View Full Version : Blue/Violet

DanielO
09-05-2003, 10:59 PM
9x12 oil on canvas

Tamana
09-06-2003, 04:29 PM

axxxel
09-06-2003, 06:59 PM
you should take better shoots to show your art.

DanielO
09-06-2003, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I'm still figuring out this whole digital photography thing. Any tips you have would be appreciated.

axxxel
09-06-2003, 07:20 PM
when you shoot, be sure to be on the exact center of the piece. ( just now you're not, borders are not straight lines & perspectives are false).

xxx

DanielO
09-06-2003, 08:33 PM
Yes, I understand that this is desireable, but I'm unsure how to go about doing it. How do I ensure that the camera is centered?

Tamana
09-07-2003, 12:20 AM
Daniel each camera takes some getting used to. There is normally a view screen that you can activate while shooting. It allows you to actually see the shot prior to taking it, like some video cameras have. Or if you look through the traditional eye thingy, there should be a box that provides you borders for your shot.

I know on the one I have - the borders and even the view screen are off by maybe 2" when the actual shot is taken, but I have gotten used to that and automatically adjust the shot about 2" to the left and it's perfectly centered.

Thing is, play with it. Practice shots inside, outside, different lighting until you get the best shot. Just takes time and practice. :)

Additionally there are some editing programs AFTER you take the shot and download it that can assist you with cropping extra edges to give it a straight border.