PDA

View Full Version : Minor Order Issues with DB- Return or Not?

Nalatu
01-10-2013, 06:17 PM
I made a huge order from Dick Blick and a couple of my items came with either minor damage or were the wrong item (but still usable). Here's what they were:

Neptune 1" Aquarelle Brush- The hairs on the ends are sticking out and one or two of them are badly bent. Do you think that's enough to warrant a return?

Derwent Watercolor Pencils- Three of the pencils I received are from the old line (painted aqua instead of navy blue). I've heard that the old line is inferior, so I'm not sure if I should keep these or not.

Holbein Peacock Blue- The site says it's PB17, but the tube says it's a mix of PG7 and PB15. I'm trying to stick to single-pigment paints, and need a good cyan. If I return this, what paint should I get instead? I already have PB29, PB15, and PG36.

WthrLady
01-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Yup. I don't tolerate errors or bad materials or shoddy quality control.

painterbear
01-10-2013, 08:58 PM
You might go to the Dick Blick Partner Forum (http://wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=410) here at Wet Canvas and ask your question there.

This is what they say in their Guidelines: No matter how you buy from us, we want every customer to have a satisfying ordering experience.

Take them up on that, I think you'll find satisfaction. ;)

Sylvia

M.L. Schaefer
01-10-2013, 10:26 PM
In the many years I have been doing business with Dick Blicks, I have had only one problem..It was so quickly resolved it made my head spin. Blick's is noted for their wonderful customer service and responses, you will not be disappointed. Their are extremely reputable, and they will resolve any problems you may have.

Kiwi

Doris345
01-11-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm with Kiwi on this.
Every time I have walked into their store with a problem, they cannot do enough to help me out and resolve my issue. They are very positive in terms of customer satisfaction.

Doris