PDA

View Full Version : Original Size of Fabrice Morieau Paintings

sander06
01-17-2013, 07:36 AM
Does anyone happen to know where I can find the size of watercolor paper that Fabrice Morieau uses to make his paintings? The detail that is shown in books such as "Provence Sketchbook" would suggests that he uses relatively large paper sizes which are then reduced for publication. I also wonder if he does not paint from photographs since large format watercolor paper would seem to be unweildly in the great outdoors. Thanx:wave:

M.L. Schaefer
01-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Hello, Sander06! Welcome to WetCanvas!

I especially looked up Fabrice Morieau on the net to view his paintings and the detail in them, which is extraordinary. His work is beautiful and he has genius for perspective.

Although I do not know the exact dimensions, he seems to use a nice size sketchbook (8x10???), but not huge sheets of paper by any means.

One photograph shows extremely detailed sketches before he puts down any color, which he seems to do in washes. It looks like some of his workbooks includes wash over pencil and a bits of it just pencil (it's difficult to tell from the size of the photographs.)

I do miniatures and I am familiar with how much detail can actually be placed in a small format!

Again, welcome to WetCanvas! Do you paint architectural elements, landscape and the like? Or do you just admire (as do I) artists with the talent to produce the type of work Morieau produces!

:heart: Margarete