PDA

View Full Version : Intro

kjsspot
09-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Hello!

This is my first time in this forum. I just wanted to say hi. I'm taking a printmaking-etching class this semeseter so I'll be reading up here to supliment my learning. I've never delved into prints at all before. I'm finding it very interesting.

Currently we're working on Monotypes.

Anyhoo, as I said, just saying hi. I'm off to read up now. :)

sassybird
09-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Hi kjsspot. Welcome to Printmaking. If you are anything like me you are going to get hooked on printmaking:D Read all you can, and you will be fine. What text book are you using if any? I would suggest that you by "The Complete Printmaker" if you do or don't have a textbook. That is the bible of printmakers, and will give you an overview of all techniques. You can pick one up on Amazon.com for a reasonable price. They usually have used books too that will save you that much more money. Good luck in your class, and please post your results for us to see :)

kjsspot
09-07-2003, 11:53 PM
Thanks! We're not using a text book. She has handouts packaged up for us instead.

I'll post my results assuming they are TOO embarassing! LoL

Alan Cross
10-23-2003, 11:01 AM
Hi and welcome I also would like to know more about mono printing....I have tired it several times but not that good of an outcome...
Alan :)

pampe
10-23-2003, 10:13 PM
kerry

considering how great all your other things are.....no doubt about this!;)