PDA

View Full Version : how to sign monotype?

Veronica
09-06-2003, 03:30 PM
I am clueless how to sign the monotypes I've created.
I won't be doing monoprints so I'm guessing:

1:1 Title Date & Artist Signature

The good news is I am enrolled for a class 9/20 to learn the Akua Kolor inks which I purchased. I have been playing with oils and am hooked on the media, the unknowns.

Thanks for your input and showing me the way.

sassybird
09-07-2003, 02:59 AM
Monotype, Image Title, Name of artist, and the date.

timelady
09-07-2003, 08:05 AM
I don't date mine. (haven't seen this done either?)

Mine are, below the image:
1/1 Title Signature

Tina.

Alan Cross
11-09-2003, 11:40 AM
Veronica Have fun in your class and show us what you do....
Alan :)

Diane Cutter
11-20-2003, 06:23 AM
I'd love to hear your reaction to the Akua-Kolors. I've used them for a couple of years and LOVE them. Let us know after your class.

Diane

Veronica
11-20-2003, 06:31 AM
Hi Alan....I've missed you! Not much time to check out the online scene. Four shows in August kept me in check during the summer and two shows on Friday. Miss seeing your dazzling wc's. ox, veronica

Diane I am totally jazzed to connect with someone using the AK's. I have been working in oils and haven't had a chance to play with the press and inks though I can say I am churning to paint monotypes. Once the holidays are over I plan to settle in and work with this medium. It's so incredibly intuitive and fun. I would love to see your work! veronica

Veronica
11-20-2003, 06:34 AM
Diane the class was informative and in one day we worked with both the liquid and intaglio inks. I much prefer the intaglio for coverage and pigment load. We created monotypes, monoprints, collographs, etchings, etc. and it was lots of data to process in one day. Again, I am hoping to settle in and work with the media in the coming months. I _love_ the Akua Kolor inks! I also like the Daniel Smith intaglio inks as well.

Diane Cutter
11-20-2003, 06:54 AM
Veronica--

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. And thanks for the ink info. I haven't tried the DS inks, although I'm hooked on their watercolors and oils.

We have printmaker Regina Held coming down here (eastern Puerto Rico) who is the artist owner of New Grounds Print Workshop in Albuquerque. She just happens to be taking a vacation down here and she will be giving us a two-day workshop on monoprints (new to the others, review for me). She will also talk to us about preparing our drawings for burning photo intaglio plates. I am totally revved on that one.

As soon as I can get my act together, I'll post some work. I have a site for my other stuff, but not my prints. I've been working a lot in embossing (had two very successful solo shows here in PR) but no matter how I try to photograph them, professional or otherwise, they just don't show well on the web.

Let us see some samples of your monoprints.

Diane

Diane Cutter
11-20-2003, 06:55 AM
Forgot to ask: How did your instructor tell you to sign your monoprints?

Diane

Alan Cross
11-23-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Veronica
Hi Alan....I've missed you! Not much time to check out the online scene. Four shows in August kept me in check during the summer and two shows on Friday. Miss seeing your dazzling wc's. ox, veronica

Missed you also...nice to see you back posting!
Alan :)