PDA

View Full Version : Study in Poppies 2

mcdunn222
01-27-2013, 05:15 PM
I would like some comments on the piece. It is pastel on sanded surface. I feel something is lacking and I can't pinpoint it.

Your comments are important.

Thanks.

rossmarie
01-27-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi there. You have some lovely colours in this study and the poppies look great. In my humble opinion, the only thing lacking is a few highlights and some more dark areas. It's interesting that if you look at the picture with half closed eyes, the poppies seem to stand out more and the area under the big blooms appears darker. Perhaps you could have made the background between the stems less "green" and darker and the area above the big poppies slightly lighter. Then the flowers would stand out with more of a three dimensional effect.

What do you think?

regards

Mike:thumbsup:

Octopus Inc.
01-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Beautiful, I agree with the above, but this is gorgeous right now.... That one bud right in the middle with the white bits on the top is distracting me a little though.

mcdunn222
01-28-2013, 06:09 AM
Thank you both. The bud actually is a yellow green. It just came out that way. But the criticism is very good and I will make those adjustments. :)!

tamarqu
02-01-2013, 06:27 AM
I agree with rossmarie. More darks and more highlights. Don't muddy up the rest.