PDA

View Full Version : Random Act...

Irishman
01-09-2013, 01:42 PM
A number of years ago, I came across the expression or exhortation to "do a random act of kindness" and today I was on the receiving end of one such act.A member here,from the U.S., with a wonderful, loving and kind heart,went to great effort,not to mention expense,to send me a parcel as a surprise gift.I knew the person was sending me something but was not prepared for the gorgeousness of it.
I am still stunned and shocked at such thoughtfulness, for not only is the act of doing it so wonderful in itself but the contents of the parcel are such a joy from which I will get hours of pleasure.I am refraining from revealing the person's name from a discretionary point of view and only because I am not sure that they would appreciate it and do not want to offend.
Thank you

JudyL
01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Wow! how cool is that!

Mike3839
01-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks for sharing the message of the gift with us Larry. I'm a firm beliver in "reap - sow" with this in mind I'm not surprised for you getting blessings, if you will, from your gifts to others. I may come off as being a little spiritual, that was my intent.

Mike

painterbear
01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Since you posted it here in Palette Talk in the Watercolor Forum, I'm guessing and hoping the gift has to do with watercolors and/or a painting in watercolors. :confused:

Doesn't matter, it was a loving and generous thing to do to send you such a nice surprise. :thumbsup: to your Benefactor and to you for acknowledging it here.

:D

Sylvia

indraneel
01-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Cusiosity will kill me, I'm sure of it! Can I look into the hamper?

I've met many many people from the US who have gone to great effort to help me out, even at their expense. Being from India, this has significantly changed my outlook at the world in general, and even at myself personally.

Yorky
01-09-2013, 04:55 PM
That's the kind of folk we have here Larry.

Doug

Lulu
01-09-2013, 05:41 PM
That's the kind of folk we have here Larry.

Doug

Indeed!:thumbsup:

laudesan
01-09-2013, 05:47 PM
There are some wonderful people here in the watercolour forum.

olliewood0702
01-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Yes....ditto for me....what a great, caring group here in watercolor; and I'm glad you were on the receiving end.:thumbsup: