PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Friday 11th January 2013**

shipbroker
01-11-2013, 01:32 AM
Morning all

Had a look in at 3 and 4am and saw the tomato debate with interest
Love them and in my poorer days in London lived on them both tinned and fresh!......them and cheap Cheddar

No plans made other than getting the papers shortly

rgds

geoff

doppler
01-11-2013, 01:52 AM
That was a very close call Geoff!

I was just catching up on the wash from yesterday.

Doris, I LOVED your nephews short film. Especially the bit where the "cracker" broke. Isnt it always the way? :lol: Glad you are getting better and look forward to seeing your owners pictures.

Re the tomatoes, I left them out on the bench until they were totally lusciously ripe. Picked them at the turn of colour (something had got in and chewed anything riper) We scoffed a lot and froze five bags for later use Had to store the remainderin the fridge because of fruit fly attack. Ours are well and truly gone now and will be reefed out on the weekend. We will clear the whole vege garden and let it lie dry and fallow until our seasonal rains arrive. IF they ever arrive.:rolleyes: Got some cherry tomatoes in pots where we can keep the water up.

Usual day of chores today. Hot and dry again. The Bribie Island smoke is here again but the afternoon wind is cool.

:wave:

Yorky
01-11-2013, 02:51 AM
Good morning all. I'll have to get up - lazybones :)

PS: "'Dontopedology' is the science of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it." (Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, KG, KT, OM, GBE, AC, ONZ, QSO, GCL, PC, AdC)

A great quite by Robert Genn this morning. One I should take heed of according to Ruth :lol:

BBL

Doug

doppler
01-11-2013, 03:25 AM
Morning Doug. I really enjoyed that post too. PS that's where I got catatonia from. Perfect description at the moment.

Lulu
01-11-2013, 04:08 AM
:wave: too tired now to talk........first day of work and it is quite the best job!

Off to bed, 'nuther day tomorrow :wave:

laudesan
01-11-2013, 04:11 AM
Hey all.

I would appreciate some healing vibes and prayers for my girlfriend in Turkeys husband. There was a terrible accident. A construction truck was backing up, and fell into a pit. , then through a wall that Nazif was standing behind. All the rubble landed on top of him. He is intensive care, or that was where he was, when Brigatta emailed me. I am terrified for her and her husband. What a dreadful thing to happen. :(

Bill and JJ, I don't see any tomatoes either :) but i am going to try one of Russian type this summer. There is one there. Almost ready to come in. There is one left on the bush in the front garden too. I shall have to pull that bush when it is ripe enough to pick. You will love the flavour Gail.

Annie, that smoke from the Bribie fires was gagging me at 6.30am

I had better start supper............

Yorky
01-11-2013, 04:11 AM
Night night Lulu, sleep well.

Doug

Island Nipper
01-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Good morning everyone, lovely sunshine and 6 deg c here. Sitting with balcony doors open enjoying the warmth of the sun.

Henry, thanks will get some.

Annie, what did you mean by "you short brained me?" I hope I have not upset anyone with my rambling posts.

Jj,love and light to your friends poor husband.

My oldest son and his wife arrived yesterday, at the same time a large crate arrived which nurse Beryl announced contained a "glass swirl table" which "I" had apparently bought from Italy! The crate was constructed with typical Italian enthusiasm, don't use one staple when six will do. Son was dispatched to my garage to find a wrecking bar to open the crate.
After assembly. And dusting and much stepping back and cooing Beryl announced that the table which was to be between our chairs for coffee etc was, far to nice to have things put on it. It now has pride place in balcony windows so we and anyone using the courtyard outside, can enjoy our table....Doh...

I am to be given a trip out,
...I am to be whisked away by wheelchair taxi to The Fighting Cocks Inn for lunch with the family, great.

Nipper will be fine as we have two Geoffs. Nipper is the name given to all males on the Island regardless of age.

Anyway darlings, I must fly, my carriage awaits.:clap: :clap:

dlwilliams48
01-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Good morning all - I had a look in here around 3 AM local time as I woke up and could not get back to sleep. I expect a combination of work and buying the new travel trailer is not helping.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2013/986611-avatar1.jpg

I'll just post one photo of it. Really nice inside as well, and there is a deep slide on the other side that really expands the dining area. Can't wait to get it to the state park next week.

Hi to Nipper, don't think I have greeted you yet. I haven't been in here as much recently. Welcome.

JJ, sorry to hear about your friend's husband. That does sound like a terrible, freak accident. I hope he recovers.

I think I might have missed the great tomato debate, but I do love them as well.

Really warm here this morning - 66F (19C). I could have run in shorts and t-shirt. As a matter of fact, I plan on wearing a short sleeve shirt to work today.

Speaking of which, time to get ready for work. Later.

Scene Chaser
01-11-2013, 06:03 AM
Good Day All,

Geoff, I'm a tomato fan, too. They are quite expensive here now as they are out of season, but a can went into my chili yesterday.

Well, Doug, I think we all fall to Dontopedology occasionally. It use to be a regular occasion with me. It's only slowed because I don't get out much.

It has been raining here and we're to see 50 F today. Unseasonably warm.

Annie, I hope your rain comes sooner than expected.

JJ, so sorry to hear of your friend's accident.

Geoff H, enjoy lunch with family.

A fine looking camper, Don. Don't think I'd be able to sleep for the excitement either.

I'm about to return to bed, I think.
Bill

Maffet
01-11-2013, 06:08 AM
Hello to all!

Good day today :wave: Outside is cold and crazy - 5 minuts is nice sun and 5 minuts heavy snow and it goes round and round ... funny weather.

Painfull ears are better, even I am not 100% fit and most of people at open space office have some troubels, so it's matter of time before I will get something again - but there is no escape from that. :-) I woke up early, was stretching my body with light practise, cooking meals for all day and when I come to work I opened letter to boss I have been writing last 3 days.

Letter to inform my boss, that I want to change my work contract to partial job to only 4 day week with free friday and that I want to do friday my "studio" day and dedicate it only to illustration. I was still reworking that round and round, so today I deleted that letter, stand up, come to boss office and told him directly and fast. I feel better now! :-) I still have no idea if they allow me, as he must talk to higher boss about that, but at least they know. :evil: :D

Yorky
01-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Enjoy your trip out Nipper.

Congratulations on the new caravan Don, looks really roomy.

Dull here and cooler at 3C/38F.

Doug

shipbroker
01-11-2013, 06:25 AM
Don.......love your new trailer...I'm afraid our caravans over in Europe tend to be more restrained in appearance...to 'fit in'. although how white and off-white fit in with green and brown I don't know!

Think this is the way forward for me now.............

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2013/84585-caravan.jpg

geoff

Yorky
01-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Think this is the way forward for me now.............
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug

laudesan
01-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Have had a text from Brigatta, Nazif is in an induced coma. My heart goes out to both of them. I am so scared for him. Their life was just getting back on track. This contract was a God send to them. How can it all go so wrong..:(

Don, that is a magnificent trailer.

Nipper, enjoy your trip out today..

Jana good luck. :heart:

Sleep well Bill.

Geoff :lol:

ScarletLake
01-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Hi WC Family:wave: :wave: :wave:

Thought that I would post before the sun comes up and the craziness of the day sets in.

My update: Enjoyed a good Christmas with family, went to see a movie on New Years Day a comedy This is 40 and loved it. I needed to laugh.:lol: :lol:

Since then it has been one thing or the other with my dad. Follow up Dr. appts, therapy sessions, etc, etc. The heart surgery helped his heart but being under the anesthesia really jumped him several levels in his dementia. Mind you he has had that for 10years and we certainly could see him getting much worse in his memory he still had the ability to do his own personal care and live at home. That is gone for good.

He is now in the later stages and has lost his appetite and his mobility. He was discharged from OT and PT therapies this week and my stepmom has done the paperwork to admit him as a permanent resident of the nursing home. Tough stuff for sure.

My only issue with all this is that my sister and stepmother have spent the last 10 years with their heads in the sand regarding Alzheimers. When I tried to provide them with information and talk to them about the stages they chose to tell me I was cold hearted and that I thought I knew everything.

They did not educate themselves at all and now they feel the need to call me with "every little minute detail" of dad's day. I have been having my own problems with my 24 yo son lately along with the issue that I need to go back to work (which was delayed by the past 8 weeks due to Dad).

