PDA

View Full Version : dreamwork

Noble
09-06-2003, 03:43 PM
My first home made canvas 3' x 4', I'm trying to get a few of these together for my first solo show in Feb.

These close valued pieces are hard to photograph because the incident light isn't totally even and color balance is also difficult.

This is approximately of how it looks, but I think the original is a bit better. This small screen image just doesn't work that well (to me) imagine it 4' across...

Any better title ideas or does it work as is?

Tamana
09-06-2003, 04:19 PM
this looks like it would be beautiful. NOt that I don't like it now, I do; however, it's just difficult to view (on this monitor) with the appreciation I am certain it deserves. I too wish we could see it in it's full light. I'm not technologically literate enough to offer you an alternative, except, perhaps a link to a website if you could get the photo larger? But, I don't know.

Congratulations on your first solo!!! You should let us know the whens and wheres of it all so some of us that live near could possibly attend.

Noble
09-06-2003, 04:34 PM
I lightened it up a little since the web b/g is so light

axxxel
09-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Nice & deep, but still dark.
BTW I feel it intensely

somerset
09-07-2003, 01:53 PM
Nice to see you posting again and please provide details of the show like where/when. If memory serves, you had one in the Baltimore area in the last 12 months. I would have attended that one, just 90 minutes away and I just love Maryland. IMO the most beautiful state on the east coast.

Tamana
09-07-2003, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the lightening, Noble. I can only imagine what this looks like in person. I love that depth, but I love the darkness anyway. And this is inundated with that warm glow playing off silhouettes.

Maryland is beautiful. Ummm Vermont.

Noble
09-07-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by somerset
Nice to see you posting again and please provide details of the show like where/when. If memory serves, you had one in the Baltimore area in the last 12 months. I would have attended that one, just 90 minutes away and I just love Maryland. IMO the most beautiful state on the east coast.
Yeah, the solo show sounds better than it is, but it is a show with just me in it so I guess it qualifies. February is a tough month I think for a show, but it was all I could get so I took it.

It isn't a large one though, only one room of a large mansion. Other things will be going on there as well, and the reception/food etc will be combined with the other events I think.

It will have maybe 6 - 8 peices depending on the size. I'll probably have both non-objective and representational work there, but I'm not yet sure if that will work. It would be very cool to actually meet people from WC IRL! I'll post the particulars when the time gets closer however the details of the location can be found here:

http://www.ci.rockville.md.us/facility/mansion.htm

there is more info in the links of that page.

Noble
09-07-2003, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the comments and observations! Titles are so difficult, I almost want to never have titles but...

Originally posted by Tamana
Thanks for the lightening, Noble. I can only imagine what this looks like in person. I love that depth, but I love the darkness anyway. And this is inundated with that warm glow playing off silhouettes.

Maryland is beautiful. Ummm Vermont.

Thats the basic concept, misty / mysterious etc. I posted another earlier called raized (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94242&highlight=raized) that has the same concept.

I'm trying to explore that in a few variations and see what comes up.