PDA

View Full Version : MC Donald Lake

harryfisherman
01-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Im stuck on the tree reflections in the water. Any ideas?. Thanks

Harry792154

painterlight
01-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi Harry -- Lovely painting, really. I actually don't have a problem with the reflections, although there could be a few highlights in the lower left hand quadrant.

My eye keeps getting pulled to the shadow's hue intensity in the mid section of the rock face. I think parts of that could be brought down to make a unified shadow structure.

harryfisherman
01-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Harry

tony1
01-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Nice work.

The trees sit back a bit from the shoreline so you would only see a portion of them in the reflection. That being said I believe they could extend a bit longer.

really nice atmosphere.

Bevahlee
01-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Love the color and treatment of the subject, but it seems as though all the color is on the right hand side and the lefthand side is all neutrals. And I don't understand the head in the left foreground. But outside of that it is a beautiful piece. really nice treatment of the trees and rockface and water

harryfisherman
01-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Beverly

Thanks for commenting. The "head" in lower left is actually part of the easel clamp.

Harry

arnieb
01-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Looking good:thumbsup: Like the mountains and autumn trees. Try working some of the tree and mountain colour in as reflection, but leaving the dark water on the left. Pearhaps an autumnal bush bottom left? Arnie

harryfisherman
01-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Arnie,

Thank you for taking the time. Are you saying to put a small autumn bush
on the fore ground section, in place of the easel clamp as an eye stopper?.

Thanks

Harry

arnieb
01-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Yes, but on second thoughts grey may be better, or reeds so it not distracting. That corner is a bit empty - you have some interest in the water. Nevertheless it works as it is without a stop. Suggest work on reflections and reconsider then. Arnie