PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Friday 25th January 2013**

shipbroker
01-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Good Morning all

Sky very bright here but can't see the moon Still dry and the forecast snow showers before the rain never came

It is going to be a long long day whatever today so back much later

geoff

Lulu
01-24-2013, 11:17 PM
Thinking of you ((( )))

CharM
01-24-2013, 11:31 PM
((Geoff))

Hi Lulu...

I hated the Hobbit... it was too long... there was more "action" than plot... :( And I really don't do well with those 3D glasses on account of my own trifocals...

Anyway... it's bed time. G'nite!

doppler
01-25-2013, 02:03 AM
Good evening.

Hugs to YOU Geoff (((())))

Hi Lulu and late Char.:wave:

Dumbo here volunteered to work this morning so the whole day was thrown out of kilter. Got home with the shopping at the dental hour. Bucketing rain in parts this afternoon and thick thick mist. Ex TC Oswald is approaching. All good.

After putting shopping away, I treated myself to lethargy :lol: :lol:

Here (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-25/oswald-brings-flood-chaos-to-queensland/4483478?WT.svl=news0) is the flood coverage.

OK I get the irony of the fire gel delivery being delayed by floodwaters. :lol:

BBL

Lulu
Hi Char, I wondered about the Hobbit too......not that keen to see it.

I wouldn't normally quote our prime minister but I have to tell you what he said about the man who reportedly wants to do away with cats............he said 'he's barking mad' :lol::lol: :thumbsup:

doppler
Oh Lulu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lulu
01-25-2013, 02:32 AM
Hi Annie :wave: :D He also said his own cat couldn't catch a cold let alone a bird lol
Gary brought in a live baby rabbit this morning, then proceeded to chase it through the house....he didn't quite know what to do with it so John rescued it.

Flooding now?? :eek:

doppler
01-25-2013, 02:39 AM
Drought and flooding rain :rolleyes: I love love LOVE this land.

Also better than dry dry dry summer and dry dry dry winter .... and the inevitable.

juneto
01-25-2013, 02:49 AM
JJ , Don't ever apologize for cryng. You know how you feel .Cry if you need to .
Louie had it many times and said it Was Harrowing .The position and the sound was awful. He is not a cry -baby either, in any way .
June :cat: :heart: :wave:

Yorky
01-25-2013, 04:08 AM
Good morning all. Dry here but with leaden skies and snow expected later today.

(((Geoff))) our thoughts go with you.

Thank goodness for rain Annie but why does it always come in heavy bursts :rolleyes:

Heard from the roofer, he starts Monday :thumbsup:

Yes Luklu, I heard the Hobbit was over long.

Doug

Lulu
01-25-2013, 04:10 AM
Yes Luklu,

Hi Doug, is that a mixture of Kuku and Lulu???;)

Hi June:wave:

Better go put the kids to bed and then go ourselves:)

laudesan
01-25-2013, 04:18 AM
I wouldn't normally quote our prime minister but I have to tell you what he said about the man who reportedly wants to do away with cats............he said 'he's barking mad' :lol::lol: :thumbsup::lol: :lol:

June, thank you..:heart:

It rained all day here today. A good light soaking rain. :thumbsup:

((((Geoff))))

I have just finished reading Bryce Courtney's last book Jack of Diamonds. I enjoyed it.

Supper time. :wave:

Yorky
01-25-2013, 04:19 AM
Hi Doug, is that a mixture of Kuku and Lulu???
Well, you are just a bit Kuku :lol:

Doug

Lulu
01-25-2013, 04:22 AM
Well, you are just a bit Kuku :lol:

Doug

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jan-2013/1118-13.gif

Yorky
01-25-2013, 04:36 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug

Doris345
01-25-2013, 04:39 AM
Good morning washers.

((Geoff)) - whether you want it or not! So there!

JJ - I also hate MRI's, I once deliberately started flailing to get out when they kept saying 'almost done' and ignoring me. Now I insist on sedatives in advance, and still only barely manage to get through it.

Re: my dieffenbachia - - I am going to take your suggestion, JJ, and cut it all back, and even cut some of the stems to lengths for planting. Not much else I can do. All my books say "warm."

Lulu - your PM is right on the mark. What a looney-tunes that guy is.

It is cold, cold, cold here. I hate it. Snow forecast for tonight. I hate snow also. Time to visit my big brother in Florida. If only!

Warm thoughts and sweet dreams to all.

Doris

Scene Chaser
01-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Good Day All,
I'm glad to see everyone in a fun mood this morning.

It is lightly snowing here. Ms. Feral is fed, watered and snug in her bed cave.

Glad you are getting the needed rain, Annie.

Too bad about your dieffenbachia, Doris. I guess it's time for it to start over and come back even stronger.

I'm not fond of movies from great books. I loved the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but hated the movie. I'll not see The Hobbit.

Thinking about Geoff and his family.
Bill

Uschi
01-25-2013, 08:16 AM
OK I get the irony of the fire gel delivery being delayed by floodwaters. :lol:
BBL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

((((((Geoff)))))

Still cold here without the benefit of the lovely sun.

Lulu, the kitties are certainly bringing some excitement into your life :lol:

Char, hope you are feeling better and :crossfingers: :crossfingers: for Matt!!!

JJ, when it rains, it pours:rolleyes: Hope you don't have any flooding.

Hi June and Doug.

:wave: Uschi

CharM
01-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Good morning! We're warming up and it's -7c this morning with a little snow on the way...

Ted and I were thinking of making a quick run to Windsor (Ontario), which is only an hour's drive... but in the snow? We'll see... Some of our regularly purchased Costco items need to be replenished but could wait a few more days if necessary... Mother Hubbard's cupboards have nothing on my bare shelves...

I'll varnish my poppies this morning. The fixative finally feels like it has cured. I need to get something else drawn out and haven't made up my mind about what I want to paint... I have a couple ideas that are percolating... :)

My cold has not let go. I am the breeding ground for a whole new life form.

Flooding, Annie? Seriously? (tongue in cheek) - It never rains but it pours... :rolleyes:

Too funny, Lulu... Our kitties are great hunters... sadly, they do sometimes do what comes naturally to them... but most of the time, they bring us their prizes as "catch and release"... We've chased everything from moles to bats to frogs to bunnies...

June, I don't think that anyone actually LIKES these tests...

So good that you've found your errant roofer, Doug... It wasn't just that the Hobbit was over long, but it really lacked depth of plot...

:clap: for soft rain, JJ... good soaking for the garden.

Doris, I sure hope you can salvage your dieffenbachia in some way...

Hi Bill... Is Ms. Feral's shelter right by your patio door?

Uschi, we were so happy for the telephone call... Magoo has been getting discouraged and, of course, working at the Superstore is just demoralizing. Anyway, it's a positive and I think he'll do fine.

I wish everyone the very best possible day... :heart:

Yorky
01-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Well, we ha a few flurries of snow but it didn't amount to anything.

Just watched a wonderful documentary (http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/log-cabin-simplicity-recrafting-pioneer-tiny-homes/) on salvaging and rebuilding old log houses in Iowa. The man is a hero in my book.

Doug

olliewood0702
01-25-2013, 08:53 AM
TGIF...for me!

I'm so glad it's finally Friday and the weekend is here; I can start mine when I get out of work at 5pm.;)

Thinking of ((((GEOFF))) and his family too.:heart:

LuLu, you are not KuKu...just fun-loving.:D

Annie, glad you are getting rain finally; but floods aren't any good.

JJ, I know most of the people that I know who've had MRI's have a problem with the enclosed case they roll you into. Here we have one that is larger and the top of the machine is about 3 feet above you...I asked for that machine because I get claustraphobic. Many hospitals are replacing those smaller machines with the larger ones because of this reason. I'm glad you are getting some soaking rain.

Doris, I HATE snow and cold too. We are expecting a couple of inches today so my commute home could be a bit icy but we will have temps a tad warmer...around 20F:thumbsup:

Doug, you have been getting more snow these past two winters than you've probably had for many, many years hey?

Char, I never wanted to see the Hobbit; but there are a couple of other movies that are showing that I'd like to see. We may go tonight or tomorrow.

Hello June, you must be getting the frigid temps now.

Bill, you are so good to Ms Feral and I know she appreciates it when she lets you pet her.

Uschi, enjoy your day; I walked 1 3/4 miles last evening on my treadmill. I'll work up to 2- 2 1/2 miles soon. I used to walk 3 miles every night but Dr Oz says if you exercise more than 30 minutes a day you are wasting your time and I choose to listen to Dr Oz.:lol:

We have to get back to doing our remaining loveseat. We are thinking about it.:lol: (procrastinating again)

I called my Mom to tell her we weren't coming and she said she didn't blame us. She said they are expecting snow too and to wait until we can have a clear weekend to drive. She's the best.:smug: She is having another MRI this morning; she said the final test as she's tired of going to doctors. So far everything has come back okay. She is feeling much better and improving everyday.

DOUG, that guys is AMAZING...I really enjoyed watching that documentary. We have tons of old homes like those here in Michigan; it would be nice to have someone do that here. I just hate to see the older homes razed and not re-built for future generations. What a slice of history; the stories that those walls could tell if only they could talk.

Enjoy your day/evening everyone!:wave: :grouphug:

Strawberry Wine
01-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Morning Washers!

-12 C with grey skies. Yesterday was bitter cold but the skies were so blue with not even a wisp of a cloud. It was lovely sitting in our living room with the sun streaming in the southern windows. :thumbsup:

:grouphug: Geoff :grouphug:

JJ, Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, I was only wondering if they put your ankle in a bad position that was really hurting and that was what made you cry. I know how long you have to keep absolutely still.

Doris, I agree, cut back everything that looks dead. Do not overwater and just wait and see. If the roots did not freeze and the frost only damaged the leaves you should see new growth in a few weeks sprouting from the main stalk. I too would love to be somewhere warm.

Char, hope you are feeling better today... Where did you go for dinner? I don't think I would like the Hobbit either.

EDIT : I missed the phone call news re Matt. Did he get a nursing job offer?

Lulu, Love the quote ! I think Gary has become a "gift giver" you lucky girl :)

Annie, feast or famine, eh?

Cheers,

Gail

cloudchaser
01-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Good day to everyone,

Cold here with chance of snow later.

((((Geoff)))))

Regards
Tony.

painterbear
01-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 9:00 a.m. here in snowy Oakwood. It is coming down to beat the band. We may get 2" or 3" by the time it is over later this afternoon.

Larry and I will stay indoors today. We did our shopping yesterday because we knew the snow was on its way.

I'm still revising my lesson plans for the Beginners Class. I hope to get the basic techniques done by Day 3, then use the rest of the sessions to demo and have them paint the Magnolia Blossoms Char did with us at the last WC Gathering. :D Trying to get the Handouts in order so they can take them home and practice (if they will do that. :rolleyes).

Darla and Uschi, :thumbsup: on your treadmill jaunts. Way to go. I'm still riding my stationary bicycle each day too.

Darla, So glad your Mom seems to have overcome her depression and is feeling better and better as time goes by.

Geoff, :grouphug: for you and your family at this sad time.

Bill, If men can have "man caves", why can't Ms Feral have a "cat cave"? ;) She is such a lucky lady...has her freedom to roam and be feral, but also has her human to help her out when times are tough. ;)

Char, Congratulations to you and Ted this first day of your 27th year together. ;) :crossfingers: for Matt...he'll make a great nurse, hope this job is a good match for him.

June, I don't think that anyone actually LIKES these tests..

Amen to that! Some of us tolerate them better than others, I guess. As Darla said, the newer ones are easier on people, just like the new Mammogram machines are. I was pleasantly surprised the last time I had one...soooooo much easier to tolerate for sure. :D

Annie, :clap: on your getting the much needed rain, although the flooding isn't good. Hope it helps fill your reservoirs and gives all the trees and plants a much needed drink.

Saw on our news today that the CDC (Center for Disease Control) is warning about Noroviruses that are heading our way from Australia. Not visitors we want to see. :o

Doris, Poor plant. Hope you can at least get a shoot to start growing from it.

:wave: to Doug, Lulu, JJ, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

olliewood0702
01-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Syl those noroviruses are horrible; short lived but nasty. They are spreading like wildfire around here. So far we've eluded it but it's probably only a matter of time that Klaira gets it from daycare and shares with us all.

Waving to Tony and Gail!

lifespalette
01-25-2013, 09:40 AM
A good Friday morning or evening to all.........it's chilly and wet here today with freezing rain just to the north of us....hope it stays up there. Drivers in Memphis have difficulty with wet streets let alone icy streets.....so glad I basically work from home and don't have to get out if I don't want to.

My mom is still improving just to spite the Doctors....however, now my MIL is in the hospital with bacterial pneumonia and this morning at 4:30 we get a call that they are moving her to the ICU and intubating her to ease her difficulty in breathing due to the fluid and congestive junk in her lungs for the next couple of days to give the antibiotics time to do their thing...........I'll be honest with you, I'm about hospitaled out.

My wife thinks we need a couple of weeks on some beach down in the Islands without cell phone signals........I countered with a cabin in the mountains with a trout stream and no cell phone signal. I see a protracted game of rock, paper, scissors in our future.:crossfingers: :crossfingers:

Was actually hoping that we could get back to a normal routine after my trip out west, but I guess it's just not to be right now......paintings will just have to wait for now, but I can hear those new watercolors calling my name..........

Geoff: Keeping you and your mother in our thoughts and prayers.......hang in there man.

Just saw a news report about crocodiles on a rugby field and that the players had to be warned not to approach or mess with the crocs...... duh....who has to be told not to approach a croc on a rugby field? Maybe we should just let nature play out.........a good culling of the human herd is needed sometimes.....especially if you have to be told not to play with the crocs.......

Hoping for warming trends for those trapped by cold and snow, healing energies for those sick, comfort for those in need and brilliant inspiration for all at work today.............and folks........please don't play with any crocs today.

Peace, love and hope...............Steve:)

LynnM
01-25-2013, 09:41 AM
:wave: Good day all!!! still cold here, thank goodness I get a ride to the grocery store this morning, groceries and coffee klatch, a social event! Went dancing last night for the first time in about 8 months.....went well, this new way of eating is helping my arthritis, too :)

Have to dash, BBL..........

Ellen in Ont
01-25-2013, 09:44 AM
:wave: everyone,
My son says Max is feeling better but he and DIL are terribly sick. I came home from work early and called in sick for today with it as well. And this is just the start of the daycare spread illnesses. :rolleyes:

Char - we took our rescue Siamese in for her shots last year and to get an estimate for neutering her. They are going to charge $675.00! :eek: we haven't had a chunk of cash to use for it yet. Two hundred would be a bargain. With the length of time you guys have had your colds, maybe you should get some antibiotics. It might be a secondary bacterial infection now.

Lots of hugs to everyone else. I'm feeling too yucky to visit more.

seedy
01-25-2013, 10:39 AM
The "catty" remarks seem to be finding cat owners rather angry. Now then, if only cats could get rid of our Canada geese, we could arrange a wholesale importation of cats to Canada, but methinks the geese would be all over the poor cats.
Ellen
A friend just had a quote to "do" her dogs teeth....$700...
While I'm here, what's up with the CSPWC?. Is there any life in that group at all?

Europa
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Geoff - keeping you and your mother in my thoughts ((()))

Belated Happy Anniversary to two of my favourite people - Char and Ted :clap: :clap:

Well we had a busy day yesterday - the man came to go over the remodelling of the bathroom for Mum - we managed to get a lot of our concerns alleviated - so it is all set for March 7th - hopefully won't take more than a few days.

Then we had a leak in the shower in the attic ensuite so we got a plumber out for that - ended up getting a new shower which will be fitted soon. John said the plumber (who we know) was looking at £200 ones - John put him right and said we dont need a posh shower as it isn't used that often..lol.

Am a bit miffed.....I tried to reclaim my Personal Protection Insurance from my MBNA card due to having felt I was mis sold it. MBNA refused so I sent it to the ombudsman who after a year decided in my favour. Now MBNA are disputing his decision and have appealed so now I have to wait for another decision. The television ads over here make it seem so easy - I always seem to have to fight for things that come so easily to other people........ok rant over.....lol.

Still waiting to hear from the hospital as to whether or not Mum will be going in for her op next week. I also had to ring the doctors to find out about renewing the tablets the chest doctor gave her - they said they had no record of it so had to ring the consultants secretary who said she will get the notes out and see what the consultant has to say. So have to call the doctors next week to see whether I can get the tablets again.

Mum is getting worried about this operation and whether or not she will survive it - I had a good long talk with her and told her that she wasn't to worry as I will ask as many questions as possible and work out the pros and cons for her. Told her that by the time she has the shoulder done - her eyes done and her knee seen to she will be a new woman by summer. :thumbsup:

Am out tonight with 'the girls' - am looking forward to it although it has started snowing a bit here again - more sleet really than snow but I will definitely not be wearing a skirt - too cold.....its a jeans night....lol

Interesting comment about getting rid of cats - loved the reply. There is debate on at the moment as to whether or not it is worth spending money to keep pandas or to just let them die out. Seems the amount of money spent on them isn't worth it as they are very difficult to breed and the money could be spent elsewhere on more deserving conservation.

Figures bandied about say it costs £70,000 a year to keep the ones in Edinburgh zoo plus the one million a year they pay to the Chinese govt for the loan of them. Hmmmmmmm - interesting to see what outcome if any results from this.

Sending white light to those who are sick.....and hugs all around.

Better go and check on SWMBO - see if she wants a cuppa.

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Yorky
01-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Just checked back. Best wishes to Matt at his interview Char :crossfingers:

Got a covering of snow.

Doug

NancyR
01-25-2013, 01:04 PM
We had 75 degrees yesterday, and today we are barely breaking 50 degrees. I had to run to the county seat to reapply for my Homestead and Over 65 deductions on the house. I was back in one hour, so I did not have to deduct any time off.

:grouphug: :grouphug: Geoff:grouphug: :grouphug: Words cannot express what I can only imagine you are going through.

Char, I wish Matt the best of luck on his interview:crossfingers: .

Pat, Hope everything goes well with your Mom's upcoming surgery.

Have to get back to work, but hugs and white light to all in need.

Flattwo
01-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Hi to All

Happy Robert Burns day, I will be getting tucked into haggis and neeps shortly!

Andy Murray has reached the final of the Australian tennis open....well done Andy!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jan-2013/3457-ANDY+MURRAY+spoof+film+poster+_CROCODILE+DUNBLANE1.jpg

We were at the pain clinic earlier, the doc prescribed lignocaine patches to ease my wifes nerve pain, never heard of them before but she will give them a months trial

Take care Geoff

Speak later

Henry

juneto
01-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi Lulu , Uschi, Darla, JJ and Char , everyone !
Happy about the rain Annie .
We are having freezing temps in the teens daytime And night .
Really nasty , but we don't go out in it, so we are cozy .
June:) :wave:

LynnM
01-25-2013, 01:34 PM
My fridge is very full now, fresh veg take up so much room!

And Happy Rabbie Burns day to all Scots out there! Also Hurrah for Andy Murray, our guy lost but he's still young, lots of time for him to get further. Hope the pain patches work, Henry.

(((Geoff)))

Love the zentangles, Judy, they are fascinating!

Super hibiscus yesterday, Doug, would love to see what they made of it.

Darla, I used to worry about one of my GS too, he was small for his age and just never ate much at mealtimes, too much distraction....now he is 9 and although he has a limited diet, is gaining and growing, and it certainly hasn't affected his brain. I hope Klaira comes along like that too.

(((Char and Ted))), and happy anniversary!!!

(((JJ)))

Greetings to everyone else, hope you have a rewarding day :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

olliewood0702
01-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Lynn, Jen has gotten all good reports on Klaira; actually she is above the norm for some skills. If the doctor isn't worried then Jen shouldn't be. I remember worrying about Justin when he was a baby; but the doctor said he'll eat when he's hungry. I just think Klaira is sort of a picky eater and she's just tiny for her age.

Doug, meant to tell you that pic of the orange hibiscus was spectacular!

(((((ELLEN))))) OH now you have it....do take it easy; I'm glad you called in sick. I sure hope it's short-lived.:heart:

Pat, poor Winnie worrying about her surgery. I think your talk with her must have made her feel better about it all. She's such an amazing lady; an inspiration for us all. It's good that you are getting the bathroom re-done for her.

Henry, I hope the patches work for your wife. Happy Holiday...(Robert Burns day)

Yorky
01-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Thank you Darla, it is a crop of a photo I have i the RIL. It was at the entrance to Toledo Zoo.

Doug

CharM
01-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Hiya! We didn't drive to Windsor. It's been snowing since noon, so we decided not to chance it. We did go to the grocery store though and did our big grocery shop...

We stopped by the Gallery so I could drop off my poppies. The Curator was pleased because she sold another of my pieces and said there's a cheque in the mail for me. I certainly won't get rich off these little paintings, but it's a lot of fun to keep selling them.

I talked to my Mother on the phone this morning. It had begun to snow and I told her it looked so pretty. "Well I don't like it" she told me, because it was covering her car. I told her that the Driver Facility at her residence would take her where she needed to go. "Oh, I'm not going out" she declared... :confused:

I'm in favour of keeping our endangered species in zoo environments simply because we're destroying their natural habitats. What a terrible legacy to leave our future generations of having been responsible for the extinction of so many animals because we didn't want to spend any money on them...

I don't know what I'll make for dinner... I have a fridge full of good food and can't decide on anything! :lol: I'd better get to it, though.

:wave: Have a great evening/morning!

Strawberry Wine
01-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Just a quick reply to Ellen, Brian, and whomever needs cat spaying neutering info in Ontario.

Yes our CSPCA does have a spaying and neutering program. There is one here in York Region,one in Barrie and a new clinic in St Catherines.
There is a wait list which is much, much shorter for cats then it is for dogs and shorter for neutering then it is for spaying. It is open to all residents of Ontario and not limited to income or geography. The cost is insignificant.

One is asked not to broadcast the fee because " local vets volunteer their time to do the proceedures" and it would not be fair to their individual practices.

For more information Google CSPCA and click on spaying neutering programs

Just copied this from our CSPCA site for those of you in the USA

•Clinics utilizing this spay/neuter model in the US have reduced shelter admissions and euthanasia by up to 70%!

Cheers,

Gail

laudesan
01-25-2013, 07:25 PM
:music: Annie and I are still getting rain.:music: I just heard on the weather report, that Mount Nemo got over 100ml of rain. For those of you interested, check out our WeatherZone (http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/brisbane/brisbane).

JJ, Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, I was only wondering if they put your ankle in a bad position that was really hurting and that was what made you cry. I know how long you have to keep absolutely still. No Gail, :heart: you didn't make me feel uncomfortable. I am ashamed of my weakness's. I don't like having weakness's :D

(((Steve and family)))

YAY Lynn:thumbsup: I know how much you love your dancing!! Are you still taking your gelatine?

:grouphug: NAN&PAT:grouphug: Having looked after my father before he passed, and my former mother in law at one time, I know full well how hard it can be at times. My father was mobile until his death, but it wasn't always easy caring for him. I was heartbroken when he died, he was only 64. I was 28.

Henry, I did a quick search for Lidocaine Lidoderm patches. While wearing your patch, avoid exposing it to direct heat sources such as heating pads, electric blankets, heat lamps, saunas, hot tubs, heated waterbeds, or prolonged direct sunlight. Heat may cause more drug to be released into your body, increasing the chance of side effects.

I was going to go to Bunnings to get some wood to make a travel easel. I am still drinking my coffee, chatting with you and weeeeeeeell...

Flattwo
01-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Char, congrats on your sale, well deserved, quality always shines!

JJ, thanks, she will take care when wearing them, they are expensive, good old National Health Service

Henry