PDA

View Full Version : beginning

Bevahlee
02-02-2013, 12:42 PM
got this one blocked in. bugger on those trees and all those leaves. thinking of doing a raw umber glaze on that green green tree on the left, and a pink glaze over the water, after I get the water reflections right and the shack is cattywompas. Lower roof on the right than on the left. arrgggh. Not my thang

silvenus
02-08-2013, 04:33 PM
where are you at with this? I'm waiting for the next stage like it a lot so far

Bevahlee
02-08-2013, 06:05 PM
I believe that's where I left it. Waiting for critiques that could make it better. Not tighter but improvements? I did put a wash of pink over that turquoise under that willow? or white tree in the distance though

rossmarie
02-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Beverley - despite your protestations, I quite like this. Your "green green" tree on the left looks OK to me and there is no reason why your shed shouldn't have one roof slope longer than the other - just means less headroom one side. To me, the problem (if there is one) is that you have strong colour tones foreground, middle and back so that the picture lacks a bit of distance perspective. You might not want, or be able now, to change it but I'd get rid of that deep purple in the background and open up the view to the sky so that the wooden bridge and supports show up against the light.
However, you may see it differently...."one man's meat is another's poison" and all that.....

Mike:thumbsup: :wave:

Bevahlee
02-09-2013, 08:58 PM
ah, okay, I'll have to post my update. I did push it back a bit dulling that turquoise water, but I was trying to hide the trestle so I made it the same value as the background. I thought it was too much (interest). I'll give it another look. thanks. I appreciate your input

maryinasia
02-10-2013, 06:21 AM
looking forward to the update!

Bevahlee
02-11-2013, 06:13 PM
dulled down the distant water by the white tree.

Andrewcody
02-11-2013, 07:28 PM
I think your picture is charming. My only concern is the height of the bridge in the background. Whether a rail or road bridge the supporting pylons seem to indicate that a lot of water comes down this waterway sometime during the year?
I could be wrong.
Regards
Andrew

Bevahlee
02-11-2013, 07:45 PM
I think it is spanning a couple of high ridges. I took this from a photo (trestle only) and it looked about like this, otherwise, that cabin is in danger. lol.

Andrewcody
02-11-2013, 09:32 PM
That was my concern, the little cabin washed away

levanty
02-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Love the colours. It's serene and inviting. I'm not sure but the bridge's base seems a little large (wide) in comparison to the rest of the scene. Other than that I think it's beautiful!

Bevahlee
02-13-2013, 10:58 AM
thanks Yvie...It's an old railroad trestle. Not a bridge for water to pass under. In Tennessee, Kentucky and Alabama, probably other mountainous states, they have these to span mountains or hills. They are much heavier than a bridge over water. But thanks for the look and comments. :-)