PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Wednesday 30th January 2013**

shipbroker
01-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Good Morning World,

Light night out there and wind stopped for now.

Another busy day so will be back in much later

rgds

geoff

Yorky
01-30-2013, 01:01 AM
Good morning Geoff and all to follow.

Another early post from you Geoff:eek:

I'm awake early too, slight headache after chocolate last night after dinner.

Roofers due with scaffolding this afternoon.

Doug

doppler
01-30-2013, 01:41 AM
Good evening Geoff and Doug.

I have had the luxury of turning on a light, charging phone, and iPad. We have power. I havent done the washing yet. a friend commented that that is very civic minded of me. i replied "I dont like washing" Generator driven power. Thank you Energex. they are having enormous problems at Mt Glorious, less repair than rebuilding. Our friends at Mt Glorious are still without power.

Mt Nebo road was cut until late yesterday. Trees and landslips. its only open to locals at present. The road to Samford is still closed as they work on the lines.

We took the perishable and perished contents of the fridge and freezer to the dump today.

The uprooted jacaranda and bauhinia trees in the secret forest lying over our neighbours drive have been chopped up and removed by a dueling chainsaw combination of Roger and our neighbour.:thumbsup:

It's funny, a single light bulb coming on this morning has brought so much relief.
Im off to turn on taps and flush toilets now, just for the pleasure.

We were coping but it took a lot of change of habit. Quite thought provoking.

:wave:

BBL

Lulu
01-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Evening everyone:wave:
Another beautifully warm one in Paradise......

Im off to turn on taps and flush toilets now, just for the pleasure.

:grouphug: how much we take for granted huh.... :grouphug:

juneto
01-30-2013, 02:26 AM
Glad you are almost normal and safe Annie .
We have frozen for a week 12 D at night , but tomorrow like Spring, 60 degrees !!! Nothing Normal for us.
Again , High winds at night . makes me shudder to think about it , after the Fall occurences .
June:) :wave:

doppler
01-30-2013, 03:33 AM
June, stay safe. Nothing is normal anymore.

Thus did she spake to the elephant in the room and who ever else is listening. Elephant attentive.

CC.:clear:

Our ex cyclone Oswald started in the gulf of Carpentaria, crossed Cape York and then tracked the coast as far as Sydney. Quite a monumental trip. In NORMAL time it should have headed out to sea or become dreary drizzly inconvenient weather for the north.

Whatever. I am enjoying ICE cubes from the fridge. Some neighbours from over the road came for warm gin and tonics last evening :eek:

I drove another neighbour down the newly and one lanedly opened Mt Nebo Road to hospital yesterday. Nothing like fever and a belly ache which she had sat on for two days, cringing in the winds. She is OK. I've heard today.

BBL again

Yorky
01-30-2013, 03:49 AM
Glad to see you have power again and are safe Annie. Strange weather!

Yes, we do take things for granted.

Doug

shipbroker
01-30-2013, 04:30 AM
Wow Annie...that is some area you live in!

Yes another early morning and no catch-up sleep thereafter so listened on my iPod to Fleetwood Mac and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers........

Been into town to use mobile phone and now have appointment after lunch with Registrar and thereafter the Funeral Directors so things starting to pull together....went to the Market but didn't buy anything...too darn cold to stay out frankly......

geoff

kaypainter
01-30-2013, 05:06 AM
Hello Geoff, Doug, Lulu, Annie.

Well I'm here at 2am. :eek: Fell asleep on the sofa watching? Something thrilling I guess. Was going to go to bed but then thought to check emails for something and one thing led to another and . . .

Annie so glad you have power back. Ah yes the things we take for granted. Glad your neighbor is okay.

Saw "Argo" yesterday. Terrific movie!

Must get to bed. Wish I could get Radio 4 on my iPad. I could fall asleep to the Shipping Forecast. Sadly the BBC player only runs on my desktop. :(

Later all.

Kay

painterbear
01-30-2013, 05:11 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just after 5:00 a.m. on a very windy morning here in Oakwood. Springlike weather promised for today, high temp of 63F/20C rain showers, possibility of a thunderstorm. Then back to low temps tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Not much happening Chez Dugan. I'm still putting together lesson plans for my Beginners Class in March. Started painting Char's mushrooms in Monday's class and am happy with the start. :D

Geoff, You have a lot on your mind right now with planning your Mom's funeral and attending to all the business necessities. No wonder you aren't able to sleep well. :o

Annie, Bravo on getting your electricity back. :thumbsup: Enjoy all the things you missed while it was out.

June, We're having the same kind of weather here that you are having. I can hear the wind blowing through the trees as I type this. Stay safe. ;)

Doug, How awful that chocolate gives you a headache...doesn't happen to me. In fact, I claim I get a headache if I DON'T have some chocolate to eat now and then. :lol:

Lulu, Your painting in yesterday's Wash was gorgeous. You are a talented lady in whatever medium you use to create art. :D

:wave: to all who are on their way. White light to all who are ailing or aching.

SYL,

Sylvia

ReggieS
01-30-2013, 05:15 AM
Good morning all, it's 5:15 am and I woke up at 3 as usual. Having trouble falling back to sleep.

We had 5 in of snow last night and now tonight it drizzled and the driveway and yard are all coated with ice! I had to wear my TRAX to walk Greta tonight or I would have slid across the drive on my butt! Today it is supposed to be 50F. A days ago it was -2F!! YES the weather is CRAZY in New England! Thurs it will be back in the teens at night!

Annie, I am so glad you have power, thank God for generators! Hope all is completely back to normal soon!

Well I am going to try go to sleep again.

Have a great day all!

Reggie

Yorky
01-30-2013, 05:17 AM
Wish I could get Radio 4 on my iPad.
Try the Tunein Radio app Kay, you should be able to hear BBC Radio 4. You can actually listen to the radio whilst you are using other apps such as the browser.

Hi Sylvia, windy here, but we have clear skies and 7C today. Rain returns this evening. Like some wine, some chocolate gives me a headache, I stopped drinking wine 25 years ago and I usually stick to Cadbury's milk chocolate, can't eat dark chocolate.

PS Hi Reggie take care on that ice!!!

Doug

Doris345
01-30-2013, 05:41 AM
Good morning washers

Hi Kay and Reggie.
Hello Doug - hope the roofers finally show up!
Annie - Glad you and JJ are OK, that is more important than downed trees.
Geoff, I had hoped that you were starting to break your 'poor sleep' patterns.
Lulu, I loved your landscape.
Sylvia and June, we are also having hte same weathe - warnm, then back to freezing. It's not healthy.

No big plans for the day. I would like to get started on my taxes and I need to do some marketing, but I am planning to meet a friend for lunch instead.
We are meeting at a very nice Sports Complex built on the River - it has golf driving ranges, gyms, all sports (gymnastics, tennis, basketball, etc), a boutique brewery, and a large marina.

Have a good day, and all the best to everyone.

Doris

Scene Chaser
01-30-2013, 06:29 AM
Good Day All,
Seems like our sleeping habits are as abnormal as the weather these days.

Annie, so glad you and Roger are getting back to normal, but so sorry for the destruction and loss of food. Like you say, nothing is normal anymore.

It is 59 F here this morning and raining. My fields are flooded and my sump pump has started. It will run now until the end of May. I always worry about wind taking down trees and shutting down our electricity. We will definitely have strong winds when it gets cold again. I do have a generator.

Bill

Uschi
01-30-2013, 07:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

14C if you can believe it and it has been raining all day yesterday and will continue to do so today. There would ber a lot of snow if it was colder.

Taking Ava to her swimming class this evening, table tennis in the morning and studio cleaning in between.

I am still enjoying going to the gym, who would have thought:lol:

Henry and Lulu, LOVED your paintings!!!

Alan, WOW, what a hunk!!! That is one great photo!!

Anyone with problems sleeping - Dr. Oz had a guest doctor on his show who very strongly recommended a totally natural, homeopathic sleep remedy called "Guna Sleep".

Annie, :clap: :clap:

Bill, my sump pump hasn't gone off yet, the ground must still be frozen.

I hope all with the lurgies are feeling better.

:wave: to all here and all yet to come and :grouphug: to all of you not feeling well!!!

Uschi

olliewood0702
01-30-2013, 08:17 AM
HAPPY HUMP DAY WASHERS!

Warm, rainy and the wind howled all night long. We had heavy rains too. By tonight it's going to get cold and we will receive some "moderate" snow by tomorrow at this time.

I agree with Doris....this weather isn't healthy. I LOVE the mild temps but it's just not normal for this time of year and the up and down can make people sick.:confused:

((DOUG)) hope the headache is gone soon.

((GEOFF)) hugs to you for lack of sleep and funeral planning.

Kay, the last movie we went to see was Argo...FABULOUS movie! Cheers to Ben Afleck.:clap:

Sylvia, enjoy the mild weather because all too soon it's going to end.

Hello there Reggie! Batten down the hatches the wind is heading your way.

Annie, SO GLAD you now have all the conveniences of home. Glad too that you all are okay and that your house survived the storm.:thumbsup:

Bill, have a great day. Our sump pump is constantly going too.

Hello there LuLU of the land of paradise!

June, stay safe from all this wind!

Uschi, whoohoo for you still using the gym. I walked my 2 milies again last night on my treadmill. I'm doing good so far.:smug:

We watched the Detroit Redwings hockey team win last night. It was a great game; they have many new young players that will need to "gel" and get used to playing together but we have high hopes for a good season. We are a team in transition with a lot of veterans that have left (retired).

I hope your day is a great one!:wave: :heart:

WthrLady
01-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Morning all.
Been up since 3 as well, but I was working.
Nothing like hitting the ground running with tornado warnings before your eyes are open.

Sunny, windy, and 73' at 7am. Then it will storm and cool back down to 60.

Waving to all.
Heading back to work, the to the RIL late today.
Have a good day.

CharM
01-30-2013, 08:43 AM
Good morning... it's still raining. The ground is still frozen. Therefore, all that rain is laying on top of any flat surface... it has nowhere to go. Doug's wind is coming our way later today and the temperatures will begin to fall. Potential ice rinks to follow.

After everything that our friends in the Southern hemisphere have dealt with, we cannot complain...

Ted's Dr. fears that he has pneumonia and sent him for x-rays. In the meantime, the Dr. prescribed an antibiotic and some pain medication. DH slept much better last night with those meds and I hope he's finally mending.

I have Class at the Centre this afternoon... our third of five. My Students are making great progress, so today will be lots of fun.

Geoff, it's good that things are now making progress and you'll be able to have some closure...

Doug, your digital paintings are getting pretty darned good! Since I don't like chocolate, I'd never have to worry about its ill effects... :)

Annie... how we take for granted the small pleasures in life. My dear Grandmother always said that if water came from the tap when we turned it on each morning, then it was going to be a good day. You've absolutely verified that! I'm so sorry that your fridge and freezer contents were lost, though... and that some of your trees have been uprooted.

:wave: Lulu and June...

Kay, I'll fall asleep watching *something* more often than not and chuckled that it seems to be a universal behaviour... :lol:

Sylvia, it was thundering away last night up here in SW Ontario!!! Aren't mushrooms fun to paint?

Hi Reggie... please be careful trying to cross the crusty snow!

Doris, I'm thinking that a lunch out with a friend is much nicer than attending to taxes... :)

Hi Bill... we keep intending to buy a generator... it's sure a good safety net...

Hi Uschi... I'm not surprised that you're enjoying the gym! :p

Oh, oh... Skittles has climbed our giant elm tree out front and cannot get down... hmmm... gotta get the guys...

:wave: Darla and Caryl...

I'll be back in a few minutes...

EDIT: Ok... he's been recovered... chasing squirrels... he managed to get up onto the owl house crying his lungs out before being coaxed down. We didn't have to get a ladder, but he needed the moral support. He's in the house sulking.

What do we consider to be "moderate" snow, Darla?? :)

Tornadoes already, Caryl? :eek:

Henry, your Brother's photos are breathtaking!

Flattwo
01-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi to All

Kay, the shipping forecast sends me to sleep as well :lol:

Here are some more photos from northern Thailand that my brother shot

Henry

Temple
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jan-2013/3457-328661_10151250381079853_1498982275_o1.jpg
Butterfly
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jan-2013/3457-220102_10151377291809853_1178362559_o1.jpg
Flower Macro
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jan-2013/3457-305382_10151376485069853_522333887_n1.jpg

olliewood0702
01-30-2013, 08:55 AM
WOW...Henry those pics your brother took are real eye openers! Magnificent photographer; thanks for sharing.

Char...I think you are the only woman that I know that doesn't like chocolate.

WthrLady
01-30-2013, 09:10 AM
We have tornadoes all year around here.

WOW HENRY! Those are AMAZING!

LynnM
01-30-2013, 09:10 AM
:wave: Good day all! Wind howling here too, grey.....I miss the snow when it is gone, it gives so much more light to the world. I guess we will get rain/snow and colder temps by the evening.

Not much happening here either, except more cleaning...somehow it didn't happen yesterday as I got to printing photos for the auction at the school. That can take a while when it is a new image I am working on, I do test strips just like in the darkroom until I get the parameters right. I got a really good version off the printer and realized that it was leaking black ink :eek: Luckily only on the edge of the back of my 'perfect' print. This happened once before, so I mopped up, but not without some panic at the thought of losing my lovely big printer. But it seems to have stopped...I popped out the black cartridge and put it back in in case it wasn't seated quite right, will just have to wait and see.

I like your digital landscapes, Doug, especially the water in the second one, well done! I had a piece of double chocolate cake on Saturday, headache the next day, but it was worth it (I think :rolleyes:)

:eek: Pat, not what you want to see out the window! I hope things get straightened out with Winnie's operation.

Your kitties really like those rings, don't they, Kay....your constant critics!

Thanks for that link, Darla, rather depressing......

Great that you have all the 'luxuries' back, Annie, what an ordeal!

Beautiful photos, Henry!

Have a rewarding day :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Yorky
01-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Your brother's photos are wonderful Henry. Took me a while but I found your Whakatane painting on your website. Terrific!

Doug

Flattwo
01-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Darla, my wife does not like chocolate either...very strange :lol:
My niece has taken up tattooing sp, is your son a well known tattoo artist?

Henry

Flattwo
01-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Thanks Doug, did you visit Whakatane?

Henry

Yorky
01-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Sadly no Henry, we went to Mount Manganui up the coast from there.

Doug

olliewood0702
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Henry,

My son owns his own tattoo parlor in Nashville, Tenessee. He's known throughout the tattoo industry as Josh Woods. Check out the shop's website. He has quite a few guys and one girl working for him now.He's coming to Aberdeen the end of May first part of June. We are meeting him overthere for a little vacation.:thumbsup:

http://black13tattoo.com/

and/or Josh's Facebook page;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Josh-Woods-Art/151278711590649

and some of his work;

http://black13tattoo.com/gallery/tattoos/tags=/artist=joshwoods/

LYnn, I know that article was scary to read. I sure hope those germs die out soon as they are saying it's just past the peak in the US.

Caryl, hoping you don't get any tornado's going through your place! Weird weather these days. We set a record yesterday of 57F and also set one today for 56F. But more cold is on the way.

Wind Song
01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Hi Everyone:wave:

I am not going to my art group today as I have done something to my knee, so I will stay home and take some drugs and just rest. I have no idea what I have done because I woke up like this!

Lulu loved your painting yesterday!

Lynn your cradle is beautiful!

It is really warm here today, raining and fog, but that will change tomorrow!

Well I am off to put my leg up!

Have a great one!

juneto
01-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Syl , Being a real weather watcher these days . I understand that our weather down here comes down from you in an S shape . So whatever you get , we get too . There are other patterns coming from Cape Hatteras too.
They are warning of High winds from 6 tonight until 6 tomorrow :eek: . I shudder to think about wind now . It will be 55 f and the pond has lost the Beautiful skatable ice once again , when it should be frozen solid ! Is that crazy or what ?? It is Feb!!! Not April.:evil:
June:) :wave:

olliewood0702
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
I just read on Weather.com that we are expecing winds tomorrow and 2-4 inches of snow. Most of MIchigan is expecting snow; and the upper peninsula is expecting a foot in some places. All this after record warmth. UGH...not such a nice commute on Friday I'm thinking. June, we get so much wind in this area; mainly because it's mostly flatlands. I HATE THE WIND.

shipbroker
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Evening all......

Very windy but beautiful star filled sky this early evening.....too cold to go and look at them though.....

Still no landline phone......hope fix by Friday!

Have the Certificates and seen the Undertakers and things are starting to get together,however, they still have a backlog from the Christmas period so may be up to 10 days before cremation possible........Death was caused by the post-op infection as was her galloping dementia.......anyway RIP.

Henry..your brother is a great photographer.

geoff

Yorky
01-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Glad thing are working out Geoff.

Still dry here but windy too.

Scaffold is up at rear of the house but they have knocked the satellite dish so we have lost Sky :rolleyes: Luckily we have a strong digital system and we can watch the main channels, iPlayer and all recorded programmes (lots).

Doug

LynnM
01-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Hi Sharon, hope it feels better soon. Thanks for the comment re cradle, she liked it. I saw your wave painting on Johannes forum, looks really nice! I only got half the homework done, so didn't post, still looking at it!

Flattwo
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Darla, Josh is a great artist!

Geoff, thanks :thumbsup:

Henry

Wind Song
01-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Hi Lynn, I have since tweaked that painting a bit, but I think I had better stop and leave it alone! lol

CharM
01-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Hi Everyone... the wind is howling outside and the temperatures are starting to drop... our sky was the oddest yellow late this afternoon... I could have sworn we were in for an awful storm... it didn't happen, but it sure did look scary.

Ted's feeling a little better... when I returned home from Class, he thought he wanted chicken strips in tortilla wraps for supper. So, he went to the grocery store to buy some chicken breasts that I could cut into strips. He came home an hour later with all kinds of good stuff and no chicken! :lol: I had a small pork tenderloin in the fridge, so that was dinner with some broccoli and potato pancakes... I put a bread pudding in the oven to bake while we ate.

My Students have only two more weeks to go and their paintings are really taking shape. Today, we mingled three primary colours on paper so they could watch the "grey" form as the very wet pigment began to dry. It was a lot of fun and there were lots of ooohs and awhs.

Matt got called for a "working interview" on the floor at St. Andrew's Residence this Friday evening. We're pretty happy for him... Now he just has to get through the next hurdle.

Darla, you're a Modest Mom... You didn't tell Henry how well Josh did on the tv show he was in, competing with other tatoo artists!

Lynn, I hope your printer hasn't given up the ghost!

Sharon, I'm sorry you've hurt your knee... I hope it's nothing too serious.

June, there's no skating on our lake this year either... although, there were some young children on the ice a few days ago... I didn't think it was thick enough and it worried me.

Geoff, you're without a phone and Doug's without satellite... you guys are a mess... :)

There's not much to watch on tv this evening... I can't abide Nikki Menage on American Idol, so I'll read awhile and then toddle off to bed. I'll bid everyone a good night or good morning! :)

juneto
01-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Darla , I am scared of high wind now , never was before . Heavy rain will accompany it and thunder storms.
Char ,at least we used to get Some ice on the pond ,now it doesn't even form for a day or two. It was pretty and perfect for a day and then defrosted completely.Zero snow accumulation .not complaining , would just prefer Real winter .
I just saw pics of the Tornados in the South , Really Really bad .
I hope we don't lose everything again tonight .
I am feeling very tense as you might guess ,but can't talk about it or Louie tells me nothing is going to happen. He doesn't see what's coming because he doesn't come to the Computer and see the havoc coming our way .
Oh well , I will try to paint .:cat: :cat:
See you later ,
June:cat: :wave: