PDA

View Full Version : I'm done...time for pumpkin pie

DerRickster
01-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Here we...I'm done...to be honest I didn't have any clue what to do here...no planning...which caused my biggest frustration. Funny things about mindsets...when you have a mind set on something...your mind is set no matter the length of period in between. I'm glad to be done with this...maybe down the road revisit it and get a fresh start and have something in mind on how to do it. This piece was started back in October when I still had problems with trying to draw exactly what I saw. My current works in progress isn't as bad trying to do that. I see my neice hard on herself when she does art and I wonder where she gets that from....:lol::lol::lol: Can't be a Picasso overnight eh? I did learn some stroke techniques that I will use in the future so it really hasn't gone to waste. My mom says she wants this so the materials weren't for naught. Time for me to stop rambling on. Just glad it's out of the way.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jan-2013/1103662-1103662-image.jpg

DerRickster
01-18-2013, 04:14 PM
So who's bringing the whip cream?

mirizar
01-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Very nice shading on those pumpkins! Love the impressionistic style! Keep at it, you will get better and better with practice. How big is this one?

CarlyHardy
01-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Lot of good stuff going on here...rich vibrant color, wonderful textures, and pumpkin pie is a favorite!

DerRickster
01-19-2013, 01:23 AM
11x14. I'm kinda drawn to impressionism for some reason...wait I know why...you can get messy and get away with it?...or is that abstract?:lol:

Flycatcher10
01-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Composition and colors work for me. Pumpkins are nicely defined, good structure and form, like your blend of colors. The blue background is great, giving the pumpkins center stage.

Yep, I'm ready for pie and a nice cup of coffee!

SammyH
01-19-2013, 11:19 AM
This is a very pretty and bright painting. The pumpkins look great and you captured their roundness. Your mom will enjoy this one. Oh, and I like vanilla ice cream with my pie.

Pat Isaac
01-19-2013, 03:23 PM
This turned out quite well and I really like the vibrant color and use of the complements.

Pat

DerRickster
01-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Thank you all for your objective feedback. I am done with this piece and I can get rid of the mindset that I had with it.