kewpie Doll!

Bright night no snow yet

geoff

doppler
02-04-2013, 02:26 AM
Good evening all.

Peter, hope your in laws are doing well. Hugs to you and Yvonne. :heart: I'll echo Bill and say "Be around more".:thumbsup:

Geoff if you keep up the early awakening you'll be on antipodean time a day ago!

Lovely day. Car not washed but it would only get dirty again :rolleyes: Work good. Brushes dry. Not for long!

BBL

Yorky
02-04-2013, 02:58 AM
Good morning all. Dull, but not as cold as I expected at 6C. I was expecting snow.

Roofers will be here soon to tile the front of the house.

When I switched off last night the computer had catalogued over 23,000 photos and was still going strong :eek: Hopefully we will be able to view them on our Smart TV.

Not bothering to wash our car either Annie, we get a clean one on Wednesday :lol: Sister Jean is coming that day :thumbsup:

Doug

doppler
02-04-2013, 04:01 AM
I did see that Doug. Better than washing indeed :thumbsup: :lol:

ollieowl
02-04-2013, 05:08 AM
Good evening all.

I'll echo Bill and say "Be around more".:thumbsup:

I'll try
but I'm shy
so for now I'll say bye
Bye Bye
:heart::heart::heart:

Scene Chaser
02-04-2013, 05:38 AM
Good Day All,
Still dark and cold and a little more snow. I'm getting very weary of this.

My cars rarely get washed in the winter. When I was working, I washed the road salt off at least once a week, but now we don't drive unless the roads are dry. Don't get around much anymore. That would be a good title for a song.

For you "Doc Martin" fans, I read yesterday that they are resuming the series and beginning filming this spring in Port Issac.

Can anyone tell me how to grab a scene on "Street View?" I can't find directions on Google, but I see it done regularly.

I did a Lulu yesterday and cut my thumb on a mandolin cutter. Bled like sixty.
Didn't realize how much I use that part.

I also increased my treadmill time to one full hour at 2.6 mph. With ab exercises, I was able to watch an entire Midsummer Murders show.

Doug, I know you'll take photos of the men working on your roof.
Bill

shipbroker
02-04-2013, 05:48 AM
I'll try
but I'm shy
:heart::heart::heart:

Oh no you're not Peter.............you can be the official non-OZ Wash starter as soon as you want the job! Sori about family illnesses amigo ((((((((())))))))

Fine,freezing and sleety..........took 14 bags to Charity Shop this morning pus my old collection of LP's....classical and 60's/70's...probably about 50 of them.......

Think I may have a lay down for an hour before going bread shopping in Thirsk.

geoff

Yorky
02-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Hi Bill, hi Geoff.

Bill to take a screenshot of Streetview, first open a paint program such as paintshop Pro, then use the full screen option in streetview, compose your view then hit the Prt Sc key next to f12 on the keyboard. This copies the picture to the clipboard.

Now open your paint program and use CTRL+V to paste the picture in. You can then crop and save it. Incidentally Google have given permission to paint an sell images from Streetview but not the indiviual panoramio photos.

Doug

shipbroker
02-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Morning again.........

Sneeezy and Coughy must have been two of Snow Whites 'family'....wonder if they got cold too!

Sharpies, justy had a look at the box Claire bought and they are all fine-point which is good.......

Very sunny still but ever so cold and damp at same time.

geoff

Philippe56
02-04-2013, 06:31 AM
:wave: :wave: :wave: Peek A Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

Island Nipper
02-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Hello everyone, sunny day here WNW moderate to strong wind and looking at the Shanklin Sailing Club webcam some surf running.

Sitting with my feet on the circulation booster, muscles dancing in my legs! Watching the old Raven grumbling about on the lawn.

So sorry to here that many here are unwell, I hope you all feel better soon.
I have not been outside for weeks and that is probably why I have missed the usual winter ailments.

Awaitng the birth of my new Grandson, he is several days late. He is to be called Caspar Atticus......................GOOD GRIEF.

Had my usual prunes on a bed of Alpen for breakfast, the stones added up to thief for the third day running, must ask nurse Beryl to give me one extra so I may be a tinker again.

My new hoist works well and my transfers from scooter to wheelchair etc are less painful now, thank heaven.

I am painting again now that my health has returned, Ihave. Washed offa few failures, it. Is amazing how the staining colours sink into the paper.

Peace and light to everyone.

Brindle
02-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Good morning all!

First, hugs to all who are under the weather or struggling with life challenges. TWO in-laws in hospital at different locations? Yikes. Extra hugs to Peter.

The morning sky is a beautiful pink on the ridgeline across the road, just turning to gold now. It is going to be a gloriously sunny day! Weather in VA is nothing if not unboring.

I am going to ignore the considerable pile of tax paperwork today and focus on a portrait I started the other day...been letting too many distractions keep me from painting.

But first, a mile on the treadmill, I think...or it will never get done.

Have a lovely day, everyone!

shipbroker
02-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Awaitng the birth of my new Grandson, he is several days late. He is to be called Caspar Atticus......................GOOD GRIEF.

Yet another Atticus in WC Grandchildren......who would have thought...but then we are a 'broad' family worldwide...........We have a newspaper column here under the 'Atticus' banner but the only other one I remember was Atticus Finch in 'To kill a Mocking Bird'........... We do have plenty of Caspars though in UK.........but on a worldwide basis the best known must have been the Magi Caspar........

Still sunny but still oh so cold......Thirsk market beckons as need vegetables for soup and some bread.

geoff

olliewood0702
02-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Hello one and all,

Snowing .....AGAIN. We are supposed to get about an inch and tomorrow 1-3 more inches. I'm getting a little sick of it too...I was one of those who really enjoyed our snow-less winter. I guess if I could just sit inside and watch it fall I'd enjoy it more than having to drive in it. This morning it was sparkling like diamonds in the light of my car headlights. That was indeed pretty.

Here at work a little tired from staying up to watch the end of the Superbowl. It was a good game but they had a black-out for about a 1/2 hour and that extended the game until a little later than normal. Needless to say both Larry and I were a little tired this morning.:rolleyes: THe TV commercials were ....well okay. A few were cute.

Peter, that is awful that BOTH inlaws are hospitalized. I hope they are improving. Good that you started the wash.

Hello Doug, whoohoo a visit from your sister will be fun.

GEoff, I hope your nap was a good one.

Nip(Geoff), oh wow a new grandson; what a great thing to happen to you. Caspar Atticus, that's a great name for a grandson.

Carole, ugh taxes...Larry has an appointment tomorrow after work to have ours done.

Annie, my car needs washed really badly...but it won't stop snowing long enough for them to stop spreading all that salt!

We had Jen and Matt over last evening for dinner and to watch the game. Klaira was so cute.

Bill, good for you walking on the treadmill. I start out slower at about 2.3 and work up to 3.0 and do 8 laps (2 miles). It takes me about 40 minutes. I also have an incline that I keep varying the heights on it to get a better workout. I walked last week Monday thorough Saturday. I took yesterday off.:thumbsup: I think I feel better now that I'm getting regular exercise. Take care of that cut finger.

Both Larry and I have had lower back aches this past week. Nothing unusual that we did or anything. I'm trying to do some exercises that will strengthen my core and therefore it will strengthen my back.;)

I'm sending hugs to all in need of them:grouphug:

And want to wish everyone a most marvelous day.:wave: :heart:

I've read everyones posts but don't have time to comment on all.

Uschi
02-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

-16C with wind chill. Supposed to be sunny but not yet.

Swimming with Ava yesterday went very well, no more problems with putting her head into the water. I think she is up to par with the rest of the kids in her class now.

Went for dinner at DIL's parents' place in the evening. Nice ribs:thumbsup: and good conversation:thumbsup:

Down to the last pair of you know whats so laundry is an absolute MUST this morning. I might drop in for 1/2 hour walk at the gym between washer loads then table tennis in the afternoon.

Looks like I got several of you onto the treadmill:) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nipper Geoff, I am so glad that the hoist made things easier and less painful for you. I love prunes but can't indulge.

Peter, I am sorry you are stressed. Lots of parents here having difficulties right now.

Doug, thanks for answerintg re tiles for the roof. Here people use mostly the asphalt shingles, and for a bit more money fiberglass shingles.

