PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Wednesday 16th January 2013**

shipbroker
01-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Morning all

Well the deep fog like the deep sleep seems to have lifted

Today the car gets four new tyres at far end of town so I will walk back through the big Wenesday Market and get some fruit and perhaps have breakfast out, a rare event.

Back later

geoff

kaypainter
01-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Have a lovely walk and breakfast out Geoff.

I never did get around to a walk. Worked on song for audition. Put away laundry, fed cats, shot for Esme, dinner for me, then worked on the accounts. I don't make resolutions, but I really need to stay more on top of them this year.

I'm about to enjoy a cup of decaf and a B&B. Then off to bed!

HAWLTAIN
:wave: :wave:
Kay

Yorky
01-16-2013, 01:32 AM
Good morning all. Still abed here Geoff.

Probus lunch today and Heritage dinner tonight. Bang goes my diet!

Big item on news here is horse meat found in supermarket beefburgers :eek:

Well, I'm up now. Missed the refuse collectors :rolleyes:

It's dry and overcast and hovering around zero.

Doug

Lulu
01-16-2013, 02:58 AM
Hi Geoff, Kay, Doug.....

Quick visit as my sister is visiting.

Hope you don't get hamburgers at your dinner Doug:lol:

Kay, what is B&B? Here it means bed & breakfast! lol

Yorky
01-16-2013, 02:59 AM
Hi Lulu :wave:

They also found pork in beefburgers/ Goes to show you can't know what is in manufactured food.

Incidentally the paintings in the 2012 Watercolor Art Show are fabulous this year.

Doug

doppler
01-16-2013, 03:31 AM
Good evening all.

Back to routine temps and lovely breezes but still no rain or any sign of it. Heard from the Weather Bureau on radio today ... January average is something like 157mm ... last year we had 300mm ... This year thus far we have had 0.2mm. :eek: It is our wet season in the old "normal". Future "normal" remains to be seen. it is going to be dry methinks.:( Wait and see. No choice.

I haven't eaten a commercial hamburger for at least a decade since seeing a stomach churning and meat churning documentary Doug. I'm ashamed I ever did eat them thinking them food. Who knows what goes into the muck. Horses, dogs, pigs, cats, guinea pigs, the occasional stray slipper and most probably all those missing protein filled socks. :lol: Therein lies the solution to a worldwide sock deficiency mystery.:lol:

Work Ok today. Problems set on their own road.

Cats still voluntarily hugging the house. Out of character. Makes me nervous. They are old wise but young stupid. Must be something hanging around again. Haven't seen Monty for a while.

:wave: Dinner cooking

Yorky
01-16-2013, 03:34 AM
I don't eat burgers either Annie, I hate MacDonalds and all the American food chains. When we eat in a mall in America I have difficulty finding palatable food, I'm usually reduced to eating pizza.

Doug

doppler
01-16-2013, 04:09 AM
Doug, we had pizza at Dallas airport. Better ? Than all the other viable alternatives. Roger wouldn't let me have a beer :rolleyes: because we had been travelling for so long and I was so tired, tired enough to be chatty. We were starving and so chomped through the most plastic tasteless thing I have ever met. I dont think there was much nutrition there but there were calories. Then we did the tram ride around and around the airport. Mostly to find our gate. It was fun, only when we found it. We got there in time.:

Our friends in Tennessee laughed hysterically when we said we had pizza at Dallas :cool:

Yorky
01-16-2013, 04:29 AM
A letter in the Daily Mail this morning:

"A government warning said anyone travelling in icy conditions should take:

a shovel,
hat,
blankets,
a supply of food, and drink,
de-icer,
rock salt,
a torch and spare batteries,
a petrol can,
first aid kit
and jump leads.

I felt a right prat on the bus."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug

doppler
01-16-2013, 04:33 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

laudesan
01-16-2013, 05:02 AM
They also found pork in beefburgers/ Goes to show you can't know what is in manufactured food.You know why hamburger meat is decidedly chewy? It is made from noses and bums!!:thumbsup:

I am having a slow cooked lamb shank for supper....

dlwilliams48
01-16-2013, 06:02 AM
Good morning all. Still warm, and of course a nice steady rain. Which would be OK except we still have some loading of the trailer to complete, so I'm letting DW have an extra 1/2 of sleep, hoping the rain will let off some. We had hoped to get on the road by 8 AM, now I am hoping for 9. At least it is only a 4 hour drive and the weather is dry at the camp ground. Rain tomorrow there.

Doug, I don't care for American fast food either, but sometimes there is not much alternative.

DW and I had a very nice meal of Haddock in the Salt Lake City airport last year, but it wasn't cheap. We ate at a "regular", sit down restaurant though.

I have sketch pads, pens, pencil, watercolor, travel palette, etc. all packed up. Hope I actually get to use it.

Yorky
01-16-2013, 06:07 AM
I have sketch pads, pens, pencil, watercolor, travel palette, etc. all packed up. Hope I actually get to use it.

I hope so Don have a great break an I look forward to your sketches. You have to be determined to sketch but once you start you can't stop.

Doug

shipbroker
01-16-2013, 07:11 AM
Afternoon all......

Still only -3C in sun.......

Beefburgers, don't like the US Style chain burgers but one of the farms we caravan on sells his beef stock to M's........and it is the whole beast not just noses & bums JJ! But wouldn't have any problem with horse at all...very tasty.

geoff

Scene Chaser
01-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Good Day All,
18 F, -8 C and the sun is thinking of showing itself.

I read an article yesterday that Tesco, a British Isle super market chain, had horse and pig DNA in their hamburger. Some people for religious reasons might care but I don't.
I grew up on hamburgers and I use to love them, especially Burger King's Whopper. McDonald's, no. Hamburgers originally were made from quality meats such as ground chuck, but not anymore. I use to be a manager at a McDonald's.

Don, have a great trip. SKETCH!!

Doug, have a great lunch, which you probably have by now.

Annie, won't you go hunting for whatever is lurking to eat your cats?

later,
Bill

Ellen in Ont
01-16-2013, 08:07 AM
:wave: everyone,
It is grey and windy out. The temps are supposed to go down to -35 tonight with a wind chill on top of that. I might get out my warm coat to walk to work in the morning. Today I have an appointment for a hair cut this morning and will probably do some vacuuming later. Other than that, not a lot planned.

I am off to the ref library looking for the perfect set of eyes for my next painting. :D I'll also check out the 2012 paintings Doug mentioned. Have a safe day with improved health for those under the weather.

painterbear
01-16-2013, 08:23 AM
Good Morning all,
It is 8:15 a.m. here in overcast, chilly Oakwood. Bit of roaming around Dayton getting parts for the furnace (new filters) and whatever else we find this morning.

I need to look for a reference I can paint in class next week with minimum fiddling...that's Nita's plan for the next two classes. :rolleyes: Fiddling-R-Us is my middle name, so this isn't going to be easy.

We had some Mahi-Mahi for dinner last night. It was the first time I had tasted it and I thought it was very good. Nice texture, not too fishy, good flavor. We'll get it again, I'm sure. I was getting tired of salmon (Larry's favorite), so I'm glad to have another kind of fish to enjoy. :D

We seldom eat in fast-food joints anywhere...although I must say I used to LOVE the Doner-Kebab we could get in turkey sliced right off the revolving spit onto pita bread....that is wonderful food. Much better than the gyro sandwiches they sell in some places here in the States.

I really enjoy a good hamburger...made with the good ground chuck I buy at our local grocery store. We have three stores where we trust the butchers and can actually see them and talk to them about the meats we are buying.

Wish we could get the lamb that is imported from New Zealand and Australia at the prices you guys probably pay for it. Lamb has become a luxury meat for us. Bought two lamb shanks (from NZ) the other day and they cost $9.75. I make them the Turkish way and it is delicious.

Annie, Wish you could report on a good rain storm one of these days soon. That is a serious difference in the amount of rain you've gotten. :eek:

Don, Hope you are off on schedule and have a good time with your new travel trailer. Enjoy the time off to do some art. :D

Uschi, :clap: on your being able to walk comfortably on the treadmill at the gym. I'm so glad you enjoyed the time there. Have fun with the rest of the time.

Kay, Hope the audition goes well for you. :crossfingers: Are you staying warm with the weird weather these days?

:wave: to Lulu, Goeff, Doug, Ellen, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

CharM
01-16-2013, 08:35 AM
Good morning... The sun hasn't bothered to show its face this morning. It's a little colder at -3C but there's no wind so it really isn't bad at all. There's no snow predicted for the next several days.

All three kitties are outside doing what needs to be done before their breakfast. They are very effective alarms, I might add... :)

Matt has the dreaded man cold. He cannot function. And he's sicker than I've ever been. :)

I have a Class this afternoon at the Centre... It's our first of five... the workshop is designed to take six weekly sessions, so we've increased our time in each of the five by half an hour... It'll all work out.

The helicopter that crashed into a crane in London (not SW Ontario's) is absolutely tragic...

Hi Geoff... Breakfast out sounds like fun... the new tires not so much 'cause of the $$$$.

Hi Kay... good luck (or break a leg) with your audition! What's a B&B?

Doug... I grind our own meat for burgers but it's due to the probability of listeria and pink slime... you don't want to know about pink slime.

:clap: Sister's visit, Lulu!

Annie, our weather patterns have changed dramatically here in SW Ontario over the past 40 years... I sure hope this drought of yours isn't a portent of things to come!!! :eek: BTW... Matt and his girl have discovered Dr. Who... :)

Hi JJ... cat and dog food maybe...

It's exciting to make this trip in your spiffy new trailer, Don! Sketch!

Hi Bill... I agree with you, but perhaps the issue is more "truth in advertising" than anything... If you see the sun, please send a little of it our way...

How interesting Ellen... my Tuesday morning painter friend and I will be doing eyes next week!

Sylvia, we've stopped buying supermarket proteins because we just can't trust them anymore... That meat is all shipped in and pre-packaged for the most part. Our local butcher's prices are comparable and we know where our meats came from... buy local!

I think I'll make a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries... I'm hungry after all this food talk! :lol: Have a wonderfully creative, happy and healthy day everyone! :heart:

olliewood0702
01-16-2013, 08:45 AM
HAPPY HUMP DAY ALL!

It's brilliantly sunny this morning and COLD.

I couldn't fall asleep last night....again.:rolleyes: We went to bed early at 9:20pm (early for us) and Larry proceeded to fall asleep and start snoring and I was STILL awake at 11:30pm!:confused: GRR...I don't know what's up with that lately.

Doug, I don't know what I'll eat on our trip but probably NOT the hamburger. Like Char, we buy our hamburger from our local neighborhood grocer and it's local beef. :thumbsup: My daughter is a vegetarian BECAUSE of a book she read called "Skinny B!&@%" and it tells how inhumanely animals are slaughtered. She's never eaten hamberger...or ANY meat again. I don't want to read that book but there are times I think I could be a vegetarian and times I don't think I could.Larry could never be one. Now the two older granddaughters are becoming meatless eaters too.

Sylvia, I like fish of most kinds but Larry doesn't care for it. HE'll eat it once in a while but isn't a fan. I like Salmon, Tilipia, Mahi Mahi, Tuna, trout, cod. I hope you find a ref pic to paint. I'm a fiddler too.:rolleyes:

I painted a little bit last night, working on a lighthouse painting with some ink; from a reference pic I took in Michigan's upper peninsula.

Fast food is something we eat rarely. Once in a while we do as a convenience but we are the type of people that like home cooked meals. Hot dogs are another processed meat product that you DON'T want to know what's in them; but I have been known to eat one at a baseball or hockey game. Pizza is usually a safe choice.

Best of luck at your audition, Kay!

I've set up my treadmill and I'm starting to walk for a bit in the evenings. I've been procrastinating about excercizing but I really HAVE to do it. Larry needs to do it too but he works on his feet all day long and walks quite a bit so he doesn't need it as much as I do...I sit all day. I HATE it too.

Sending (((()))) to all in need; and I hope you are all on the mend.

Enjoy your day everyone!:heart: :wave:

LynnM
01-16-2013, 08:56 AM
:wave:

Scene Chaser
01-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Sylvia, we like Mahi Mahi, too. The best I've found, other than in Hawaii, is at Costco. They also have great lake trout. Tonight we are eating Hake.

Darla, I've been thinking of painting your photo of the Old Mission Lighthouse. Is that the one you are painting?
The UK has great fish and chips. It will be my first meal when I go back again. It was when we were there last. We first stayed at the Gateway hotel in Burford. Good food.

Char, I am sending sun your way. I have nothing but blue skies and freezing cold.
Yes, truth is advertising is the main issue.

:wave: Ellen, Lynn
Bill

Strawberry Wine
01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Good Day Washers !

Sunshine and Blue skies and a mild -2 C. Beautiful winter's day!

Ellen, shivering, I would not leave the house. :D

Just a quick pop in to say "hello" and then I need to get ready to head south to Newmarket. 20 mins south.:)

Char, poor Matt, I am thinking it is more than a " man cold" and I am also thinking he would have had a flu shot.

Uschi, thumbs up on being able to walk on the tread mill.

:wave: to all.

Cheers,

Gail

WthrLady
01-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Good morning all.

I'm hoping I'm on the upswing. I feel less run over. My sleep schedule is SO messed up, like Darla. I WANT to sleep starting at around 330 when it starts to get dark, but when I finally GET to bed at 10, I'm wide awake until around 2am. Then I sleep until 8. It's silly.

My shoulder/neck injury from October is not enjoying the chill and damp in the air. I swear, if it's not one thing it's another.

I realized last night that since a week before Thanksgiving, I've only been off the base FOUR TIMES! (not including the DH hospital incident), and ON base only out of the house for weekly runs to the market. OH how sad is that?! No wonder I'm going stir crazy!

Back to the wash - I agree with the fast food comment, ICK. And I agree with using the local shop! Besides it's much more fresh and flavourful!

I'm keeping up with the reading the wash, even if I don't get to indiviual comment replies. ((((hugs to those that need them)))))

Don - enjoy the holiday weekend!

We might see flurries down here in the morning as the front passes! I'll get photos! It doesn't snow often here!

Have a good day y'all!

WthrLady
01-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Char, poor Matt, I am thinking it is more than a " man cold" and I am also thinking he would have had a flu shot.

Of the many neighbors/friends/coworkers I know personally that picked up this flu this winter, the true respiratory H3N2 flu, ALL but ONE had had the flu shot. Those that got the shot, all had it LONG before flu season started, well clear of the two week effective date. (flu season down here is year round, but really kicks in in late October/early November- peaks in Mid Decemeber.)

The shot is well matched, but only 55% effective they say. And it is MEAN! and long lived. They say the shot lessens the severeity, I can't imagine what it would have been like had I NOT had the shot. OMG.

I hope Matt feels better soon !

shipbroker
01-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Good day all..

Freezing fog here all afternoon...........increased the oil flow in the boiler and put some background electric heating on too, put another layer on clotheswise ......had a bowl of vegetable soup!

Sori...Lamb steaks tonight.....loads of mint sauce and some mange tous and sugar snap peas that I bought cheaply as 'out of date' yesterday, followed by similar blueberries and grapes and bananas as a fruit salad....

geoff

JudyL
01-16-2013, 11:43 AM
"Colder than a witches *** " I never knew the rest of that saying, my dad would say that and my Mum would shout "Morris!"
Anyway cold!

I love Burger King, Micky D's, Carl's Jr and Taco Bell, don't care what's in there as long as it tastes good, never been sick after eating any fast food. Having said that, I don't eat that much so I don't break out in fat! More chicken burgers and salads.

I've been on a soup kick lately, must have something to do with the weather, did I mention it's cold here?

Story in the news this morning, a woman in Portland, got stuck between two walls, an 8" space, and had to be rescued, she had been sitting on the wall some storys above having a cigarette, and fell, wonder if she will quit smoking now?

Jack back from his run, mustache.

Yorky
01-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Colder than a witch's heart Judy :)

It's 0C here and very chilly.

Doug

Ellen in Ont
01-16-2013, 12:17 PM
An update on our weather. I will be getting my warm coat out after all to walk to work in the morning. They are predicting a windchill of -48c! :rolleyes: I might even put jogging pants over my scrubs. They aren't much protection from the wind. :D

kaypainter
01-16-2013, 01:07 PM
An update on our weather. I will be getting my warm coat out after all to walk to work in the morning. They are predicting a windchill of -48c! :rolleyes: I might even put jogging pants over my scrubs. They aren't much protection from the wind. :D

:eek: :eek:

Thanks for all the good thoughts for my audition. I can certainly use them.

Lulu, Char -- B&B is brandy and Benedictine. I decided to buy myself a bottle for a Christmas treat. My favorite is Drambuie, but it's way more expensive.

I stopped buying ground beef at the market after reading an article in the NY Times. :eek:

I'm with you Judy. I used to love Taco Bell, Jack in the Box and Carl's Jr. But when I stopped eating wheat it became too difficult to pick food in fast food joints. I do like McDonald's french fries, but only eat them once a decade or so. :lol:

Colder than a witch's heart Judy :)

:lol: :lol: That's the clean version. :evil:

Caryl glad you're on the mend -- sorta.

Wow Annie that is a rain deficit. Is there any "normal" to any weather any more?

Sylvia I hate to see my heating bill next month. These old apartment buildings were never built for this kind of weather (hot or cold). And of course the landlord has no incentive to improve them because we all pay our own gas and electric. Up to us to deal with it or move. Hope you find a reference.

Have fun Don :wave:

:wave: Bill, Lynn, JJ, Gail, Darla

HAWLTAIN

Kay

Flattwo
01-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi to All

So that's where Shergar went! I don't eat supermarket burgers, disgusting!

We try and cook everything fresh, tastes better and is cheaper.

I like Annies theory about the missing protein rich socks :D

I remember my Father telling me that he ate Whale meat during WW2, I thought he was just blabbering is was it blubbering on as usual.

Doug :lol: they forgot to add wives to that list, to push start the car when the battery is dud!

Bill, here in Scotland we use Haddock rather than Cod in England for fish dinners, not that it makes much difference to me, I don't eat fish

Henry

Uschi
01-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!!!

Bright sunshine and temperature not too cold, not much wind either.

The Ministry of Health has given table tennis clubs money for trainers to entice new seniors to get interested. So here were we, old dogs:) , trying to learn new tricks:rolleyes: :lol: I am 99.99% sure that the minute he has finished we will all be back to our old way of playing:lol: :lol: He'll be there on Wednesday's for almost 3 month.

Still, it was tiring and I might succumb to a little nap.

Taking Ava for her swimming lesson in the evening.

Kay :crossfingers: :crossfingers: for an excellent audition and consequent role.

Very, Very, VERY rarely eat fast food. So much Fat, Salt, Sugar - I am trying to stay healthy.

Ellen, BRRRRR, that's cold:eek:

Caryl, I am so glad you are finally feeling better!!!

Char, poor Matt!!! Is that Wednesday afternoon class instead of the evening one??

Talking about eating fish, I have come to the realization that a MAJOR contributer to my digestive problems were the daily Cod Liver Oil supplements I was taking. The worst of all is smoked salmon which I LOVE. At first I thought it was any oil/fat that was the culprit but then I realized it was just the fish oil. Not taking it made a huge difference.

Horse meat, had some of that around the end of and after the war. Did you know that the real Hungarian Salami is, and always has been, made of donkey meat???

Don, I hope you and your wife have a wonderful vacation!!!

Annie and JJ, I am sooooooooo sorry about your lack of rain, soooooo troubling!!!!

Lulu, time and sleeps are racing along.

Well, I am going to sit and do nothing for a while, then the dishes.

Nipper Geoff, I hope you are well and it is being busy with company that is keeping you away.

Steve, tinking of you during this difficult time!!

:grouphug: to all not feeling well!!

:wave: to ALL!!!!

shipbroker
01-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Evening all,

Haddock or Cod or any of many other fishes other than Salmon...can't stand the fresh stuff but could live on smoked or tinned! Bought some Herring & Mackerel fillets yesterday on the reduced counter...methinks George Foreman grilled for breakfast when Eileen isn't about....

Whalemeat I just about remember along with some South African stuff called Snoek which we got in 1945ish.....end of WW2. Didn't like either but it wasn't rationed I suspect.

Horsemeat....think we have been down this path before here...in 1965 or 66,I forget which, we had an extended school visit to Paris and stayed at the prestigious Lycee Janson de Sailly (16e).....like some of the English Boarding Schools it was basic to a fault, cold water showers being one 'punishment', but the food every night was a permutation of three different meats, one of which was 'special' steak which was the toughest but tastiest...this was served with artichokes which none of us boys liked but were forced to eat.
We were only told on our last evening that this had been horse......so I know what it tasted of then and have had it once,as a choice, in Belgium a few years ago on a BBQ..which was fine.

Thick freezing fog here still.......think you will get the next load of snow before we do Doug...scheduled for Thursday night onwards..

cheers

geoff

NancyR
01-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Quick hello from freezing Vegas. The casinos are winning!

They all have intricate carpets. After the first day I realized they would make perfect Zentangle patterns. So, today I am carrying my iPad and taking photos.

The air is so dry here, both of us are having bloody noses. Bummer.

Today is shopping day. Bye for now.

painterbear
01-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Hi Again,
Zipping through but a couple of thoughts first. :D

B&B is brandy and Benedictine. I decided to buy myself a bottle for a Christmas treat. My favorite is Drambuie, but it's way more expensive.

Kay, When I went to a French cooking school in Dieppe, one of our afternoon journeys was to the B & B Factory at the Abbey in Fecamp where it was first distilled. It was a most interesting tour, but, unfortunately, they didn't have a tasting room at the end. :o

Doug they forgot to add wives to that list, to push start the car when the battery is dud!

Henry, You laugh, but when Larry and I were first married, we had a very old Chevy car which was a stick shift. I didn't know how to drive a stick shift car, so one night when the car wouldn't start, guess who was pushing it while Larry tried to get the motor to turn over. :rolleyes: At that time, I weighed about 115 lbs, so you can imagine what a job it was. :rolleyes: again.

They all have intricate carpets. After the first day I realized they would make perfect Zentangle patterns. So, today I am carrying my iPad and taking photos.

Nancy, There is a morning art class in the same room where my Monday afternoon class is held. Some of the students in that class are also in my afternoon class. Guess what they are working on lately...zentangles! One of the women is especially taken with them and is turning out lovely works.

Geoff,
I grew up in the area where Philly Cheese Steaks are a noted culinary delight. ;) This is composed of very thinly sliced rib eye steak meat, quickly sauteed on a grill, top with slices of cheese and served on a long bread roll. It is delicious when done right. I remember the shock when I was about 16 or 17 years old and we heard that one of our favorite places to buy our Cheese Steaks was closed down by the health department for using horse meat in their sandwiches. We were all horrified, not because of the horse meat, but because we all thought they had the most delicious sandwiches and didn't want them to be closed down. ;)

Caryl,
Hope you feel well enough to journey off-base soon. :o

:wave: to all. Tempis fuget and all.

SYL,

Sylvia

shipbroker
01-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Philly Cheese & Steak.....sounds good to me too Sylvia.....
I,unlike Eileen, do like 'proper' beefburgers and steaks but don't have them very often..........although she prefers beef to anything she is a Sunday Roast type person ( without a bloody centre) or we do have lots of slow-cooked braised beef type dishes...

geoff

Flattwo
01-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Sylvia :eek: I love a thinly cut grilled sirloin steak in a mayo pannini with raw sliced onion and horseradish sauce and tomato and lettuce.....well that's tomorrows dinner sorted :D and I may now add a slice swiss cheese on top!

Henry

Lulu
01-16-2013, 04:44 PM
"Colder than a witches *** " I never knew the rest of that saying, my dad would say that and my Mum would shout "Morris!"

Now that made me LOL!:lol: In my mother's case it was "Jim!!!" :lol:

:lol: :lol: That's the clean version. :evil:

Doug's too innocent to know the other one Kay.........;)

Morning all!:wave: Enjoying sister's visit:heart:

CharM
01-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone... It's sure been a long afternoon, but I got through the first class to paint another day. :) Actually, the first day's always the worst and it'll be smooth sailing (mostly) from here on end... It's a full Class with 16 Students and I won't have any night classes for at least the foreseeable future!

I brought a spotlight, some tomatoes and some eggs to demonstrate how lighting affects shadows, highlights and reflected light... It was worthwhile because Artists are so visual.

I don't eat any red meat at all and my men have cut way back too... I have never eaten a Philly cheese steak sandwich! We've been eating more fish and vegetarian meals... chicken, too. The problem now is finding affordable organic proteins. No socks, though.

Thanks for sharing your sunshine, Bill! It arrived and warmed the day so beautifully!

And yes, Matt had to get a flu shot... he's really been sick with this...

:wave: All... I need to get dinner in the oven!

shipbroker
01-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Sylvia :eek: I love a thinly cut grilled sirloin steak in a mayo pannini with raw sliced onion and horseradish sauce and tomato and lettuce.....well that's tomorrows dinner sorted :D and I may now add a slice swiss cheese on top!

Henry
What time shall I call round for lunch then Henry???

rgds

geoff

Flattwo
01-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Your welcome anytime Geoff, but don't be late, I might scoff yours!

Henry

JudyL
01-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Ah forbidden food! when I was a Girl Scout, we were going to the Girl Scout Round up, at Button Bay Vermont, we had to have something indicate something that was from our area. Well the only thing we could think of was historical, whaling. So we found some whale meat only found in San Francisco's China Town, in cans, so we made something like a chow mein. I recall not liking it.

Oh, my dad, only got as far as "T" before mom stopped him.

Bought a smallish freezer today at Sears, I made the salesman laugh when I said I didn't want "the kind you can hide a body in.." ;)
On the way home the freeway was totally congested, turns out a Fifth Wheel trailer (caravan) fell off his truck and across all the lanes of traffic, fun fun fun!

NancyR
01-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Finally warmed up in Vegas. I took my jackpot money and bought a sparkly Swarovski bracelet to remind me of our trip. :clap:

Tonight we are going to McDonalds for dinner. We have been eating too much, but only two meals a day. We are just going to stay in our casino and Aria's tonight. Still have a little money to lose!

Lulu
01-16-2013, 09:28 PM
I took my jackpot money and bought a sparkly Swarovski bracelet to remind me of our trip. :clap:

:thumbsup: