PDA

View Full Version : Trying

BUUR
09-05-2003, 06:26 PM
I have trouble with the uploader so I am trying the attach thing,

This is my last watercolour, I was trying to paint Princess Grace but I think I got a gracefully other person.

See ya
Buur

Tamana
09-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Hi BUUR!

Actually I can tell this is Princess Grace. The only problem areas I see are the proportion of the eyes from one another, and the nostrils. Perhaps the hairline could be worked on, but the mouth, the chin/jawline and nect are right on!

Don't give up. I can tell you're really improving. :)

BUUR
09-05-2003, 06:40 PM
Thanks Tam, You are right. The only trouble is that I am always to impatient and don't give myself time to do it right. I come to a stage that I don't want to more about the painting as I might ruin it. If you know what I mean.

Thank you for your encouragement.

Kiaora

Tamana
09-05-2003, 06:49 PM
Yes I know what you mean. It's all part of the learning process. :)

somerset
09-05-2003, 07:49 PM
Agree with you & Tam. Sometimes it is easier to walk away if you know what you want but just cant quite do it now. Come back to it later after you have surprised yourself a few times and you will probably get exactly what you want.

It is much, much harder when you know something is wrong but can't identify it.

Simcha
09-06-2003, 12:17 PM
I generally scroll down to the painting first then read the note above. I recognized Princess Grace immediately. Hope that was your intention. Posting on "Abstract", one seldom understands the artist's intention.
:p