:wave: to Bill, Annie, Geoff, Phillippe, Carol and all yet to come. :grouphug: for those of you not feeling well!!

Uschi

painterbear
02-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 8:30 a.m. on a chilly but dry morning here in Oakwood. Snow north of us is forecast so Anita may be getting some.

No art class today, but I may wet my brushes and add more color to my mushroom painting.

Bought a big bunch of swiss chard at the supermarket yesterday. We are having my swiss chard soup for dinner tonight with a loaf of Dorothy Lane Market bread on the side. :D

Didn't watch the Super Bowl yesterday, have seen a couple of the commercials. I found the Taco Bell one with the old folks pretending they were 20 year-olds to be stupid and offensive. :rolleyes: Loved the baby Clydsdale horse for Budweiser though. :heart:

Nipper, My GS Atticus just celebrated his 10th birthday the other day. We were a little surprised when Kent told us what they were going to name him, but now we think it is a pretty neat name. Seems his Mom is a big fan of To Kill a Mockingbird and Atticus Finch. I sent her a link to the original Atticus (http://britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/42228/Titus-Pomponius-Atticus) from Roman times who was probably the inspiration for the name for Harper Lee. Not sure if she was impressed by that though. :lol:

Bill, Ouch. I wondered how many people did that with the mandolin. Don't they have a little pusher tool you are supposed to use so your finger doesn't get too close to the blades? :thumbsup: on the increased exercise time.

Geoff, Hope your cold stays just a cold and doesn't progress any farther. :crossfingers:

Char, I'm like you with tons of recipes "to try" that sounded good so I copied them. I'm reluctant to get rid of them without trying them first though. Larry is content to stick with the tried and true, but I like variety now and then.

June, I'm :envy: about your Pompeii mini-class and the tapes you described. Wow, that must have been so interesting and fascinating to see how much as been uncovered since your last visit. Same thing here when I see articles about new things. Did you ever go to Herculaneum? I actually liked it better than Pompeii.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

CharM
02-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Good morning Washer Buds... Again, the fine snow is drifting lazily down... it's not accumulating, although I did clean the porch and laid down some non toxic melting sand... Since it's a nice fresh start to the week, I do have Students arriving soon.

I have a big binder in which I keep all my recipes and I decided to clean it up some, yesterday. There were lots of printed recipes from those I'd seen on the internet along with my tried and true. The failures were taken out of my book and fed to the shredder to become food for the compost pile... :) Of course, the laundry had to be folded and put away... And my two loaves of bread turned out beautifully. I'll double-bag one and freeze it this morning.

Peter, I'm so sorry that both of your wife's parents are in hospital...

Geoff, I hope you're feeling a little better.

Nipper, I'm glad you're feeling well enough to paint! :crossfingers: for safe arrival of little Caspar Atticus...

:wave: Everyone... tread lightly (groan) and have the best possible day!

Yorky
02-04-2013, 09:03 AM
I didn't read about your problem with the mandolin Bill - dangerous things, I have done the same myself. I felt it was so dangerous I threw it away.

Uschi, wooden shingles are looked upon as a short life, cheap alternative to slates or tiles. We have had a tradition of brick and stone houses and heavy tiled roofs here. In the middle ages though when wood was more plentiful and before coal fired brick kilns came into use we had timber framed, thatched houses.

Here's the rear roof finished:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Feb-2013/1046-Roofers2.jpg

And here they are working on the front slope:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Feb-2013/1046-Roofers1.jpg

The weather stayed fine so they decided to felt and batten the roof instead of the front elevation.

Doug

shipbroker
02-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Job well done Doug...need to find someone to get around here and do studio roof when weather improves...

It has stayed as a cold but sneezes and sniffles abound......cancelled the Thirsk Market trip as not up to it....

Just had a friend on the phone ( whilst I was sleeping,and it didn't wake me).
Her husband who had reconstructive surgery on his bowel last week has passed away, apparently the surgery was a success but something else happened....He had not been well for a long time and we were the only ones encouraged to visit as he didn't want to discuss his ailments 'outside' ...so I have been asked to e-mail all his friends in the Wine Club...so sad.....a year older than me but looked like 10 years more.

geoff

olliewood0702
02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Uschi, have fun on your walk at the gym AND later playing table tennis.

