PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Tuesday 22nd January 2013***

Allan Jameson
01-21-2013, 08:45 PM
G,day g,day to all,

Firstly, thank you all so much for the Birthday wishes ,I am still amazed at how I got to 70:clap: I had a great day,a few friends come in for morning tea and then Matt took me to dinner at Hogs Breath Cafe which was fantastic.
I have a vast collection of silver which I am very proud of and use a product called Goddards silver foam cleaner which is fantastic and have been using it for many years but it is no longer available off the shelves and have had to buy it online this being the 1st thing I have ever bought online I got caught with freight,I bought it from a company in the UK approx $6 a jar so bought 2 jars which will last me about 4-5 yrs,freight came to $18 oh well that will teach me.:(
I am having the carpets cleaned tomorrow with this heat they will dry very quickly then JaiLee (dog) is being groomed on Thursday so it is all go go go here
.Well thats about all the news at the moment from me.....oh it is trying to rain.

ReggieS
01-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Happy Birthday Allan!

Reggie

Lulu
01-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Hey Allan :grouphug: Glad you had a happy day.

Hi Reggie.

Nice day again here, sunny and warm (28C), good sister visit too. Took her to Tirau today (show us your sketches of the place please Doug).
We had some retail therapy ;) and went to a nice cafe.
Her mood is somewhat lighter now.
This time of the year is a difficult one, her daughter died suddenly (years ago but you never forget). Her daughter was only 24, a single mum, and she had the flu. My sister said to her 'You lie down while I take your baby for a walk'. When my sister came back, her daughter was dead on the sofa.
As I said, a long time ago, the little girl now has a little girl of her own! but sometimes anniversaries have a way of reviving some of the painful memories.

Off to do a little bit of painting, and when it's cooler I'll go outside to the garden for a while.

Healing hugs to those who need them :heart:

ona
01-21-2013, 09:12 PM
happy birthday Allan. I know its yesterday for you but its still today for me :)

Hi everyone:wave:. I thought you might enjoy looking at the paintings in the signature American Watercolor Exhibition. The fallbrook Art Center have just put the on line catalogue up on their web site HERE (http://fallbrookartcenter.org/exhibitions-a-events/current/304-2nd-annual-signature-american-watercolor-exhibition.html) There are some fabulous paintings by some great artists in the exhibition. Are you close by Kay?

(((hugs to all that need them)))

Ona

CharM
01-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi Allan... glad you had a nice day... 70 is a milestone, after all! :lol: about your first online experience... live and learn, eh?

Oh, Lulu... I cannot imagine the deep sadness of finding your daughter that way... How wonderful that you're there to help absorb some of the pain that never really goes away... ((()))

:wave: Reggie! You having tablet issues?

Ona, I see that your Grandad was juried in... congratulations!

I'm heading to bed... my congestion has loosened and I'm coughing my silly head off... Ted's impressed... :rolleyes: G'nite (or good morning)...

shipbroker
01-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Morning all.

My we are busy early today!

I have very little silver Allan but use Goddards Silver Dip smells awful but works well.

Back later

geoff

WthrLady
01-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Allan a simple aluminum piece in simmering water with some wash soda added takes tarnish right off. No rubbing. No polishing. Been using mine for 30 years. Electrolytic cleaning plate and calgon powder.

JudyL
01-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Happy Birthday Allen, well done!

Been busy with family monday, and watched the big doings in WDC, always a good show, and the First Lady looked lovely! Always a lady.

Then we went over to the kids, Jack helped Kevin put in lights heading out to the barn, a really good idea, he does hope no one will mistake them for a airport.

We have the Grands for two nights this week. Kevin has to catch plane early in the morning, and they will ride their bikes to school and they also have a late start Wednesday and often stay over so they can get a bit of sleep.

BBL :wave:

shipbroker
01-22-2013, 02:16 AM
Another rubbish nights sleep.....and it is smowing again....

geoff

doppler
01-22-2013, 02:42 AM
Good evening.

Allan. Glad you had a great birthday. Look forward to more for you :thumbsup:

Lulu, that is indescribably sad. Retail therapy is curative. :lol: :thumbsup: might be long ago losses nudging recent ones and bringing them all back together without remembering the years in between?

Ona, Caryl, Judy :wave:

Geoff, you cannot be mowing?

Day started misty moisty and humid then a rain shower at work, but not up here, then nothing but cool and wonderful now. Have watched the wheeling flocks of cockatoos noisily make their prescence known. Both cats in. I'm puzzled but glad. They do know more than us at times. Sometimes. Roger is planting grass seeds :rolleyes: after the recent sprinkles. Hope lives eternal, though I rather suspect the cockatoos will descend from the heavens and scoff them all if not tonight but tomorrow morning.

BBL

Yorky
01-22-2013, 03:03 AM
Good morning/evening all.

Still hovering around freezing here, though we have ha no more snow this side of the hill Geoff. Sorry you had a bad night.

Glad you had a little rain Annie, hope the grass comes up.

Here's a link to my Australia/New Zealand sketches (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1086642) Lulu. Tirau is a fun place with its corrugated iron theme.

What a tragic thing to happen to your sister Lulu.

I'll probably run into Southport today to get a roll of polythene to cover the loft before the roofers come next week :crossfingers:

Off to look at Ona's link.

Doug

Lulu
01-22-2013, 03:18 AM
Hi Geoff, Judy, Caryl, Ona......

Char, Annie, Doug, yes, tragic, and too many other losses in her life, sometimes the sadness is too overwhelming, has been good to spend time together:heart: We are blessed to be a close family.

Ona's latest painting is brilliant (a double portrait), have a look at her blog and be wowed!

Doug, was great perusing your sketching thread again, wonderful memories of your visit:heart:

The kids are in for the night Doug :D they have both had a feathery supper:eek: :eek: :eek: so not much further required.

doppler
01-22-2013, 03:45 AM
Life and time goes on Lulu. Sadness remains, but is part of the journey. If you don't love, you don't care. If you do love, you do care and do remember. Life!

BTW my furkids have only brought in n assortment of reptilians. Tiny lizards, except for Bo's tiny snake. ALL are rescued and OUT! Neither has caught a bird yet :crossfingers: Birds be wiser than our cats.

laudesan
01-22-2013, 04:51 AM
:wave:

Busy day for me. I went out this morning, to have coffee with my friend Jean, and to pick up a couple of things for out plein aire outing this afternoon.
I was lucky, in that I got a ride to the bus stop after lunch, and off I went. I met John at the Cultural Centre terminus, and we slowly wandered down to the Maritime Museum. I posted a thread of photos here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19437329#post19437329), if you are interested. :)

Lulu, :heart:

Allan, glad you had a grand day.

Caryl, I use your silver cleaning method too, on small items, but on my larger pieces, that is not going to work.

Doug, I enjoyed looking at your New Zealand Sketches again. :thumbsup:

:wave: Judy and Char.. Ona.. :heart:
(((((Geoff and Mum)))))

Later.............:wave:

Lulu
01-22-2013, 05:26 AM
Yes, Annie, what would we do without love...

Have just spent the last 30 mins calling Miss 'Falfa..........I didn't know a window was open and she'd scarpered...she's such a little minx!
All is forgiven now and she IS now safely tucked up with her brother lol

JJ, great photos! love your sketch too.

Well, on my way to bed, but just had to sample the stewed blackcurrants I cooked tonight - our only picking of them this year, can't seem to grow them like we did on the farm. Very nice in a pie, or just stewed.

Nite everyone:wave:

Philippe56
01-22-2013, 05:45 AM
good day to you all

Scene Chaser
01-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Good Day All,
I awoke early, but will plan on a nap. Five hours sleep is not enough.

It is -17 C, 0 F here. Ms. Feral came out of her cave to greet me when I turned on the kitchen light. She survives, but it must be miserable for her.

Lulu, how sad for your sister.

Annie, I add powdered hot red pepper to my grass seed to keep the birds away. I think it works.
But it does increase the amount of smowing in winter.

Ona, congrats on your entry.

JJ, great photos. Nice sketch, too. I was, also, hoping to see Johnís painting.

Hi Doug,

I made a little purchase yesterday of a small travel palette. It was only $39 at Daniel Smithís. I know itís a luxury I could probably do without, but Iíve always wanted one. And, the shipping was free.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jan-2013/83119-palette.jpg

Bill

Yorky
01-22-2013, 06:08 AM
Bill I moved your post from JJ's thread.

Nice little palette.

Is it practical to move Ms Feral's cage into the kitchen?

Doig

laudesan
01-22-2013, 06:15 AM
It is -17 C, 0 F here. Ms. Feral came out of her cave to greet me when I turned on the kitchen light. She survives, but it must be miserable for her.

JJ, great photos. Nice sketch, too. I was, also, hoping to see Johnís painting.

(((((Ms Feral. I too wish she would quit being scared to be inside. :heart:

John has only made his sketch, and put the masking fluid on. He will either finished his painting at home, or go back and do some more. I will ask him to share the finished work, when he is done.

John has a little palette similar to that, his is w&n. Super purchase. :thumbsup:

Scene Chaser
01-22-2013, 07:02 AM
I'm afraid not, Doug. It's too large, but a nice thought.
Thanks for moving my post.

Bill

cloudchaser
01-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Good day everyone,
No more snow here but still very cold, -12C in Cambridge last night.

I managed to clean (almost!) my oven yesterday with our steam cleaner. With all that steam around me I now have beautiful soft skin:lol: The trouble is , it's funny how one job seems to lead to another. While cleaning inside the oven I touched the cover over the fan /element and it fell off:eek: , the screws holding it were coroded with the heat etc over time, so we will have to contact our insurance cover people to have it fixed:(

Lulu ,that is soo tragic for your family to have that happen, it is something that always remains with you:crying:

Char ,sorry you and hubbie are still suffering with this BUG, hope it soon abates.

Geoff , sorry about your rubbish nights sleep, I get those occasionly too, not nice , when you want to rest but your body refuses to comply:(

Doug, good luck with the roofing work to come, wish I could afford to have our roof done, as our house is from 1875 ,and the roof is bowed with time and the rafters inside are not at their best either:eek:

Bill, that is a super little palette, just the job for outside sketching/painting. Does the water container fit in the centre of the palette?

Hi JJ, Annie, Caryl, Judyl, Philippe Ona,and anyone else that I have forgot:wave:

Have a great day all, and paint if you can find the time:thumbsup:

(((White light)))))) to all those unwell and suffering from lifes downside.

regards
Tony:wave:

LCPainterCat
01-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Bill, I think we all worry about Ms. Feral, and would love to come up with a workable solution to her terror of being trapped inside. Zero degrees f is really too cold, even for the very nice insulated and heated box and blanket you've made for her!

I've had a sudden thought. Could you ask your Vet to prescribe a cat tranquilizer, such as are used for travel by plane, or to help with a change that is causing anxiety and fear and behavior problems in a house-cat? You could add it to her food, and see if she gradually becomes calmer when invited indoors as you close the kitchen door a little more each time. After her terror has been overcome, you could gradually decrease the dosage. I think most vets would agree that in such a life-saving situation, a tranquilizer to abate her natural anxiety and fear would be well worth trying!

Lynn/LC

CharM
01-22-2013, 08:27 AM
Good morning... I think the sun will grace us with an appearance... it's coldish at -9c, but without much wind it isn't too bad at all. I didn't cancel today's Classes, but wish that I had... I'll muscle through the day.

I got tired of cleaning silver and gave away most of my pieces. When working in Mexico, I picked up some pewter that I enjoy, especially because I don't have to clean it. Lazy, thy name is Char... :)

Bill, I love your travel palette! Yes, you should treat yourself now and again.

When I was young growing up on the farm, none of our animals EVER stayed in the house. The cats and dogs all had *jobs* to do and lived in the barns year round. We never gave a second thought about the cold or the heat. Well... Dad did put straw bales around our German Sheppard's doghouse...

Now, we get panicked if the kitties are out for any length of time. :lol: So, like everyone else, I really wish Ms. Feral would just settle down and come inside where she belongs.

Tony, I chuckled at your misfortune... Murphy's Law... sorry...

Thanks for posting your link Doug!!! I have no idea why I missed them first time around, but what a treat to see them now!!

:wave: All I've missed by name... I need to attempt making myself look reasonably human... and I really need a second cup of coffee... I wish the very best possible day for everyone! :heart:

CharM
01-22-2013, 08:36 AM
I "Like" ArtTutor.com on facebook... today, on my timeline was a link about hyperrealistic paintings... Click Here (http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/21-mindblowing-hyperreal) to have a look... prepare to be wowed and very skeptical!

Yorky
01-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Yup! I'm skeptical :)

BTW CharM is the opposite to lazy!

Doug

olliewood0702
01-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Happy Tuesday morning all;

It's sunny and BITTERLY COLD here. It was -2F on my way into work with a windchill of -15!:eek: Miserable weather; except for thew sunshine. Some schools were closed today because they didn't want students standing outside waiting for their bus.

More of this weather until at least Thursday they are saying. So far the weekend weather sounds messy; we may not be traveling north.:confused:

Poor Larry went out to start his truck this morning and he had NO heat! Unbelieveable that it wored fine yesterday but this morning zip. Isn't that always the way it goes?:rolleyes:

Ona, your double portrait is amazing; what a jolly pair they look to be. Congrats on your being juried into the show; what a great group of paintings.

Char, same with us; we had outdoor dogs and other than putting straw/hay in their doghouses we never worried. And those winters seemed 10 times worse than the ones we have now! I think there now is more of an awareness and laws for the protection of animals. WOW...yes they are amazing paintings IF they are for real.

LuLu, your poor sister what a horrible way to lose a daughter. Did you have to raise the little girl or was there a Dad involved? I'm glad you had fun with her during this sad time of year.:thumbsup:

Geoff...you poor guy...you really will soon NEED SOME SLEEP:confused:

The Redwings WON last night in a shoot-out. They are saying that the teams in our division are all equally good; so it'll be an interesting season to watch. Next month we will be heading over to Detroit for a game; and Josh will be there for a convention so he'll attend with us.

Well, work to do on my desk so I'll just wave to you all and wish you the best possible day.:wave: :grouphug:

Ellen in Ont
01-22-2013, 09:33 AM
:wave: everyone,
It is -37 with a windchill of -47. The house is having a hard time keeping the temp at 19 so I am cuddled up with a blanket and a cat. :cat:

I am babysitting Max again this afternoon. It seems like just a cold but he is miserable. Another day missing daycare but at least that is going much better. He goes to the daycare worker when my DIL leaves and no more crying. :D

Annie, I told you about ice crystals the other day. That is what we have right now. Here is a link to our weather site. http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/on-127_metric_e.html
I can't make it a proper link because I'm on my iPad and haven't figured it out.

Char - I wish you had cancelled today's classes as well. You need to recover. Rest, rest and more rest.

Caryl - a piece of crumpled aluminum foil works as well as the electrolyte plate. I only have a few small pieces of silver and the tarnish doesn't bother me. I clean them every few years.

I'll finish this saying what Darla said. I need a coffee and bite to eat.

WthrLady
01-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Yes it does! But I use that non stick foil. As for large pieces, you just use a larger pot. We have a 30 gallon low land shrimp boil pot and an outdoor propane ring for the large silver pieces: trays and coffee service.

Heading for a sunny 65 today. All the windows are open. The mockingbirds, cardinals, and jays are singing their little souls out.

Managed a small brown pelican painting yesterday. No idea on plans today.

Hello to all to come!

Uschi
01-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Freezing cold here too BRRR -15C (close to 0F) with windchill -25C. That is what our January is supposed to be like, we have just forgotten:lol: We do have sun:thumbsup:

Going for my bi monthly lunch with my friend. Will probably go for my half hour walk on the treadmill in the afternoonn.

Ona, absolutely fabulous portrait!!!! Great paintings at the American Watercolor Exhibition, interesting though, barely any landscapes. Amazing how the focus shifts, first it went off the florals, now it is off the landscapes, I guess they don't win prizes any more:)

Ellen, that IS cold:eek: I am so glad Max is comfortable going to the daycare. Such a relief for everyone!!!

Char, I hope the healing continues:crossfingers: I have never yet had a cold without it going to the chest and it takes a long time to get ut of there. Well, it'll clean all the crud out of there and we sparkly clean afterwards:lol:

Lulu, your poor sister, that is soooo sad.

Bill, that kit is cute:) Just think of all the other animals that don't have a warm kittyhouse and ready dinner to come home to.

Tony, a roof from 1875? WOW, that is absolutely amazing, they don't make them like that any more. How is your brother doing??

Char, those paintings are absolutely amazing but ever since the Cheryl Luxenburg situation I can't help wondering. Cheating would be soooo easy with all this new technology.

Time to get the day started. :wave: to all here and all yet to come and :grouphug: to all not feeling well!!!

Uschi

Scene Chaser
01-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Ms. Feral is fine. She was recently seen playing with twig on the deck. She does have a fur coat on. Like Char mentioned about our farm pets, they did all live outside and in the barn when we were young, and some lived long lives. They did not have the luxuries that Ms. Feral has. I'll keep worrying just the same.

Tony, I think your ordeal falls somewhere in one of Murphy's Law.
The water tray is supposed to hang on the palette when in use.

Darla, Larry drove to work with no heat? Of course, my first car, 1947 Ford took me 15 miles to work with no heat. I didn't keep it long.

Bill

painterbear
01-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 11:30 a.m. here in sunny, blue cloud-dotted sky, frigid Oakwood. Very, very low temps and the wind chill makes it worse. :rolleyes:

I just finished cleaning and dividing up a lamb roast we bought on Sunday. It was on sale for $2.99/pound and cost around $18. We now have the makings for 6 lamb dinners--shish ke bobs, butterfly steaks on the grill, chopped pieces, and strips (don't know how I'll use them, but I'll find a recipe, probably Turkish ;) ). So, that expensive lamb I've been complaining about we'll now have for around $3 a dinner. :angel:

Bill, Glad Ms Feral has you to keep her warm. We saw four deer in our backyard this morning and they looked quite comfortable with their fur coats on too. ** Great little travel palette. You can pretend it is a present from Ms Feral for how much you do for her. ;)

Uschi, I'm soooooooo glad for you that you can enjoy walking on the treadmill again. Have fun on the other machines too. :thumbsup: to staying in shape.

Darla, Poor Larry driving in these temps wo/ heat in the car. I remember one time I got a lift back to Penn State after the Winter break. The car we were riding in was old and had a hole in the floor. You can imagine how we felt after driving for six hours across the State with frigid air coming in and an old, feeble heater trying to combat it. I wound up sitting on my feet for half the ride trying to keep them warm. :rolleyes:

Char, You symptoms sound very, very familiar to me. Exactly the way my "cold" traveled from head to chest then back to head but milder each time it changed location. Hope you continue to get better....Ted and Matt too.

Like Doug, I'm skeptical about some of those ultra-realistic paintings. Remember the scandal last year about the woman who painted that way. ;)

Ona, Lovely paintings in that show you linked us too....and I think yours was up that at the top of the best ones for sure. Love your newest one too. What a charming couple you've painted.

Lynn, The writers I read with Roman themes are Lindsey Davis, Ruth Downie (Roman England setting), Jane Finnis, Robert Harris, Colleen McCullough, Mary Reed & Eric Mayer (Constantinople in Byzantine times), John Maddox Roberts (SPQR Series), and Steven Saylor. Even though they are fiction stories, there is a lot of history within them which I find fascinating. :D

Lulu, I'm so glad you had a good visit with your sister. My heart aches for her with the tragedy of her daughter's death. Some of the stories we've heard of young people dying with this current flu are like that...they get sick and even though they are in the hospital in just a day or two they die. It is heart-breaking and baffling.

Ooops, I almost forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Allan, welcome to the 70s!

Gotta go and cut up some fruit for our fruit cocktail we have for lunch each day.

SYL,

Sylvia

Wind Song
01-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:

Happy belated birthday Allan!

Lulu that is so sad what your sister has gone through and I am glad that you are able to comfort her!

I am painting a dahlia and also a seascape with the breaking wave exercise from Jo's online class last Sat.

Ona congrats your painting in the show is gorgeous!

JJ looks like fun at your sketch crawl and you look fabulous with your hair longer!

Well I think my kitchen floor should be dry by now so back to painting!

Bill great new travel kit! I have the winsor newton and love it!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jan-2013/54618-tulips_and_Monet_2012_259.jpg

Have a great one!

LynnM
01-22-2013, 12:14 PM
:wave: Good day all!! very chilly here, as Uschi says. I took the garbage out and was very happy I don't have to go anywhere today. Will get my exercise by walking up and down stairs and in the halls. I had a 'one thing leads to another' kind of morning. I was looking for a mounted matted photo for a show, was sure it was in one box, no, try the boxes in the storage room....have to take out the two air mattresses that have expired, the vacuum, another bag with lots of matts, checked a box on the shelf, to do that had to move another box.......you get the idea! Finally found an image I can use. And things are a little tidier.

Now I'm going to make some soup that's on my menu list, I'll be able to freeze the remainder for later.

Char, I hope you are not eating off the pewter.....made in Mexico in the past, it may have a lead content. I'm glad your lurgie is progressing as expected, I hope the cough doesn't go on too long.

So sad, Lulu.....:heart:

Thanks for that link, Doug, I can't understand why people would not set passwords :confused:

I like your little plein air kit, Bill, have one a little bigger, they are so handy. Looking forward to more paintings from you :)

Good list of writers, Sylvia, thanks! Yummm, lamb! that will be a nice series of meals. My lamb chops the other day were much more expensive :eek:

Looks like you are having fun with your painting, Sharon!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug: to all in need.

Europa
01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!

We managed to get Mum to the hospital without any problem but it ended up taking over 2 hours for her appt. Firstly they whisked her off on her own to do some tests etc - she doesn't like me not being there because she can't always hear what they are saying etc but they wouldn't let me go with her.

When I finally got in they had difficulty getting blood samples and it took three goes before they ended up managing to get some out of her hand - poor love will be bruised tomorrow methinks.

We saw the anaethetist - we have seen him before - I was asking him about a local anaesthetic for the operation - after doing some research I believe there is one called an inter-scalene block however the doctor said he thought the surgeons didn't like using that.

Seems that it can cause nerve damage to the phrenic nerve which can cause paralysis of the diaphragm on that side thereby affecting her breathing. However with the general anaesthetic she could be more prone to an embolism (which is what happened when she had her knee replacement about 5 years ago.)

He was very good at answering my questions and was trying to find the results of the heart echo she had last year - he said if he couldn't find it then he would postpone next weeks surgery and send her to see the cardiologist.

Of course Mum said - ' Pfffft there is nothing wrong with my heart .....' To which I replied - ' Ok then we will go home - throw all your medicines away and see how long you last!!' :evil: She pulled her tongue out at me causing the doctor to laugh.

So I think that after weighing up the pros and cons that we probably will go for the general - if she has the local and ends up with nerve damage to her diaphragm it is not reversible - however if she is unfortunate to end up with an embolism at least they have practices in place to treat and cure it.

Now am just waiting to hear from the hospital as to whether we are good to go for next Wednesday - oh and she will be going in the night before the operation which is a good thing - phew!!!

Allan - glad to hear you had a nice birthday - 70 eh - blimey you don't look it you handsome man you. :heart:

Lulu - nice to hear you had a good visit with your sister - can understand her feelings re the loss - parents aren't supposed to outlive their children. I think that the special occasions that happen in life your mind goes to thinking about those no longer with us.

I often think how my grandmother would be now that Jamie is a grown man (she idolised him) - he was 3 when she died - also how my brother Harry would have been - how they could have gone fishing together etc. Sending big hugs to your sister.

We are told that we can expect a sudden thaw - woohooo - am glad - I actually ventured out earlier to the shop across the road - came back with rosy cheeks.....lol....it was somewhat bracing out there but i had my walking boots on so no chance of slipping.......yes I do own a pair of walking boots. Saw one of the neighbours - she asked me where my car was......I said I do walk sometimes you know.......cheek!!!

Well better finish up here in the office.....waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

cloudchaser
01-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Hi again,

Uschi, my brother is doing great with his new plumbing system, he just gets on with it. He has seen a consultant re his Aneurysm and has been told it is not dangerous enough yet, Doctors eh!!!
Tony

CharM
01-22-2013, 12:40 PM
One more Class to go... We didn't get much accomplished this morning, but we did talk about art! :) We also talked about the anatomical structure of the face because we're getting ready to do some eye studies... I remember having such a great time when we did Ellen's demo, that I'm doing it with some of my Classes.

I'm not 100% for sure... but soldiering on nonetheless... Truthfully, Ellen, I wish that I'd cancelled today as well...

The sun is brilliant... the wind has come up and the windchill is making our -9c feel more like -16c... brrrr... Baby Feral (Sneakers) wanted outside and he made absolutely no time in booking it back to the door, crying to be let in! :lol:

Uschi, I was also thinking of Cheryl's scam and I tend to be skeptical about theses paintings. On the other hand, I just cannot imagine the amount of skill and patience required...

Lynn, when I was working in Mexico, just about everything we ate or touched was really bad for us... No, we don't eat off the pewter exactly, but indirectly... One of the trays can be used to hold cookies... I have a pair of salad tongs...

There was also a recycled glass facility not far from our hotel that made the most gorgeous serving and art pieces... I gave stuff to everyone I knew, but didn't keep anything for myself! :lol:

There's a bargain, Sylvia!! Wow... It's been several years since I've been sick and this is just making me angry... :lol: My chest is burning today... :(

Poor Larry, Darla... I'll bet his feet were some cold by the time he arrived at work!

