View Full Version : Roman aqueduct

els
06-22-2001, 10:23 AM
All coments wellcome.
Colored pencil in Verge paper.

Yorky
06-22-2001, 03:18 PM
Great painting, els

It conveys the scale of the aqueduct very well. It reminds me of a touring holiday I made along the Pyrenees to Carcassonne and the Pont-du-Gard some 15 years ago! The skies were cloudless, the temperature was in the 80's and the only thing to destroy the splendour of the scene was a darned orange crushing stall set up in the car park giving out 150 decibels and deafening everyone within a half mile.!

Serously, the Romans new a bit about building didn't they?

Doug

Yorky
06-22-2001, 03:27 PM
Great painting, els

It conveys the scale of the aqueduct very well. It reminds me of a touring holiday I made along the Pyrenees to Carcassonne and the Pont-du-Gard some 15 years ago! The skies were cloudless, the temperature was in the 80's and the only thing to destroy the splendour of the scene was a daned orange crushing stall set up in the car park giving out 150 decibels and deafening everyone within a half mile.!

Doug

Yorky
06-22-2001, 03:39 PM
Great painting, els

It conveys the scale of the aqueduct very well. It reminds me of a touring holiday I made along the Pyrenees to Carcassonne and the Pont-du-Gard some 15 years ago! The skies were cloudless, the temperature was in the 80's and the only thing to destroy the splendour of the scene was a daned orange crushing stall set up in the car park giving out 150 decibels and deafening everyone within a half mile.!

Doug

els
06-25-2001, 08:08 AM
Thank you for your comments Doug, it is a really nice building. This picture was based on a photo I found in a magazine, but I hope someday I'll get there...
Eamon

Yorky
06-25-2001, 08:40 AM
What happened? I only added an 'r' to darned and I got 3 copies!

Doug

caro
06-26-2001, 06:37 PM
nice! i like how you did the reflection in the water and the colours you have used ~ caro

Leaflin
07-11-2001, 01:56 PM
I love the reflections in the water. :)