PDA

View Full Version : Old Journal Question...

RCharleston
02-02-2013, 10:23 AM
I've got approx. 50 - 75 very loose sketches made with margin remarks made over about an 8 year period during interminably long sojourns in various doctors' waiting rooms. A few of the sketches are mildly "political" in nature, one or two of them fairly "politically charged". Most of them are just fairly gestural images of people and situations I encountered in this environment and/or musings about outside subjects stoked by the boredom of sitting for hours. I was wondering if this forum was appropriate for such an older journal that's already done and, if so, how would one go about the uploading?......all 75 at one sitting or in smaller installments? Thanks...

DrDebby
02-02-2013, 12:37 PM
RCharleston, welcome to art journals forum. Glad you stopped by. To answer your question, in a word, yes you can post this older journal if you wish to share it.

As to the nuts and bolts of doing so. It would depend on your desire for feedback or comments. To upload all of them in one sitting it would take many posts (there is a limit to how many pictures you can do per post, I think it's 5) and would most likely not get a lot of comments or views right away because it's a lot to go through all at once. So, it would take time before people went through your thread. Eventually, people will take the time and comment, but it would have to be when they had time. If you posted in smaller increments, say 5 to 10 at a time and let people take a look and comment you'd get more feedback. It would also spread out your work of posting. However, it's entirely up to you and the kind of response you are looking for.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got.

Scattykat
02-02-2013, 03:08 PM
ooh yes, this sounds intriguing, look forward to seeing your journal of sketches :thumbsup: ...

RCharleston
02-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks very much! I'll be posting small groups at a time then and just see how it goes. It'll be awhile......I felt the names & dates in most of the written margin comments should be changed and I'll be taking care of that in Photoshop for a bit before posting anything.