Personally having him at the nursing home is a HUGE relief for me. He needs 24 hr a day care and we can't provide that for him. He is in a brand new facility only 2 years old. It is pretty, clean, newest technology. They are doing a great job of caring for him. The nursing staff has been great as the administrative staff. I visit him at least 4x''s a week and I understand where we are in the process.

So now back to being able to take care of my life and handle the things I need to be taking care of.

So that's why I have not been doing much with WC or any other computer related sites that I normally visit. Just been running so much and by the time I sit down at night I'm just too tired to look at a computer screen.

I will say this ---I have been reading up on the Spanish Flu of 1918 - 1919 and it was something else. In the USA it killed almost 700,000 people that winter and worldwide I believe 3 million.

I did get a flu shot in Sept and believe they help the body fight even if you get the flu you don't get it as bad.

We just had a young healthy 22 yo girl die from it who entered the hospital 6 days ago. Her family said they are just in shock about how fast it went.

So do as much as you can to protect yourself ---Handwash, use antibacterial washes, clean surfaces with Lyson or Clorox wet wipes. etc, etc.

Well enough of me ---I did read the last few days of wash but too long a post now to comment.

Anita

Maffet
01-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Judy! I had luck! I just talked to boss and she confirmed that. So I will have partial job only 4 days at office and 1 day will dedicate to my private job at studio. Jupeeeeee! Maybe less money but more time to paint and be able to paint book covers. I am happy.

olliewood0702
01-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Hello everyone,

It's raining and mild out this morning; supposed to be un-seasonably warm.

It's FRIDAY and the weekend is almost here. YIPPEE

Jana, WHOOHOO....good for you, I'm glad they let you do it.

Nipper, enjoy your dinner with family.

Anita, the flu epidemic is SO SCARY. I'm worried for my grandkids and family. You just never know; we saw on the news last night a Mother and Father were being interviewed who lost their teenage son. They said it happened so fast and he told them he was scared and the MOther told him it'd be okay...and it wasn't.:crying: Just tragic.Your Dad is in the best place for him.

Aww JJ, (((()))) sending hugs and white healing vibes to your friend's hubby. How horrible; these workplace accidents can be so quick and un-expected.:grouphug:

Don, that is one beautiful trailer; no wonder you can't wait to use it.

Annie, so sorry your tomatoes are already done; I hope you get some cherry tomatoes to enjoy.

Geoff, that is a cute little travel trailer; good enough for one or two people I guess to lay their heads for a night.

Bill, this warm weather probably isn't good for all the illnesses going around; the cold seems to nip the virus's in the bud. I haven't heard what next weeks weather is supposed to be yet.

Hello thereLuLU and Doug!

Sending waves to all who have visited:wave: and more for all who are yet to come.:wave:

Enjoy your day!:heart:

Uschi
01-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

Temperature a bit above freezing, sky gray and it is supposed to rain all day.

No plans really except table tennis in the early afternoon.

I dropped by the Good Life fitness center yesterday, they have a promotion right now and are offering 5 free sessions. Will go there on Tuesday for first session where they will explain how to use the machines to me. I'd only be using about three of them.

Annie, what a shame that you have to stop gardening in the middle of the summer. I guess when everything is said and done most of us buy our water, we just don't have it delivered by truck:)

I normally use about 4 dollars worth of water BUT by the time all the other charges i.e. sewage are added on, my 4 dollars worth of water is costing me about $23 every month.

Lulu, wonderful that you are loving your new job!!!!!!

Geoff H, going to the pub will be such a nice change for you - enjoy!!!!

Don, magnificent camper!!!! I'd be excited too!!!

Geoff, funny photo!! Some time ago I actually looked into buying one of those trailers, they are NOT cheap.

JJ, I am so sorry for your friend. What a tragedy, definitely sending my best wishes their way.

Jana, you are probably a most valued employee and to keep you they will probably accept your demand:crossfingers: :crossfingers:

Anita, what a shame about your dad. Now he has a good heart and can't really enjoy it. Lots of stress for you, I hope everything sorts itself out for you quickly.

Char, I hope your improvement from the flu/cold holds this time!!!!!

Hi Doug and Bill!!!

Time for my breakfast.

:wave: Uschi

:clap: :clap: for Jana!!!!

Strawberry Wine
01-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Good Day Washers from a dreary, raining, morning in the Grove.

I would much rather have - 8 C. and snow. Our lake is not freezing, the skiing, hiking, toboggon, and snowmobile groomed trails will quickly deteriorate today. Even warmer tomorrow with more rain. :(

JJ, what a horrible accident to happen to your friend. Sending healing vibes and white light to him. An induced coma will heopefully start the healing process.

Geoff, love your mini trailer, I think I will need one of them soon as well. :lol:

Don, actually, I like yours much better. How long is it?

Nipper Geoff, enjoy your lunch out. No worries about offending anyone. We, meaning those of us on the other side of the pond, often have to ask Annie what she means :)

Anita, as difficult as it is, having your Dad in 24 hour care is where he needs to be. Hopefully, the rest of the family will soon adjust and just take each day at a time.

Jana, good for you ! :crossfingers: that they accept your request. Many companies here have a "flex time" policy which can allow for a shorter work week, shorter day or just changing the time that they start and finish. Good Luck

Bill, why don't you and Janet rent a camper for a week or two this summer. She may just realize what she has been missing.

Time to eat and get moving

Cheers,

Gail

EDIT : Congratulations Jana !!!!

Doris345
01-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Hi again Washers,

JJ- My best HAWL and prayers to your friends Brigatta and Nazif.
Lulu - good luck in your new job!
Don - great trailer, but I like Geoff's also :wink2:

Annie - not only is that broken crack all too realistic, but the Guac on the thumb is definitely 'me' - Do check out some of his other work. My favorites are 'The Deep' and 'Roof Sex' - two totally different concepts and both totally wonderful.

Now - drum rolls please - I have finally gotten a decent photo - or 100's - of my Owner. Here is Louie:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2013/19871-EvenCoolerNew.JPG

And just because . . .

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2013/19871-NewMyGuy.JPG

He was really sweet and concerned while I was going through all my treatments, and adapted fairly nicely to my brother's house (and his 2 cats) when we moved him in there with me, as long I was there, but every time I went back into hospital for a procedure he would 'act out' and misbehave, so we eventually put him back in my apartment and had my sweet, loving neighbor take care of him. We were all much happier that way.

Big plans for the day: Kremer Pigments is 1 block from my apartment, so I am going to walk over there and spend some money. Never was there before, I actually forgot about them for decades [7/8 years] and had no idea they had moved from SoHo to Chelsea.

My best to all. . . . Now go and Check out Pes's website. He is great.

Doris

olliewood0702
01-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Doris, CONGRATS TO YOUR NEPHEW! I'll check it out.:clap: LOUIE is SO GORGEOUS! He looks un-fazed with you snapping pics of him.:lol: Have fun spending money at the paint store.:evil: My DH's kidney stones occur about every couple of months. He's had approx 38 since he was 30 years old and he's now 57! He's had a couple of lithotripsies which he was able to pass them; thankfully. I'm so sorry you went through such a horrible experience...they are excrutiatingly painful.:heart:

Uschi, good for you joining the gym; it'd be worth it even if you only use a couple of the pieces of equipment.

Gail, you are right; the colder weather is healthier and for the winter sports necessary.:confused:

wcartistsr
01-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Good Morning all. Gray out and rain overnight.
Yesterday was devoted to cleaning files. We got through about 3/4 of them and I was exhausted last night. Scanned a few more slides.

Today I need to do some cooking and I think I will paint and put the other work aside as I need a break.

JJ, so sorry for your friend's accident and surely pray for his recovery
Jana, glad you stood up for yourself and got your work hours changed so that you can enjoy your studio time.
Goeff, loved your mini trailer. I already have the scooter to go with it!
Anita, having your dad cared for by others will be good for you and for him.
Lulu, glad you are enjoying your job.

Shirley

Yorky
01-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Louie is definitely in charge Doris :lol:

Just baked a chocolate cake and stewed apples.

We had a folding trailer when the kids were young - absolutely ideal.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2013/1046-CampimgDandy.jpg

Doug

Island Nipper
01-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Just back from the pub, rolled belly of pork in cider and apple sauce, saute potatoes etc, accompanied by a rather large glass of Aussie red. Aaaaah. There goes my calorie count for the week.

Goose Island Sycopators? Keith came yesterday with his guitar and I managed to play three jazz numbers with him, I will so miss it when I can no longer play, still other strings to my bow.

Geoff, that buggy is the same as I have so all I need is the trailer! What a trailer the other is, brilliant.

Knocked for six now so must rest, big high to all and I hope those of you that are unwell feel better soon. My sister in law in Tazmania has made contact, she is fine but quite jittery.

ZZZZ's

NancyR
01-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Good morning all,

JJ-White light being sent to your friend's husband. What an awful accident. Be careful with breathing in the smoke from the fires, it can compromise your lungs. You might have to close up the house and turn on the air if you have it.

Don-Love the trailer. That is the only way to camp as far as I am concerned. I know you will enjoy using it.

Anita-Your father is in the best place for all of you. It has made a difference in my life putting my mother in assisted living. Now you can concentrate on yourself. Sorry you are having trouble with your son.

Doris-Glad you are on the road to recovery. Louie is happy that life is back to normal.

Jana-I am so happy for you. If I were to change to part-time, I would lose all my benefits. So that is not an option for me.

Darla/Anita-That young man that died was from North Texas. The flu is spreading like wildfire.

Need to get back to work. Backing up old files and then deleting them from my hard drive. Only two more sleeps until vacation starts!

CharM
01-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Good morning Washers... SW Ontario is warm as Spring and it's raining... we're lucky to have escaped the cold temperatures because further NE, they're having to deal with freezing rain... nasty...

I had an appointment first thing this morning... all is fine... and I'm home again, home again jiggety jig... working on the centre of my poppy, catching up on email and working on my Service Club Newsletter... all at the same time! :lol:

I'm going to run a mop over the floors later on because we'll be having a bit of company on the weekend... not that they'll notice, really, but it makes me feel a little better... :rolleyes:

Geoff, I can dozens of pints of stewed tomatoes because we love them too! Loved the scooter trailer! :lol:

Annie, I like to grow a cherry tomato plant in the house during the winter months... It's not terribly prolific, but it's sure nice to nip a fresh one now and again...

In SW Ontario, a lot of hydroponic farms have been established and we're able to get fresh cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes almost year round...

Doug, I suspect that Dontopedology is really quite common... :)

:wave: Lulu...

JJ, what a terribly sad tragedy... :( I'm so sorry for your friend and hope for a positive outcome.

Nipper, your lunch sounds really nice... especially with family...

That's a beautiful trailer, Don! Congratulations!

Hi Bill... hope you had a nice nap...

Good luck with your change in hours, Jana... I hope you continue to feel better... Oh, I see that your boss confirmed it! Yay!!

((Anita))... one day at a time...

Darla, this is your TGIF day! :clap:

Hi Uschi... didn't you look into Zumba? Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy GoodLife... I think they have yoga classes, too...

Gail, our snow is gone. The river is thawing. I'd prefer the deep cold also... this raw dampness will make all those suffering with the flu feel even that much worse (for some reason)...

Doris, Louie is such a handsome boy! And I love his haughty expression!

Shirley, definitely take some *you* time!

Nancy, the excitement is building! :)

It's time for me to make a little lunch... I skipped breakfast today and I'm getting hungry... Have a great afternoon, everyone... :grouphug:

shipbroker
01-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Afternoon all....

Quite a decent dry day....before the snow arrives.....

On subject of snow here is a picture of my caravan in the snow...or rather the caravan that was later destroyed in a fire...but the replacement is almost identical...you can see Don what I meant about neutral colouring!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2013/84585-snowvan.JPG

geoff

kaypainter
01-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Quick post from me as (like Lulu) I have an appointment today with the endodontist. Yesterday I had a pain in the jaw I never knew could exist (never had a toothache before). Flew off to the dentist, and he confirmed what I suspected but tried to think I wouldn't need. A root canal. It's on the tooth that has a crown. I'm just thankful they can save the tooth because after spending $1500 or so dollars to put a crown on it, I'd have been awash in tears if it needed to come out. Now it will be so expensive it should be gold plated and encrusted with diamonds. :rolleyes: :lol:

JJ lots of big blue butterflies to Brigitta and Nasif. :crossfingers: for them too.

Yes Uschi my brother and SIL and my sister loved their presents. Worth all the hard and painful work.

((((Anita))))) Hope you can get some of the strain in your life relieved now that your dad is in care.

Wowie zowie Don. I love that camper.

:lol: :lol: Geoff I love that too.

Dontopedology -- Can only say I'm glad I have small feet and a big mouth -- makes it so much easier to change them out. :angel:

:clap: :clap: Jana!! So now we can look forward to more of your beautiful illustrations/paintings.

So many other things I was going to say, but must go get ready now.

Lots and lots of HAWLTAIN

:wave: :wave:

Kay

WthrLady
01-11-2013, 01:04 PM
reading my way through a DELICIOUS book. David Gentleman's Britain.

Yorky
01-11-2013, 01:10 PM
I have that book too but if you get a chance Caryl check out "Graham Greene Country (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5754801&postcount=7)" by Paul Hogarth who writes and sketches in the locations in Graham Greene's books. There's a review in the Book Reviews thread in the Learning Zone.

Doug

doppler
01-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Good morning.

White light to your friends JJ. Awful accident.

Nipper, I suffer enormously from Prince Phillip disease. Not going to try to remember how to spell it. I meant that I have been meaning to comment on your posts ? Glad you got up early and shook my brain cells :heart: Glad you had a good dinner with family.

Doris, Louie looks positively aristocratic. Very handsome. He looks like a firm but fair owner. I love his fur. Velvet.
I've book marked Pes's site to check out the rest of his videos.

Nice caravan Don, Geoff and Doug.

Better get a coffee :wave:

Flattwo
01-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi to All

Just popping in to say hello

True story, my Mother went for an eye test today, the optician said, read the letters out loud on the board please, my Mother said....what board? she now has an appointment with a specialist!

Henry

shipbroker
01-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Henry.

Oh dear Mothers ,i found out that mine has an appointment at the Plastic Surgery on Tuesday about the work done to her leg

Don't seem bothered about the 6 inch skin graft across her head though
She is very confused today and reckons she watched the whole of her operation on TV last night and that it is being repeated again tonight!

Went out and ordered 4 new tyres this afternoon as weather not improving plus my car will need a 100,000 mile service soon too. All expense....

geoff

laudesan
01-11-2013, 07:16 PM
I have an update on my friends husband. The driver of the truck was 3 times over the alcohol limit :( He is in police custody.
Nazif has a fractured skull and brain swelling from lack of oxygen whilst he was being dug out of the rubble. He has multiple fractures. Time will tell. Thanks for your good thoughts. Prayers and healing vibes still much needed.
This couple have been through some very bad times, and were on their last legs, when Nazif won this construction contract. I just can't believe this has happened, and that their future is so uncertain again. To make matters worse, They care for his mother, who is about 100 years old and has dementia. She is being a right handful at present. This is more than a hiccup.

Judy! I had luck! I just talked to boss and she confirmed that. So I will have partial job only 4 days at office and 1 day will dedicate to my private job at studio. Jupeeeeee! Maybe less money but more time to paint and be able to paint book covers. I am happy.:clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

Yay Uschi. You go girl!! :heart: Gardening here for Annie and I is a struggle. At this time of year, if the plants are not drought tolerant, they die. I have a lavendar garden in the front of my house that thrives on this weather thankfully. It is still blooming, and I haven't watered that garden, just the one tomato plant in there. I have aloe vera growing in there, and a couple of bromelaids, which are struggling.

The other garden on the driveway side is totally drought tolerant. I am however, going to pull a lot of stuff out when the weather cools, as it is past it's use by date for me, and I want to replenish the soil and start again with more natives.

What a shame about the rain Gail. What is winter in the snow, if you can't have fun with it.

Doris, Louie is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Doug, what happened to your eerrrrrrrrr "eating plan" Chocolate cake no less :lol:

Nipper, I love Jazz!!!! Have you recorded any? Wish I could sit in, on a jam session.

Nancy, thank you for your concern. Yes i am cautious about the smoke haze we have. I am an asthmatic, who I can happily say, has had it under control for quite a few years now, with Pulimcort. I do "feel" it some days, wake up breathless. Mostly I am fine. My heart goes out to all the asthmatics in our fair city, who are not fine.

Char, as busy as ever. Glad you are feeling somewhat better. Ted?

Kay, hugs for the root canal.

Henry. :eek: Poor mother.

Geoff, hugs for your mother.

I am going to make a coffee..