PDA

View Full Version : What to do...

harryduse
09-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Hi
I started painting the other day and this is the result , I don't know what to do with it without messing it up..
Any suggestions? Do you think its done?
Harry

Keith Russell
09-05-2003, 07:45 PM
Looks done to me...

talkingbanana
09-05-2003, 07:47 PM
It looks good so far! I like the colors. :) Oooh, and the texture. :D

What may be bugging you (if anything is) is the fact that everything's the same height. Try making some of those hills - probably the ones on the left - higher to break up the horizon. Also, break up those clouds a bit so they don't follow the same line as the ground. (This may be something to keep in mind for next time, though, if you're scared of messing it up.)

Welcome to WC! And keep up the good work! :D

Marty C
09-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Looks done, and done well. Good color, dramatic sky, I don't think I'd mess too much with this. Is something bugging you about this Harry?
Normally on my pieces I reach a certain point and look at it from a respectable distance and it says "enough, I'm done."
Trust your feelings on this, if you feel content it's finished then it probably is done. If something is nagging at you then I find the best thing is to leave it for a few days and then look at it fresh with a new, critical eye. Usually whatever was nagging you hits you straight away.
But as I said this is good, works for me. I've seen your other posts and I very much like your work and your use of color. Keep it up!:)

Ivyleaf
09-05-2003, 11:38 PM
When you put down the brushes, that's a good indication either it's done, or it just needs to sit for a while.

To me, I love it just as it is...it looks complete to me.

Very lovely work!

:) :) :)
Ivy