PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Saturday January 19, 2013***

Lulu
01-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Hello world from Down Under!:clear:

Lovely sunny summer's day here, out and about this morning and gardening, drawing and painting this afternoon:thumbsup:
Have a lamb roast in the oven, and have just added a rhubarb crumble for dessert. Off to pick peas from the garden, and dig some carrots.

Sending healing hugs to all who need them:heart:

doppler
01-19-2013, 02:36 AM
Good evening Lulu and all to follow.

Hot still day this morning, torpor this afternoon and then breeze picked up. Bo has even emerged from his sleeping place for a promenade outside. Loki spent the afternoon inside sleeping. Inside the main house was definitely cooler than the verandas until the breeze kicked in. No doubt she is staking out the birdbaths. Don't worry. The birds here are far too intelligent for her and there are three out the back quite a ways from each other. Wherever Loki is, the birds aren't. Swap places little cat and the same result. :lol:

Garden watering done as best as able. I am sick of counting. :lol: Will have to buy more water next week at this rate. Hot and dry is different to our normal cold and dry, in winter.

Roger should be home soon so :wave:

Yorky
01-19-2013, 03:09 AM
Good morning all. Still shivering here with temperature hovering on zero. Happily we haven't had any more snow, just a couple of inches lying.

Will probably pop to the supermarket to top up the provisions.

Prompted by Sylvia I made my first vegetable soup yesterday and it was a great success. It will certainly be a regular in the future.

Doug

Lulu
01-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Hi Annie, we have had a good rain here. Other parts of the country (particularly in the Sth Island) have had more than they need.
It is worrying for you.

Hi Doug, did you make the recipe from yesterday's Wash? I saved it too. We tend not to eat soup in summer, but there's really no reason why we shouldn't.

Have just checked my lotto numbers, I rarely buy a ticket - had a nice little win:thumbsup:

ps, Bill, meant to say.......you can come back as one of my cats anytime! lol

Yorky
01-19-2013, 03:21 AM
Hi Lulu, no, I just threw some vegetables in a pan, but it's something I haven't done before. Hot soup is ideal this weather.

Doug

noge
01-19-2013, 03:58 AM
:wave: Good morning - lot of snow and - 14 degree C but sunshine :music:
If the temperature is rising ??? I am able to draw - maybe its possible to paint ???

shipbroker
01-19-2013, 04:29 AM
Morning all.......

I was looking in at 0400 GMT and possibly would have clashed with Lulu if Wash starting.......keep the blue ears in the antipodes please!

Couple of inches of fresh snow ad light flakes now,however, have been into town to the market and papers and main roads look fine......we are due to go to the coast for a caravanners lunch a little later and they appear to have had more snow than we have...we shall see...

Still no water......

geoff

ScarletLake
01-19-2013, 04:32 AM
Hello Everyone:wave: :wave: :wave:

Nearly 4:15AM here in Ohio. Thought it a good time to send a post.

I'm with several others here who don't sleep a whole 7-8 hours at night. One night this week I slept 6 hours through ---it was heaven.

Yes we had the most beautiful sunset one day this week. I snapped a photo too but it did not turn out too well.

Annie and LuLu and JJ sure jealous of your gardening and I'm already planning on what tomatoes I'd like to try this year and what other container plants to try on my patio.

Char and Ted ---so sorry that you are not feeling well. Is Matt still waiting on his nursing license???

I've been really busy this week with running resumes around places and getting things done on Thursday I left the house at 9AM and but for one hours at home I didn't get back till 8:30pm. That was the night I slept 6 solid hours.

I had an interview for something I have wanted to volunteer at for many years. I am going to volunteer at the Dayton Art Museum this year. So excited to do that. I will have orientation at the end of this month or early Feb.:cat: :cat: :cat:

I spent most of the afternoon on Thursday with dad at the nursing home. He is staying up more and is eating a little better. He has gained 4 lbs and is walking the halls with is walker but he still does not look well and I think would prefer to just sleep.

Yesterday around 11AM I went for a coffee and one of the shop owners in town came in and invited me to have a run with her to Jo Ann Fabrics. Unexpected but really enjoyed it. I bought a book on making journals and got to use a 50% off coupon so got it only $5. Also got a couple of drawing pencils and a sketch wash pencil.:) :) :)

My biggest treat was the Dove white chocolate cookies and cream candy bar. I had plans for it when I got home and put my feet up and looked at my book. When I unwrapped the candy bar on the inside of the wrapper was this saying: LIVE IN THE PRESENT love Dove. Very good advise don't you think. That's one to inspire a journal page.

This weekend I plan on doing some paperwork for our home records and some files for my Art Box file and some collage to go along with an online group I am following.

Everyone have a great weekend and HI:wave: :wave: :wave: to everyone yet to come.

Anita

laudesan
01-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Hot, alright today, and very humid. It was 38 deg Celcius out at the Brisbane airport at 2.00pm

I had a great day though, and met John (Tred Softly) at the Sketchcrawl. It was a load of fun, and the had the biggest crowd yet.:thumbsup:

Here are some photos.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2013/22284-City.jpg
Brisbane City from the Boardwalk below the Art Gallery.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2013/22284-Kuripil_Walk_Bridge.jpg Kurilpa Walking Bridge.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2013/22284-Frill_Neck_Lizard.jpg
Frill Neck Lizard

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2013/22284-Ibis_2.jpg
Ibis

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2013/22284-JJ.jpg
Me.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2013/22284-Sketchcrawl_38_5_resized.jpg
Moreton Bay Fig

Have just checked my lotto numbers, I rarely buy a ticket - had a nice little win:thumbsup::clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

Yay Egon, snow!! There is a delicious sea-breeze coming through my home office window right now. I am enjoying it, a lot!

Geoff, anymore snow photos?? Yup, I am greedy. :p

:wave: Anita. :heart:

Scene Chaser
01-19-2013, 06:13 AM
Good Day All,
It’s 37F, 3C. Might go up a couple degrees yet but then it is to go down , way down compliments of our very giving Canadian neighbors to the North. 

Hi Lulu, you and John must raise a lot of sheep. I can smell that lamb roasting. I’ looking forward to my reincarnation. :)

Hi Annie, Ms. Feral would love to have a cat or two to play with, she is so bored stuck in her little house in this cold winter. Not even the mice want to come out to play.:cat:

Hi Doug, glad you aren’t snowed in. I saw Cameron come out of No. 10 yesterday in the snow and he wasn’t wearing a coat. What kind of mother did he have? I had roasted pepper soup and cole slaw for dinner. Soup is good.

Hi Egon, so good to have you back. I’ll be looking for your art.

Hi Geoff, will you take your caravan today?

Hi Anita, “Live in the present.” Is good advice. The past is done and we know nothing of a future.

Hi JJ, love the photos and especially love your sketch of the tree.

I have been watching a great English comedy called “Doc Martin.” Hilarious! One word used in name calling keeps coming up and I thought I’d ask my English friends what “Tosser” means. If you can write the explanation on the Wash, that is.

Have drawn another small painting and will work on that some today. Janet also wants to do a little shopping. So, that will give us a chance to get out a little.
Bill

noge
01-19-2013, 06:38 AM
:wave: I had to change
My wife and my daughter are coming home from skiing soon -
and I am cooking :angel: Soup , Potato Dumplings filled with meet & Pumpkin sauce :thumbsup: (its for starving people on a cold day :evil: )

http://www.annamariavolpi.com/austrian-knoedel.html

Yorky
01-19-2013, 06:38 AM
Bill, I don't think I can give the explanation in the Wash - it's a man thing though :lol:

Done the shopping, main roads are clear but as usual the estate roads are packed snow and very slippery. Thawing a little.

Hi JJ, what fun meeting with Tred - nice sketch :thumbsup:

I was surprised to see Ibis were as common as pigeons in Sydney, real scavengers.

Great place to volunteer Anita :envy:

Doug

Scene Chaser
01-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Doug, :eek: the urban dictionary just filled me in. Sorry I brought it up. :o
Bill

Yorky
01-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Now you have everyone looking it up Bill :lol: :evil:

Doug

GramPat
01-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Good morning everyone. I am new to Wet Canvas, but have followed you all for quite some time and feel as though I know you as friends. I have been painting for the past 13 years and am self taught.

It is 32 F here and there is snow on the ground and the sun is out. It is to get up to 40 F today. Yesterday it only got up to 25 F. Snow again on Monday and Tuesday.

I am making some French Onion soup today. I usually make soup every week and put a bit in the freezer so I will have some when I get lazy. Yes, Doug, it is easy isn't it. I am surprised that people don't make it more often. When they see how easy it is, they make it frequently.

I have been following everyone in Australia. You all are having it rough, but seem to be coping. Keep up the good work.

I plan on painting a get well card and a "thinking of you" one as well. Then work on a landscape.

Last night I hooked up my new WiFi. I had bought some half pans and full pans from Cheap Joe's and glued some magnetic strips to the bottom to make a travel palette. Someone said that they had put magnetic strip on their's so that their pans wouldn't rattle around. I had been working with different ways to glue them in an Altoids tin. Well, it works a treat and I will be filling them up today as well.

Well my kittens are trying to help me type so I should wrap this up. Have a great day everyone.

Pat

Yorky
01-19-2013, 08:38 AM
Hi Pat, nice to meet you. We like it when lurkers actually join us.

One day I want to visit Pennsylvania, I want to see Falling Waters.

Magnetic strips are a good idea.

Doug

CharM
01-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Good morning... It's warm and windy in SW Ontario today... our temperatures will rise above freezing for awhile today.... tomorrow it's going to get really cold again.

We are all sick here. This relapse has been nasty. Matt called in sick to work this morning, the first time in his working career... each of us has a different version... Mine is centered around my sinuses with a sore throat; Ted's is a full blown chest and head cold; Matt has a bad case of intestinal upset... We won't let anyone visit us today.

I don't plan to do anything. I'm full of aches. Even my hair hurts. :rolleyes: If I DO get to feeling better, I'll finish my poppy. It's nearly done and the ArtSpace Curator called me yesterday asking for more paintings.

Chicken soup will be the order of the day.

Lulu, I thought that peas were a cool weather crop. I say that only because my Father grew peas on the farm and they were combined by early June. He then planted soybeans over the pea hay and was able to get two crops in one year. OK... TMI, I think...

:crossfingers: rain, Annie...

Doug, homemade soup is such a nice meal. And the house always smells good!

So, were you able to get out to paint Egon?

I'm so sorry that your Mother's dementia has worsened, Geoff... and how irritating about that cut water line!

Congratulations on getting your Volunteer Job, Anita! Matt has his licence, and like you, he's been sending out resumes.

Great photos, JJ... Your sketch is nice, also... how neat that you were able to meet up with John! Did he bring along his gorgeous handmade palette?

Ooh... roasted pepper soup sounds so good, Bill! Looking forward to your painting...

Bill... I looked up the meaning... my face is red... :lol:

Welcome to the Wash GramPat!

I hope that everyone has the best possible day... I'm going to curl up with my afghan and a book... :heart:

painterbear
01-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 9:00 a.m. here in Oakwood...there is a brilliant cobalt-blue sky outside my window and bright sunshine glowing too. Rare sight these days, for sure. :D

Still looking for something to get ready for Monday's class...may do some mushrooms.

Doug. :thumbsup: on making the soup. I LOVE soup and could eat it all year round. Larry is more traditional and likes it a lot, but only in the colder months. :rolleyes:

Lulu, Enjoy your delicious lamb roast. If you were cooking it here in the States (and had to buy it in a grocery store), it would probably cost you around $30. Even lamb chops are now around $12/lb or more. Ground lamb has crept up from $5.99/lb to $8.99/lb. Not sure why lamb is becoming a luxury meat any more...it is higher than lobster tails!

JJ, Nice photos, looks like a fun day sketching.

Welcome to the Wash, GramPat, nice to meet you. Where are you in Central PA? My DH is from the Pittsburg area, I am from the Philly and Scranton areas...we met at Penn State which is in the middle, so we pretty much covered the State. :lol:

Anita, I think you will love being a docent at the Art Museum. One of my tablemates in my painting class did that for several years and speaks of it fondly. :thumbsup:

Char, Ouch, I feel so bad for all of you. Sounds like Matt has the horrible flu with those symptoms, while you and Ted have different viruses. Anyway, it isn't fun, not at all. Hope all three of you get well and feeling better quickly. :grouphug: X 3.

Ah, Bill, well as Ms Feral's human-servant, what are you doing about getting her a playmate? Can you arrange a play date at the local zoo? ;) Glad you got the fallen limb off your garage roof. Did you have to replace any of the roof tiles?

Geoff, :o about your Mom's increasing dementia. It is so sad to see someone you love deteriorate like that.

:wave: to all who are on their way and to all who were here before me.

SYL,

Sylvia

GramPat
01-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Sylvia, I live about 5 miles from Penn State campus. How funny is that?

LynnM
01-19-2013, 10:44 AM
:wave: Have to dash, need to shop before class this afternoon.....

Thanks for the tip about the down coats, Ellen, I'll try that. Mine is quilted in squares, so I thought the filling wouldn't shift, but I guess it is flattened. I'll try the dryer trick.

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug: to all in need...BBL

Strawberry Wine
01-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Good Day Washers !!!!

Dreary, yucky day here. Temps hovering around 2.C and the small amount of snow we have is melting. Supposed to drop to -12C this evening so all will be a skating rink.

Welcome to the Wash Pat! I love French Onion soup YUM!

Geoff, so very sad that your Mom's dementia has incresed.

Anita, :thumbsup: on becoming a docent a the Museum.

JJ, lovely photos I love the lizzard .

Char, so many people I know have gone through this relapse. Please do not do anything but rest for next 4 or 5 days. The housework, classes, laundry etc can wait. Even if you are starting to feel a bit better. Cancel everything until you are 100 % . With your immune system at a low you are all vulnerable to anything and everything.

The washing machine is calling me. :)

:wave: to all,

Cheers,

Gail

Wind Song
01-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi Everyone:wave:

I am searching for 5 watercolour paintings that I was working on last week and I think I must have left them at my art group:lol:

Char I hope your family recovers quickly:grouphug:

Thanks for the recipe Sylvia! I love homemade soup!

I am off to call my art group and see if my paintings are there.

This afternoon I am doing the online course with Jo on seascapes!
Have a great one!

Scene Chaser
01-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the Wash, Pat. It’s nice to meet lurkers. I hope you will stay now and become part of the family. And since you have been following us, you know your kittens are in good company.

((Char)) hope you get a good rest today.

Sylvia, maybe we’ll just have to raise our own sheep.
No damage done to the roof, just sawdust left to remind me of the $225 it cost me.

Hi Lynn, Gail:wave: .

Bill

ScarletLake
01-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Back again

Sylvia - I am not in the Docent program for the art museum. They only do that training about every 3 or 4 years and it is quite extensive program.

I will just be a plain ol volunteer. I will probably work in the gift shop and do special programs like when they have Jazz night I can take tickets, show people around also help in the office.

Maybe someday a docent which I would really enjoy.

Anita

Wind Song
01-19-2013, 12:24 PM
I found my missing paintings in the attic of my art group!

I just drove over and picked them up!

That is a relief to have found them!

Yorky
01-19-2013, 12:24 PM
:thumbsup:

Doug

LynnM
01-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi again! I was surprised to see all the melting today on my walk. The poor people who are trying to start an ice rink in the park aren't having much luck!

Loved your tree, JJ, and what a lovely place to sketch! I especially like the lizard.

Bill, I like Doc Martin too, the characters are great, but I miss aunt Joan.

Hi Sharon, I'll see you in class!

Welcome Pat, looking forward to seeing some of your work in the gallery....

Welcome back, Egon, I looked up the dumplings, they do look good!

Glad to see you back, Nipper :heart:

((((Char and Ted and Matt)))) you are getting more than your fair share, I echo Gail, STAY PUT till you are really better. I had the Hong Kong flu 3 times, and was trying to keep going, finally I just collapsed on the couch and my DH had to take over. He was a graduate student at the time, no time for that but we managed somehow. It really messes up your schedules!

WthrLady
01-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Anita! You'll LOVE working at the Grand DAM! I loved it up there and the special events are WONDERFUL! I used to sit for hours when Caughlin was little and let him play on the hill.

Char - waving

Welcome Pat!

I was inspired by some seagull paintings in the gallery the other day and managed one of my own. I'll try to get him up and flying in the gallery today as well.

Sunny and 60/63 for the next week. SPRING! All the little northern birds are outside chirping their little brains out.

Have a great day all!

olliewood0702
01-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Hello all;

I'm so sorry for all those who are sick and hurting. Sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery.:grouphug:

Sunny and mild but tonight it changes drastically. Like Bill said courtesy of our Canadien friends to the north.

We are off to get our passports ordered...we've never had one before.

ON the agenda later....painting.

Larry and I watched THREE movies last night; they were all pretty good..we stayed up until 12:30am.

This morning we had one of our windows replaced; they have a lifetime warranty.:thumbsup:

I hope you all have a great day; HAWLTAIN and :wave: to AWAYTC:heart:

Flattwo
01-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Hi to All

Cold, but no snow here

Ordering an Indian take out tonight for dinner, I'm having Vegetable Buryani and the wife is having Chicken Curry....yum

Darla, I read somewhere that only 20% of Americans have a passport, nearly every adult in the UK has one.

I received notification by post today that I am being called for Jury Service, they will give me three weeks notice, I hope is a juicy High Court case. I have been on a jury twice before, and you get a free lunch :D

No painting today, a bit tired

JJ, super photos, and exceelent tree sketch

Bill, :lol:

Speal Later

ErnstG
01-19-2013, 01:54 PM
@=doppler Hot still day this morning, torpor this afternoon and then breeze picked up.

Guten Abend Annie, ich habe im TV gesehen, dass Sie etwas
"Abkühlung" bekommen!
Ich hätte Ihnen gerne etwas Schnee geschickt, aber bis er
ankommt ist er verdunstet. Gestern konnte ich ein paar Kilo
günstig verkaufen, aber es liegt immer noch zuviel im Garten
davon herum.
Das Wetter heute war grau-in-grau - Ultramarinblau, etwas
Kobaltblau und ein paar Tropfen Siena gebrannt dazu.
Annie Good evening, I saw on TV that you have something
"Cooling" get!
I would have gladly sent some snow, but until he arrives he
is gone. Yesterday I was a few pounds sell low, but there is
still too much in the garden thereof around.
The weather today was gray-in-gray - ultramarine blue,
something Cobalt blue and burnt sienna to a few drops.

Ernst

shipbroker
01-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Evening all........

Stopped snowing at lunchtime now freezing the slush...

US passports.......things have changed a lot..in 1990 only 7% of US Citizens did have passports but now about 1/3rd (110 million) have them as of 2012..Many now need them for their movements in and out of Canada which they didn't before........not sure about Mexico these days.

Water...restored.

We went to the coast to meet our caravanning friends for lunch, there were 32 of us....great lunch...two for the price of one......£14.00 ( $22.50) ..garlic mushroom starters, followed by a carvery ( Turkey/Beef/Ham) plus as many vegetables with Yorkshire Puddings as one wanted.........then a choice of desserts ( we had ice creams with cheesecake).

geoff

Uschi
01-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!!!

Gray in Gray but not cold either and no nasty wind either - I'll take it!!

I played table tennis, on the way home dropped in on DIL's mother for coffee (pre-arranged) and enjoyed an unexpected egg salad sandwhich , was delicious.

Need to do some housework now, well after I am done here.

Annie, yes it is amazing how intuitive animals are.

Welcome to the Daily Wash Pat!!

Sylvia, you are a painting machine:) No way I could keep up with the demands of your painting classes/groups. Mechanically yes, but inspirationally not.

Char, you KNOW all the does and dont's BUT knowledge wasted:evil: :lol: :lol:

Bill, expensive but could have been a lot worse, so the bad becomes good
:smug:

JJ, you look marvellous!!!!!! and your tree sketch isn't bad either :)

Nice lunch Geoff!!

re Passports - Brits have passports because they want to go to warmer climates, people in the USA don't have to do that, you can have HOT, COLD, Sea, Mountains and plain old Prairie, and all that in the same country:thumbsup:

Ernst, gut zum Schifahren:clap: :clap: (good for skiing)

Egon, oh the Zwetschkenknoedel taste so good but as Knoedel go I prefer the Bread/Semmel ones to the potatoe ones. Your lucky wife and daughter, skiing:heart: and coming home to a ready made delicious meal:heart:

Anita, what a nice place to volunteer!!! Do you still have the "room"?????

:wave: to all I did not personally address and sending healing thoughts to all not feeling well!!

Uschi

artdreamer1
01-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Hey all...27 F (windchill 21 F) right now-3 PM. That's going to change starting tonite! Supposed to go to 5 F then, starting tomorrow, single digits for the next 4 days! Anywhere from -4 to -9 below 0 F at night--really rough on the heating bill!!! Humidity is soooo low that, the other day, I had put some webbing/paint on Yupo--usually, it takes overnight to dry...within about an hour-maybe two, it was dry!!!! My skin is going CRAZY (have really dry skin to begin with) and feeling dehydrated all of the time.

Not much going on here--daughter is doing a little better on her new meds; hope it lasts. At least her grades are good-mostly A's/one B except for math. Son (high-functioning autistic) has mostly C's; until this past week, they hadn't been sending any homework since the first few of weeks of school--have to find out what can be done to raise his grades--very frustrating!

Well, gotta get back to painting. My "Wednesday Painting Group" has a show coming up in Feb.; am also hoping to come up with something for the Michigan Watercolor Society (deadline in mid-Feb.). Wanted to do the Transparent WC Society but wasn't overwhelmed with what I've done lately so think I'll wait until I'm "overjoyed" with a painting. Need to save some money...

Have a great day/evening...

Michele

ona
01-19-2013, 04:22 PM
just a quick hi from me and sending hugs to those that need them especially Char and family. Hope you beat that nasty virus and Henry hope you beat that infection too

I've not had a good week either but on the positive side i'm not contagious so my family is safe.

hugs to all and sorry i dont pop in more often. By the time i have a moment its like now and many of you are winding down for the day

Ona

Lulu
01-19-2013, 04:44 PM
(((Ona))), hope you feel better soon. We're winding up for the day - Sunday morning here.
I hope you get better soon too ((((Char))). :heart:

Now you have everyone looking it up Bill :lol: :evil:

I didn't.............
:lol::lol::lol:

Char, no our peas are a summer crop, I think we might be talking about different peas? Ours are green, and you pod them, delicious!

Sylvia, a lamb roast is expensive here too, and would cost around $NZ30+ for a small one.
Bill, we don't grow all that many sheep now, just enough to keep us in meat most of the year, and give some away too (as John did yesterday to our neighbour who had given us some of his fish catch).

re Passports - Brits have passports because they want to go to warmer climates, people in the USA don't have to do that, you can have HOT, COLD, Sea, Mountains and plain old Prairie, and all that in the same country:thumbsup:

You can do all that here too Uschi, and within a very short distance between, but NZ'ers are great travellers. It's only when we come back that we really appreciate what we've got here....

Darla, I am so excited for you!!!!

Ernst, welcome! I like the way you painted the sky for my mind:)
And Egon, welcome back.

We are just back from church, will go and have a cuppa and get on with some painting I think.

NewmarketGEM
01-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Hi All! :wave:

My name is Gail (yes, another one! Strawberry Wine lives very close to me I've found out! :) ) and I'm new to the site as well! From Newmarket, Ontario in Canada. I too must confess to being a bit of a "lurker" Doug, but have recently just taken up watercolour and love it. Looking for incentive and plenty of critique from you all! :eek: Lots to learn!

Anyway, reading the posts seems many of us are making soup today! It must be that time of year! I roasted some beef bones this morning and they are now turning into wonderful aromatic broth and soon to be lentil soup. Hot soup...makes your insides prrrr....

Hope to get to know you all soon - it's a wonderful comaraderie you have here. I was just brave enough too to post my first posting - an attempt at the January challenge of the Amish father & son.... I haven't had the paints out since before the holidays and it gave me the incentive to do that this afternoon - thanks!

Later,
Gail

Yorky
01-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Well Gail, it's a small world. I have visited Newmarket twice when attending the wetcanvas get-togethers at Whispering Pines.

We are one big happy family.

Doug

olliewood0702
01-19-2013, 05:35 PM
We got our passports ordered; we went to the Post Office. It'll take 4-6 weeks. They said that when you go to re-new your drivers license you can ask for an enhanced license and they will have a box checked that you have a passport. This will allow you to travel across our borders (Canada and Mexico) without actually having to have your passport. There is a passport card that basically does the same thing.

I guess you are right that we have it all here, warmth, mountains, snow, prairies and valleys; but there is always something drawing American's to a foreign country. England has so much history and Scotland is the home of my ancestors. We are excited if not a bit nervous.:thumbsup:

We went to three grocery stores and have it all put away. We are planning on watching the first Redwing hockey game tonight. Our team has FOUR injured players already (well one is sick). :rolleyes:

It has been quite mild today but the artic freeze as the forecasters are calling it; is heading our way tonight. We have had lots of wind today too and tomorrow more.

All your talk of soup is making me hungry for it; I have a great recipe for Chicken Tortilla soup that has pumpkin in it, that I've been hungry for. I also have a vegetable soup made with ground beef that is great and a Bacon & Potato Chowder that we love. Soup is so good on a frigid winter day.

I hope Char and her family have been resting today and soon feel better. There is SO MUCH sickness going around that I told Larry I just hate going to the stores. We try not to touch our faces and use anti-bacterial lotion as soon as we get to the car.:crossfingers:

Have a great evening/afternoon everyone.:wave:

NewmarketGEM
01-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Well, I hope you come visit again! Whispering Pines?? Is this something I should find out about?? :confused:

Gail

Well Gail, it's a small world. I have visited Newmarket twice when attending the wetcanvas get-togethers at Whispering Pines.

We are one big happy family.

Doug

Yorky
01-19-2013, 06:09 PM
There were get-togethers at Whispering Pines, Jackson's point a couple of years back organised by Strawberry Wine. If any more are organised there will be plenty of notice.

If you look at the compendium thread near the top of Palette Talk you will see reports of previous get togethers.

Doug

laudesan
01-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Great photos, JJ... Your sketch is nice, also... how neat that you were able to meet up with John! Did he bring along his gorgeous handmade palette?Thank you, and no. He just took his wee w&n travel palette. The "Craig" one is too heavy. I hope you all feel much better real soon.

Sylvia, give the the lobster tails!! :p Lamb is not cheap here either, but I still buy it. It is the one red meat I do enjoy from time to time. It averages between 6-8.00 a kilo.

Lynn, what class? Hugs.

Henry, have fun on Jury Service..

Uschi :heart:

Huge welcome Pat and Gail!! :wave:

:grouphug: to all in need.

I am off to put my ankle up..

:wave:

Scene Chaser
01-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Lynn, I'm not that far yet. Don't tell me about aunt Joan. Oh my!

How do you see the show? I had to subscribe to Acorn on my Roku to see it.
Bill

Lulu
01-19-2013, 08:50 PM
I am off to put my ankle up..

...don't forget where you put it JJ, you might need it later....;) :evil:

We have a Christmas special of Downton Abbey tonight.....will be glued to the tv for 2 hrs.:thumbsup:

LynnM
01-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Bill, I saw it on WNED out of Buffalo, and it is finished now. In that time slot we now have a murder mystery, set in a fictional Caribbean island with a detective from England, quite amusing. They also run Downton Abbey, we are at the 3rd episode of the new series tomorrow night. It is a good station, I watch either that one, or our Ontario TVO which has other good British series (Midsummer Murders for one).

JJ, I am taking Johannes seascape course.

Welcome Gail2, it is a good place here!