Sharon your painting stuff looks fantastic!

No stinky stuff today, then, eh Caryl! :)

:wave: Bill and Doug...

Hi Pat... I'm glad that all went well with you Mom's appointment!

Not dangerous *enough*, Tony???? Wow...

I'd better get stuff ready for the next group... They'll be gone by mid afternoon, so I'll get a nap when they're on their way home... :p

shipbroker
01-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Just had this in an e-mail....thought it funny so passing it on.....

Little Johnny and his family were having Sunday dinner at his Grandmother's house. Everyone was seated around the table as the food was being served. When Little Johnny received his plate, he started eating right away. "Johnny! Please wait until we say our prayer." said his mother.

"I don't need to," the boy replied.
"Of course, you do." his mother insisted. "We always say a prayer before eating at our house."
"That's at our house." Johnny explained. "But this is Grandma's house and she knows how to cook!"

Geoff

p.s. just in from mammoth session at hospital...back in later.

wcartistsr
01-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Back from art class. Very cold out--6F. Only five in class today.
Stopped at Jo Ann Fabric on the way home to return some samples, and now I am going to STAY home for the rest of the day and try to warm up.

Lulu-So sad about your sister. What a shock, something you never get over.
Char-Glad you are improving, but perhaps more rest is needed to continue to recover.
Bill-I am glad you are watching over Ms. Ferral. You wonder how they feel the cold.
Pat-Glad you have things settled for your Mom's surgery and hope it all goes smoothly this time. It is amazing what they can do now.

Off to finish my lunch.

Shirley

shipbroker
01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Evening again..........

Firstly the good news...Elvis is alive and driving a gritter truck in Wales....enjoy..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6UerjFCLdI

-------------------

Right...spoken to Hospital this morning and visited this afternoon..Mother rather better and looked it ....LynnM, yes fluids do help if they will take them, my Mother says 'I won't have this drink as they may be coming to take me to Theatre again'...or similar.

The skin graft which has turned black has only 70% taken.......but the good news is that it isn't infected and isn't causing her current problems....but where do they go now?...she doesn't have any skin left to give?
Apparently she became hostile in the home on Saturday and threw her phone and table and wanted to go and make snowmen.........she has never ever had any violent tendencies........and at 70lbs only wouldn't do very well either.

They have given her brain and facial scans today and upped her anti-biotics and will review keeping her sometime tomorrow pm.......I have been to her Home and told them of the situation..............we shall see.

Anyway had a little more appetite on way home so treat us to Cod & Chips!

geoff

Anyway another clip for those who like active weather forecasts..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNt92rHTur8

NewmarketGEM
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Hello all, :wave:

Long, cold day, but just finished watching the 1st episode of Season 1 Downton Abbey - yes, I'm way behind! Takes me awhile to catch on, but I usually get there eventually! :lol: :lol:
It was very good and can't wait to continue tomorrow evening...guess I don't have to be worrying about what's on TV now for awhile! Borrowed the Season 1 and Season 2 DVDs from a coworker.

I hope your Mother will continue to improve Geoff. I was to see my Mom this evening - she had a real downfall in August of '12 but has rallied. Very frail, and her lucidity seems to go up and down depending on the day, but physically she's pretty stable. It's very difficult watching our parents decline and not be able to change or help anything very much. Hang in there....

Happy belated birthday Allan! I wish you a joyous coming year! :music:

Well, off to read in bed for a bit (where's it warm!)....which means I'll be asleep in 10 minutes with the book on my face! :lol:

Be well (or get well!) everyone....

shipbroker
01-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Gail.

I know many of us share similiar problems with parents and probably, like you and me ,find some relief in putting our thoughts down in WC as often talking at home isn't possible.... so (((((((())))))) to all in the same situation

No more snow here but areas to North and East of us have had a bucketful yesterday ....Wednesday Market today so will be there later.

Not starting the next Wash will wait for someone else as don't want to be in Blue Ears territory today!

geoff

JudyL
01-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Funny talking about parents past their prime. My Mom was a bit of a hoot!
She had odd ideas, but I could usually talk her around. One was when she thought God was sending people back, and was worried that Dad would need clothes. I told her that if God was going to send Dad back he was smart enough to send him back with clothes on :lol: That eased her mind, but she always "enjoyed ill health"
About those "paintings" yeah, I'm not sure, but what is the point! Take a picture! People will think you did anyway.

mustache got to get the kids sorted.