PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Joe's $1 Shipping

janinco
01-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Got this notification today:

One Dollar Shipping on Orders over $35! 3 Days Only! Use Promo Code: EJFS - Hurry, Offer Expires Midnight(ET), Thursday, January 31, 2013!

They recently started carrying the M Graham watercolor line. Their Neutral Tint is fantastic for reflective blacks and greys.

Jan

Yorky
01-30-2013, 01:03 AM
Pity it doesn't work internationally Jan.

Doug

olliewood0702
01-30-2013, 08:36 AM
AND it's only for orders UNDER 10lbs and the order must be at least $35.00. I was going to place an order but mine would be over the 10 lb weight restriction; so I will have to split my order and wait on some items.

Mike3839
01-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Jan, I used to be a seim-frequent buyer at Cheap Joe's but lately it seems like their sales and teaser ads are not quite what they say. In yesterdays ad ( the $1 shipping one ) there was a teaser for Millers wall frames starting at $4.99. I've been wanting to buy some frames lately and was prepared to wear out some plastic on this, but when I got to the listings for Millers frames the lowest cost frame was over 12 bucks. I wrote them a note on it but haven't heard back. The web site seems to be too cluttered also, they changed something in it a couple of months ago and I have a hard time navigating in it, slow and locks up. (that's probably my fat fingers though).

Mike

janinco
01-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Darla and Mike, thanks for the heads-up. I called Cheap Joe's and let them know I felt that was deceptive advertising, especially since they won't list the restrictions on shipping until you check out, AND they don't list shipping weights on their products. The customer service rep said that they were getting many complaints and that she would pass it on.

I agree that their website has become very cumbersome. There are a few things that I like to order from them, but after this I think I'll just stick with Jerry's and Dick Blick's!

Jan

Mayberry
01-30-2013, 02:23 PM
It's still a good deal if you want things that fit in the parameters of the sale. I'll have to restrain myself this time though. I agree that the website is a pain to navigate, and the re-design hasn't helped. But then nothing beats the awesomeness of Dick Blick's website.