PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Saturday 26 th January 2013***

doppler
01-26-2013, 01:08 AM
Happy Australia day everyone!

Lashing rain, wind and mist all day. But WARM. it was very conducive to inertia so I remained inert for most of the day, apart from the washing and having to use the drier which made the studio insufferable.

Oswald hasn't reached us yet. he is still at Bundaberg region causing havoc (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-26/flood-havoc-as-rain-lashes-qld/4485304?WT.svl=news0).

We get to see his gentility tomorrow.

Yes JJ. Tanks are overflowing :clap: And we have put fire pump to bed.

Henry, Crocodile Dunblane? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve why on earth would anyone need written instruction to stay away from crocodiles? Except the shielas of course. Shiela is slang in Australia for lady. Isn't it Henry?:cool: :angel:

BBL

doppler
01-26-2013, 03:09 AM
OK Lulu, I claim the underarm award? BO. Not my cat.

Trees are behaving like drunken Spanish dancers. Love the rain and mist but can the Wendy stay away ? Wind for those not versed in Mt Nebo language.

Cooking stuff so shall return :wave: K

laudesan
01-26-2013, 03:14 AM
:wave:

Happily soggy here!

I designed myself a travel easel attachment, and Alan made it for me. It is taken off the rather expensive travel easels.

Here is mine. (with Monty) The easel weighs 136grams 4.8oz
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2013/22284-My_travel_easel.jpg

This is the store bought one..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2013/22284-plastic_easel_attachment.jpg

Yorky
01-26-2013, 03:16 AM
Good morning Annie, calm here but we has 2 inches of snow overnight. Fear not, it will go, we are expecting a warm front with 5-7C temperatures by tomorrow.

Hope Wendy is in a good mood by the time she reaches Mt Nebo :) Full tanks and no fire risk anyway.

Saw the dramatic rescue of the boy from the raging torrent on TV yesterday.

Doug

Doris345
01-26-2013, 03:34 AM
Hello washers,

Annie, Happy Australia Day. Inertia is far too rare and much too important to be scoffed at. I am all for it! :) :)

JJ - I like your easel, but Monty definitely steals the photo.

Hi, Doug - glad it is getting warmer. Too bad we can't say the same thing here, with over a week of solid below-freezing temps.

I have cut back my Dieffenbachia to the short bare stumps, and have also sectioned some of the cut=off stalks and plopped them into the pot also. I will post a photo of the sad, sorry creature this weekend. I am just about resigned that the plant is no more. Now I will have to find something else for that favored spot in my living room. I need something tall and full but not too bushy.

I am off to my-brother-the-geek later for a lazy visit . . . and a trip to Sears near his house, looking for a new treadmill. Mine has given up the ghost after 12 years.

Have a good day everyone.

Yorky
01-26-2013, 03:40 AM
Hi JJ, Alan made a super job of your easel. Just the job for your sketching.

PS Hi Doris :wave:

Doug

laudesan
01-26-2013, 03:54 AM
Thank you Doris. Guinevere is pretty special too.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2013/22284-Guinevere_on_sofa_600.jpg
Both she and Monty are 18 years old now.

You did the right thing with your Dieffenbachia plant, (http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/dumb-cane/growing-dumbcane-dieffenbachia.htm) it will regrow. You will have new plants too, if you are lucky. Just keep your plant away from drafts, and not too close to a window. Between 6 to 8 foot is good. Keep it moist, but don't overwater it.

Did you know, their common name is Dumb Cane? So called, because your throat will swell up and you wont be able to speak if you eat the foliage. It is poisonous to cats, dogs, and small children.

Thanks Doug, he did didn't he. I will tell him you said so. :)

doppler
01-26-2013, 04:58 AM
Doris, give your Louis a HUGE HUGE hug.

ona
01-26-2013, 05:26 AM
july ????

Scene Chaser
01-26-2013, 05:40 AM
Good Day All,
It has been miserably cold in the Fahrenheit single digits for a week, and it is not expected to go above freezing until Tuesday. Snow expected for tomorrow, though we really haven't had much of that.

Annie, so glad the threat of fire is over for now. Time to plant in the garden again?

JJ, you'll have a comfortable setup when sketching now.
Your Guinevere and Monty look good for their age.

Doris, my treadmill is eight years old and looks brand new. :) But, I have started to use it again, determined to have a healthier year.

:wave: Doug,

Thinking about Geoff,
Bill

Yorky
01-26-2013, 05:45 AM
January! There must be a prize for that Annie :lol:

Hi Bill, sun is up and it's 3C already here.

I'm having trouble with my left foot, hurts when I put it down flat but not if I walk on my toes :confused:

Doug

ona
01-26-2013, 05:50 AM
so glad i didnt sleep for 6 months ... i would have missed so much if i did :)

(((hugs to all)))

Ona

laudesan
01-26-2013, 05:56 AM
july ????We are not a very observant lot are we :lol:

laudesan
01-26-2013, 05:58 AM
I'm having trouble with my left foot, hurts when I put it down flat but not if I walk on my toes :confused:

DougCould be arthritis, especially if the pain is on the top of the foot.

Scene Chaser
01-26-2013, 06:17 AM
Could be arthritis, especially if the pain is on the top of the foot.

I get that, but only when I am sitting. It usually walks off.

Yours sounds differen't, Doug.
Bill

laudesan
01-26-2013, 06:23 AM
Bill, yes, and if you can walk it off, then I am all the more sure it is arthritis in your foot. I am going by my own feet, and what the Dr's have told me. I increased the dosage of my gelatine. :D

ScarletLake
01-26-2013, 06:30 AM
HI Everyone:wave: :wave:

On Friday we got about 3-4 inches of snow. I was up around 6AM and saw DH off to work at abut 7:45AM and no snow. Went in to take a shower and it started snowing and came down like crazy.

I had not been to the coffee shop since Monday morning and decided to brush off the car, take a book and enjoy it with coffee and friends. The place was full of people by 9am.

Came home around 10AM and stayed inside except for shoveling the walkway and a path to the front porch.

Not much but paperwork and thing to do inside this weekend.

Anita

Yorky
01-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Could be arthritis, especially if the pain is on the top of the foot.

Sounds like muscle pain on the sole of the foot. Sometimes extends to the Achilles tendon. Hopefully it will wear off. I did quite a bit of standing at art class.

Doug

laudesan
01-26-2013, 06:49 AM
Try hot/cold packs. Rub some anti inflammatory into it.

Yorky
01-26-2013, 06:49 AM
I'll try the ibuleve gel Thanks for the suggestion.

Doug

laudesan
01-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Looks like South East Queensland are in for a rough day tomorrow. Destructive winds, King Tides, Tornadoes, and rain, rain, rain. :( My windows are rattling, the rain is coming from all sides, and there are some really strange howling wind noises out there right now. I am 99% I am safe, but I feel for those who aren't.

I am off to bed to listen to the rain on my tin roof! :thumbsup:

Ellen in Ont
01-26-2013, 08:22 AM
:wave: everyone,
Still sick, sick sick. Max is on antibiotics because his fever came back. Son thinks he (my son) might have pneumonia and DIL is still very sick as well. Off to get more lemon and honey for my sore throat.

shipbroker
01-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Afternoon all......

Just the briefest of reports...we have just returned from 27 hours alongside Mam's bedside and thought about 8pm yesterday that she was on her way...shallow breathing and lots of hand grasping.....however she is still going and breathing much better but sleeping a lot...which is good,we are back again after shower and change but won't be spending the night there again despite the kindness of staff with drinks and sandwiches....we are just too old ourselves to do this now...

Heavy snow,worst of the winter so far, but not North American standards..only about 6 to 10 inches in the garden!

Back tomorrow

geoff

Strawberry Wine
01-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Good Day Washers ! - 10 C . here this morning. As the sun rose we had blue skies but now, an hour later, we have clouded over and snow is supposedly on the way.

Annie, July 26th :) I wouldn't mind being transported to that date for a few days hmmmm maybe a week. :thumbsup: Hoping your weather settles down and you can enjoy a few days of perfect summer weather.

FYI I posted this very late yesterday so here it is again for those interested in the cat neuter spaying that Brian was asking about.

Yes, our CSPCA does have a spaying and neutering program. There is one here in York Region,one in Barrie and a new clinic in St Catherines.
There is quite a wait list, which is much shorter for cats then it is for dogs and shorter still for neutering then it is for spaying. It is open to all residents of Ontario and not limited to income or geography. The cost is mninimal.

One is asked not to broadcast the actual fee amount because " local vets volunteer their time to do the proceedures" and it would not be fair to their individual practices.

The clinics are seperate buildings from the regular shelter/adoption centres and all are fairly new and are state of the art facilities.

For more information Google CSPCA and click on spaying neutering programs

Just copied this from our CSPCA site for those of you in the USA

•Clinics utilizing this spay/neuter model in the US have reduced shelter admissions and euthanasia by up to 70%!

Doug, hope your foot pain works itself out... Probably from standing for too long.

:grouphug: Ellen and Family :grouphug: REST, REST, REST ! Hope Brian stay well so he can look after you and everything else.

:wave: to Bill, Lulu, JJ, Anita, Ona, Doris and all who are on their way in.

:grouphug: Geoff and Family :grouphug:

Cheers,

Gail

footman
01-26-2013, 09:28 AM
:grouphug: Geoff and family. Thinking of you at this most difficult time.

I managed to get to my daughter's graduation this week, but I'm paying for it now. My head is really painful and the op site is all swollen. Never mind, this too will pass! I'm waiting for some more energy so I can do some more painting. In the meantime, I'm following Annie's recipe of inertia.

CharM
01-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Good morning from Winter Wonderland... well maybe not quite, but there's enough snow on the ground to make it clean and bright... I love the sleeves of snow on bare tree branches... light as air, it's easy to clean from the porch and walkways... there isn't enough to worry about on our driveway.

I saw Matt off to work this morning and helped him clean off the van before he left... that's one of the yucky jobs that winter brings... he called home when he arrived at work and said the roads are pretty good...

I don't have many chores that need to be taken care of today... I do have a good book to read and a painting to draw out! :)

Kitty herd has been given their morning treats, breakfast and sent outside for awhile... they're back in snuggling on various pieces of furniture... what a life.

Annie and JJ, I hope you stay safe from Oswald... has anyone heard from Carolynn lately?

That's sure a nice easel that Alan's made for you JJ!

Hi Doug... how did your Class make out with that beautiful hibiscus? I hope you can figure out what's wrong with your foot!

Doris, your plant just might come back better and stronger!

Hi Bill and Anita...

Ona, you're SO observant!

((Ellen)) Time to rest.

((Geoff)) I'm so sorry... This is the hardest watch to do...

Gail, we may be in for snow and freezing rain by Monday... not nice... I'll take the snow anytime...

((Kate)) Inertia's not a bad thing!

:wave: All who're yet to come... I hope you have a happy, HEALTHY and creative day!

Yorky
01-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Hi Char, they were making good progress. I'll remember to take the camera next week.

We had about 3 inches of snow overnight but it is thawing here 5C. Hope we get some rain tomorrow to shift it so the roofers can get on with their job.

Doug

LynnM
01-26-2013, 10:07 AM
:wave: Good day everyone! Lovely sun on the snow here, it fell gently most of yesterday, but not much accumulation. Busy day for me, I've been up since 7:30, had to put the last coat of varnish on GD's doll cradle. The designs are from embroidery of 1811.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2013/97813-cradle.jpg

Now have to make the mattress before 2 when my daughter picks me up....and I'm planning to watch at least the first hour of Johannes course.....

Congrats on the sale, Char. I didn't sell any 2-D work this Christmas, just the knitted items, but the gallery as a whole sold more than we ever have over the season :clap: We are thrilled! Now I'm preparing for two shows, digging out frames and printing something to fit them. For the auction I need the newest work plus some old ones, but for the other, it can be anything that I feel would interest people, so I am printing some of the scanned B/W negs as a review of my best work from the past.

Thanks, JJ, yes, I am still taking the gelatine, only once a day now as I am not too keen on herbal teas, and since I can't have cream and sugar in my black tea or coffee, I am abstaining for the most part. Your easel is super!

((((Geoff)))) ((((Kate))))

((((Ellen)))) I'm nervous about our family party today, so often I pick up something from the kids.

Stay safe, Annie, I hope the worst of Oscar leaves you alone.

Sorry about your foot, Doug, sounds a bit like a plantar tendon problem...hope it clears up soon.

All the best to everyone else :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Yorky
01-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Sorry about your foot, Doug, sounds a bit like a plantar tendon problem...hope it clears up soon.
That's the word I was looking for , thanks. I'll research it.

Lovely cradle design.

PS the symptoms fit exactly:thumbsup:

Doug

Scene Chaser
01-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Lynn, the cradle is special. It will be an heirloom for sure.
Bill

painterbear
01-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Good Morning all,

It is a little after 11:00 a.m. here in chilly and snow-covered Oakwood. We got about 3" in yesterday's snow storm so everything looks pristine and clean this morning. I was surprised to see NO tracks in the snow in our back yard. Guess the little deer herd (4 does) hasn't made it to our street yet. I did see a squirrel hopping around in the trees, but I don't think he touched land yet. No feral cats at large either. :confused:

Char, I drew out the mushrooms for Monday's class. Not sure if I'll put in the background before going or just do it all there. Congrats on the sales of your lovely paintings. I noticed on FB that Jane Freeman, watercolor artist, is doing a WIP of a gallery-wrapped painting now too. Seems to be a growing trend since people like them enough to buy them when other sales have slowed down.

Lynn, The little crib is gorgeous. Definitely an heirloom as Bill said.

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY to our Aussie friends here in the Wash! Glad you are getting the much needed rain, but not glad it is causing flooding and havoc.

Annie, You were just testing us, eh, to see who would notice the month. Ona wins the prize!!!! :D

Doug, Now that you know what is wrong with your foot, hopefully you'll find a remedy for it. Sounds really uncomfortable.

Kate, Ouch, glad you made it to the graduation, that's an important event, but sorry you are hurting now. Hope you feel better soon.

Ellen, Extra strong white light and healing vibes heading north for your WHOLE family. :grouphug: too.

Geoff, Thinking of you at this sad time. Your Mom is a fighter for sure, and I'm sure she knows you love her even if she isn't conscious and aware any more. :grouphug:

JJ, Very nice new easel and beautiful elderly kitties. :thumbsup:

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

NancyR
01-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Good morning all. It is raining lightly and totally gray outside, but temperature is in the low 50s.

Doug, you might have plantar fasciitis. I have suffered from it. After wearing the proper shoes and not walking barefoot on the cement floors in our house, I do not have the pain any more. Here is a link to a good article http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004438/.

(((Geoff))), Your mother knows that you are a good son, and she would tell you if she could. Do not feel guilty about going home to rest.

Lynn, The cradle is beautiful and will be treasured.

Annie and JJ, Hooray for the rain! Happy Australia Day!

JJ, love the travel easel. You will have fun using it.

DH is at a baseball umpire's workshop, so I have a free day today. Going to surprise my mother and help her organize her closet and drawers. :)

I will check back later.

olliewood0702
01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Hello all;

It snowed las night but not as much as they had predicted. Just north of us though it snowed more and it would have been quite slippery travelling north so we are glad we decided not to go.

We are cleaning the house this morning and have a few errands to do later. We stayed up to watch a movie last night so slept in a bit this morning. I wonder if we'll see the girls or Matt and Jen this weekend. Probably will if we invite them for dinner tomorrow.;)

We also have some laundry waiting to get caught up.

I painted a little last night on my tulip painting; many, many glazes going on. It's a 1/2 sheet; the largest I've painted in quite a while. I don't know if it'll end up in the bin though...time will tell.:D I will paint more later today.

I still have gift cards from a couple of people from Christmas and I'm deciding what I'll purchase with them. I've been wanting some Masa Japanese paper so perhaps an order to Cheap Joes is in order.:smug: I might also head to the department store and purchase a couple of tops; we'll see.

Annie and JJ...keep safe and hucker down. HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY TODAY!

JJ, what a cute pic of Monty...ohh and your easel.:lol:

Lynn, that cradle is ADORABLE and your granddaughter will love it.

Char, good for you...a relaxing day...you deserve it.

Ellen.. sending ((())) to your son and DIL...that flu is horrendous and now they had on the news last night that the US has an epidemic of a new strain of Norovirus.:( Scary stuff...makes you NOT want to go out anywhere for fear of contracting it.

(((GEOFF)))) thinking of you and your family during this most difficult time.:grouphug:

Doug, I hope your foot pain eases soon.:confused:

Doris, I hope the plant survives for you.

Ona...LOL at JUly date! Take care.

Anita, glad you enjoyed your excursion to the coffee shop.

(((KATE))) do take a day to rest today.:heart:

Gail, don'tcha just wish it were July? But I guess we are wishing our life away aren't we?

Bill, yes more snow tomorrow, then freezing rain overnight...I shudder to think what the roads will be like come Monday morning for my drive into work. I think this afternoon we'll go to look at some new tires for the front of my car; the ones I have now are a little worn and don't have much traction.

Nancy, have a great day! I have suffered from plantar facitus too; very painful.

Sylvia, you got more snow that we did up here. That system even dropped down to as far south as Tennessee; they received freezing rain and ice!

I hope everyone has a most perfect day and that you get to do something you enjoy.

G'day:wave: :heart:

Wind Song
01-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Hi Everyone:wave:

Geoff:grouphug:

Ellen that is horrible that everyone is getting sick!

Kate I hope your head settles down!

Char congrats on the sale!

Doug I hope you get your foot sorted out!

JJ nice job on the easel!

I am doing Johannes on line course this aft!

Have a great one!

CharM
01-26-2013, 12:03 PM
...just baked a huge batch of coconut macaroons... gluten free doesn't get any better than these! Mmmmm good.

I want to make some sesame snaps today, too, but have to go to the Bulk Food Store for ingredients first. The road at the front of our house looks fine, so I imagine driving anywhere today will be fine. As county residents, I can pretty much gauge conditions by just looking out my front door.

Oh gosh, Doug... I wouldn't be wishing for rain... thawing maybe, but not rain at this time of year! :eek:

What a beautiful heirloom you've created Lynn! Your Granddaughter will treasure this and I'm sure it will get passed down through generations! Wash your hands at every opportunity... sounds obsessive, but it may be your best protection.

Sylvia, I'll look up Jane Freeman... these little gallery wrap paintings aren't my preferred "look"... but sales are sales and they allow me to explore all kinds of subjects. And mushrooms are a lot of fun to paint!

Hi Nancy... what a good daughter you are!

I'm off to find something else to do! :wave:

We x-posted Darla and Sharon... Darla, it just doesn't seem fair that, as a working Mom, you have to spend so much of your weekend attending to household chores... :( Sharon, you and Lynn will be having a great time on this webinar, eh? My internet is just too slow...

happhoto
01-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey Ho Washer-O’s!:wave:

I am hopelessly behind on washes :( so will try to just pick up from here and go back as I get the opportunity to review the past washes. Anne went to school on Thursday feeling a bit under the weather, and came home at the end of the day with a full blown case of the flu. She had her flu shot, but evidently she’s still immunosuppressed enough that she got it anyway. Spent most of Thursday night up with her, phone in hand in case I needed to call her oncologist and take her to the hospital.

We made it through the night, and she was quite compliant when we decided to keep her home Friday ( and the way things look it will be Monday as well) . Still it was a pretty rough day and she’s not sleeping well at night…repeated nasal rinses are helping her to breathe but she’s incredibly stuffed up. Fever runs up to 101 (f) at night but we’re keeping it below 100 during the day. I almost suspect it might be a sinus infection but am taking no chances. She’s been off chemo for a year now but still feels some of the residual effects it seems.

Life has been keeping me busy, and I get only short spots and spits on the computer it seems…enough to pop into facebook for a moment and check my emails, then it’s off and running again. I am amazed that I was able to find time for a job all those years!!:rolleyes:

Annie, it seems you’re getting some good drenching rains finally. Too bad you cannot find a way to store all the bounty that is falling beyond the capacity of your tanks!! I am sure the leeches are feeling much revived as well! I confess to loving the sight of trees dancing like drunken Spanish dancers…but then I don’t have any that are threatening to fall on my house (anymore)!

JJ that is a totally neat looking attachment!!:thumbsup: Have you used it yet?

Doug, we had 12 days of no rain this month…almost a record! Had a temperature inversion as well and the air got really “funky” with all the folks who ignored the burn ban running their fireplaces with disregard to the air quality…foggy and cold and miserable (I think that may have been what led to Anne catching the flu as well) but now we’ve gotten a few days of rain and temps have moved back up to the 40’s (F) it’s much nicer again.

Doris! SO happy to see you back in fine form here in the wash!! :clap: Dieffenbachia’s are a pretty tough plant to kill! Give it a chance and it might surprise you! ( keep Louie away from it though it’s poisonous!) Have a good visit with your brother and good luck finding a treadmill! Oops…I see JJ already pointed all that out!!

JJ amazing that you have been able to keep your furkids so healthy as to give them such long and rich lives! They surely love you in return!!

Ona…good to see YOU again as well….but have no idea what “july” means…

Bill, you can keep the single digits…we might even see some sunshine today!! I have treadmills at my health club….but I avoid them there too!

Doug…Google plantar fasciitis. I’ll wager that’s the culprit!

Ok…now I understand the “july”!!:D

JJ what’s the latest on your ankle injury?

Anita…sounds like you had a pretty good Friday! I don’t mind snow…in moderation of course!

JJ few feelings are better than being snug at home whilst the storm rages OUTSIDE! Enjoy the sound of the rain…I love it…I’d better…it’s the most common sound here in the Great Northwet!!

Ellen…ACK!! At least I only have to tend to Anne…:eek: you’ve got an entire ward right there at home!! Good luck and I hope you all get better soon! Lemon and honey here too!!

Geoff, hugs to you and your wife:grouphug: …trying times indeed. My Mom, came home from the hospital on Friday…and immediately wore herself out by going out to the pharmacy and going grocery shopping! She is much happier to be home and in her own bed though.

Gail…you should bring out your photos of your Mexican vacation about now…I’m sure that you’d enjoy that little bit of “summer”!!:wink2:

Kate…good to see you here again too! Yes, rest, rest and REST…

Char well glad that it looks like your clan has finally gotten to feeling better!:thumbsup: I like dry white “powder snow” best…but we more often get the heavy wet kind down here, the powder goes to the mountains…

Lynn, gorgeous cradle!! I just had a magazine call about some shots I did for them back in the mid ‘80’s…now I’ll have to go digging into my slide archives!!

Sylvia…you should try to get some interesting snow photos for future references!! Like in mid August when it’s gonna be hot and humid!!

Nancy, my wife and daughter have both suffered from it…I’ve been lucky, I have good feet…but one lousy knee!

Darla, that’s what I’ll be doing today, cleaning house, taking care of Annie and cooking…probably all at the same time too! Anne was supposed to have a Dr’s appointment on Friday but I called them and they agreed that it would not be good for Anne to come in…for her OR the other patients…almost all of whom are immunosuppressed from cancer treatments. So we’ll hunker down here at home and I think chicken vegetable stew will be on the menu! Something about comfort food!!

Sharon…good to see you back in the wash too!

Char…I have some brownie mix that I got for Christmas…I know I should NOT make it….but……I just might! :evil:

It’s 10 am here and I think it’s time for me to start cooking something …so it will be ready for lunch…I think I’ll put on some DVD’s for Anne to watch..Perhaps some Agatha Christie, she enjoys all of those…or her favorite “As Time Goes By” with Dame Judy…

Have fun today !!
hap

kaypainter
01-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Hi washers,

Well I had a nice day yesterday. Considering the previous two days were pretty icko. I had a muscle spasm between my shoulder blades that started Wednesday and is still under there. Thursday was a full blown migraine with vomiting. I have not had one of those in at least a year.

But yesterday I had a lovely audition for a radio show! Such fun. The senior caucus of SAG/AFTRA used to have these radio play readings all the time, I think probably to keep themselves in shape and amused as we don't really have that kind of radio here in the U.S. any more. (One of the things I really miss about BBC radio. :crying: ) This time they decided to open it up and have auditions for interested union members. Well I had a ball. I had a really good partner and they had us do all kinds of fun voices. Were were using a Blondie script (Blondie and Baby Dumpling), but they are also doing an episode of the Judy Canova show (lots of Hillbilly voices). Great fun.

Then I went off to jewelry class. My teacher said at the end of class to someone that he wanted to go home because he wasn't feeling well. :eek: And I was sitting next to him all class, and he was instructing me, showing me how to file something with my tools. :eek: :eek: :crossfingers: I don't get anything! MY hands are so well washed the skin is coming off.

Today I am seeing a friend who is out from Holland, MI. I haven't seen her in ages. I hope she can fly home with all this weather stuff. We've been having lovely rain. It's sunny now, but another storm is coming in.

Doris make sure when you stick the pieces in the soil there are at least two to three leave nodes in the soil. That is where the roots will form from. They should take if you do that.

JJ love your easel attachment. Is that your camera tripod? Thanks for the author tips. I will try to find them at my library.

Oh Char -- didja haveta? Could you push one of those macaroons through the screen at me?? I love coconut macaroons! Happy Belated Anniversary!

Happy Australia Day!

Lynn that cradle is soooooo gorgeous. I had an audible intake of breath when I saw it. Yes an heirloom for sure. I hate to say it, but a pillow case and blanket with that embroidered on it would be beautiful -- Next Christmas?

Nancy and Lynn you beat me to it. I was going to say tendonitis Doug. Be sure next class you wear some arch supports. Dr. Scholls over here make ones you can buy at the drugstore. Or a compression stocking (http://www.hammacher.com/Product/82807?cm_cat=ProductSEM&cm_pla=AdWordsPLA&source=PRODSEM) for that foot would be good (24/7).

Oh ((((Ellen))))) I am sorry all of you are so sick.

Hi Hap you snuck in while I was typing. Well that really didn't take much sneaking at the rate I type.

Bill I'm with you on "The Hobbit." I just recently re-read the whole thing, but I hated "The Lord of the Rings" movies. I even had a free screening to attend of "The Hobbit" and didn't go.

((((((Steve))))))))

((((((Geoff))))))))

Pat I hope you get all the surgeries and the bank stuff and the shower sorted. Sometimes it's all the niggly stuff all the time that just wears you down. Have a great night out with your friends. You deserve it.

Well it's getting late and I need to get the day going.

Oh I almost forgot -- I saw a lovely movie the other night, "Hitchcock," with Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren. I don't know why the critics didn't like it. I thought it was wonderful.

HAWLTAIN

:wave: :wave:

Kay

wcartistsr
01-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Only a scan of the wash. See some are still very sick and I wish them wellness very soon. Geoff, so hard to watch and wait. Thinking of you. Lynn, beautiful cradle. That will be an heirloom for sure.

I am busy making some pillows for the living room. Got two made yesterday and have two more planned. I also think I want to take a couple of the 20" pillows that came with the sofas and cut them down to 16 or 18" ones. They are just too big to be practical as far as I am concerned.

May fabric for the chair pads in the kitchen came, so I will also be working on those. Quite a bit of sewing ahead, but I plan to take breaks and take my time as I want to keep painting also. Need to finish up the hydrangea as the Artist's Guild show is coming up the end of February and I would like to enter it.

Better get moving.

Shirley

Uschi
01-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!!

SUNNY:clap: still cold but NO wind:clap: Tomorrow will be warmer and some snow is expected.

I played table tennis this morning, have had my lunch and rest and now for some housework.

Everyone has already said what I would have said so "what they said":)

(((((((((Geoff)))))))))))

Hap, great to see you here, sorry Anne has the flu.

Lynn, LOVE that cradle, I want to play with it:)

July??? - No thank you, I want my favorite Spring Months first!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope all of you with the lurgies get better quickly!!!!

:wave: Uschi

ona
01-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Good Morning all,

Char, I drew out the mushrooms for Monday's class. Not sure if I'll put in the background before going or just do it all there. Congrats on the sales of your lovely paintings. I noticed on FB that Jane Freeman, watercolor artist, is doing a WIP of a gallery-wrapped painting now too. Seems to be a growing trend since people like them enough to buy them when other sales have slowed down.

Sylvia
I have been encouraging Jane Freeman to do some small ones like this for her to sell locally (we have become good friends on Art Colony). She is doing them beautifully isn't she :)

(((Geoff))) (((Ellen))) (((Kate)))

Sylvia... its the teacher in me that spots the mistakes. Mind you for a bunch of artists you lot are not very observant are you :lol:

I'm off to paint again. Ted's eyes are calling to me :)

Ona

Lulu
01-26-2013, 03:21 PM
January! There must be a prize for that Annie :lol:

Annie, you are now the recipient of the red ears, red face, red everything!!!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2013/1118-22284-11613-rofll.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2013/1118-22284-11613-rofll.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2013/1118-22284-11613-rofll.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2013/1118-22284-11613-rofll.gif

Away for the day..........bbtn:wave:

shipbroker
01-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Right...ever so briefly.............we left here straight after I had posted and got to hospital about 20 minutes before my Mother passed away.......such relief all around...

Back tomorrow

geoff

Yorky
01-26-2013, 03:48 PM
:grouphug: Geoff and Eileen :grouphug: hard times.

Doug

Uschi
01-26-2013, 03:49 PM
.......such relief all around...
geoff

Yes, but still sad and for that a :grouphug: I am so glad you made it there in time Geoff - no guilt.

Uschi

kaypainter
01-26-2013, 03:54 PM
So sorry Geoff. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Kay

Flattwo
01-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Geoff. I'm so glad you got there in time, please accept our sincere condolences from Lesley and I

Henry

happhoto
01-26-2013, 04:35 PM
So saddened to hear your news Geoff...no way to prepare for it and no way to avoid it in our lives. Hopefully your Mother's passing was peaceful and you know you have my deepest sympathies. :grouphug:

Here, Annie is napping in her chair in the living room...so I am trying to be quiet...the computer is "almost" quiet!

hap

shipbroker
01-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks for your thoughts/hugs etc........all welcome as ever......

Yes plenty of peace now for all of us.......tonight Eileen and I have been into the pub ( you know the one Bill!) and bought a couple of drinks out of my Mothers loose change and said cheers!

Raining now so shnow should go soon.......

geoff

doppler
01-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Geoff ((((())))) Glad you got there.

Red faced, I am :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nasty winds and rain here. Quite mesmerizing watching the whirling trees.:eek:

Edit ... Just lost power. It's going to be a long day.

iPad still charged :thumbsup:

painterbear
01-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Geoff,
I'm so glad you were there in time to say Goodbye to your Mother before her passing. May she rest in peace and commiserations to you and Eileen.

Annie,
Hope the storm doesn't do any damage to your lovely gardens and home. :crossfingers: you get your power back quickly.

:wave: to all.

SYL,

Sylvia

Wind Song
01-26-2013, 05:34 PM
:grouphug: Geoff, so sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. My sincere condolences to you and your family!

NancyR
01-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Geoff, I am so sorry that you mother has passed. I am glad that you made it back to the hospital to be with her in the end.

doppler
01-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Two trees down already Sylvia. :eek:

FLNH
01-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Geoff, my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

CharM
01-26-2013, 06:17 PM
((Geoff and Eileen)) It's indeed a sad time and my thoughts are certainly with you... it's important that you were able to say goodbye to her and I hope it eases your grief a little.

((Annie)) :crossfingers: for no more damage...

Scene Chaser
01-26-2013, 07:15 PM
My heart is with you and Eileen tonight, Geoff. How fortunate you were to have your mother with you for so long a time.
Bill

New Gamboge
01-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Geoff and Eileen - my condolences - Betty

laudesan
01-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Still sick, sick sick. Max is on antibiotics because his fever came back. Son thinks he (my son) might have pneumonia and DIL is still very sick as well. Off to get more lemon and honey for my sore throat.:heart: I hope your son, gets himself off to the DR!! Big hugs!!

:grouphug: Geoff :grouphug: I am glad you were there, both of you. You can rest easy now, knowing all is good.:heart:

(((Kate))) I am glad you made it..

Lynn, that cradle is absolutely gorgeous!! You don't have to have the gelatine in just tea or coffee. You can make it up in hot water, or hot juice in the winter. Sprinkle it on your breakfast cereal, or yoghurt and berries. There are a number of ways to get it into your system :( :heart:

Sylvia, thank you for the Australia Day wishes. :)

Char, Carolynn is plodding along. Did you use almond flour in your macaroons? I love almond flour in my baking, when I do it.

Darla, I am happy you are painting!

Hap, I am so sorry Annie has got the flu. Huge hugs, I hope she can shake it sooner than later.

In answer to your "have I used my easel yet?" question. Under present weather conditions, no.:lol:

Yes these two kittys' are in pretty good health. I am still hurting over the loss of Zoe, and I do wonder, if I had done something differently, she would still be with me too. She was the youngest, and I thought the healthiest. I didn't realise she has a hyperactive thyroid, until too late. :crying: I will never forgive myself. (no comments necessary)

Ankle. I have had an MRI and will see the specialist again on the 30th January.

Kay, yes, that is my camera tripod. It really is too light for photography, so I use it for painting. I have another one in the studio, a cheapie I picked up in a charity store, because one leg has a slight bend in it, that, if lighter than this one, will do better.

Fingers crossed for your audition.. You reminded me, I have had a request, from ABC (http://www.abc.net.au/)to use my possum video's for a documentary of their. They will pay me, and I have to sign a release. Oh they will credit me as well. :-)

As for the muscle spasm, have you got a TENS machine? I love mine, have had it for years, and it is invaluable for relieving all sorts of nerve/muscular pain.

Your instructor should have been wearing a mask :(

Happy sewing Shirley.

The wind is fair howling now, the trees are bending, the rain is falling in every which way direction. The windows are rattling so loud. When a plane goes overhead, which is really rare for hear, they sound so loud mixed in with the wind. It is eerie. I am loving it, as long as there is no damage.

Quite mesmerizing watching the whirling trees.:eek:
Isn't it. I have a lot of dead branches in my back yard. I must say, I am not at all game to look at the neighbours gum tree, next to the side of the master bedroom.

laudesan
01-26-2013, 09:47 PM
If you look at this link, (http://www.weatherzone.com.au/radar/qld/brisbane/64km) you will see, Mount Nemo is taking a lashing right now..

You can also see, Annie is not that far from Brisbane CBD

I am between Brisbane and Manly..

WthrLady
01-26-2013, 09:56 PM
(((Geoff)))

message from Anne on my iPad.
"Power is out and so wifi is out. I suspect it will be a few days before its back on. Weather here is officially vile. Some of the gusts have been horrifying. House will be ok. Glad we pruned the jacaranda last winter. Big flame tree out the back was blown over. It's taken probably three other trees with it. Long way from the house."

Guess we'll see her in a couple days.

Yorky
01-27-2013, 02:55 AM
I hope Annie, JJ and our other friends in Queensland remain safe and with no damage to their property. :crossfingers: Trees can be replanted.

Doug

LynnM
01-27-2013, 11:37 AM
My condolences, Geoff, a relief, yes, but good you got there before the end.