PDA

View Full Version : **Daily Wash Saturday 12th January 2013**

shipbroker
01-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Morning all.

Is it me again ??? must take a Sabbatical from Wash starting

Obviously cold and black oyt there for next four hours then down to Market and papera, what a boring life.

Later visit Mother

geoff

Lulu
01-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Geoff, it's too hot Down Under to come online early and challenge you, but be wary, when you least expect it, Annie and I might play 'who gets to wear the blue ears tonight'.......:p And I rather like the visuals of a man surrounded by his ever-growing collection of Kewpie dolls...:D

As I said, hot it is, 31C and high humidity. Quite the warmest summer we've had for a while. Late this afternoon I spent some time laying under the shade of a tree reading.

Work was good again, love the people contact. I also love doing zentangles while the gallery is empty! Who introduced us to them, was it Nancy? Anyway, thanks so much, I love the meditative process, and the results.

JJ, have just read of your friend's husband, I am so sorry, our prayers are added for them all.

Kay, I'm currently in ignore mode..........don't think it's working though...

Off out soon, better go and shower and spruce myself up! :wave:

ollieowl
01-12-2013, 12:06 AM
morning all

lifespalette
01-12-2013, 12:55 AM
A good Saturday morning to all.......well, actually it's still late Friday night here, but have been out of it most the afternoon on a pain pill. You know how you have things all planned out and suddenly the carpet is pulled out from under you throwing everything out of whack...........right now and for the next couple of weeks I suspect, I find myself in Denver. Got one of those dreaded calls from my sister Sunday afternoon concerning my mom. She took a drastic turn for the worse over the weekend and was back in the hospital after just being released from 9 days in rehab after the last stint in the hospital. Diagnosed with congestive heart failure and COPD, her lungs were filling with fluid again, heart functioning at 25% and half of that was going back the wrong direction due to the leaking valve and the doctors had told her to call the family in. Left Monday afternoon for a 17.5 hour drive through the night and got here Tuesday. Last night we had to move her from the hospital to a hospice center and now it's just a matter of time. She's 84 years old and as she says tired and ready to go home......thankfully she's not suffering as they keep her comfortable with the morphine. It is best said, it's in God's hands now..........

Cold here....had snow flurries this afternoon, more snow expected Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. It's 19 degrees right now and that's going to be the high for Saturday......0 degrees F is the low for Saturday night and the next 5 days we're not supposed to break 30.....glad I brought all my long johns...........

Maybe next month I'll get to spread some colors..........hope all are doing well. Sending thoughts of healing to those sick, encouragement to those in need....and an assurance that all is well in the grand scheme of life.........

Peace, love and hope........Steve

laudesan
01-12-2013, 12:57 AM
Geoff, it's too hot Down Under to come online early and challenge you..Darn right! :p I was hiding out in a movie theater, watching The Life of Pi in 3D. When the tiger jumped out of the screen, everyone jumped, me I jumped and yelled "****" :cool: Laughter followed. (insert embarrassed icon here) (PS I hate the new embarrassed icon, he looks mad.)

Lulu, thank you, it is a dreadful thing. He is still in an induced coma, and I will be talking to Brigatta tonight on Skype to find out more. I feel positively ill for them.

Hey Peter, so wonderful to see you.

Geoff, you going to open a Kewpie Doll store? :p

Steve, huge hugs to you and your family. I am glad your mother isn't suffering.. :grouphug:

NancyR
01-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Lulu,

I am the guilty party. I am now doing larger drawings and adding shading. The designs really pop out!

We only have a few more errands to run tomorrow, visit Mom, drop off Lucy for her vacation, and pack.

Had a nice, quiet day at work. Did some reorganizing, and got rid of stuff I did not need any more.

Time to go to bed. Good night all!

Lulu
01-12-2013, 02:35 AM
Geoff, you going to open a Kewpie Doll store? :p

It will be well stocked........;) :D

Glad to have the forewarning about Life of Pi JJ - saves embarrassing myself! lol It has been rated 5 stars here, what did you think?
Tell your friend in Turkey that people are praying for them/sending white light from all over the world. :heart:

Yes, very warm, and people keep reminding me that the desert is going to be a whole lot hotter!:eek:

Hi Steve and Peter :wave:

Nancy, bless you, you've introduced me (and probably others in my family now) to another way to make art. Can we see pics of the new ones please?

doppler
01-12-2013, 02:40 AM
GOOD MORNING REST OF THE WORLD. OK I'm not Robin Williams in any way shape or form.

Tossy hot nightmare filled night, not helped by certain felines doing chasey up and down and down and up and down etc. the stairs.

When we finally arose at 5 am after being awoken at 4am. it was still warm enough to raise a sweat as we drank our coffee and exchanged morning pleasantries like " it's your turn to cook breakfast" " I did it last week so it must be your turn" "have the cats been fed? " " What's the choking sound? " " I thought it was you" " I'm hungry" " I'm thirsty and all my coffee is gone" " Then it's your turn" :lol:

Went shopping. Went to Spotlight. Roger wanted some black velvet for his photography backgrounds, I bought tea towels. That place is overwhelmingly
over the top and somehow i always walk out with teatowels. Then we bought a sausage at the ubiquitous local charity sausage sizzle. Fixed the breakfast debate nicely. Managed to revive some of the attendants from their heat realted collapse over the barbeque and grabbed the sausage and onion and bread and stood in the front gates of Anaconda enjoying the air con blowing out. Eating. Noticed the shifts of sausage sizzle people coming past. This was at 9-30. Ran back to the car and drove home in AC splendor. Samford Valley was hot and no
Tahitian limes to be found after two nurseries. Yes, hope runs eternal. We still have the kaffir lime so I don't really grieve.

Eventful? Morning turned into torpid afternoon. It was really warm. Breeze didn't kick in until late. Only another week at least of this unseasonable weather. Remember, two years ago Brisbane was flooded.

Steve (((())) Long long way to travel for heartbreak. :heart: My thoughts are with you.

:wave: Fish and chips tonight so I had better get cracking with the potatoe peeler.

laudesan
01-12-2013, 02:50 AM
Lulu, I had read the book first, and I don't recommend that for the Life of Pi, but, it really was a beautifully made movie. You will love it, I am sure. There are some gory bits, where I had to hide my face, but really, it was amazing. Funny, I can read about it, but not see it.
The tiger jumps, when you least expect it. You will jump and exclaim :lol:

Annie, my turn to go shopping tomorrow. Kim is going to Office Works first, and as I haven't been in the big store by Garden City, I am looking forward to it. Then onto Garden City. I hope the heat has kept most at home. :D :p

Lulu
01-12-2013, 03:16 AM
You will jump and exclaim :lol:

the worry is what I might exclaim (in public lol) :D

Hi Annie :wave:

(((Steve)))), thinking of you too, hard time. :heart:

better go and tend to dinner, fresh peas and carrots tonight with cold chicken.

shipbroker
01-12-2013, 03:18 AM
Right,

I want neither Kewpie Dolls nor Blue Ears just a bit more sleep in the middle of the night....

So I am not even taking my iPod into the bedroom this evening

Geoff

doppler
01-12-2013, 03:50 AM
My goodness! Geoff! Is this rebellion? From the Brits? I thought we of the colonies were supposed be the rebelliious ones?

OK I ,at least, will try and pre empt you. As long as you stay asleep and do NOT wake up too early and awaken refreshed and golf ready. NO clock watching either. Wagging finger icon needed. :heart: :lol:

If that hasn't bored you to a long sleep, nothing will. I could talk? Works for Roger. :clear:

Lulu
01-12-2013, 04:31 AM
I could talk? Works for Roger. :clear:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yorky
01-12-2013, 04:55 AM
Good morning all, late here, I got waylayed watching three videos by Gary Spetz. It's all Peter's (ollieowl) fault he posted a link in the Gary Spetz thread. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952988) Two terrific films of Venice with a painter's eye.

Well now the skies have cleared a little and i see a little blue. Dry but near freezing at 1C.

I'm going to practice painting on my iPad with my new stylus. Hopefully I will be able to video the process.

Doug

Lulu
01-12-2013, 04:59 AM
Hi Doug.

Better get to bed here, but I wanted to tell Ursula that FB has just suggested that I add her as a friend.............;) It's okay, I won't, I just know how much you love fb.:lol::lol:

Nite:wave:

painterbear
01-12-2013, 05:54 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter to six in the a.m. here in still dark Oakwood. We may break some temperature records here today going up to 60F in January. This will be the second day in a row for those kinds of temps plus rain in the evening again. Lots of flooded roads yesterday according to the news people.

House cleaning on the schedule for today, then maybe put some paint on the picture I'll be taking to art class on Monday.

JJ, I'm so sorry about your friend's husband and the accident that injured him so badly. I hope the doctors are able to save his life and he recovers without permanent damage. I'm glad she is able to talk with you, I'm sure she is frightened and feeling alone in a foreign land. :o

Steve, So sorry about your Mother. Even though it was a long drive to get there, I'm glad you are there at this time for her and your sister. :grouphug:

:wave: to Geoff, Annie, Doug, Lulu, Ollie, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

cloudchaser
01-12-2013, 06:06 AM
Good morning all,

Bright start today, could get sleet/snow over weekend:eek:

Not much planned today, maybe I'll paint :clap:

Healing thoughts to all those unwell or feeling down.

Regards
Tony :wave:

Island Nipper
01-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Good morning everyone, grey and cold "6 deg C" with the sun occasionally making a brief appearance.

Steve, love and light to you and your Mum, such sad times.

Annie, relief, thanks but I do ramble on.

The amazing red wave in Australia was shown on TV, the result of a massive dust storm hitting the sea. So glad the fire services are getting on top of the fires in Oz now.

A house full today, so many people coming to see me, I am getting a bit worried, is there some medical news I have not been told. My Doctor who is a lad I helped learn to race cats, is in New Zealand at the moment so I can't get the blunt truth at the moment. When should I tell everyone that I have spent all the money I wonder!

JJ we play 1920's and 30's jazz and swing, I have not recorded but some of our Island musicians feature on Bob Brozmans last CD. I listen to Gypsy jazz radio streamed on the Internet from New York most of the day. Glad you enjoy this brilliant music.

I have been told to put that &&@@&& thing down apparently I am being anti social! I wonder when I will be able to sit peacefully and paint again.

Henry, wow that was a bit of a shock, am trying to get nurse Beryl to an eye test, she broke the last of the Lead crystal wine glasses yesterday.

Alright alright I'm putting it down, he he, bye all.

Yorky
01-12-2013, 06:28 AM
Well, the sun is out and the temperature has risen to 2C. Off to the supermarket now for the weekly shop.
When should I tell everyone that I have spent all the money I wonder!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:

Doug

ollieowl
01-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Good morning all, late here, I got waylayed watching three videos by Gary Spetz. It's all Peter's (ollieowl) fault he posted a link in the Gary Spetz thread. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952988) Two terrific films of Venice with a painter's eye.

Well now the skies have cleared a little and i see a little blue. Dry but near freezing at 1C.

I'm going to practice painting on my iPad with my new stylus. Hopefully I will be able to video the process.

Doug

Sorry Doug I like them and did same :thumbsup:

Scene Chaser
01-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Good Day All,
Geoff, I build things to fight the boredom. Id rather be travelling.

Lulu, under a shade tree reading is such a pleasant thought.

Steve, so sorry to hear your mother is failing. I, too, am glad she is not in pain.

JJ, would have loved to watch you watching the movie. In fact, you and Lulu could give us all a good laugh.

Nancy, will look forward to seeing your drawings.

Annie, hard to sleep in heat. No AC? My Janet talking works for me, too. Problem is Im sometimes standing up.

Doug, Id love to see the iPad painting film. Gary Spetz has a weekly tv show that I sometimes catch. Great technique.

Sylvia, weve had some rain but not enough to produce flooding. Our side roads, though, are ice since they were covered with packed snow.

Tony, artists are never bored, they can always paint.

Geoff H, spending all the money is funny, especially if they were hoping to get some when youre gone.

Hi Peter.:wave:

Im waiting for the sun to come up.:)
Bill

dlwilliams48
01-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Good morning all - another very warm morning here. No rain in the forecast, but as I was doing my morning run it rained on me, just a little. Zero percent chance according to weather.com. :confused:

Will be spending the better part of today continuing to prepare our new trailer for the upcoming trip. For those who requested, here are a couple of inside photos.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2013/986611-Dining_Table.jpg

Dining area - the slide makes this into a nice area.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2013/986611-SinkStove.jpg

Kitchen area. As you can see, we haven't even removed the tags yet. DW has lots of plans here, and has already purchased some drawer organizers.

I have to get all my tasks done today as I have to work tomorrow, probably at least until noon.

I took a WC painting and a pencil sketch that I did of our granddaughter to the art store last weekend. I'm having them mat both and put in frames that I had already bought. It would be nice if they were ready before we leave next week, but chances are they won't. I found it to be very expensive to get the mats cut, so I may very well buy a mat cutter and do that myself in the future.

I've read the washes but no time now to comment on all as I hear DW stirring about. She was supposed to sleep until 0830 and it isn't even 0730 so I best check and make sure all is OK. BBL, hopefully.

Yorky
01-12-2013, 07:51 AM
It's a roomy kitchen and dinette Don :thumbsup:

Bill, Vivien (vhere) and I have been experimenting with ipad sketching and there's a thread in Art Journals (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19419338#post19419338) with a few sketches and a short demo video to test out the recording feature.

Sun is out and temperature has soared to 4C :lol:

Doug

JudyL
01-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi, early rising this morning, Spencer has wrestling match today, and the kids spent the night here because Mum and Dad had a meeting. Lauren and I cooked up two packages of turkey bacon in the microwave for the wrestlers breakfast, interesting and very quick! We all got up at 5:30 :eek: Jen and Kevin picked up Spencer and Jack and the bacon and took off while it was still dark. Lauren and I decided we have had enough of sitting on hard benches in a drafty gym watching boys rolling around on mats like puppies and chose to stay home :smug: We do have chores to do and I want to pick up a gift for my niece her birthday was Friday and Mine is Sunday and we are meeting at my sister's for dinner, my former sister-in-law and her new husband, my eastern neice and nephew are all meeting so will be a big day. My sister has breast cancer and been on Chemo for almost 6 years now, and is terminal (gloomy thought, I guess we all are) ((SORRY!:eek: :o ))

Any way mustache

CharM
01-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Good morning! While the sun has tried valiantly to shine, it lost the battle with heavy, grey rainclouds... but, it's 8C and I've opened windows and turned off the furnace awhile... it feels good to air the house.

Today is Ted's 60th Birthday. He's a Senior. We have LOTS of company on the way to visit. We'll all be going out to dinner tonight at a nice Italian Restaurant.

I've been cleaning. I know you're surprised.

Steve, it's surely a sad time and I can only pray for a gentle transition.

Kewpie Dolls (antique ones) are quite valuable! :evil:

What a nice kitchenette, Don!

We are constantly telling our children that they've been *written out* of the will, Nipper... :lol:

Annie, that won't work with my husband... he's deaf as a post (ok... he practices selective hearing)...

Lulu, I like doing zentangles to send as greeting cards, so I don't use the standard 3 x 3" size.

:wave: All I've missed by name today... I must go and get some snacks laid out on plates and trays... In the meantime, I hope that everyone has the very best possible day!

Yorky
01-12-2013, 11:15 AM
A Happy Birthday to Ted Char, quite a milestone!

Any progress on a nursing position for Matt?

Doug

NancyR
01-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Quick post before we head out to run our errands and then get ready to pack.

Lulu, I mounted my drawings and took them to the office. I will take photos when I get back to work to post. (After our vacation.) I mounted them above my computer monitors, so I can get inspired. I have had a lot of compliments on them. By the way, Ikea has a set of pillows and drapes with a Zentangle pattern.

BBL:wave:

LynnM
01-12-2013, 12:39 PM
:wave: Good day everyone! weak winter sun here, and 8C....strange that we are warmer than you, Doug! must be January thaw all over.

I had my 3k walk today, am slowly working up the distance, and have lost 8 lb since Jan 1 on my changed eating pattern. I am never hungry, and often cannot eat all that the menu wants me to. It is spaced out over 6 snacks or meals each day, but I can't eat in the evening, so I do 5. And it must be the least expensive health plan out there. Anyway, I am happy, and I notice a mood improvement, too.

Happy Birthday to Ted :thumbsup: congrats on reaching the age of discretion!

I've caught up on all the washes, ((((HUGS)))) to everyone in distress, have to dash as I am attending Johannes session today.

See you tomorrow :clap:

olliewood0702
01-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Hello all,

We had a nice dinner at Jen and Matts last evening to celebrate Matt's 35th birthday. Cake and ice cream followed. We got home around 11pm and went straight to bed as we had to be up to watch Klaira this morning.

Matt and Jen are at some seminar and we are enjoying Klaira's antics. She's a good girl. Kelsea spent the night at a friends and will soon be calling for a ride home. Kaitlyn went over to Preston's house this morning.

It's around 56F here and sunny! Larry is out washing the car and truck; and taking his Christmas lights down. :thumbsup: It's supposed to frezze rain, sleet tonight.

I'm organizing my art area and planning out a collage painting that I've been wanting to do. Klaira just fell asleep on her small size play couch.;) I hope she'll stay sleeping for a bit.

Annie did I read that correctly? An Anaconda is enjoying your A/C outflow of air???:eek: Oh my....shiver....

Steve, I'm so sorry about your Mom taking a turn for the worse.:heart: It's so hard dealing with those loved ones who are ready to go.

JJ, I hope you had a good conversation with your friend and that her DH will heal and mend and be good as new soon.

Don, what a lovely travel trailer interior! I'd be planning things out too just like your DW.

Judy, I'm with you about watching wrestling...I don't think I'd enjoy it much.If I don't get into the wash tomorrow...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Char, HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY TO TED! Enjoy your dinner out and celebrations.

My Aunt does zentangles; I find them interesting doodles. Very cool results; nice enough to mat and frame.

I'm hoping the fires down under are under control now.:crossfingers: I read about the Grandparents who had to take their grandchildren, who they were watching into the sea under their dock to survive "tornadoes of fire!":eek: Thank goodness they survived.

I hope you all are enjoying your Saturday and making it a GREAT day.:clap: :thumbsup: :wave: :heart:

Flattwo
01-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi to All

Char, congrats to Ted on his 60th birthday, it was my brothers 60th yesterday

Cold, cold here and due to get even colder, our furkid Mia should cope in her winter coat!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2013/3457-Mia.jpg

Back to painting

Speak later

Henry

Scene Chaser
01-12-2013, 01:36 PM
:clap: Happy Birthday to Char's Teddy:clap: More discounts for you now, Char.:)

Lovely photo of Mia, Henry.

It's 55 F here with a slight wind, and the sun is shining.:thumbsup: However,
temps are to take a real dip in the coming days. :(

Bill

Uschi
01-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!!

It is 10C and beautifully sunny!!!! Gives one illusions that the winter is over, yea, in our dreams:lol: Supposed to start raining tonight and another warm day tomorrow.

Played table tennis, had my lunch, dishes next and then off to the post office to pick up Ethan's second Christmas present, a game for Xbox. Yes, it took that long to arrive - by mail:confused: .

Talking about Ethan, he tried out for acceptance at the National Ballet Company of Canada and was accepted!!! I need an icon for "I can't believe it", am stunned. Next he has to prove himself during a month long summer program which is held in Toronto and he would have to stay there over night. If he is successful, he would have to live there for the whole year (private school). Don't know if he can manage not coming home to his beloved mommy, also don't know where the parents are going to find the money for this, VERY EXPENSIVE.

Char, my windows are open too and HAPPY BIRTHDAY and a hug to TED!!!!

Lulu, I thought the job was only for one day per week??? Either way, glad you are enjoying it!!!!

Lynn, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Judy, busy, busy, BUSY!!!! Good thoughts for your sister, she sure is hanging in there, good for her!!!

Don, wonderful camper:envy:

JJ, Annie, Lulu, as you know from my whining during summer, we too have summer temperatures in the 30's and high humidity, it would all be wonderfully bearable if we had the kind of winters you have too. NOT fair:lol:

Nipper Geoff, I too love Swing music and the only place I can find it is via the internet - handy, isn't it!!! re the broken glass, one less thing to inherit and to worry about:lol:

Lulu, Facebook sure is pushing to get all the people in the whole world linked, I am not yet sure exactly why they are trying so hard. Every day I get a bunch of names I have never heard of that they want me to link to.

Steve, gosh, that is a long drive, I hope you are resting!!! and I too hope for a good and peaceful journey home for your mom:heart:

I need to get my kitchen cleaned so :wave: to all I did not personally address and :grouphug: to all in need!!!

Uschi

FLNH
01-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Warm and sunny in Coral Gables. Not much happening today. I love the friend "suggestions" that pop up on Facebook. They suggested my ex-wife. We're not "not friendly" but probably not the best friend suggestion.:) :)

I am not a particularly good drawer and am having trouble with a woman sitting on a bench for my next painting. But the distraction is better than reading the newspaper.

Someone gave me a print book as a present. I am so used to an e-reader that I have repeatedly touched the bottom of the paper page and expected to get to the next page as one does on the e-reader.

(((Steve))) a loss is a loss even if it is gentle.

JJ...I hope your friends in Turkey are able to get out of the nightmare.

Nipper Geoff, I'm glad the visit is a success, even if your family knows something you don't.:) . I knew the Isle is off the coast of England but that was the extent of my knowledge. Wikipedia was very helpful with this ( and the term "nipper.") Wet Canvas does expand ones horizons.

Peace to all of you...hurting or not.

Happy birthday to Ted!

Flattwo
01-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Bill

Look what I picked up at the store earlier, a Marmite ceramic teapot, with Marmite flavoured teabags!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2013/3457-DSCN4522.JPG

Henry

kaypainter
01-12-2013, 03:10 PM
It's official -- we've had below freezing temps in Los Angeles. Highs are the same as Bill's and Darla's in Michigan. Huh? They are expecting snow on the beaches in San Diego which is 150 miles south. Huh?

Went to sign up for jewelry class today. Decided I would go very early so I could get back in time to give Esme her shot. I thought -- get out your long johns. Then I said -- what a wimp. Put on t-shirt, sweat shirt and two fleeces, thermal socks. Shoulda put on the long johns. :lol: Man it was cold!

Warm and sunny in Coral Gables. Not much happening today. I love the friend "suggestions" that pop up on Facebook. They suggested my ex-wife. We're not "not friendly" but probably not the best friend suggestion.:) :)

:lol: :lol: Oh Karl that gave me a good laugh this morning.

Happy Birthday to Char's Ted!!

And Happy Birthday to Judy for Sunday. Like Darla said -- just in case.

Doris, I loved the pic of Louis. And your nephew's short was just delightful. I would love to know how he did that. :crossfingers: That he wins an Oscar. So exciting.

Steve :grouphug: :grouphug: for you and your family and for a gentle passage for your mom.

Lulu don't ignore it! I was very lucky they were able to save the tooth since I spent $1600 on a crown for it last year. The endodontist found a crack running the length of the tooth when he took off the crown. He asked me if I wanted it out and an implant instead of fixing the crack and replacing the crown. I asked what the implant would cost -- $4000. :eek: :eek: I asked what he recommended and he said he recommends keeping the tooth whenever possible. Boy was I relieved to hear that!!!

JJ hugs and prayers for your friends in Turkey. Hoping there is no brain damage from the swelling.

I know I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff, but I really ought to post before the day is over. Snort, snort. It only takes all day fro me to type.

Oh wait -- I wanted to show these cute things I got at IKEA. What do I call them? If you put them one way they are tealight holders:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2013/130068-Tealight_holders_pic.jpeg

And if you flip them over they hold tapers:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2013/130068-Candlestick_flip_pic.jpeg

And best of all they only cost 49 cents each. :eek: :D

HAWLTAIN

:wave:

Kay

shipbroker
01-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Evening all......

Cold but no snow today yet.....

Went to visit my Mother.......in the week since her visit into and out of hospital I reckon she has gone from a 10% confused old lady to about 60%dementia...although her drugs and surgery may still be affecting her.....as long as she still knows us all we can ignore,or try to,all the perfectly lucid rubbish she says......Glad we had the holiday before she went in as we are getting more and more tied-up.....Hospital again on Tuesday to review the skin graft work done on her leg.

geoff

Sori...I missed Birthday wishes to JudyL & Ted......so young!

kaypainter
01-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Geoff could your mother possibly have an infection of some sort? Especially a bladder infection.

I had a friend/neighbor who went in to hospital at 90 for a surgery (4 cracked vertebrae). She was completely lucid and sharp as a tack when she went in. She was on copious amounts of morphine for the pain, and when she went in to the rehab care facility I'm sure the staff all thought she just had dementia. She was rambling and paranoid and spouting weird rubbish. We thought it was the morphine. But it turned out she had a bladder infection. Had to go back into the hospital. Once that was cured she was back to normal. Just thinkin' out loud.

Kay

Uschi
01-12-2013, 05:14 PM
As of this week the post office (actually the drug store where it is housed) decided to close at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday. I didn't know and arrived there are 3:10. So Ethan will have to wait till Monday to get it.

I also wanted to clarify re the National Ballet for Ethan, he was accepted into the Canadian National Ballet SCHOOL, not as a dancer - yet:lol: He is only just 10.

Geoff, your poor mom, God only help us, we could all end up like that when we get to be her age.

Kay, I heard on the radio news about snow being expected very close to Los Angeles. Just think how much more you will enjoy the warmth after that:) Hug for you because you don't seem to have much luck with your teeth lately.

Henry :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Karl, I am having a good chuckle at both your FB "friend" and your new way of turning a page.

:wave: Uschi

laudesan
01-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Right,

I want neither Kewpie Dolls nor Blue Ears just a bit more sleep in the middle of the night....

So I am not even taking my iPod into the bedroom this evening

Geoff:grouphug: I am sympathetic. Last night, "That dammned dog" woke up on the hour every hour to go to the toilet.. :-( I am shattered. 5 days to go.

Nipper, our fire fighters all deserve Gold Medals..
I really enjoy the 1920's-'30's Jazz and swing. I am not into the "Pots and Pans" style of Jazz. I have the Gypsy Jazz radio playing as I type. Thanks for mentioning it. :thumbsup:

Bill, I think Lulu, and I, in a movie theatre together, would be a real hoot. I must do that sometime. A good reason to visit NZ again, and to see Hobbiton. :-p

Don, super looking trailer! Very posh!

(((((Judy)))))

:clap: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TED :clap:
I hope you had an awesome day :heart: You caught up to me :D

Lynn, wow, you sure have accomplished a lot on your new health regime. :heart: :thumbsup: You go girl!!

Darla, yes, I had a wonderful chat with Brigatta on Skype. Nazif is still in an induced coma, and we wait. The driver of the truck is still in jail. He was 1.9 over the legal limit for Turkey. :-(

Henry, Mia is adorable!!! I so miss mu beautiful Zoe.. Oh, I love your marmite teapot!! :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Uschi WOW!!!! Way to go Ethan. :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

What neat candle holders Kay. I have one like that floating around somewhere.

I had better move myself. I need top shower and dress for my shopping trip with Kim. 33 degC already and it is only 9.30am

:grouphug:

Lulu
01-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Someone gave me a print book as a present. I am so used to an e-reader that I have repeatedly touched the bottom of the paper page and expected to get to the next page as one does on the e-reader.

:lol: :lol: :lol: must tell my bil's family who were all reading on their e-readers when we went to visit the other day!:lol:

Geoff, I'm really sorry to hear that about your mother. Hoping she becomes more lucid as the drugs wear off.

Uschi, fb is still trying this morning!:lol: Work days are variable, one or two, depending on the need.
Wow about Ethan! :clap: What a future he's got if he's successful at the ballet school. Wow again!

Can someone explain please, what does a drug store contain? Seems a lot more than drugs! We have pharmacies for drugs dispensing, buying over the counter medications, and also they have cosmetics and such like but the drug stores in the US and Canada are more general???

Kay, love the candle holder thingies! we don't have IKEA here.
And no, I'm not ignoring the teeth totally, just waiting to see if it's more a jaw joint problem than an infection brewing, the sensations are similar.
Isn't dental treatment expensive!!!
Our Mexican friend has the right idea, he goes home once a year to visit his family and get his dental work done, his daughter is a dentist.:)

Love Mia's winter coat Henry! Smiling at the teapot - tea bags???? ugh! my marmite has run out, the factory is still not up and running yet (the only one in NZ is in Christchurch). I don't like the English brand, has to be made by sanitarium in New Zealand. Mind you, I might have jumped ship by the time it is available again, but definitely not to vegemite lol

Nipper, you made me smile too - we are spending our kids' inheritance too:thumbsup: lol Hope your doctor is enjoying his visit to New Zealand.
Actually I watched a very interesting programme last night called Heir Hunters. I didn't realise that in the UK step-children can't inherit from their step-parents unless there is a will stating such??

Darla, don't forget to show us your collage. I saw a collage book on my bookshelf when I was looking for something else this morning, it's on my 'maybe try it one day' list:) Love others' work in this medium.

Lynn, congrats on the weight loss!:thumbsup: Well done you!

Very nice trailer you've got Don :thumbsup:

Char, a very happy birthday to Ted! and many happy returns.

Better go, I am having a lazy morning, but even on lazy days there are things to do...John is shearing our sheep right now (I was dog and helped him get them into the yard):).

:wave:

shipbroker
01-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Thanks ur comments on my Mother and her problem. Yes she does have a very mild infection for which she is taking antibiotics but otherwise her drug regime is normal, the staff at the home have come to the same conclusions as us......let us hope we are both wrong!

Still no snow and I am going to move this IPod to the office to prevent me Was starting!

geoff

WthrLady
01-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Drug store is a generic term that is popular as a place. Usually a smaller shop that not only sells and dispenses prescription medications but as over the counter medications as well. In addition, it can sell all sorts of odds and ends: cards, frames, toys, candy/food, small household hardware items (cords, picture hanging hardware, etc), makeup, and quick convenience items.
Like an ols five and dime store.

kaypainter
01-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Right Caryl. They had to stop calling them five and dimes when they realized there was nothing left in the store that cost either five cents or a dime. :lol: :lol:

Just watched a heartbreaking loss for the Denver Broncos. :crying: Hope my 49ers do better.

Kay