PDA

View Full Version : UnderOrangeMoon

Maysun
09-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Hi all,

This is the first of twenty I'm doing for a gallery.

Maysun:)

pipicacassosso
09-06-2003, 08:30 PM
I like it a lot, May. Good texture and harmony. Are you about to do 20 good ones?? Are you really in Nasik India??

Tamana
09-06-2003, 11:14 PM
she's beautiful, Maysun. Is that YOUR red halo? ;) I love the way her closed eyes and lips and jawline and back of neck glow in the light. :)

Agreeing with Pipi on the textures there. The thickness of that application drives me wild.

somerset
09-06-2003, 11:55 PM
Certainly NOT tortured but decidedly and deliberately different. And the features of the faces narrate. Are their differences part of the narration? I like it...it is kinda mesmorizing after a bit.

Maysun
09-07-2003, 04:33 AM
Thanks, Pipi. Yes, I'm supposed to do GoOd ones. Yes, I really live in Nasik, India - you sound surprised - why ?

Tam - another crack about our halo and surely we'll bItE:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Sep-2003/24983-Twins.jpg

Actually in the ptg. me is the one with the blue face - the one with the glowing neck is the lucky sod who got away :D

No, Somerset, not meant to be tortured at all - I've been constrained in my work lately and I'm trying to get out of that.

Thank you both for looking.

Dahzl
09-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Gorgeous Maysun :D Rich and creamy. Love those textures too!

Hope you share the next 19 with us - looking forward to it! :D

Cheers Dahzl :)

Maysun
09-07-2003, 07:05 PM
tHaNks, Dahzl ! Glad you stopped by !

mike okeefe
09-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Maysun: this is the first I have seen of your work. I enjoy it very much. I put you on my buddy list to follow your progress.

VTY: Mike

Classical Vince
09-09-2003, 02:09 AM
Maysun! Congrats on your upcoming show and your new badge! :clap: :D :clap:

fractalfingers
09-09-2003, 02:13 AM
depth.. needs more depth.

Danny
09-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Ok here I am and yes I do like it. Is this a brush or knife. Love the color transition and impressionstic feel. The texture is like a recent Monet I was luckey enough to see in person and study. Oh an a big congrads from me too on the Gallery showing. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maysun
09-10-2003, 12:41 PM
Mike - I'm so honoured - thank you very much !

A new badge, yes, but better than that a new friend ! :clap:

Thanks for looking in, Vince !

Thank you too, Fractalfingers, but..er...'depth...needs more depth'...that's the story of my life !;)

Ah, Danny, AtLaSt !!!! This is knife. Haven't seen a real Monet ptg myself, but did see some lesser known Impressionists in a show in Bombay - always liked this group - but the actual works are so powerful - I couldn't move ! - I could've stood and stared for ever - but come closing time they kicked me out :mad: