PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Sunday 13th January 2013 ***

Yorky
01-13-2013, 02:51 AM
Well here goes Geoff - you're safe! :lol:

Good morning all from a freezing West Lancashire 0C.

More loft clearing today, David is coming down to help.

Hopefully I'll be able to paint today albeit on the iPad, I need practice.

Doug

doppler
01-13-2013, 03:18 AM
Good evening Doug. Can't rely on the antipodeans to do anything can you? :lol:

Well, IT WAS TOO DARNED HOT. Theres a song about that somewhere? It really was. I painted this morning and finished up when I realized the dripping sweat was landing on the painting, and my glasses. Is sweat archival? At least I wet the brushes.

After that came torpor. Without enough breeze to cool it down. When it's really hot like this if you don't move or breathe you don't sweat. I started readin a book recommenended by a friend, AJ McKinnons "The Unlikely Voyage of Jack de Crow". Lost myself in canals in England and France and the memory of mirror dinghies.

Sun goes down a bit and the watering rounds start. It's only saviour watering. Waiting for the great rains watering. :cool:

No AC here because we don't need it for more than a few days a year normally. Now? Solar AC is starting to make sense. Cold air when the sun is shining?

Got to go and make up a dinner :wave:

Yorky
01-13-2013, 03:23 AM
Good evening Annie. Solar AC sounds like a good trade off.

I look forward to seeing your painting. It will be wonderful of course, they all are. Luckily I have one at the foot of the stairs.

Ruth has been sorting her sock drawer and is looking for a one legged sock thief :lol:

Doug

doppler
01-13-2013, 03:51 AM
It's in the gouache corner Doug. Not one of the betters but it was fun. Feel like a dullard after seeing all the fabulous work everyone else has painted.

Smoke is roaring in now from Bribie Island. Smoke is roaring out of the house as I cook dinner. Can there be a cosmic conjunction of souls and we get a big angry Cumulonimbus right above us who takes fright?:lol:

Not likely. Going in to turn over the tatties now and pretend to be a housewife. Roger is ironing his shirt for tomorrow. :rolleyes:

PS tell Ruth that I found a whole hoard of partner less socks on the line today. They must have been transported. I JUST don't know where they go. Even numbers in. Odd numbers out? :confused:

shipbroker
01-13-2013, 04:59 AM
Morning all

Did look in a couple of times during night but kept my promise!

Sock thief been here too Doug as seven odd ones in drawer

bright dat here but very cold

Geoff

dlwilliams48
01-13-2013, 05:10 AM
A quick good morning all as I get ready for work. Don't like working on a Sunday, but twice a year I have to. If things go well, I will be able to leave around noon.

A good day yesterday working in and around the new camper, getting organized, etc. Got the 2" receiver mounted on the back bumper for the bicycle rack too. Got to have the bikes when we camp.

Very warm this morning. I'll be wearing a short sleeve shirt to work. A little after 5 AM and it is already 65F (18C).

Island Nipper
01-13-2013, 06:15 AM
Good morning all,4deg and sunny here.

Uschi and Judy enjoy your jazz

Annie that's a great book, I was sad when his hat was stolen. I started sailing in Mirrors.

Karl, great, you know more about the Island than I. Do now.

Not well today and am back to bed

Bye everyone.

Scene Chaser
01-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Good Day All,

Itís 39 F and Iím able to open the door for a short time to allow Ms. Feral in for pets. She has a loud purr.

Henry, Iím jealous about the teapot. Janet, my DW, would not like it, though, as she doesnít like Marmite. I love it, she hates it. Isnít that the way? Is the Marmite tea good?

Doug, Iím not loft cleaning but basement cleaning.

Annie, the salt from your sweat will make interesting effects. Wish you had AC for just a little while. Sitting in a bath can help. In fact, itís encouraged for the elderly without AC. Not that you are elderly.:clear:

I donít worry so much about sock thieves now. When Iím home, which is most of the time now, I wear white socks. Who cares if one goes missing? :)

((Geoff H)) hope you feel better soon.

I will paint this morning.

Bill

Uschi
01-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

It's taking a long time to lighten up because it is raining. Temperature to go up to 12C - January thaw, all the snow has gone.

Jodi and Hans are coming for brunch today, looking forward to it. Apart from that nothing new and nothing exciting happening in my household.

Annie, OMG, I never realized that you don't have air conditioning:eek: :eek: Lots of fans, I hope.

((((((Nipper Geoff))))) Hopefully tomorrow will be better!!!!

Don, yes bikes are such fun when you are on holiday.

Can anyone remember - were there sock thieves before washers and dryers arrived????

Bill, did you ever catch any cat food thieves with your camera??

Geoff, I hope your mom is better today.

Doug, maybe Peter finds more money:lol:

:wave: to all yet to come!!!

Uschi

Scene Chaser
01-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Uschi, I caught them with the camera only after I caught them with a live trap.
the possums are not friendly animals in this continent, but they are not aggressive, either. Bill
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2013/83119-possum.jpg

Doris345
01-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Good morning, washers

Doug, Geoff - the sock thieves are one-legged trolls who live in the washing machines. They have long needle-thin fingers that poke into the big wash basket of the machine and snag any sock they like - this while hanging onto the outside of the basket and spinning and shaking as the wash cycles through. Very skinny trolls to fit between the basket and the sides of the machine, of course.

Annie - LOL at archival sweat.

Hi Don, Bill, Uschi.

Kay - I'm glad you like Pes's film. Apparently they are checking to see if it is the shortest short film ever nominated - less than 2 min. If you go back to his website, there is an interview with him that explains how he does the stop action. Also - check out my favorite: "Roof Sex."

Balmy 50 deg here already, but kinda cloudy. Off now to find some boxes so I can start packing things. I am having the apartment painted next weekend. I already regret making that decision. I have put this off for 10 years for a reason: a lot of work.

Catch you later. See Pes's Oscar-nominated film, everyone: www.eatpes.com (http://www.eatpes.com)

Doris

Doris345
01-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Bill -
Nasty looking creatures. Why aren't they playing possum?
Doris

Yorky
01-13-2013, 09:04 AM
What a brilliant film Doris, I'm glad you reposted the link.

Doug

Gloppus
01-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Good morning, all.

Well, I had my first watercolor class, Friday. My picture was terrible. The class was great fun. I learned a lot about what the water and paint do when they hit the paper. Now I'm one step closer to my goal of adding some color to my sketchbook pages.

I posted some photos in the "Weekly Inspirational Photos" thread in the Art Journals forum. I'd be pleased if any of you would care to have a look.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Later... :wave:

Strawberry Wine
01-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Good Day Washers from a very wet, rice paddy flooded but mild Island Grove. all snow has melted here as well and we had quite a bit on the ground. :crossfingers: that we receive a few inches of the white stuff before the temperatures plummet later this week.

Inside plans for today as I don' t think I will even stick my head out the door. Nothing much needs doing except a bit of laundry. My sister Nancy came up on Friday afternoon and has just left as she has to work today.

A belated http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2013/13320-Birthday_two.gif TED !!!!!!!! Welcome to the 60's !

Bill, your possoms look a bit different from ours... I don't think ours have as much hair....

Don, your camper interior looks cozy and well organized. Nice to have the slide out for the dinette area... We find the extra floor space wonderful.

Nippper Geoff, hope you are feeling better soon. Too much company?

Uschi, that is quite the accomplishement that Nathan has achieved already.

Steve, thinking about you, your Mom and family :grouphug:

Time to organize the laundry.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

NancyR
01-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Good morning, I am trying to wake up and get ready to head out the door to the airport.

I have a real sock thief, our dog. She adores socks. Whenever one is missing we eventually find it. She comes running when we do wash and when we transfer the clothes to the dryer. She is faster than lightening.

If she is lucky, she will hide the sock. Then when you are comfortable in the evening, she will walk around with it all jumbled up in her mouth while crying. Once in a while, she manages to get it outside where it lays in the grass. Once it has aged, she will then bring it in looking for a cookie.

Time to get ready.

CharM
01-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Good morning Washers! Well... I still don't have the furnace turned on and it's 21C in the house! It's only 7C outside, but with precious little breeze, we're still nice and toasty... The bit of wind we do have is swinging around to the North and I think it's going to get much colder.

Lots of rain during the night, water is laying everywhere because the ground is still frozen. Future skating rinks, perhaps.

Ted's Birthday was nice. And he was pleasantly surprised by all your nice wishes for him. Our dinner was a lot of fun and we should plan to do it more often than just for celebrations. Both older boys called him and then confessed that I'd texted them the day before as a reminder... men...

I've drawn out my third poppy for this small series... I managed to paint a couple petals before all my guests arrived. I'd gotten rid of all my Christmas baking (handing it out as gifts), but I did have a big box of cookies covered in Belgian chocolate... they're always a treat... a little brie with hot pepper jelly... my own salsa... homemade tortilla chips... it set a nice snack table...

Today... laundry... what else, it's the weekend? Painting... reading... perhaps a quick trip to the grocery store... kitties have run out of kibble...

It'll be fun to learn what new treasures you find in your attic, Doug! Did you make a decision about Windows 8?

Solar AC really does sound interesting, Annie! I was thinking same thing as Bill about your salt effects on your painting... I'll nip over to the Gouache corner to see what you've done (never, ever, ever a dullard)...

Geoff... my Stepfather could not tolerate morphine well... it really did cause him to hallucinate and seem to be demented... funny thing was that every now and again, he'd experience a lucid moment and laugh about his *visions*...

I hope your Mother is doing better today... and you, too...

I have a bag hanging by the dryer that houses orphaned socks... sometimes their partners show up and I can become a matchmaker...

I hope you'll be able to finish up by noon, Don...

(((Nipper))) Take care...

Hi Bill... I was surprised that your possum has ears! We have a new feral that's been visiting our porch... She (could be a he, I don't know for sure) is black and white... and when I put food down, she/he rewards me with a loud pppprrrrrouw... I don't dare leave food out though because we get raccoons...

So, what are you serving for brunch, Uschi? :lol: :p Enjoy!!! HUGE congratulations to young Ethan!

Wonderful film, Doris... thanks for reposting... :crossfingers: for your Nephew!

Lots of water laying around here, too, Gail...

Hi Gloppus... isn't it fun to watch what your pigment does when it hits the water on your paper?

Nancy, I :lol: about your dog's sock thievery... And :wave:

It's time for a second cup of coffee... would you believe that everyone here is STILL sleeping!!! Of course, it's not very bright outside because of the heavy clouds and rain... but still... I hope that everyone has the very best possible day! :wave:

Yorky
01-13-2013, 09:35 AM
It'll be fun to learn what new treasures you find in your attic, Doug! Did you make a decision about Windows 8?

I know we have an old knitting machine which will come down Char, Ruth has found someone who has a home for it. I wasn't contemplating getting W8, I was only enquiring in case I got a flood of complaints about the uploader etc. Anyhow I asked in another forum and apparently the full version works without a problem.

Doug

shipbroker
01-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Afternoon all.......

Doris..you have the same sock thieves over there then!

Well it is a decent day weatherwise so decided to have a 'me day' and went up into Swaledale via the Outdoor Market on Catterick Racecourse and a couple of caravan showrooms...the paid someone to handwash the Rexton on the way back...........

But, checked the phone on return and the Home had been on and the lower areas where the skin had been removed for grafting had started to bleed as had the 'other' leg,so they had redressed them and I will check with them tomorrow if additional work needed...whatever,she returns for examination to the Plastic Surgery Unit on Tuesday so they can have a look themselves.
Char..your diagnosis about morphine etc seems all too common, we were told that the work would be done under 'local' but she has a badly bruised wrist which indicates a canula was used..

Good news.........first snowdrops spotted in my garden...not many but they are there!

geoff

LynnM
01-13-2013, 10:17 AM
:wave: Good day everyone! raining here, as Uschi said, rather dismal so a good day to stay in. I have some repairs on a garment to do, then? painting, maybe. I enjoyed Johannes' course, it was lecture format, so no paint-a-long, but I always learn something and should put into practice today.

Thanks for the encouragement, Uschi and JJ and Lulu.....I really think this is going to stick, it is an easy shift from what I was eating before as I have a pretty simple diet anyway. They just provided me with the tools to take it seriously and cut out all the unnecessary (but so delightful!) sugar.

Super looking trailer, Don, I am envious! my days for that are over, but love to live vicariously :)

((((Geoff H))))

Sweet naked sheep on FB, Lulu, they look so clean!

Loved your garden, JJ, you are getting a lot of pleasure out of that!

Happy Birthday, Judy!, I hope you are enjoying the day.

It looks quite aggressive Bill, such a shame they are so ugly, they would get more sympathy.

Socks....our golden loved to chew ours, too, had to watch him like a hawk.

Happy rummaging, Doug, did you ever photograph the antique clothing?

That must be dreadful, Annie, without AC, couldn't survive here without it, the hot stays too long now in the summer. When we first came here in 1970, we didn't have it, only had to get through a couple of weeks in the summer then. Thinking cool thoughts in your direction :heart:

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug: to those in need.

All the best to everyone else, have a rewarding day :clap:

edit: :thumbsup: Geoff for the snowdrops!

Scene Chaser
01-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Doris, the film is genius.
Bill

olliewood0702
01-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Hello all,

It's gray and wet out there this morning. Temps are supposed to drop and we may see a few snow flurries. This week will be colder they are saying.:rolleyes:

Klaira was a delight to watch yesterday and her and I had a great cuddle day. Larry was outside working; he spent all day putting things in the shed that he'd not gotten around to doing yet; taking down the outdoor Christmas lights,straightening up the garage and doing some other necessary things.

We had a nice quiet evening and watched a few movies. The second one was so sad; Dakotah Fanning played a your girl dying of cancer...and you know of course it had to end sad. We both :crying:

Today, not much planned, I did manage to paint a bit yesterday and may get a chance today. Some laundry is in the plans too.

Doris, your nephew is so talented! We STILL have painting(walls) to get done.

Char, glad Ted enjoyed his Birthday so much.

Bill, he looks VERY angry at you...

Doug, happy attic cleaning, it's always interesting what people find.

I guess EVERYBODY loses socks in the wash! REALLY though...where do they go?:confused:

Annie, sorry it's so hot; hope you get some rain soon.

Gail, all our snow is gone here too.

Lynn, hope you get to paint today.

Hi Nancy, Philip and Geof!

Waving a greeting to all who I haven't addressed and all who are yet to come.
Have a WONDERFUL DAY!
:wave: :heart: :wave:

Ellen in Ont
01-13-2013, 11:17 AM
:wave: everyone,
I've been busy the last few days. Nothing big, just lots of small things popping up to fill the day. Max is getting over his first daycare caught illness. Sick after just two days there. :rolleyes: High fever but at least no other symptoms. Babysat him for one morning and then out shopping with him and my son yesterday. He is over the fever but still tires easily.

I brought up an empty frame from the basement to get organized to start drawing out my next painting. That is the plans for today if nothing else pops up.

Yesterday the temps here hit an all time high of 8 C! People were out in shorts and T shirts scraping their sidewalks so there wouldn't be ice when it froze again last night. The snow dropped over a foot but we still have lots on the ground. The temps are supposed to be back to -27 by Thursday and it is starting to snow right now. What a nice break in the cold.

A few years ago we lost most of our Chick-a-Dees when all the birds started dying from West Nile Virus. It is so nice to see they have made a comeback and hear them on cold winter days. My cat is watching a group of them in the tree outside our window right now.

Bill - that Possum is cute I think but those teeth would have me keeping my distance.

I need to get a bite to eat and start some rough sketches. This painting is out of my head with no photo reference so it is really outside my comfort zone.:rolleyes:

Lots of healing vibes going out to everyone who needs some.

Uschi
01-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Bill, I thought you said that Possums and Groundhogs are the same - NOT, thank God!! That is one ugly thing and looks VERY aggressive.

Char, I know, you know:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't for get to show us the poppies.

I also loved the film Doris. Too bad that for some reason I can't see many of the others on his website.

Lynn, yes, used to be two or three days of VERY hot and then it would cool down a bit for a few weeks and then another hot spell, now it seems all we get is continuous hot spells and winter doesn't seem so cold either, not that I mind that:) Glad you find your "life style change" easy to work with.

Geoff, once again, your poor mom, I hope she heals quickly and gets her logic back.

Doug, oooohhhh, a knitting machine, I remember wanting one soooooooo badly but couldn't afford it at the time.

Nancy, that doggie of yours is too funny:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gail, you are right, would make a PERFECT skating rink. Maybe that is what kids' neighbor, who creates a skating rink every year, waits for every year because up to now he hasn't done it.

Philip, lovely photos, BEAUTIFUL boat!!!!

:wave: Uschi

Hi Darla and Ellen, we Xposted.

JudyL
01-13-2013, 11:37 AM
First of all thank you Kay and Lynn for the birthday wishes, Jack surprised me with a towel warmer :smug: fits 2 good sized towels or a blanket. (Brookstones) we were talking about them at Chemo on thursday, the best thing about chemo is the wonderful nurses very friendly and chatty, real stars :thumbsup:
Talking about cold this is Sacramento valley it was 30 F :eek:

The sock issue can be solved by doing what my Grandaughter does, wears odd socks!

Off to get ready for the trip down to the bay area (Campbell) they have moved it to my neices, bigger place anyway.

Again thanks, the only good thing about birthdays is the good wishes, but I hate looking in the mirror every morning :o

WthrLady
01-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Opossums are meaner than dirt. They aren't aggressive in the manner that they would rather run than attack you, but get out of the way if you corner them. Mean, hiss, bite.... I can't stand them.

Sunny and headed to 80 again today.

Still voiceless, or at least baritone, by noon every day. So annoying. Char, how are you doing? Happy bday Ted!

Off to correct an out of balance washer.

Yorky
01-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Well, another load taken to the tip. We found another box of photos and mementoes from Ruth's grandparents. It's keeping Ruth occupied :lol:

Sorry Lynn, we haven't got around to it yet.

Uschi, if you hover of the film titles on the left they should begin to play. They are all very short.

Bill that possum looks really vicious.

Hi Caryl. It's been a miserable drizzly afternoon here.

Doug

WthrLady
01-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Tea time for you Doug!
Taking homemade warm Bavarian pretzels out of the oven in five minutes!

Many want the recipe. I might have to make a how to video and post it.

Flattwo
01-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Hi to all

Doris, its a terrific film!

There must be a alternative sock Universe, I only wear black socks, but they come in different finishes at the top, I spend hours matching them up!

Bill, I don't fancy trying the Marmite tea bags, I also got a box of Twiglets, which are Marmite coated snacks, I love them!

I am getting a lot of visits from Russia lately on my Blog site, but very few Russians visit WC

Speak later

Henry

CharM
01-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Good afternoon... we had visitors this morning for coffee... it's still cloudy, dull and misty outside... laundry's out of the way... that's about it... I think I'll head out to the grocery store shortly...

I forgot to congratulate you, Lynn, on your lifestyle change. We really need to stop thinking in terms of *diets* and more about nutrition.

Judy, I also didn't wish you a very Happy Birthday! Even though you hate looking in the mirror, it's nice to know that every day you CAN look in it!!

Darla, you're so lucky to be able to enjoy your Grands as much as you do... :envy:

Good on you for taking some time for yourself, Geoff!

Ellen, you too! Too bad that Max has come down with his first of many sick days from the daycare... it used to be that we didn't have to deal with this until our children went to kindergarten. How shocking that it's that warm up where you are!

Uschi (and Doug) My sister has two knitting machines... she rarely, if ever, uses them.

Caryl, we're finally mending... although yesterday I was talking on the phone to one of my Service Club Members and my voice went sideways... :rolleyes:

Hi Henry... we really don't seem to have Russian Members here, do we? I wonder if it's just a language barrier thing, or some other reason...

I'm off to buy food! :wave:

shipbroker
01-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi to all

Doris, its a terrific film!

There must be a alternative sock Universe, I only wear black socks, but they come in different finishes at the top, I spend hours matching them up!

Bill, I don't fancy trying the Marmite tea bags, I also got a box of Twiglets, which are Marmite coated snacks, I love them!

I am getting a lot of visits from Russia lately on my Blog site, but very few Russians visit WC

Speak later

Henry

Henry...all my socks are black too.......should we introduce them to each other??
Only ever had one Russian visitor to my site that I know of but recently Vietnamese and Philippine visitors have been regulars...

Lovely meal of Lamb Chops and lots of mint sauce tonight and watched the tlatest BBC/David Attenborough episode of 'Africa'......

geoff

kaypainter
01-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Hello all,

I think like Santa Claus at the North Pole there is a Sock Thief who lives at the South Pole and when global warming finally melts all of the ice there the socks will be thawed and sail out into the ocean like that island of garbage that is floating in the Pacific. When Los Angeles has sunk under sea water it will rise again on a bed of socks.

Ooh Doug more interesting photos. I love finding old photos.

Bill, Caryl, I wouldn't want to be bitten by an opposum. They are all over our neighborhood.

Oh Uschi I forgot to say congratulations to Ethan. How marvelous. I do hope he can go to the school. Are there scholarships available? It would be a shame if he couldn't go. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

Happy Birthday Judy!! Isn't it collllddddddd? I've been giving my heater a work out. I do think I'm going to have to buy an air conditioner of some sort for the hot weather here. It's gotten much worse. After what happened with the fleas last summer I don't want to go through that again!

Nipper Geoff I hope you feel better. Too much excitement.

Lovely photos Phillip. You do live in a beautiful place.

The 49ers won last night!!!! I'm a happy camper. Their new quarterback is amazing. I'll root for the Seahawks today Hap although that would mean they'd play the 49ers next week if they win. :(

Well I hope to have a relaxing day today. Maybe I'll even get out the paints instead of jewelry. :eek: I bought a canvas to do a canvas wrap. We'll see.

HAWLTAIN

:wave: :wave: to all

Kay

shipbroker
01-13-2013, 01:35 PM
This doesn't fit into any of the normal categories...........

Inspirational stuff.

http://vimeo.com/52711779

geoff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flattwo
01-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Geoff, there is a definate business opportunity there, sockmatch.com, a dating site!

Russia is regularly the fourth highest visiter number after the UK, US, and Canada.

Here are some recent stats

United Kingdom

United States

Canada

Russia

Germany

Spain

France

Australia

Netherlands

India

Lulu
01-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Good morning everyone:wave:

I have to tell you.................the sock thief lives down here......

Happy birthday Judy! and many happy returns. :heart:

Bill, the only good possum here is a dead one......they do such destruction in our gardens, forests etc, destroying the natural habitat of our native birds etc. They came to us from Australia, where they are protected (and not in such great numbers as here).
The fur mixed with wool makes magnificent garments!

Doris, I loved the film too, very clever nephew:thumbsup:

Must away and get on with my Monday:wave:

Gloppus
01-13-2013, 03:00 PM
I wear flip-flops all year round now. I got tired of running a sock orphanage.

LynnM
01-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks, Char, I'm working on it! Taking a lot of time right now cooking new things, but I am freezing them in serving sizes so it will be easier later.

Philip, love the boat! Lucky you, to be able to stay in your sandals.

Amazing video, Geoff, what a wonderful project, and they don't sound too bad, either!

Hi Kay, hope you got to your painting, I haven't got there yet, but things are laid out, just need to sew two sleeves into a blouse first.

Pretzels, boy, Caryl, you must be feeling a bit better :heart:

shipbroker
01-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Henry.......

I don't check my figures on annual basis they are shown to me on a weekly and monthly basis......BUT looking at period since Christmas 79% UK,9% Canada,4% USA,2% Vietnam 3% ,3%rest inlcuding other European....
Most of the USA/Canada,but not all, are routed via WC link.....the rest mainly Google searches with a small amount on Bing...

LynnM..agree on sound,not bad at all...........Daughter used to be a Viola player so have heard school beginners up to University String Quartets ..

Started snowing here about 15 minutes ago.......

geoff

WthrLady
01-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Nope. They only take half hour and I needed a snack for 4 hollow legged teenage boys.

laudesan
01-14-2013, 03:07 AM
I went to the specialists today. I had the name of the specialist wrong, and even though I gave my name, the receptionist was adamant I didn't have an appointment there. So, I went back down to the main lobby, and phoned. "Oh yes, we do have you here". So, I go back up to the 7th floor. (I am not at all fond of elevators) The receptionist says, well if you had have given me your name. I smiled, shook my head, slightly, and sat down. Just as well I rang, and didn't leave. as the parking was 15$ regardless whether I stayed 10 minutes or 2 hours..

So. I got to see the specialists registrar, who took all my details, poked and prodded, and have me walk. He then went and got Dr Saxby, who came in long enough to write up a requisition for a MRI I am off to the Logan Hospital for said MRI, when they phone me with the appointment time. I am not holding my breath.

Dr Saxby, did mention, that he thought the tendon has pulled off the tibia, taking a chunk of bone with it, hence all the bone fragments. I had to take my Ultrasound, my xray, and my CT scan with me, and all they looked at was the xray. I said wouldn't the CT scan show more detail, and they poo-hoo'd it. Oh well, who am I to know. :)

Yesterday, whilst out shopping with Kim, she bought a new phone. A GalaxyII like mine. She is over the moon. She came over this afternoon, after work, to get me to show her how to use it. I have already got her hooked on Words with Friends, and DrawSomething. :D :p (Scrabble, is my relaxation) Monica plays on her iPod touch and iPad, so she is happy, now she can play with her mother. She is excited.

................the possums are not friendly animals in this continent, but they are not aggressive, either. Bill
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2013/83119-possum.jpgWow, look at all hose teeth. :eek: Our possums don't have all those teeth. I googled, North American possums do have more teeth than ours :D

Well, I had my first watercolor class, Friday. My picture was terrible. The class was great fun. I learned a lot about what the water and paint do when they hit the paper. Now I'm one step closer to my goal of adding some color to my sketchbook pages.

I posted some photos in the "Weekly Inspirational Photos" thread in the Art Journals forum. I'd be pleased if any of you would care to have a look.
:thumbsup: :clap: Love your yacht!!!

:grouphug:Nipper:grouphug:

Geoff, how is your mother today? The canula would have been precautionary, considering her age. Is the snow heavy?

Doug, your attic is a treasure trove.:thumbsup:

Judy, Happy belated birthday, and huge hugs for your sister, and Jack.:heart: :heart:

I am going to cook a nice fillet of Barramundi for my supper..

Later..