Doug, thanks for posting the pics. Great job on your roof/side of your house. Looks good so far.

(((GEOFF))) glad your cold hasn't gotten any worse and hope it is gone very soon. Condolences to you on the death of your friend. It sounds like he will be missed by all who knew him.

STILL snowing here....I just turned on my little heater near my desk...I'm COLD and I even wore a sweater today. Well I guess it IS winter after all...

Hello Sylvia, I bet your soup will taste really good on a cold winter day.

Char, I need to go through my recipes too and toss those that I don't use. I've always been a recipe hound....cannot have enough of them...well it's just crazy how many I've accumulated over the years.

Scene Chaser
02-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Geoff, sorry to hear of your friend's passing.
The most famous Caspar here would be the little white ghost.

Doug, I told Janet that I would never use the mandolin again and I will throw it out also. I'll use the food processor.
Your roof looks great. You won't have to redo it now for another fifty years.
Thanks for the info on Streeview. Guess I'll have to get Paint Pro.
Bill

Europa
02-04-2013, 11:06 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Well seems like the snow is heading this way again - at the moment it is very windy and raining here in downtown Wigan.

Mum not good - her shoulder is giving her a lot of pain - I still haven't received the letter from the hospital - if it doesn't come tomorrow am going to ring them again.

Can I ask for prayers and white light - my friend Sheila (who lives in VA) - her son in law has been fighting cancer but have found out this weekend that his liver is failing - he hasn't had chemo for a few weeks as his body was reacting so badly to it. Am waiting to hear how he has gone on at the cancer unit today. His wife Katherine is only 33 - such a heavy load for one so young.

Only got to sleep at 6am this morning - then got a call from the district nurse at 10am asking could they come early to do Mum's blood - so that was me up and about after four hours sleep. Winnie?? - oh she went back to bed for a couple of hours......lol. :eek:

I see they have verified that the skeleton found under a carpark in Leicester is that of King Richard III - it was the original site of a church - there is a program on tv tonight about the whole dig - I think they are doing a face reconstruction too - looking forward to it.....should be fascinating.

Fancy being under a carpark in a wooden coffin - you could say it was....the splinter of his discontent. ;) :lol: (sorry - couldn't resist that one)

Peter - sorry to hear two family members are in hospital ((()))

Geoff - hope you are soon feeling better.

JJ - hope you can get things sorted - you are having a time of it love. :heart:

Doug - roof is looking smart. :thumbsup:

Caught the last end of the SuperBowl last night - gotta love the Americans - World Champions eh.....even though they were the only ones in it......LOL....bless 'em.......;)

Well better go and see if SWMBO wants a cuppa - sending hugs and white light all around - waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

lifespalette
02-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Well.....a good Monday morning and day to all. Overcast, slightly chilly and rain called for later this afternoon....guess I better walk the dog very soon.

Can relate to those with parents and in-laws in the hospital. My mom is progressing nicely just to spite the doctors prognosis that she had 3-5 days or a week and a half at most.....she is actually using her walker more and more, still on 3 liters of Oxygen but she's been on that for the past 2 years......her last evaluation they said if she keeps improving at this rate she could possible move over to the assisted living wing in 4-6 months. Goals!

My MIL is a different story.....physically she's improving some, still requires help getting in and out of the bed or her wheel chair, but the mental issues seem to be getting worse. I think the cumulative effects of a bout of West Nile Virus 2 years ago and the events of the last 3 weeks (pneumonia, oxygen deprivation and intubation and heart attack) has pushed her mental capacities over the cliff. Her last doctor evaluation recommended skilled nursing care after rehab......last Thursday they moved her to rehab and a string of incidents over the weekend have convinced us that she is in the wrong facility, so we're in the process of having her moved to another facility.............was really hoping that this week would get within sight of something more normal but I'm getting the impression that it's wishful thinking............this couple of hours spent at the painting table just isn't getting it for me.....I'm more of the type to sit for 8-10 hours painting when I work and get oblivious to anything going on around me......my wife swears I wouldn't even notice if my studio caught fire........let one little fire start and they never let you forget it and it was little (melting wax) and it was outside just outside of my covered work area.........gheeez, no big deal. Okay, so I did get a rush of adrenalin for a moment, but don't let her know that.....I'll never hear the end of it.

Here's hoping that all have a great day..........healing to those in need, inspiration to all and just remember.....spring ain't that far off folks. Okay, maybe I'm stretching that last one a wee bit, but hey I'm trying to be optimistic today. Don't put a damper on my illusion (said as I don my fleece house sweater again).

Peace, love and hope..........Steve

shipbroker
02-04-2013, 11:11 AM
((((((((((((((((Pats friend & family))))))))))))))))

geoff

lifespalette
02-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Would someone please tell me what is a mandolin.......the only mandolin I know of is a musical instrument and have never heard of anyone nearly losing a finger playing it........

shipbroker
02-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Would someone please tell me what is a mandolin.......the only mandolin I know of is a musical instrument and have never heard of anyone nearly losing a finger playing it........

It is a catering device for quick shredding slicing of vegetables and anything else that gets in the way... threw ours out as well! If you Google Catering Mandolin you will see this instrument of torture!

geoff

painterbear
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM

It is a slicer for vegetables and cheeses, etc. Here is a photo of one:

Mandolin Slicer. (http://amazon.com/Swissmar-Borner-V-1001-V-Slicer-Mandoline/dp/B0000632QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359996816&sr=8-1&keywords=mandolin+slicer)

Bill, as I thought, isn't that knob on the top supposed to go on top of the food you are slicing and keep your fingers away from the blade??? Were you playing Russian roulette with your mandolin .... and it won???? :angel: Seriously, I'm sorry you cut yourself. Must confess, I don't have a manolin, but I do have a nice sharp knife. :D

Steve,
Sorry about your MIL's deteriorating health. It isn't easy being old, you know. :rolleyes:

Pat, I'm so sorry about Sheila's SIL. The prognosis doesn't sound very good, but I'll beam white light east to Virginia in your name. Hope you get some word about Winnie's treatment as well. :grouphug:

Darla, The soup is simmering on the stove at this moment and the house is smelling yummy. I'll put it out on the enclosed porch until later this afternoon when I will add the cooked rice and its broth just before we sit down to supper. :D

Doug, The roof and changed tile are going to make your home snazzy like the new car. :thumbsup:

:wave: to all who were here between my visits.

SYL,

Sylvia

lifespalette
02-04-2013, 12:21 PM
So that's the proper name for that, thank you Sylvia.....we've got one, I've always called it the finger tip guillotine. Someone gave us one in a Christmas basket and the first time I used it, I dang near cut a finger tip off.......it has set unused in the useless kitchen thing drawer ever since..... I'll stick with my chief's knife set thank you very much.

Doug the roof does look good....we've got to redo our roof this year and I'm leaning toward going with an insulated new deck system, 60mil water and ice shield moisture barrier and weathered galvalum standing rib panels.....I'm tired of dealing with shingles.

Uschi
02-04-2013, 12:29 PM
....my wife swears I wouldn't even notice if my studio caught fire........let one little fire start and they never let you forget it and it was little (melting wax) and it was outside just outside of my covered work area.........gheeez, no big deal. Okay, so I did get a rush of adrenalin for a moment, but don't let her know that.....I'll never hear the end of it.

You made me laugh Steve:lol: :lol: As to your mother, that episode probably scared the heck out of her - she makes me laugh too and good for her!!!! Sorry about your MIL!!

Doug, I told Janet that I would never use the mandolin again and I will throw it out also. I'll use the food processor.

WHIMPS:rolleyes: :evil: :lol:

Doug, roof looks great!!

Char and Darla, I too have one of those recipe folders crammed full of stuff I will never again cook:rolleyes: :lol:

Pat, my best wishes for your mom and your friends.

:wave: Uschi

LynnM
02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
:wave:Hi everyone, hope your day is going well. I've been framing, an auction and a show with deadlines coming up.

Bill, you have a simple graphics program in your Accessories if you have a Windows operating system. It's called Paint, and I use it all the time for Screen saves. Works just as Doug said, go to Edit and Paste.

(((())))) Hugs to all with aging and infirm parents, or aches and pains yourself.
:grouphug::heart::grouphug:

Yorky
02-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I suggest you get Paintshop Pro 9 which has most of the features and is much cheaper and easier to use than the current one.

Doug

Flattwo
02-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Hi to All

Doug, looks like they are doing a good job on your roof :thumbsup:

I braved the blizzard outside to do a shopping at the supermarket...cold it is!

Teryaki Sirloin strips stir fry and noodle tonight.

I thought I would give you a laugh, an old photo I came across of me in the school band, I am second from the right, top row with my coronet. I was kinda short there but grew to 6 ft after I became the school milk monitor (I drank all the spare bottles)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Feb-2013/3457-School_Band.jpg

Henry

olliewood0702
02-04-2013, 02:43 PM
GREAT pic Henry; you were a handsome guy...probably still are. ;) I love those old pics; and get mine out once in a while for a good laugh. :D

BIll, I just use a knife...but I do cut my fingers all the time...especially right after Larry sharpens them and forgets to tell me. :( Oh the joys of being a cook.

Pat, I saw that on MSN website about the skeleton they found; how very interesting.

I'm going to place an order on Cheap Joes, more gouache, some masa paper, and some varnish.

Can you tell I'm a little bored here today...a slower day for a Monday.

Steve....:lol:

Wind Song
02-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:

Enjoyed my son's visit yesterday and also the Chili!

Today is my husband, Brian's 68th birthday! Time flys!

I am off to find the birthday candles to put on the Black Forrest Cake!

Henry great photo of you!

Have a great one!

shipbroker
02-04-2013, 02:48 PM
...you have not changed much Henry!

cheers

geoff

Flattwo
02-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks Geoff, you have made my day :lol:

PS I see that another crooked politian has resigned

Henry

juneto
02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Syl ,
I went to Pompeii with my BILm Sister and Mother 52 years ago while carrying John ,Morning Sickness and all . Louie and I ,thereafter went to Herculaneum together and again with the kids as Pre -teens .
I felt when seeing it we might be seeing something of my forefathers and that I might have a lot of Greek ,if we originally came from there or if we were freed slaves from the Roman Empire or later from the Austrians who came . I am sure Too Tall June ! :evil::lol: Whoever we are from back then , my father's family are from Castellamare de Stabiae ( Castle by the Sea of the Ancient city Stabiae )which has not been excavated yet as part of the Eruption but I have seen the Castella on the Mountain that is supposed to have been part of the Austrian Empire, so whoever we are will forever remain a mystery .
Now instead of being :envy: , would you like to borrow it .
When we have seen the last CD . i can't work the CD player , we have 3remotes so we need to wait for Ann to run it . I will send it to you

Send me your address I will be happy send it to you . The photos are awesome . They know so much about life then and were incredibly organized beyond anything iI imagined .
I admired it in Archeology magazine and Ann surprised me with it for Christmas .
I know you would love it too .
June:cat: :wave:

StewGold
02-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Great Picture Henry. I'd bet that Euphonium player had had a hair lip repaired as a baby., A proper dinky wind band. I love old band photos.

Come along and hear one of the best wind band's in the world in Glasgow in March; see how the music has evolved.

I've a sneak preview of the programme, it's brilliant. Will include an appearance by both Godzilla and Elvis, possible many Elvis's (Elvi?). Klezmer Dances, And the truly crazy, exhilarating and Mad "Of Myths And Monsters" by Phillip Sparke. and lots more.

"An Outrage for Concert Band" By the Glasgow Wind Band.

30 March 2013 7:30 PM
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, 100 Renfrew Street, Glasgow
Tickets available now from the RCS Box Office.

Flattwo
02-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Hi Stew

I might just go to that concert...cheers

I used to play the Euphonium, and then the Tenor Horn and finally the Coronet and Trumpet. We played at the old Highlanders Institute, I had to do a solo and it was the scariest thing I have ever done!

Henry

JudyL
02-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Hi, not much going on today, the most exciting thing I did was to go to Target to get night lights, the boy really wants one in the "boy room" I figured they would be good to have for guests to find the way in the dark.

Oh I was given a mandolin from my dear neice, and I have been afraid to use it. It is a really good one, stainless steel and shiny. Still in the box, but plan on using it sometime, very carefully :crossfingers: